>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>I am the hammer! I am the point of His spear! I am the mail about His fist! I am the bane of His foes!
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Pestilens-Plague-Monks
ebay.com/itm/Ork-Supa-Stompa-Warhammer-40k-Reaver-Size-21-x-21-x-12-w-Custom-Gargant-Titan-/371989980870?hash=item569c54a6c6:g:FUwAAOSwuAVWx1SI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which scheme should I go for? (maybe combining traits from two?)

Armour from 1, cloth from 4

3, though mAybe skip the grey plates on lower thigh and upper calf

Wip Poxwalkers.

the bright orange weapons are going to be drybrushed with silver later, like heavy rust.

Some early /wip/ Fallen I'm currently painting as a change of pace and because every Dark Angels player should have at least a squad of Fallen.

This is my first attempt at edge highlighting.

My brother made me paint the way Duncan paints for this model and I think I did okay.

Anybody have any idea what these are?
Seller calls them "Mutant Traitor Terminators" but I can't find anything when I search for that. They look pretty old.

Some love for Warmachine?

>tfw you just don't have time
I want to paint more plaguebearers. I want to paint my converted predator. I want to paint my plague marines. I want to paint my plague drones and blight drone. Everything's just too busy and now I'm buying a house that needs loads of work and all my modelling stuff will be going into storage in a few weeks for ages. Hold me /wip/.

now those are glowing eyes done right

I want to build a tiny imperial themed gothic cathedral. I was thinking about using the Sanctum Imperialis or the Basilica administratum, or maybe some of the smaller buildings in the Gardens of Morr, plenty of candles and purity seals. Should I use something else? What should I put in the sanctum? A book, a sarcophagus or something more bizarre?
I'm trying to brainstorm some ideas, so if you have any ideas please feel free to share.

As a photo, some OC of a gothic cathedral in Prague

>those cum stains
>the dust encrusted keys
>the toppled paint in the background

Cool miniature though

Any love for word beares?

You've got pieces from different models there. The arms are from GW Choas Marines and terminators, but those bodies look like the hostile "definitely not Tyranid" aliens from Fantasy Forge's Kryomek game.

If you want some thing small check out the puppetswar church. That looks really nice.
Or get the Pegasus Hobbies gothic ruins kit if you want to do something bigger. They also look really good.

As for what to put in it, I'm not sure.
You could maybe use some of the Sector Imperials parts? Imagine the tank with the tyranid parts with the leftovers of an imperial saint for example.
Westwind miniatures also has some specimen tanks like that.

Another easy thing may be to just put a miniature up as statue on a pedestal with benches around for people to pray and worship and stuff like candles, coins, prayers etc strew around the base as offerings.

Oh Venethrax. First model I saw from Warmachine, got me into the game. Wish it hadn't gone to crap. I still have my small Cryx force, but it's hard to find a game around here anyway.
Nice job though. Gotta love that Cryx green glow.

Looking good man. I'd use FW's decals instead for the spcripture though

Looks nice man, keep the updates coming!

I feel you man.
Now I'm thinking of making a unit of Nurgle Marauders inspired by the red robed acolytes in the picture, which I absolutely adore. Would you guys agree that Skaven Plague Monks would make excellent basis for such conversions? Their woe-staves can easily be turned into Flails and Great Weapons which I'll probably be mixing freely within the unit so that either weapon set up is availible for games. Regarding the model itself snipping off their tails and adjusting/converting/replacing the heads should be sufficient to accomplish my goal.
What do you guys think? I'd love to hear any input you might have be it from the point of fluff, gameplay or actually wip-related.

When would one want to use a flesh wash instead of just basic shading/highlighting?

And how much quality would I be sacrificing if I substituted Army Painter for (along with using in tandem with my existing) Vallejo Game Colors?

Started to paint these before I got the decails.
Got 5 finished.

Here's a picture of the Skaven Plague Monks for anyone who would like an easy comparison.

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Pestilens-Plague-Monks

>puppetswar church
Oh wow, that looks very nice, although it is maybe a bit big for the thing I'm thinking at, although it may add character. I was basically thinking about a was moving imperial chapel built on legs or tracks and half-sentient. So the smaller the actual building the easier it is to convert.

>You could maybe use some of the Sector Imperials parts
Didn't think about that, I'll check it out.

