Atlantis

>Atlantis
>Roughly 600 miles west of gibraltar
>Has about the size of great britain. Maybe a little smaller

Would they be "part" (like britain) of europe or not? Could they benefit from the colonial times?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tFlAFo78xoQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, it was completely underwater by 1400 C.E.

>Britain
>Part of Europe

I'm sure this will end well

I'm also sure that this isn't going to summon the butterfly effect autismatron that shit up the last 2 threads of this sort we had.

But all that aside they would be pretty fucking well placed.

If they have some nicely high ground down the middle of the island then the relief rain should make the western half perfect grape, among other things, growing climate.

It's well placed to easy trade with western half of Africa as well as the Iberians assuming it hasn't in antiquity already claimed those coasts as their own.

If it's just one landmass with a reasonably even spread of people and it's been one nation for long enough then it could also possibly be in a good place to expand and claim Africa for it's own rather than France once the colony grabbing starts.

Oddly enough, a good test I had for this scenario was loading up an Atlantis mod for Europa Universalis 4. Played out as you'd expect; a bunch of baked in casius beli against iberia and North Africa. Afterward you mostly face of the big blue blob if France and her SHENANIGAINS. England becomes a vassal to suit the means of opposing France. And then you eat the Mediterranean.

I found by roughly 1888 Europe was unable to oppose, and only Russia contended (with no Western enemies they tended to form up nicely without issue.

This also meant you had a nice launching point for colonizing America, assuming you didn't crawl down the coast of Africa and round the horn. It's a toss up, as your position in the Atlantic let's you choke the trade through there, creating a very unbalanced triangle of trade (slaves to the carribean to sugar to Atlantis, etc)

>I'm also sure that this isn't going to summon the butterfly effect autismatron that shit up the last 2 threads of this sort we had.

Not him, but it would absolutely block the Gulf Stream, and make northern Europe significantly colder.

>I'm sure this will end well

?
Great Britain is part of europe. Both geographically and historically.

Was anyone seriously claiming this? I've never come across it before.

Sounds like the same kind of thing as the Irish claiming they're not in the British Isles.

I remember that Mod.

I also remember shoving my Byzantine foot up their ass by landing 300K troops on their shores.

Good mod.

>Playing EU III
>Play as the Iroquois
>Take most of my neighbors and just waiting for Europe to arrive
>They never do
>1650 comes around
>Still nothing
>decide to remove Fog of War
>The Golden Horde was converted to Catholicism, became the Holy Roman Emperor and had most of Europe as a vassal
>mfw

>part of Europe
No, I don't think so.

>benefit form colonial times
Who's doing the colonizing?

See, last I knew Atlantis was supposed to be technologically superior to the point of magic. That would mean that if anyone was going to do some colonizing, it would be the Atlantians. Plus at 600 miles away, they're much farther than the UK is from mainland Europe. So I doubt they'd be considered as part of it.

>Byzantine
>Eu IV
my nigga

That being said, nothing is better than a good old fashioned purple blob EUIII style.

I sucked a EuIII
like couldn't pull of a castile run
I may not be great at EUIV but I know what im doing

>not knowing original Atlantis was located in South USA around 11000/12000 BC
>Got demolished by an asteroid that ended the last ice age and killed everything in north america
>Handful of survivors exodus to around the world and spread the flooding stories + advanced but unclear knowledge

youtube.com/watch?v=tFlAFo78xoQ

I always fail as Byzantine empire

It basically is. Of course that was before brexit, now they are gonna stomp and froth even more to be even talked about in the same sentence as europe. I'm not dondoning brexit, its their choice. Its just that it really gets the mouth breathers going.

>The Divine Right of Khans
Kind of want

I really want to rebuild Byzantium in EUIV but I have no idea how to even start. Nothing seems to work, even when I try to follow (now massively out-of-date) guides...

>Roughly 600 miles west of gibraltar

Would this distance be too big for the romans?

im going to say yes

Probably.

Unless they knew there was something out there to sail to, then they might make an effort if they thought it might be profitable.

I'm from there, and I strongly considered voting Brexit. Generally speaking it was the Brexit gang insisting that we were part of europe, and the Remain gang arguing that by leaving the EU we'd be leaving Europe. Never really heard anyone arguing that it was the case, just a lot of accusations flying around.

What pushed me into the Brexit camp were the Remainers. Or at least removed the regrets for me.

Protip - calling someone a bigoted, racist, xenophobe will not get them to come over to your side.

I think a maritime empire would make some noises.

Assuming that they are technologically advanced enough to make proper ships.

What if the Atlanteans mastered sea travel?
And at one point decided to start raiding the Mediterranean?
What if the Sea People were really Atlanteans?