So how are Terran Marines compared to Space Marines...

So how are Terran Marines compared to Space Marines? Considering the former are the backbone of all Terran factions' armies while the latter are the super-elite spec-ops forces of the IoM, of course.

Also, how would Protoss fare compared with 40k's factions? Maybe compared to the Tau, since their civilizations are probably similar in numbers?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Auretian_Technocracy
youtube.com/watch?v=g1-FmQU9HUg
youtube.com/watch?v=UzJ-1wBJ4wM
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Chambers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Terran Marines compared to Astartes
They're not. They are incapable of holding a candle to the Astartes.

>How do the Protoss fare?
Poorly.

Terran marines are basically Imperial Guardsmen with power armor and combat drugs.

Terran marines are essentially sisters of battle, which makes them decent but not amazing.

>"rehabilitated" criminals, loonies, and otherwise desperate people in exoskeletons that allow them to last about a minute against their enemies
>superhumans with decades of training, experience, and the best equipment a galaxy-spanning empire can give them
Sounds like a pretty huge gap in capabilities to me.

In game? Fucking OP. A group of between ten to thirty terran marines with combat drugs can take down a carrier in a matter of seconds with nothing but their machine rifles.

In fluff? Space marines are stronger, smarter, faster, tougher, etc, etc.
Space marines have way better power armor, guns, ad especially close combat capabilities, and the means to reach CC. A starcraft marine is essentially a guardsman with a fancy suit of armor and a gun thats probably slightly better than a lasgun, if even. Logistically speaking though, lasguns are waaay better. They also don't really have any psycho/fear conditioning, which makes them far more prone to morale than normal marines (unless you count pumping your brain with so many combat drugs that you can't even think straight anymore and become a permanent autist as conditioning). Akin to guardsmen.

Techno-barbarian penal conscripts. Worse than space marines, but significantly more numerous.

A more interesting comparison would be temple assassins against terran ghosts, since they're basically the same thing.

Terran marines aren't superhumans like Astartes, but they're still soldiers on mega-steroids with cybernetic implants clad in power armour.
And unlike Astartes, they can afford to take losses in the billions during a campaign, despite Terran space being hilariously small compared to IoM's extension.
They're the local equivalent of Guardsmen, with the exception that they are pumped up, cyber-augmented, in power armour, and armed with rifles with bigger caliber than bolters, that fire penetrating rounds at hypersonic speed and with a rate of fire of 30 rounds per second. And unlike bolters that have magazines of a few dozen rounds, these have a few thousands.

Their rifles don't fire bigger calibers than marines. Bolts are self propelled miniature rockets. Terrans use good old solid metal urianum rounds.
Also don't forget that most of the common run of the mill humanity is augmented genetically over he hundreds of thousands of years since the Dark age of tech.

>Protoss
>My life for Aiur! Blood for the blood god!

>Their rifles don't fire bigger calibers than marines. Bolts are self propelled miniature rockets. Terrans use good old solid metal urianum rounds.
I don't see the correlation between these two sentences. And while the second is undoubtedly true, the first is wrong. Bolter rounds are 7,5 mm, Gauss rifle rounds are 8 mm. Not much of a difference, sure, but they're still bigger, with greater rate of fire and hilariously larger magazines.
And a burst from a Terran gauss rifle would tear an Astartes in two.

>Also don't forget that most of the common run of the mill humanity is augmented genetically over he hundreds of thousands of years since the Dark age of tech.
Are you saying that the average run of the mill guardsman is more augmented than a Terran marine?

>Terran Marine: BS +4 WS +5 T4 S4 LD 7 Sv 4+
>Gun is between lasgun and bolter. Fires bigass spikes, clearly superior to a lasgun/autogun but not a full auto rocket launcher like a bolter.

The Protoss might be a good match for the Tau, but they are the underdog in space, despite being the most powerful SC faction on space.

>And a burst from a Terran gauss rifle would tear an Astartes in two.
I honestly can't tell if this is A grade trolling or utter retardation.

Bolter rounds aren't 7.5mm. They are 0.75 caliber, or 0.75 inches. That is 19.05mm.

>A weapon that fires 8mm penetrating rounds at hypersonic speed at 30 rounds per second can't kill my super special magic space supermachos

Larger caliber =/= more powerful. By that logic modern militaries should still use muskets.

Also bolter rounds are more like small grenades than bullets.

When did this
>can take direct hits from tank shells
>pretty much immune to small arms fire

become this
> a burst of spiky metal would tear it to shreds

I wasn't saying that larger caliber means more powerful, I was saying that 8mm is more than 7,5mm. But I've been proven wrong by since I assumed that caliber was measured in millimeters as it is in Europe. My bad.

>a fucking railgun, something that has been established within 40k to be able to punch through marine armor, wouldn't be able to kill a marine

No, user. You're the retard here. Terrans marines carry automatic railguns as their standard ammo, the same shit that can punch through Imperial armor when fired by the Tau.

SC has just as much bullshit fluff to make the setting feel larger as 40k does. If we're going to accept all the shit in 40k that talks about how awesome and super strong space marines are(to cover up that a fucking 21st century firearm can kill one on tabletop), you gotta' roll with SC's stuff.

Andy Chamber the lead writer of Starcraft says that a single marine chapter would be able to defeat all the Terran factions in the Starcraft sector.

Is he correct?

