JumpChain CYOA Thread #1583: Jumpchain/Grand Order Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

AAAAAAAA
STOP TAUNTING ME WITH THE FACT THAT THE ONLY SERVANT I ROLL IS FUCKING FAT SABER.
EVERY ROLL HAS HAD A FAT SABER.

Always choose your waifu, unless you can choose the dragon then always choose the dragon.

What's wrong with that?

Take a look inside your mind. What do you see? Take a look inside your mind and tell me what you see? Do you see bright lights? Or do you imagine total darkness?

>tfw Uncle Vlad's got your back
>but all you really want is the dominatrix vampire queen

Would THE POWER IS JUMPER'S from Marvel Magic interact with Data Drain from Generic Virtual World?

>And more importantly, any powers you claim, by thievery or by being granted them or by making pacts with other beings will be yours. These will integrate into you, becoming as though they were always yours. If you drained the power from another, it would then be /your/ power.

>When it is near dying or in a coup de gras, gain an aspect unique to your opponent into your structure. Only one aspect per opponent, and only one aspect can be used from your catalog. As a plus, these aspects are usually impossible to obtain otherwise. Aspects gained this way neither degrade nor improve.

Jumpers! Tell me about... your ultimate attack!!

Jumpers, how do you do Golconda in the vampire: the masquerade jump?

I cannot even play it because it says my phone is rooted, stop taunting me. Pic related for you.

. . . get XS to write a Ryukusa CYOA.

Caesar is a relatively solid unit who carried me through Septum. His stomach is full of dreams and love, user...let him into your heart. He will never disappoint you.

>pic
That guy is an ass.

Doubt it. The perk doesn't circumvent built-in limits, according to CJ.

Forgot my trip.

All I desire is for Uncle Vlad or sweet sweet Martha.

Would Nero and Caesar get along?

He is the hero jumpchain deserves but not the one it needs right now.

They do in Fate/Grand Order. Caesar I think from what I remember acknowledges Nero as a good ruler and thinks she's aesthetically pretty.

Play Septem.

Fantastic beasts is a wonderful thing. And - Eh, what the hell, lets just keep calling her tom - she's actually a daughteru.

>Midwife
>It's a girl! What will you name her?
>Merope
>Tom, after my husband.
>Midwife
>Um, it's a girl?
>Merope is dead and cannot respond

Her adoption consisted of me taking her out to an expensive restaurant, telling her we were coming back in a week, that I wasn't paying for the second meal, and that she had until then to gather enough money, blackmail, or anything else she could find to not pay for it either.

Basically, Moriarty.

How I can freeze someone age ?

F/GO Jump is out?

Sadly, no. Not yet.

I see only darkness before me.

>Generic Xianxia
>Companions may not spend their CP on Companions of their own, nor may they use their CP to purchase perks that would come with Companions, such as Xianxia Protagonist.

But Companions don't get companions anyway, so I see no problem whatsoever with a Companion buying Xianxia Protag. Just means they won't get A Faithful Beast or A Mythic Friend.

Anybody else seeing the problem I'm not seeing?

The jumpmaker wasn't used to handling companions so he put in language in order to block out what he saw as a potential exploit.

tack?

I can't get any 4 stars, my life is suffering.

>The jumpmaker wasn't used to people not trying to abuse everything because the maker didn't include a specific clause that said you couldn't.
FTFY.

... Wait hold up. So. He was against a potential multiple-Companion-exploit. Yet he was fine with infinite time?

Makes no sense to me, but alright. I'll just go ahead and load up a few companions, make them Immortal Heroes, and badaboom we're good to go.

Other than the Saber Lily who I'm told has 3 star stats regardless, all I've pulled is Chevalier d'Eon who sucks apparently.

>Chevalier d'Eon

Shame really. S/he's a damn cutie, but not good elsewhere.

And yeah, Saber Lily's a collectable and little else.

