JumpChain CYOA Thread #1580: Quicksilver Miracles Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Think you forgot something there mate.

Charmed question
Why does Dabbler say 200/Free but not any conditions for it costing 200 or free? Is it supposed to be free for witches and warlocks but not the rest? Something else?

Can Lunars choose to love someone other than their Solar mate if the Solar is attempting to seduce them? What degree of direct control do Solars have over their bondmates?

So I finished reading Dies Irae last night. Spoilers within.

A lot of the characters, even the villains, grew on me after a while. There were a few instances the dialogue felt like a drag, namely whenever Ren is suffering from decision paralysis - though that gets addressed in a big way in the Rea route. Also, the MC has a fairly realistic win/loss ratio...that is, he's usually getting his ass kicked because he's been doing this shit for barely a week or two, and only wins due to twists of fate or outside help, though it only makes it more cathartic when everything clicks together - especially in the Marie and Rea routes. What ultimately enables the protagonists to triumph is their own desires and supporting each other, and it ends up kicking the house of cards the primary antagonists have setup more than once.

There's a lot of chuuni philosophizing and monologues, but the story has plenty of 'human' moments that kept me attached and wanting to see the end. I has a slow start, but it certainly goes places after a bit.

...oh, right. The danger level. The majority of Dies Irae is fairly manageable street/city level stuff. And then when/if Heydrich revives completely, shit escalates in a fucking hurry and doesn't stop. Like 'entire world being rewritten from the ground up, supernovas being thrown around, or a trio of superpowered gods in a battle royale.

Good news: Avoidable and manageable. Bad news: Bring some 'kill the unkillable' and anti-fate perks of some kind if you really want to get involved.

Also, Shirou Yusa is top tier companion material.

Anyways, looking forward to when Val makes this, and hoping the RL issues she's under get sorted out.

Mortals have to pay 200cp, every other race gets it free.

I've been trying to watch an LP of it, and I just can't get into it. I can't be the only one who finds the visual novel format really hard to read, right? Something about it being presented dialogue box by dialogue box keeps me from getting any momentum going. It's like they're intentionally ruining their own pacing.

Yeah if you companioned him he would probably be very grateful...or at least his level of gratefulness.

Reading a screenshot LP is a whole lot easier than navigating a video or dealing with funky textboxes i've found. Think its just a consequence of english needing more text per word

That being said when things line up to form gold they do

I feel like that's a natural consequence of both the format and the translation from English to Japanese - there's a lot more context and text to shove into a small space. And the pacing is REALLY slow to start. So, perfectly understandable.
I'm sure he'd appreciate it, if nothing else. Would definitely be a troublemaker for Jumpers who prefer being passive, but otherwise, goddamn the man is fantastic companion material in both combat and entertaining conversations.

I'm distressed that Rulsaka, especially after the Rea route, 100 percent fits my criteria for misfit or outcast companions.

Read the text of the second paragraph of the perk. It tells you there.

Ok so i've been sperging out on how to make a Fate/ servant build to rip off Gil's Gate with stuff like Kinght of Honor and crap.

(Since I cant just do it in a reasonable ammount of time like with the Space Pocket NP+Item Creation)

I decided to just go balls to the wall and EX mana with an EX NP Reality Marble called Jumper's Autistic Bag of Enough Dakka.

There I ripped off EMIYA's UBW and only have to make one magic AK-47 to have a wall of bullets that can kill servants.

I WILL achieve ENOUGH DAKKA by the end of the chain even if it guns down Akasha

>Something about it being presented dialogue box by dialogue box
So is that the norm? I've only read a few VNs, and my first was Fate, which uses normal text overlay.

>Japanese to English
The coffee hasn't kicked in yet shut up

>Spoiler

Yeah mine too actually, a shame we also cannot take Beatrice/best girl.

To those playing the new fate go game or played the old one, why is boudicca so dissapointing.

Also fate question, can these mystic codes be literally anything and what are the top tier things we have seen mystic codes be able to do?

I've had that problem with screenshot LPs, too, though. Like, I read the LP of Umineko (the first five parts of it, anyway, they're still working their way through) on Something Awful to catch up for that jump, and it was a slog. I just want a continuous page of text, keeps things flowing. Hell, not even just text, I'm fine with comics because there's a clear flow of progression between panels. When it's a static image with a dozen single-paragraph dialogue boxes popping up on it, then switching to another static image with another dozen dialogue boxes, and so on forever, I just can't get into it. And you're right, I think it probably does owe in part to the fact that you can fit more Japanese text in those boxes than English text, but even if it was more concise I think I'd still have problems.

