Just read the Crimson King and it made scratch my head

Just read the Crimson King and it made scratch my head.

The Space Wolves summoned powers that were more than match for the Thousand Sons sorcery. Powerful icy winds smashed into the Thousands Sons sending their reeling. Spiritual wolves leapt at the Thousand Sons tearing their warp shields and savaging them.

Its said that this power comes from Fenris and from within those who are connected to the planet. It's a an awesome power that rivals anything that the Thousand Sons can marshal, and its a power that the Thousand Sons will never understand or harness.

So my questions is...what exactly is the power of Fenris? The people of Fenris believe that this power is divorced from the corruption that is the Warp, that it's a primal and pure power from resonates from Fenris's world soul which happens to be manifest in the form of a giant wolf. Is it true? Is there more worlds like Fenris or is Fenris unique?

Yes it is 100% true. we don't know if it's unique or not. It's never even been brought up again.

As far as we know it's unique, and really bizarre. We have no idea where it comes from in a broader sense, or how, or really why. I mean it's neat and all but makes zero sense in context of what lore there is for the Warp and related things. I mean maybe it means that all chaos worshipers and the Imperium are actually retarded, and just believing that your warp power of choice is actually pure and good will make it so

the yiffs are closet heretics who are tainted by the warp

>The heavens above Fenris glittered and burned as the works of Magnus unfolded. Blazing debris rained from the sky, the wreckage of once-proud craft destroyed by treachery and tragic misunderstanding. Silver Towers hovered in low orbit, their bombardments of kaleidoscopic energy ripping apart any Imperial craft that dared to engage. The shimmering auroras that filled the night sky wavered and took form, becoming great zodiacal legends that rippled and writhed in the stratosphere. To the tribesmen of Fenris, the burning serpent of the Thousand Sons looked vast enough to consume the stars, and with each night it had grown larger. But it was not alone – with the warrior spirit of Fenris fanned to a blaze by Magnus’ invasion, the World Wolf had appeared in spirit form. The people of Fenris experienced a fierce rapture as the celestial beast ripped and tore great streaming nebulas of aether-essence from its serpentine foe. It was a battle of the most surreal and inhuman scale, for each blow took an entire night to land. To the seers and shamans of Fenris, however, it was a sure sign that the immortal spirit of the planet was bloodied but unbowed.

The World Spirit Wolf (WSW) is not of the Warp/Chaos. It hates and fights against the corruption of Chaos. This makes the woofs the purest faction in the Imperium.

WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLFWOLF.
WOOF WOLF WOOF YIFF WOOF WOLF.

>Ywn watch Warp Jormungur fight Spirit a Spirit Fenris over your planet

This is the most stale joke.

Yiffs are daemon-worshipping heretics, news at 11

>what exactly is the power of Fenris?

In order to defeat 「KING CRIMSON」they used their Stand, 「HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF」

Its unexplained because there's no way in-universe it can actually work or be justified. Truthfully its just GW Space Wolves bais showing through. Some of the authors and writers namely Phil Kelly cant keep their bais out of their works so you get Wrath of Magnus with it mostly being a SW wankfest.

Their are no 'powers' that dont come from the warp. If anything the most likely explanation is that the SW are using sorcery from a 'Daemon' unaligned to the big 4. This Daemon is formed from the collective beliefs of the people of Fenris. This is possible however normally the big 4 destroy any rivals in the warp. I'm expecting this and Celestine to be tied together and explained by the Emperor creating change within the warp with the Imperial beliefs causing the creation of a new god.

Either way Crimson King is an awful book that shamelessly rips of French's earlier work. Almost every single TS character is from his novels and it covers the exact same 'collect the shards' plot line. Except French's novels happen after this so we know that Magnus gets broken again making it all a huge shitshow.

>Their are no 'powers' that dont come from the warp.

Hivemind.
Waaagh!
C'tan
Ethereals

>Hivemind.
>Waaagh!
Warp.