But infinite time is something that's easy to grasp. Multiple companions is something very few jumpmakers are comfortable handling, and most jumpmakers don't like to do anything with companions at all other than the copy paste import option.

D'eon needs a specialized defensive team that can make use of his strange abilities. If you don't have the right 5* cards to boost her, he's basically dead weight because she doesn't have that much offensive strength and really lacks strong sustain. She's not unusable, but definitely only a niche option at best.

>and most jumpmakers don't like to do anything with companions at all other than the copy paste import option.

... Now THAT shit's odd given how popular a topic and idea Companions are here.

Specialized imports ala something like FF8 don't seem to get many takers so there's no point in the complexity and writing up special companions for purchase takes a lot of extra work.

I did try something like that involving Companions with a perk in Sailor Moon but that would have excluded jumpers who don't do Companions

So long as it's not an Origin-discounted perk I don't see the big deal. Wot was the perk in particular?

Well the one jumpmaker known for using peculiar companion options left, and people never really paid much attention to it even when he was around, so the interest in companions isn't the same as an interest in companion options.

It was an origin-discounted perk and it was a Capstone that let your Active Companions give their power to you in a temporary powerful form.

Although I fixed the perk to work some other way--I forgot which though.

Huh. Yeah that might've worked as an Undiscounted, but still seems pretty fine.

Oh well. What's done is done, and at least ya know for the future.

I'm pretty sure that's already been done before elsewhere

...So? It was fitting. Not every single perk out there is original or unique, just worded to appear that way. Nothing in fiction is ever truly original.

In the Fate Servant Supplement, is the ability to bypass Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig dependent on the Fate Divinity skill or just divinity in general?

The point was that even if you did include it, it wouldn't have a problem since there's already precedent.

That's more an effect of the Divinity Skill than ust some generic "divinity". It has something of a defense-bypassing property in Fate.

Ah, that makes sense. Apologies. Still, it would have excluded jumpers who didn't have a companion and it was fitting for the Senshi origin. I just reworded it so that people you had a close bond with could give you their powers temporarily.

Any divinity would count.

Not really.It bypasses certain defences because your divine, it doesn't have special properties that demigods or gods would not have.

>get the battlemoon from Dahak
>import to Kancolle
How long until she eats all of Japan's food supply?

Quick what jumps let me find Gordon Ramsey so I can kidnap pod him and let him experiment with exotic otherworldy cooking ingredients?

>, it doesn't have special properties that demigods or gods would not have.
Yes, it does.

That's why it "bypasses certain defences". This is explicitly noted, and it's in itself not a property of divinity in other settings.

I'd be more worried about what she had to fight in Kancolle to get that hungry.

Any jumps that take place in the 'real world' or an equivalent. 9-to-5, Generics, that kinda thing.

That's pretty dumb senpai. Most forms of magic are seriously different, does magical defences in one place not work on magic from another if they aren't exactly the same? The skill is weak to divinities, so divinities in other places can bypass it too.

Why would she ever feel hungry? The whole thing about Kamatsu's being hungry is a fuel thing. The 'battlemoon' basically fully supports itself.

Well the obvious pick would be the Three Star Gauntlet, which despite its name has an option to be played like a regular jump. It's in the Gauntlets folder.

I don't know, a battlemoon's "core tap" extradimensional energy siphon doesn't function well in a planetary environment, something about spacetime curvature that close to an Earth-sized mass. She'd be stuck on backup fusion power, so by comparison she'd be very hungry. Still able to bring to bear enough power to scour continents, but I can imagine her panicking at first and eating everything she can get her hands on. Or drinking all the water she can, if she retains her wits, to get at that sweet, sweet deuterium.

It doesn't matter. Divinity in Fate carries a special property that affects certain defenses, and Divinity in Fate is a very specific thing. No, I wouldn't just throw out a blanket statement that any random magic defense works against any type of magic, for that matter. Just because one trait of a person shares a name with a similar trait from another setting doesn't mean they're the same thing. Then you get fucking retarded shit like, "What counts as 'divinity'?". And the definition is so goddamn broad if you don't restrict it to the Fate definition that almost anything can be argued as "divinity". Why just ignore the rules of the setting, when they're already lain out? Especially when there are entities in the setting who use divine/holy energies which don't affect these Skills.