Thanks for your input :)

Thank you. I went back and reread, and they are indeed non-GW pieces for conversion use.

>When would one want to use a flesh wash instead of just basic shading/highlighting?
It's not really an either or decision. You can do both.
Start with the wash and take it from there.

>And how much quality would I be sacrificing if I substituted Army Painter for (along with using in tandem with my existing) Vallejo Game Colors?
None or maybe a tiny bit depending on the colors you replace.
Saying one brand of paint is superior to another entire line is just not right.
That line has good yellows, that one good metals etcpp.
From a brief talk to the guys from my FLGS it sounds like the Warpaints are pretty popular, so I guess they are alright. On their recommendation I picked up the golds from armypainter, haven't used them though.

Same guy from last thread, how's this looking now? I realised I used a pot of Agrax so old it's practically sludge but the effect is alright so far.

Its screaming out for highlights

Looks nice but I think you missed some spots on his bonesword hand and under the carapace shoulder region

All in good time, I still need to clean up the skin.

Thanks for pointing that out! I will fix that up right away.

Which guide is that picture from? Is it in the mediafire?

Working on silver tower, hope it's a good game.

Is this bait?

Question: I want to paint up my Convergence force in a Borg-like color scheme. How do I make a predominantly dark scheme like that pop? The glowy bits will be the typical Borg green, but it seems like it wont be enough, and I don't want them to look bland.

Some nice traitors you got there

Since DX4 technical drones are good now, and they're also coincidentally no longer sold, I'm thinking about eventually building some earth caste builders to stand in. Some guy is apparently way ahead in this regard, and made this.

I already know most of the pieces (necron arms, cut in half drone case, etc), but the piece in the middle eludes me. I feel like I seen it before. It seems to have ridges on the side, a central ridge on top, and a hinge in back. I thought it was a cut down old-style Tau battlesuit thruster, but those are flat in back. and don't have hinges or ridges. Anyone have ideas?

Would you consider basecoat+wash+one highlight to be acceptable for Ork boyz skin? (Like pic related)
Obviously for Nobz and characters you could add more highlights, but for the 30+ boyz you have to paint would that be acceptable you think?

looks a little bit like part of an eldar gun platform

Borg are a mix of pale skin, black rubber, gunmetal grey, and their glowing green, but there was a Borg drone in Voyager that had copper as the basic metal of its mechanical bits rather than iron, so you could try that.

Yes definitely, dont burn yourself out

Do I need to thin washes?

depending on the results you want, yes/no/sometimes.

What results should I expect for thinning them vs not thinning them?

eldar gun platforms look like drones from below. That looks more like an imperial or chaos support of some kind.

What's the best rattlecan white primer you can get?

Keeping true to this generals edition theme:

Veeky Forums, I present Louis, the Lobster.
Say something to him. Don't worry, he doesn't bite.

Shit, forgot pic

Twice, even.

Wtf why isn't this working

Are you okay user? Should I call someone for you?

So according to Duncan, all I need to do for Carcharodons is wash some Nuln into the recesses and paint the face a lighter grey? Like, can I just use a grey primer and call it a day?

>tfw your model is so terribad that not even Veeky Forums wants to see it
>tfw need to upload it three times before it finally works

The head looks really good bro, now you just need to learn how to upload pictures and you're set!

...I also need a better camera...sigh

just lay it on your desk, rearange the light and make your camera study

1/2
rifleman for cygnar

2/2

Can someone explain drybrushing to me. I can never seem to get a perfect coat on ridges. Should I just stick to manual highlights?

How would I go about replicating this gold color? From what I understand Burnished Gold and Shining Gold kind of switched places so I don't know what gold would match closest.

wetbrushing is a meme
>its like drybrushing but the paints wet
paints already wet its a liquid and you apply it like a drybrush. GW have renamed heavy drybrushing to wetbrushing

In honour of the new edition I'm finally starting a proper Imperium army with a mix of Guard, Ministorum and Mechanicus. For the Guard I'm planning to paint mono-colour uniforms, then rough highlights, and then abuse the fuck out of washes, then another set of minimal finer highlights to get about a 2-3 hour turnaround on each guardsman.

