Childhood is trying to RP an edgy "grey morality" anti-hero

Childhood is trying to RP an edgy "grey morality" anti-hero.

Adulthood is realizing that RPing a cheesy, goody two shoes champion of justice makes more sense.

there is a place for both, provided you play them as people instead of stereotypes

a lot of the joy comes from them playing off each other, and seeing the two personalities clash, but seeing them work together when its time to buckle down

Do you always have to RP the same character?

Who cares what makes sense, do whats fun and interesting.

But cheesy, goody two shoes champions of justice heroes are made to entertain children

Childhood is playing the hero. Adolescence is playing the edgy "grey" anti-hero. Adulthood is doing both on occasion, but with intelligence and nuance.

>not playing a character who starts out as a cheesy, goody two shoes champion of justice, then becomes an edgy "grey morality" anti-hero as the result of exposure to the cruelty and unfairness of the world, before finally realizing that there is good in the world if we make it and becoming a wiser, slightly tarnished champion of hope and warmth

Chhildhood - RP a True Neutral mage

Adulthood - RP a True Neutral mage

Whatever the hell you need to tell yourself, you sad fuck.

Unadulterated faggotry is starting shit threads like these.

Childhood- Is playing the good guys because the good guys are the most powerful and they always win
Teenagehood- Is playing the edgy grey morality anti hero because those are "free" and misterious, and that's cool
Adulthood- Is playing the champion of justice even though you're still going to die without accomplishing shit but the important is the sacrifice for those in need

Man I want to play a lawful good generic paladin, but every roll20 gm thinks that's generic and won't select me (-_-)

This is completely biased and pretty idiotic to make this claim.
I do grey morality, I do mary sues, I do common tropes, I do weird shit, as a GM and as a player.
It's all about the context, the players, the mindset and the setting.

Pic unrelated

>I want to play generic
>they think it's generic

What could they possibly mean by this?

Transcendence is realising that it doesn't matter what you play, and that each archetype has its time and place, so long as you and the others involved have fun.

But true maturity is playing someone tho strives to be the good one but has his failings.
Or someone who believes himself to be good one even though he really isn't
there are plenty of choices other than edgy "nuffin personel, kid" antihero and cardboard cutout paladin.

>make posts praising LG with image from non LG character

How retarded can you be?

one of them is naive, the other immature.

One would think the Agency frowns on such flagrance.

I mean they dont want it because its generic

true adulthood is making a goody two shoes character and forcing them to deal with philosophical questions and tough choices, thus proving all morality grey.
pic unrelated just something more people should put in there dungeons

>That picture
Fuck you in particular

yeah in hindsight I should have probably spoilered that

Childhood is creating shitty backstory and stereotypical character with one or two line up

Aldulthood is about true RP, and developping true interactions with interesting players/npc

(at least, that what happened to me)

Also, childhood is dark and edgy setting (dark D&D, Dark Heresy...) while adulthood is way more opened (with also "realistic" setting like Call of Cthulhu)

Adulthood is playing a slutty femboi elf and masturbating at the table while your GM describes you being gangraped by futa orc amazons

This
Except not an elf

>This
>Except not an elf
and not orcs
and not playing

>ywn get gangbanged by large women with strapons at the gaming table

no
childhood is writing like 4 pages of backstory because the GM needs to know the exact details of the battle that your parents died in and myriad other irrelevant shit

And playing make-believe with little figures on a table isn't?

>he plays games that need miniatures

Oh sweetie, this isn't the 80s anymore.

Shitty backstory involved this kind of bullshit (because even if it was long, it was still bad).

Maturity is understanding #FEFEFE is still better than #010101, even if they're both shades of gray.

>I do mary sues, I do common tropes
So then you're a bad writer and your games are bad then lol

Different user, but why? It's just a bug, and a good monster to include in a campaign. Not even any gore in the pic

Y'all niggas need Jesus

I like playing a John Doe everyman.

Do you honestly think he can save anyone here?

>Childhood is trying to RP an edgy "grey morality" anti-hero.
>Manchildhood is realizing that RPing a cheesy, goody two shoes champion of justice makes more sense.
ftfy

Adulthood is a myth and everyone is doomed.