So you'd also believe that being a Divinity in Fate would not count for anything that required such in other settings?

Not that user, but I imagine it would depend on what the thing that required divinity was. What example are you thinking of?

Yes, I would, because gods often rely on very specific metaphysics. I wouldn't say that being a god from GoW or Spice and Wolf would allow a jumper to bypass those Skills either, any more than an they'd be able to use any random "mana" to attune to an Artifact that needed Essence.

Okay. user. The 'defence bypassing' thing is something you're misunderstanding. You're looking at it entirely wrong. You're seeing it as something that Divinity has primarily, rather then the opposite, that certain skills have a weakness to divinity.

It's a minor wording that makes a big difference. If it's your way, then Divinity Skill is a very specific ability that lets you bypass certain defences. If it's the other way, certain defences have a weakness to divine beings, the Divinity skill being nothing but a marker for being divine.

It's a two-way street, user. It's both. Those skills have a weakness to Fate-style Divinity, which also carries the property of bypassing and lowering certain defenses.

I'm having lots of fun with it ever since it hit apkpure.

Speaking of which, uh, delays on the following jumps: all of them.

On the other hand, Mash is the cutest mash.

For fuck's sake just blow them up with your noble phantasm

Works more reliably than this skill bullshit

including sunless sea dlc I take it. For fuck's sake, it's been literal years

Any superhero jumps that would give me access to the speedforce or something similar?

The Divinity stat in Nasu is given to demi-gods and saints, people associated with, partially, or empowered by gods, It's not some special magic skill indicative of nothing. Gilbamesh's Divinity stat drops because he rejects his own demi-god status out of loathing for gods.

Arrowverse, my boy.

I want her to cook me potatoes.

Speaking of, if we try and summon Quetzalcoatl in any Fate jump that doesn't allow actual gods, would we just get the ex-goddess version of her, Lucoa?

Thank you.

As far as gods though, you can get shards/pieces of gods in the GO and Extra games.

Anyone ever wonder if they've stopped being an individual and instead a collection of perks?

I mostly walk around with them suppressed because otherwise things get boring, so I guess that helps avoid such a fate.

I wasn't worth considering an individual to begin with.

Better the perks.

What's the base size for the Light of Terra? I looked through the jump and I can't find it's base length and width and height.

Something like 16-36 km, basically from small to large for a Gloriana class.

Are there any perks that let you erase a soul's memories and/or karma?

Are there any perks that would give you insight into how ordinary people will react to whatever 'upgrades' I give them?
I'd like to teach people the Hercules Method without them going total edgelord, among other things.

in this case the hercules method you get from the jump already prevents people from going edgelord.

i guess the rest is just teaching and charisma perks.

Not him, but that's not really the same thing at all. Jumper has fiat-backing. Other people don't. No, anti-malware that works by cutting you off from the Winds of Magic should not prevent you from calling on magic from Harry Potter or Dresden. That'd just be silly.

Quoting whoever's talking about this stuff, too tired to go through it all

As I've said ever since I put out Fate Extra years ago, divine stuff from other jumps counts as effective Divinity ranks for the purposes of stuff like ignoring Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. If you disagree with the specifics, think of it as just fiat keeping things constant across jumps, the same reason you get to use Fate magic in other worlds.

Not quite what you're looking for, but I believe Captain Planet actually has a perk that lets you look for certain qualities in people, so you could limit your teaching to people who aren't likely to go mad with power. There are similar perks elsewhere that let you screen people or see what their potential would be ahead of time, but nothing as far as I know that lets you know exactly how any given person will react after getting their powers. I guess after a certain point you're just going to have to go for trial and error.