Pic is two versions of the prototype guardsmen schemes and to the right is a very old model I painted as a kid, repainted to some degree. Also if you notice the mold lines and clipping marks on the guardsmen I've had them built and primed in a box for about 7 years, finding them and some other miscellaneous Imperium units really turned me onto the idea.

Been working on some ttcombat dungeon tiles and undead hordes to inhabit them for an AoS heroquest session i want to run.

Got these 5 skellies painted up in about 2 hours, Which for me is a new record.

People used to call that overbrushing.
I understand a heavy drybrush to be drybrushing until you have applied more paint than usual.
That is an important distinction to make since the wetness of the paint matters.

Anyway, there is no official committee that decides what to call what technique, so it's not like the evil corporate overlords in GW HQ have any influence what people call it, aside from what they put into their tutorials.

Like who dunk-Roos his downy brother?

I like the color palette on these.
I think the Cadian would benefit from more contrast between fatigues and armor. Maybe go over one of the two with another wash? Or paint a different base color before washing.

Completely monotone is gonna look a bit boring, especially if you got a whole lot of these next to each other.
Unless of course you are gonna add some kind of markings on them. I could see that working.
Just the regular old numbers and regiment badge would do a lot to spice the guy up.

Has anyone ever seen or have a picture of an actually decent Squiggoth/Gargantuan Squiggoth. I want to get some going for my feral Ork army at some point

You mean like the ones Forgeworld sold?

excuse me a scratchbuilt/conversion of one. One that isnt a plastic dinosaur toy

ebay.com/itm/Ork-Supa-Stompa-Warhammer-40k-Reaver-Size-21-x-21-x-12-w-Custom-Gargant-Titan-/371989980870?hash=item569c54a6c6:g:FUwAAOSwuAVWx1SI

>$200

There is a limit to what you should do for scratchbuilds
this hit the limit a long time ago

What I'm not sexy enough for you?

You may not like it, but this is what peak WAAAAAAGGHHH looks like.

>One that isnt a plastic dinosaur toy
so you mean a count as model rather than something that looks like a squiggoth?

Cause a dinosaur toy is the best place to start.
If you want to sculpt a model that big from scratch you are better off looking at the portfolios of professional sculptors, because for hobbyists that is not really viable unless they plan on casting it and selling a garage kit.

Not sure what you are after.

Or maybe the operating words in your first post were 'actually decent', but then it's the same thing. You need the skill to sculpt the head at least, that's not really something you can get around.
Maybe if you build an armored head with some kind of breathing apparatus... Would look odd if the squiggoth was wearing one and the orks surrounding it dont't.

painted some boyz. Are there any good options for cheap drills I can use for the barrels?

It's called a paperclip

And how the fuck is that supposed to work, just try to push a normal paperclip into hard plastic?

Anyone know a good color for dried blood? I'd like to use it to spice up some Weeping Legion death guard.

just like pick your nose until it bleeds or something

Dried blood is just brown. It basically looks like mud.
So use whatever you use to do you mud or rust effects. A Dark brown with a red tint. Rhinox hide for example.

>Are there any good options for cheap drills I can use for the barrels?

You want a pin vise with a handle that turns on one end - the tool in the middle here. The one with collettes on both ends *seems* cool, but that wears off very quickly when the back end starts digging into your hand.

Working on some guys for my D&D campaign. Be gentle; I'm new at this.

i don't like the scheme at all, but very well done.

Alright. I actually went ahead and looked around at my local game store and found an Army Painter pin vice and bit set for $13. Working great so far.

what the fuck, broccoli man is a gorgeous model. what's that from?

just saying if you are poor you can just buy a drill point of the desired size and use it manually. It will be ok for plastic models.(consider i once read an user saying that will fuck your hand up)

>Be user
>Buy Terminators
>Assemble one
>Cover it in wood filler
>Post on Veeky Forums
>Guaranteed replies

Only if you keep it in the drill and turn it on.

Working on my Thousand Sons exalted sorcerers, any suggestions on what paint I should use for a jade green color? I want to color the scarab beetles appropriately.

He's a Reaper bone

>broccoli man is a gorgeous model

He's nutritious.

How's everyone going with making primaris marines match thier current army?

less potato quality photo

I bet they're some really fun guys.

i hate you

I'd get some, but I don't have mushroom on my shelf.

i love those models, your shrooms look like they've seen some shit though