Western Techpunk is cringy; but the Japanese make it look so casual and natural

Western Techpunk is cringy; but the Japanese make it look so casual and natural.

When I see a samurai inside a city or riding a plane, it doesn't feel odd at all; as long as the technology is a little retro or a little futuristic.

Why is this, Veeky Forums? Give me your japanese steampunk/dieselpunk

I'd like to think when it comes to the Japanese there are no hang-ups about what's suppose to fit where. Western audiences will sperge at the idea of guns and swords in fantasy but hey, don't mind me. I'm just riding around in my dope ass car on my way to the beach and i decided to get out, rent some chocobos and go kill a giant monster that decided to hold up in an abandonend power station. No biggie.

>Western Techpunk is at least somewhat grounded in reality
ftfy

The Japanese stuff is cringy too, you're just a weaboo and think everything Nihonese is wonderful.

Anime rotted your brain.

What even is techpunk?

It's a buzzword OP invented to criticize

That looks fucking retarded.

Japanese techpunk looks casual and natural because it's drawn with a total disregard for mechanical function.

Look at that poor bastard on the ultralight. He's going to be going over a hundred miles an hour and his windscreen may as well not be there for all the good it does. God help her.

In short, it's your own ignorance that makes grorious nipponpunk look more aesthetic. It's all form and no function.

That's because you have no taste.

I have no taste because I don't like armored nazi supersoldier #999999999 and not because you're a retard, sure.

Maybe it's because Japan went from a feudal, pre-industrial society, to an industrial empire in one lifetime. Specifically, Emperor Meiji's
That's bound to have a impact on their cultural views on technology

Haha what is that little windshield for?

Nah, you're just a weeb.

The vehicle is impractical for a number of reasons, including why doesn't she at least have a back for it so her ass doesn't slide off into the propeller?

Oh, I'm sorry. It's because you're not taste and too autistic to accept that people have different opinions.

CASUAL LOOKS!

Weren't you paying attention?

no this is cringey, extremely cringey. it doesn't look natural at all
and ffxv is a jap rent boy simulator not a fantasy

A weird term OP invented in an apparent attempt to replace dieselpunk

Are you telling me a deco rent-boy simulator where you fight pulp villains with adventurer husbandos wouldn't be awesome?

Not arguing, just curious?