>C'tan
>Ethereals
Not powers?

>So my questions is...what exactly is the power of Fenris?
Beast Wind Sorcery.

You know what really grinds my fucking gears?

It's the Ahriman trilogy all over again, except done much more clumsily AND IN ONE BOOK.

So what, does Magnus do this often? Does he usually go "That was fun, guys - Gonna get sharded now. Wheeeeee!!!" and fucks off?

Did Graham McNeil not realize someone had written an entire trilogy about this?

>Mfw Space Yiffs and any loyalist factions in general will never stop being jerked off by BL authors

See, originally SW librarian-equivalents (rune priests) were followers of shamanistic Fenrisian faith and believed that their powers came from the spirits of Fenris. There was no fluff supporting this claim, and it was probably just superstition (although their use of runes to channel their powers, like Eldar do, might make rune priests a little safer than regular psykers). Then SW fanboys got in charge of writing, turned the Wolves from viking-marines with wolf-themed names to "Wolf mcWolfsson armed with wolfblade and wolfclaws riding a giant wolf" who do everything better than regular marines because they stick "wolf" or "frost" in front of all their wargear, and made the "spirits of Fenris" explanation into a canonical fact so the Wolves could also be super powerful psykers who are still totally pure because unlike every other psyker they don't actually use the Warp.

>...what exactly is the power of Fenris?

It's just a minor Warp god.

All psychic shit in 40K comes from the Warp, whether they believe it or not. Not all Warp entities are Chaos entities, the Chaos Gods are just the biggest around.

>Then the SW fanboys got in charge of writing....

The worst thing to happen to the Space Wolves honestly. Why couldn't my favorite faction get competent writers instead of fuckboys who have the same creative capacity as an autistic 5th grader?

>unlike every other psyker they don't actually use the Warp.

Pretty sure they do. They're just not using the raw, unfiltered power of the Warp. They're using Beast Wind Sorcery, like the Mages from Warhammer Fantasy do.

As this is all from the perspective of tribesmen, it's hard to classify it as some sort of warp spirit. If the attacks of the Thousand Sons looks like some sort of serpent then it could just be another fleet engaging them, seen as a huge wolf by the tribesmen because they can't comprehend a massive star battle. It's just the author being metaphorical.

Hello phoneposter

And to answer your question, don't think about it.

Space Wolves are fucking dumb.
Their homeworld is dumb.
Their units are dumb.
Their lore is dumb.
They're literally a chapter powered by dumbness.

Stop trying to make sense of something that has none.

hi Maggie

>being THIS mad that your favorite faction got dunked On by The Wolves at some point

Check your grammar you fucking phoneposter. First you faggots shit up /wip/ with your sideways 4000 × 2000 pictures, and now you're making shitty OPs that are typed at a first grade level.

>All psychic shit in 40K comes from the Warp, whether they believe it or not. Not all Warp entities are Chaos entities, the Chaos Gods are just the biggest around.
This.

> REEEEEEEEE PHONEPOSTER
are you serious... I am pretty sure most people phone post.

IT'S THE WARP SPIRIT OF FENRIS

READ THE FLUFF

IT'S VERY COMMONPLACE FOR PLANETS TO HAVE A WARP SPIRIT

SOMETIMES THEY'RE SENTIENT

and you're pretty wrong

Well if Ynnead is "totally no Slaneesh" then there might be non corrupting powers in the warp.

When space wolf writing gets better it will stop lending itself to retarded wolf jokes.

Thetr used to be non daemonic entities in the warp in the old lore and in the Gaunt novels they get to know one I believe.

>the Gayngles are closet heretics who are tainted by the warp
FTFY

The quality of posts on this site has degraded severely since the number of phoneshitters started increasing. They need to be held to a higher standard or the site will become a train wreck. This is a place of discussion that you must be a legal adult to access. If you cannot adequately communicate with adult grammar, you are either a child or illiterate, meaning you have no business being on this site.

