I haven't seen one of these in a while so let's design a town Veeky Forums

I haven't seen one of these in a while so let's design a town Veeky Forums.

To start off we got a small cabin by a river.

Add a bakery run by goblins.

Farm+windmill below the cabin.

Bridge over the river lies on the Nort of the Cabin. A road stretches from west to east over it.

Ok done

You can't have a town without a blacksmith. Put one next to the river.

Nice. Put a couple of houses underneath the west road.

Done and done.

Can't have a town without something to eat. Add a farm.

Houses. Not uh...horses.

Shit I misread that as hourses not houses I'll add some houses as well.

There are several combination water and windmills along the river. The goblin population in town has brought a modicum of invention to this rustic locale.

Blacksmith should be far from everyone else in case of fire.

Horses need a corral. There should be a pier on the river for river traffic.

moved and added

Damn forgot the file.

Needs a market square, maybe next to the houses, and an Inn on the road for weary travelers.

Put a guard/militia house near the blacksmith.

All ready

What do the villagers even do for fun? Add an odeon or a tavern, whichever you think fits better.

Put a big tree above the farm

where is the pub/brothel?

There's an Inn near the main village traveler. Underneath the corral.

here

Add a penis monster lurking in the corner.

We need to have some sort of garbage disposal area. Far away from where people live, yet still accessible. Probably at the far end of the village, on the river, preferably downstream or at least downwind with whatever the prevailing winds are.

There extended the map down a bit.

Dumping it in the river was the traditional way.
Speaking of which, they might want a well, so they're not drinking the town upstreams's shit.

A church with a cemetery on a hill would be nice.

whats a village without a bit of organized religion? add a church.

I need a workshop to build my steam-driven contraptions

A sinkhole opens up

also there's a small lake.

All added might be something sneaking around in the cemetary

updated to add sinkhole

Add a pier near the lake, for fishing and maybe trading.

Ḥ͕̺̪̼̊͒̃̒ͪ̉͐͛ͮ͊̈̑ͨ͒̓̐̕͟E̡̦͓̩̜̐̈́̓͒̌ͯ̈́̇͐̋̓͐ͫ͟͢ ̧̳͉̦͓̗͈̄̇̈͑ͧ́͟C̸̡̡̡̘͖̞̙̼̥͉̪͉̬̻̠͈̪̹͍ͤ̉̀̾ͧ́ͩ̔̇̏ͮ̀̉͡ͅƠ̺̭̹̹̖̝͓̟̼̯̭̱̥̘ͨͭ̆̔ͨ͒̓͛́ͭͧ̑͐̋͡͝ͅM̴̼̩̤͓̗̟̤̙̣ͯ̾̾͗̽͗͛̎͋̌̈ͯ̽̋̌ͪ͟ͅȨ̸͈̺͕͖͖̫̤͙̻̫̂̃̑̆̆͆ͫͯ̓ͣ̂̓̋͌̀Ŝ̶̭͉̠̦̖̯ͦ̓̍̈́ͤ̒ͨ́
̪͉̜̣̠̰̞ͨ̉ͨͨ͆͊͒ͮͬ͌̓̈̒ͦ̇̑̎̕͟

Maybe some dorfs, investigating the sink hole.

How about a stone circle? Something Stonehengey possibly from an ancient group of inhabitants

forgot the forgotten beast

Now that my workshop has been completed, it's time to start my first project; the auto-tree-feller

All added

Two giant stone hands near the lake, pulling the shore apart.

We need to begin the process of industrialization. Let's get an orphanage and an attached factory. Power it with the river. They'll process cotton and spin thread.

I'll help! We can produce many of the machines in my workshop

You might need an auto-tree planter first. There aren't a whole lot of them on the map.

extended the Goblin mill so that the orphans can work and have a place to live

Well we can use it against the beasties that come out of the sinkhole until then.

I've had the idea in my head for a while, and happened to have the materials on hand.

When you've got an idea like that kicking around in your head you've just gotta act on it.

the pub goers found a militia to fight forgotten beasts.

They can rally around the auto-tree-feller

Need another pub next to the southern pier for the weary sailors. Maybe they could help with the fight. They have a ship, right?

of course

Local adventurers, hearing about the forgotten beast should come to help.

Maybe a couple tall pointy elf houses next to the ruins. So they can archeology.

I don't think we want elves moving in, maybe we should vote on it by the main square?

added a light house

more roads to connect to the rest of the buildings

needs some slums. what's a village without the low rent district?

Between the south pier and goblin mill? Should probably have shantys, lodging and mismanaged warehouses.

Elves have moved in and some cultists have showed up to worship the forgotten beast.

So we have a three way or two way battle with Dwarves, a civilian militia and a forgotten beast and it's cult. Cool.

Luckily some dwarf and human warriors, and a warlock showed up to combat the beast.

If this was a quest the thread would have been deleted already.

Time for more boring infrastructure, there ought to be more roads, and houses.
Also, the horses could be used in a cavalry force.

The cult grows and gets some good equipment.

More roads and houses. and the cavalry has shown up to assist the militia. The elves also seem to have attracted some protesters

No jail? No lords Manor? No local healer/witch hut for healing potions?
The fuck kind of town you running

A town that can survive alone.

Where's the mayor, surely he wants to have a house and investigate this disturbance.
And stables near the corral

there a lords manor and a wtich living in the woods on the outskirts of town.

Who's that lone druid living in the forest? Maybe he's a friend of the local elves?

Knowing villages they probably think it's the witches fault any of this is happening. Send a shall militia and have them spook the witch.

The Lord and his knights not sallying forth to slay the monster? What kind of fucking town are you running here?

That's a witch.

Have a fance around the noble's house. Can't have poor people around the lord's manor.

No gypsies camped out on the town outskirts?
The fuck kind of town you running here

Isnt that pretty much the elves?
And I think the witch covers that.

The lord is too busy instigating the elf protests to distract the town from the beast issue.

Who's the purple fella with the elves?

Challenge 'em to a drinking contest at yonder pub, the mayor won the last regional so he'll beat 'em.

Thats the lord the other fellas are not elves they are protesters

I know they are protesters, but the lord's protesting too? In the open?! What could happen if a dirty knife-ear shot him in the face right now?!?

Seeing as the elves are hiding in their two towers, I believe a homage to 9/11 would be better for everyone. Start making a flying ship right by the Blacksmith!

The lords young an naive and his warlock uncle is trying to take his seat, by getting him killed.

We've got such a great town. Screw those douchebags in that other town across the opposite side of the lake! We're way better than them, and they look like dorks

Is the uncle related to the warlock fighting the beast?

Also, send a knight to see what's up in the graveyard.

The warlock is a cutebold?

Maybe, and it seems the knight awakened a few skeletons who were resting, and the cultests are setting up camp possible with more plans.

Fuck.
Can we call in the mayor's liege lord? We have a fell beast, skellingtons, commie knife ears, witches and warlocks, surely that's worth a bit of the duke's attention.

Call the local priest to exorcize the skeletons, and have a small guard of knights protect him.

Also, what happened with the witch?

Seems a traveling entertainer has showed up, the witch seems to be doing something in the forrest can't be good, and a small scouting orc band has showed up near the elves.

The Mayor needs to go to the village and sort the cultists out, the orc scum will clear out the elves and vice versa.

Was about time! Quick, grab all our able-bodied civilians and start building an open showhouse near the pub!

We're gonna earn MILLIONS!

ooh, look! a new mineral deposit!

a Veeky Forums mate wanted me to upload these in order
holy shit this is some high quality autism art

Oooohhh fuck

Send in the zerg militia right now. Flood them with all our soldiers before it's too long.