Fairly common, yeah. Though even text overlay doesn't read right to me.

Pretty much all the characters are city level. The only street level character is Spinne and probably Lisa.

Also Wilhelm best.

> why is boudicca so dissapointing.
Being an early game 3* servant is suffering

I'll forward you a link where you can blog about it.

Wait, you mean this isn't my blog?

I have been deceived
Wilhelm is one entertaining psychopath. Hell, most of the villains have both a surprising amount of depth and characterization, even though most of them are horrible people. It's kinda fascinating, really.
I understand your pain, user.

I may have fucked up by dumping all my free high xp boost enhancements into her. But she does look pretty at ranks 3 and 4.

Saber lily seems nice though, I should use her more than mashu but I just feel bad for leaving mash out of the party.

I thought FGO was a japanese moba, you're telling me they made an English accessible version?

Yes, they can. Solars have no direct control over their bondmates at all.

Their bondsmates only get a penalty to their social defense against them. And unless they have a particularly strong bond (or the Solar managed to use Sun and Moon Method on them), not even that.

Feeling spoopy today. Could i see some recommendations for creepypasta chains or builds for generic creepypasta?

>Saber lily seems nice though, I should use her more than mashu but I just feel bad for leaving mash out of the party.

I know exactly what you mean, she seems like a puppy and it would feel bad of me to kick her out of the party.

Been out since yesterday.

>Also fate question, can these mystic codes be literally anything and what are the top tier things we have seen mystic codes be able to do?

Mystic codes are apparently magic items.

They go from making clothes more durable to the gem-sword thing Zelretch did that somehow could grab unlimited energy by taking an infinite ammount of "a bit" from the enture Nasuverse.

Rin used mystic codes inher gemcraft to that's a good benchmark

>Wait, you mean this isn't my blog?
>I have been deceived

I will shank you in the showers

>Solars have no direct control over their bondmates at all

Unless they use the fairly common charm called the lunar taming leash.

With your dick?

Generic creepypasta, zendikar, lovecraft

Does generic creepypasta include horror games and movies, or just creepypasta?

For the record, when he comes out, Merlin is part of the "I'm Fuckin Invincible" combo with powered up Mashu, i think you can splash Tamamo for more NP gain or Waver for proper buffs and debuffs

Not in my country of Australia. I am sad now.

That comes later

In Fire Emblem Tellius, is it possible to get the Grand, Rolling Fields property with a day/night cycle instead of perpetual sunny day?

That still only gives the Lunar a -5 penalty when going against the Solar. Significant, yes. But not anywhere near insurmountable.

It's also an unnatural Compulsion effect that requires the Solar to touch them, which means a Lunar can make themselves immune to it or remove it fairly easily.

Also, I mentioned that Charm here:
>(or the Solar managed to use Sun and Moon Method on them)

One: No such charm exists, that's just a joke name (though a canon joke name) for Sun and Moon Method. Two: Sun and Moon Method just raises the level of the Solar Bond background, it offers no direct control. Three: It's not common. It's the creation of paranoid Solars in the High First Age and is effectively unknown in the modern day, though as with all charms someone could rediscover it if they knew to look.

How hard is it to convert the Alchemical from the Mortal Hero Gauntlet to the jumper's side?

Well I got this card called kaleidoscope my first draw which starts me at 80% np so Im working with that and boudica atm to spam her chariot early fight.

Speaking of Fate...

I want to rip off Hassan of a Hundred Faces' Noble Phantasm using my own Jumper nature as the basis for splitting myself off. Would it be reasonable to use the A score it already has, or should I up it to A+ or EX considering my other selves would have unique powers from their original universe?

Only if the movie or game is from a creepypasta.

We have a Generic Horror movie Jump

Jumpers, if you had a bunch of extra CP you could spend in any one jump which one would it be?

Correction, that Im looking at working with. I cant actually use it yet.

God of the highschool
Fate/
Fate/servant supplement
Marvel's original jump

Light of Terra

Thanks. Never noticed the Horror jump.

Warframe. Definitely Warframe. There's too much that I really need to have.