Yeah, I'm a SW player but even then that's way too much, nobody want literal hell to be unleashed if it can be prevented.

>So my questions is...what exactly is the power of Fenris? The people of Fenris believe that this power is divorced from the corruption that is the Warp, that it's a primal and pure power from resonates from Fenris's world soul which happens to be manifest in the form of a giant wolf. Is it true? Is there more worlds like Fenris or is Fenris unique?
Some people think its an Eldar Maiden World and the Wolves are connected to its spirit or whatever its called.

Magnus was said to be draining the soul of Fenris to fuel his ritual.

>The Tyranids do not draw upon the Warp in any fathomable way

t.nid codex

The first Rubric shattered him again.

He failed, but then he used the death of Midgaria to do his ritual anyways

It's Warp-related, not Chaos and predates the Emperor's arrival, so it's obviously weaponized Enuncia left over from the Old Ones who used the uncorrupted Warp during the War In Heaven.

That's nonsense. Planets don't have souls.

>People worship a planet
>Planet gets a soul

>what is a Maiden World?

Get over yourself man.

>Waaagh!
>From the warp

Are you high on squig juice?

It's from the Warp. It's the collective Ork minds reflection in the Warp. Psykers can see it as greenwave in the Warp.

Work on your grammar, man.

Fenris is an old hiveship, fenrisians are an old form of genestealer, krakens are deepsea Nids, the hive woke up and defended itself.

>this is a place of discussion

Haha no. This site hasn't been a place of discussion since at least the mid 2000s

I purposely don't just to trigger people like you.

>I was merely pretending to be a fool!

nerds btfo
chaosfags on suicide watch

>Literally SEETHING
It's fiction for a game about pushing little army men around. Get some perspective in your lives.

But then wouldn't Lorgar be like super space jesus

>mfw the only interactions my boys had with the yiffs ended up with a whole lot of slaughtered yiffs and zero repercussions

He would, which is why doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

oh shiiiit my nigga, I didnt expected that. Why we never talk about THEM?

I mean, the Legion of the Damned are Emperor-Aligned Daemons, right?

Presumably the level of yiff the Space Wolves generate is powerful enough to produce it's own warp-energy as well. That's how they know it's pure; Pure Woof-Woof Juice.

As if you were even born then.

>Using the word triggered to try and draw parallels between a purposeful over reaction and a reasonable disgust at people who are either too young to browse a site meant for adults or too stupid.
Don't even pretend as if your inability to spell or use punctuation is intentional, no one is dumb enough to buy that. Have your mom enroll you in summer school, because you getting up to a second grade English level is more important than Warhammer.

Guaranteed replies.

Thanks guys.

An unfortunate side-effect of the way lore works at companies like GW. The person who ends up writing a particular thing is the person who was most willing to do it - not necessarily the person who'd do the best job. It's the same reason that the Horus Heresy has slowly devolved into a punching bag for daddy issues. (Off-topic, it also makes the think of WoW's latest expansion, where they make players spend hours doing side-quests to learn Illidan was actually a perfect Mary Sue who did nothing wrong - as a friend pointed out, the person who worked on it was probably a teenager when WC3 came out, and thought Edgy Lil Illidan was the best character ever and never grew out of that.)

>pure woof woof juice

dat sounds lewd

Waaagh is definitely warp. The effects are different because it's collective single minded autism of the orks just punching through other shit.

I was a teenager when WC3 came out and always enjoyed Illidan's character and story, and disliked his treatment in WoW. However, I always more or less understood his faults and flaws. That sounds like utter butchery and makes me even sadder for the Warcraft universe's state of being.

There are some non corrupting powers in the warp indeed, so called benign presences.
The Eldar gods are among them, but the obvious choice for Humanity is Big E himself, and his "demons" the LotD.

The warp comes directly from human minds and emotions. It is no surprise that the manifestation of a spell a psyker casts should bear some resemblance to his deeply held personal superstitions.