On the plus side, this totally means you can do the old kung-fu movie note about having a promising young student turn evil. If you play your cards right, they might even call you "old man" when they inevitably attempt to surpass you!

Yes. This chain, I avoid perks that affect my personality, and don't benefit from perks that affect my charisma. I'm always just me with power.

I just took that perk in Darkstalkers that lets you eat weird stuff and set it to "sin". It was part of my backstory as a demon that I was bound/forced to eat the sins of very bad people, so most of the jump was spent on hunting them down to get them punishment on earth instead of in the afterlife.

okay, now how do you make that bigger, besides importing it as an experimental ACU in SupCom?

Dr Brackman, is that you?

There is literally nothing wrong with being a collection of perks.

Memories? Dissidia has Memory of Light & Waves

Karma's trickier. You could try your luck with having Job Offer (Dresden Files), the capstone boosted Team Player and that one item buff that also improves bargain outcomes (MCU 2) or By The Hoary Fucking Hosts (Marvel Magic) and try to track down Velka in Dark Souls, to figure out how she does what she does to make covenants stop coming after you. If you get Enlightenment (Journey to the West) and have a way of talking to the soul, maybe you could share your enlightenment with the soul? If you/your Servant has an association with Buddhism, one of the weirder Noble Phantasms might be able to do that.

Sorta-the Science of Evolution from EVO can become a starting point to see how ideas and technologies evolve too. Karmatron Dynamics (GUNNM) behaves very similarly.

Sorta both? Mostly a lattice of crystalline light and geometry, a pandimensional supercollider that processes imaginary numbers and runic algorithms. But here and there-where my thoughts dwell on the void, humaniy, the nature of evil and similar things there are black flame dirac seas, suspended in frozen lightning. Looking inside my minds isn't a good idea though, they tend to explode if I think too-

-oops.

By realising it's not a good idea to put faith in ancient vampire campfire stories, and either making the best of your condition or relying on something other than superstition to cure it.

Pic...related?

Because I'll have you know, I am not above spending the entire fight opening portals right before I get hit or shot. Until my assailants get tired and go home.

I used a wrench. Other things, too, but the wrench was in there.

Alright, fine with me.

May I ask what counts as "divine", though? Something like the gods from The Gods are Bastards? MCU Asgardians? Cthulhu? Donald Trump? Exalts from Exalted? Little Gods from Exalted? Living Saints from 40k?

Aight, thanks.

What about those other things

Seems fairly obvious. Stuff similar to what is in Fate. Gods (Actual ones, not guys that call themselves such, so yes to stuff like Greek Gods, probably not to stuff like Lord of Light?), demigods, saints, those strongly associated/empowered by gods. If they're called Gods and seem to fit the definition of divine beings or have close relations/get powers from such beings, they probably fit.

So in order. I don't know what The Gods are Bastard is, Asgardians are pretty explicitly aliens in that one (Though the ones in Norse myth or comics probably count). Cthulhu would count, Trump makes me think you're just shitposting, I don't know why Exalts are even mentioned, Little Gods obviously would, Living Saints would too.

There was a rivet gun, a lot of different metal plates, some wires, a fusion reactor of some sort, and it was before the MCU part 2, but I probably would have thrown on other buildings if I had the hydra base blueprints.

It was a busy time.

...any perks, at all?

Exalts have god-empowered magitech bolted onto their soul, so I'm guessing he's wondering if there's enough degrees of separation for their powers to not count.

Oh, that bit. Not sure. I'd leave it up to the individual on that count, seems far enough to either have no effective ranks in divinity or just have low ranks.

Wait... Cthulhu and even the God Emperor himself are just a sufficiently powerful alien/psychic respectively. So, is what matters not that they call themselves gods/divine, but that other people do?

There's further complication in that Exalts can be worshiped like gods and empowered by it.

Emps is one death away from converting into a Chaos God, he's a powerful warp entity and his soul bears a resemblance to the Chaos Gods after a fashion.