Do Worm Tinker powers include an ability for putting their inventions together? A lot of their results seem impossible to make with normal means even if they have the knowledge from their shard so it gives the impression that their powers also help with actually putting things together. Such as with building devices too small for them to logically work with (miniaturization) or putting together complex explosives with their teeth (the bomb tinker).

Where can I waifu an anthropomorphized Sun?

Something something Amaterasu

Extremely so. They have multiple lifetimes worth of memories of exceptional and loyal service to the Eight Nations.

They're pretty much ultra-patriotic champion. For one to defect is nigh-unheard of.

And going with you means that they also lose access to all their infrastructure and support. Can't swap out charms or upgrade themselves then.

Of all the companions in Mortal Hero, even including the Abyssals, I'm pretty sure they'd be the hardest to convince by far.

Exalted, do it user turn Sol Invictus into a waifu! Also Ligier.

Fate, god of highschool, or warframe.

Going special human in goh is suicide with any othet drawbacks I tells you.

What's the least reprehensible path to become a wound in the Force?

Most of the good ones have been mentionned, but Endless Legends is a pretty god contender.
So many perks...

-Background: Cryptid (Free)
-Non-Euclidean Mind (400)
-Monstrous Body (Free)
-All Smiles (Free)
-Teleportation (Free)
-Spook (Free)
-Demograph (300)
-Ritualist (200)
-Myth (100)
-Glitch (-100)
-Companion Import/Creation x5 (-350)
-Creepypastas (Free)
-Eldritch Suit (-400)
-Monster (-)
-Abandoned By Jumpchan (-200)
-Men in Black (0)

-Appearance: I appear similar to my default state, if I was about twice the height and a character from some game who had a fucked up character model. Triangular patches of my body are missing, showing my empty body and the untextured flesh colored backside of my skin.
Parts of my body appear distorted, warped, stretched or flattened in unnatural ways for something of the normal world, like a glitched character in a game. My head especially is really fucked up, looking to have distorted black depth. My hair looks normal, my left eye hangs in the air where my eye socket should be, likewise with my lips and teeth where they should be.
My body freaks out a little whenever I move, especailly my face whenever I make any kind of expression. It's very unsettling.

(Lore below)

Who do Solars eventually start aging as normal again after a few thousand years? Was it an intentional design or some inherent limitation of a human/an Exaltation?

-"Lore": I was/am the main character of a horror/action game of a martial artist trapped in a monstrous themepark, which is what I'm going through at the start of the jump. The shitty game was rife with bugs, cliches and a terribly composed plot that felt disjointed with references to reincarnation and various disconnected storylines.
The most notorious bugs were rooted in the developer's use of “next gen” voice synthesizer technology for all lines in the game. A single unknown voice actor gave numerous samples which were then arranged into various lines for the main character, or half-assed scary lines for enemies after the pitch or tone was adjusted.
The programming that implemented it all was a complete and total mess however. The main character's lines were supposed to be divided into different pools that he'd draw from after certain prompts in the game, as is common. Instead, the main character would randomly read lines from “all” voice line pools at random, including those of enemies.
Sometimes lines would be read over each other or cut into one another, causing new lines to form like “Get ready for my-!” “-coming to get yooou~." Reaction and compilation videos of these bugged lines were the most popular thing about the game, though that isn't saying very much.
Numerous patches came out trying to fix the error, only for it to get worse over time. Entire sentences started being formed by the main character from patched together lines, read at odd, almost intentional moments in the game. Sales were never great to begin with, the studio eventually went bankrupt and the game mostly faded into obscurity.
Several years later some people reported playing the game and the main character speaking to them, personally, uttering details about their personal life or what they were presently doing, though attempts to record such behavior always failed due to the programming mess the game had devolved into, so no one could ever prove it.

*good

Overlord LN. I could start with 2000cp, take full drawbacks and still not get everything i want.

Sword & Sorcery is also a real CP hog. There's so much good stuff!

Third would be Generic Xianxia.
Yeah yeah, you can take the "stay longer" drawback as often as you need, but seriously?
I don't to stay a gazillion years there, i want to pick up my stuff, explore a little and then get on with jumping.
A few hundred or thousand years are fine if necessary, but i draw the line at 5 figures or above.

>English FGO
FUCK YES. JUMP WHEN?

Being present at an extinction level event.