Or that some daemons born from the warp should have some resemblance to those superstitions as well. Although it is important to note that such daemons may not necessarily act in good and noble ways even the primitive beliefs suggest they should as the daemons may also be mixed in with darker impulses and emotions.

The Ratskins of Necromunda have shamanic practices that are effective. Their Shamans explicitly aren't psykers, don't suffer the effects of warp corruption, and their beliefs seem to directly protect them from the hazards of life in the Underhive, so Fenrisian magic isn't a unique phenomenon.
Admittedly, Ratskin magic isn't super impressive, it's mostly stuff like sensing danger, misdirecting enemies, spirit-walking and occasionally summoning giant horrible rat mutants and spider-gods.

Things can be minor warp deities. Warp =/= bad necessarily. It's all about how people are feeling and what's happening.

There's near-unending war, anger, and violence in the galaxy at a constant, massive scale, so Khorne is powerful. His will is chaotic, unfocused rage--because that's how the galaxy is right now.

There's people looking for answers amid all this, as well as dark plots and treachery. This feeds Tzeentch and twists him into the deceiver he is.

Plague, famine, and disease are rampant in the awful conditions that exist on most worlds. Nurgle gains strength from the emotions of despair--but also hope. He is a strangely happy god, because of the way people think about death, sickness, and dying.

Slaanesh is the weakest god because heights of pleasure and excess are pretty hard to find. But she is fed by proxy from the other elements at play in the Warp, and by consuming the Eldar (really a residual effect of their massive orgy in the 29,000s).

But there are minor entities in the warp all over the place. The people of Fenris worship the planet's spirit, perhaps even with psychic amplification from their rituals--creating and feeding a psychic reflection of their beliefs in the Warp.

So it IS a warp creature. Just a good one. One that is connected to Fenris and the Fenrisians.

>what exactly is the power of Fenris?
Plot armour and DM fait.

That's a better explanation.
A world spirit that has been co-opted by human worship

>space wolves stuck with shitty writing done by fanboys

Blood Angels player, can't relate

That's rich coming from one of the few actually angry people in this thread. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Effectively speaking, the Warp, AKA the realm of souls in endless panic attack mode running amok with the overpopulated conflicting thoughts of the material realm made manifest, amplified many times over is some kind of all-purpose fantasy world "outer plane" mismashed into one clusterfuck run by Deities who have reached overdeity status and power by sheer power of faith alone drawn from concepts that represent facets of the natural order. When they popped up, pretty much everything in the place went to shit, but they've not covered everything entirely, as there are some areas that completely miss their notice in their controlled and corrupted immaterial domains.

If I had to explain it, it probably has something to do with the fact that Fenris is pretty much a death world that has consumed everything on it till mankind came along to live amongst it's brutality and Succeed, seeing as this is a planet that survived a minor Tyranid probe, leaving behind new wildlife as a result.

For lack of better explanation, Fenris is a world so hardcore, every facet of immaterial interaction of it has generated some kind of personal view of an uncaring sense of the natural order that the limitless deaths caused there has more or less generated a power that represents endurance, but it may just have something to do with the fossilized Tyranids, or some nod towards the like of Lovecraftian powers, as there is a minor theory that H.P Lovecrafts works were involved in 40k in the idea that that the warp is actually made up of what is considered by it's standards lesser souls, so anything beyond it's capacity to process comes up as blank, and the Tyranids are a collective species sent by something much, much worse, as a result of it's passing close to the galaxy or interest in the local reality that burrows it's way through to another (Fantasy). I'd not find myself shocked at the idea that powers outside what is categorized as products of the warp post the War in Heaven.

It is warp you fukin yiff mongrel, you and your furry sluts are bunch of mutants(no wolves of fenris) and now bunch of fukin Sorccerors.
You are as pure as Dark Angels.

neat

It's the Warp, just like those imperial angels and the Legion of the Damned.