Not this month, but Val's got the claim.

What is Fate GO anyway? I have heard about it but not much? Multiple Servants apparently. . . Servant Pokemon?

Gatcha game. Time's broke, something something king solomon and his demons.

That's pretty much exactly it. It's a mobile game, Fate/Grand Order, and it's exactly Servant Pokémon.

It's like Pokemon GO. But with Servants.

Fate GO.

Basically Pic related

You join the Chaldea Organization, make summons (mostly) at random of watered-down servants, level the up, then go on fixing past grail wars, stopping corrupted grails and preventing the apoocalypse

>Gatcha game.
>Servant Pokémon.
Wait. . . will we be able to collect all the cute servant waifus in the jump? I want cute servant waifus!

Depends on how much extra. 500 I'd go for Naruto and get rid of the MC kun drawback. Extra 1 or 2 thousand I'd add to Overlord, make myself super strong with several companions to match. 5000+ and I'd add it to a jump with multiple purchases for powers like Marvel or PS238

No idea how Val's handling the Servant collect-a-thon yet.

But rest assured, there's plenty of servant waifus.

Believe in Luck.

And microtransactions.

You can check the FGO wiki, it's good for making alternate wars with 'balanced' servants

Have you guys ever read the description in monster hunter's weapon? It makes terra forming seems like childs play. But can you bring it over to your next jump?

user, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific. What are you talking about and what are you asking?

I just want the chance to finally import all of my Companions as Servants.

Even if the only thing they get is a default Class loadout, free skills, and NP, and no SP to spend.

>warframe
What are some good purchases from that jump?

>terra forming
Bluh?

>But rest assured, there's plenty of servant waifus.
Then all will be well.

>watered-down servants
Your servants are actually full power.

The average tech level of the entire setting is still only about Industrial Revolution.

Try again, do not pass go, do not collect 200 Wulongs.

How bad did they censor loli servants?

Not at all.

Interesting if true.

Nintendo and Square's censor-happy bullshit has me antsy about censorship in gaming lately.

So how would one do it?

Someone should do a comparison between Japanese superheroes and western superheroes.

One side is Hero Academia, all bright and fun and heroic, and the other is Captain America being a nazi or the infamous Odin panel from the new Thor comics.

Really? I thought the needed at least one Upgrade to be Anime/Game level since Herakles stage 3 has this golden axe thing and badass kilt.

This, or some dumb ploy of importing literally all the companions and then funneling all their CP into my SP as some exceedingly dumb Mega-Servant Summoning.

I hope she allows you to be imported as a servant a second time, just this time as a different type of servant like how cu is a caster even though he hates it and brags about how he would have already won the grail war as a lancer

Type-MOON get a lot of stuff over uncensored. Look at Extra which managed to get a sex scene on screen in a T game.

That's pretty much just gameplay mechanics. When you summon a servant they come out as they normally would have.

>Look at Extra which managed to get a sex scene on screen in a T game.

Well boudicca has been termed boobica for a reason.

Anything plus orokin light. I prefer tenmo stuff because I love sexy robutt abomination biotech with tortured children.

In Extra your servant has to do a "mana transfer" with the girl you choose for that route. You're shown the shadowy outlines of them boning and get lines implying EMIYA got fingered in the ass by a eighteen year old indian homunculus while getting a blowjob.

>get lines implying EMIYA got fingered in the ass by a eighteen year old indian homunculus while getting a blowjob.

That was a wild ride from start to finish.

I like her 4th tier best though

To be fair western heroes have been around for a long, long while. So they change a lot through time, not to mention, they are basically a loan to the writers. To keep writing them more plots have to be made.

Anime/manga heroes have a single writer and a single story. And the usually only last what their author's manga runs, so they can be how they want, without having to take in account past incarnations nor having to reinvent themselves for the sake of a new story.

Originally Cap was more in line with All Might but over time... Yeah, sape with Supe's. eventually it started getting serious now and then.

Ok what i mean is can the items you found in jump be carried over to the next jump? And also monster hunters weapon are a good way to be world ruler tier imo

>To be fair
To be fair, the mire of edginess and SJW bullshit was entirely brought on by the comic companies themselves for the sake of pandering and so their terribleness is all their own fault.

I find it interesting that the asshole based on one of my ancestors looks a fair bit like me, they didnt even make him a girl which is awesome.