>Can take direct hits from tank shells
>Can also die to the equivalent of a modern pistol, or to an axe to the face, or to Tyranid spike fire or claws
Your setting hasn't yet chosen between the two

I think no actually. SC is a lower powered setting than 40k but not -that- low powered.

Give me a small Crusade and I'll take on all 3 factions at once, and maybe win.

No.

Tau railgun: extremely high powered advanced prototype weapon that needs a hugeass battlesuit (broadside) to even carry it into battle. Even the ones the pathfinder use are essentially the taus version of a lascannon.

Terran railgun: cheap, expendable, replacable standard issue gun. Remeber, you've got guys like marauders for your heavy issue weapons , who's weapons are probably the equivalent to bolters.

Absolutely.

>these two weapons are called the same so they must be the same!
No, user, pretty sure you're the retard.

Terrans fire nails coated in Uranium, Tau fire plasma.

Totally different ammo and utility, Terran guns wont be piercing marine armor any time soon.

>>A weapon that fires 8mm penetrating rounds at hypersonic speed at 30 rounds per second
You do realize that lascanons are literal laser beams?
>>my super special magic space supermachos
Stay mad, Starcuck.

>autogun=modern day pistol
Read your lore, mate. Autoguns can go from anywhere muskets to full automatic "hyperguns" without recoil

>axe to the face
>axe being wielded by a subconcously psyichic race that literally changes reality based on its thoughts
>several times stronger than regular human
>if the ork believes it can rend the marines armor, it can

>tyranid spikes and claws
> weaponsymbiotes laced with acid akin to xenomorph blood
>don't shoot just spikes, those spikes are intelligent little critters who try to eat your way through your armor by finding weak points

>a railgun isn't a railgun because it means my argument doesn't hold up

If it's called a railgun, works like a railgun, is described like a railgun, it's a railgun. Anything else is you trying to headcanon.

>who's weapons are probably equivalent to bolters

This is your headcanon, all the rest of what you just said makes it sound like the Tau can't make a better railgun than random space rednecks.

Both fire projectiles, plasma is used more by Fire Warriors, and if a space marine can get killed by a 50' cal, you can bet your sweet ass that a depleted uranium spike fired at speeds going up to mach 5 is going to do more.

>Literally believing Reddit-tier Ork meme-magic
You should read your lore too, mate, and not from 1d4chan. Orks latent psychic powers don't work like that, or they would be going around using sticks for guns and beating everyone with them. Their psychic reality warping is what allows their 'technology' to work, but it's not an 'everything I believe happens' button.

>Read your lore, mate. Autoguns can go from anywhere muskets to full automatic "hyperguns" without recoil
So you're saying that since Marines can die to autoguns they can also die to muskets?

>Axe to the face
Can be wielded by a deranged cultist with no physical or psychic abilities of note and still potentially kill a marine.

>If it's called a railgun, works like a railgun, is described like a railgun, it's a railgun.

Nobody's saying it isn't a railgun. We're saying that not all railguns are created equal.

Terran marine weapons are just the machineguns of their day. They're never depicted as particularly powerful. Railguns in 40k are super-powered cannons. They both use the Lorentz force, but they're two very different weapons.

This isn't hard.

Stats =/= fluff
1000 marines can't take a planet in the game, but can in the fluff.

>And a burst from a Terran gauss rifle would tear an Astartes in two.
A burst from a Terran gauss rifle can't even kill an SCV.

>they're never depicted as particularly powerful

They're able to actually shoot spaceships out of the sky.

By your own logic, Space Marines aren't really impressive because of how much they get killed by just about anything and everything, their best of the best get ripped apart by the settings equivalent of Zerglings.

>They're able to actually shoot spaceships out of the sky.
They are, as an in-game abstraction, but nothing in the cinematics or anywhere else suggests that this is the case. You can fit a thousand marines in a battlecruiser in the lore; you can barely fit twelve marines under a battlecruiser in the game.

By that logic a bunch of marines can take down a battlecruiser of several hundred meters in length.

Actually, fluff-wise, Marine weapons are designed to be able to damage vehicles and ships, although not 'from orbit' of course.

Marines are depicted shooting at all sorts of things without having them die the way you would would expect from a battleship-mounted railgun on full auto. For example, each other. Or zerglings.

Space marines rarely if ever die 1v1, a marine will take hundreds of lesser enemies with him, the issue is that gaunts typically come in huge packs.

Terran marines, do die in 1v1 trades a ton, attrition is more of a thing for adeptus astartes than Terran marines

Shooting down wraiths and dropships is one thing, but you could do that with with a .50 Cal even today.

I think I see your problem now, mate.
Listen very closely, this may be a bit tricky to understand, but I'm sure you can do it:

Game stats/feats =/= Lore stats/feats

Ingame, a single carrier can be beaten by 10 or so marines with upgrades and stimpacks.
Inlore, a single carrier can exterminatus an entire planet via glassing it with a superlaser.

Also:
Ingame: Cultist rolls to hit. Cultist rolls to wound. Marine fails armor save. Marine dies.

Inlore: 5 Grey knights killing thousands of daemon possessed cultists with nothing more than their bare hands.

And nothing in 40k's presentation suggests that they shouldn't be killed by railgun spikes.

Remember, Black Library's contradictory and wank-filled fluff aside. Space Marines are shown all the time being shot up, skewed, and otherwise getting their shit wrecked. Going into lore outside of gameplay itself sorta gives SC even more stuff because then we get into the bits where Terran armor is described as being actually pretty fucking good in addition to them having railgun rifles. Remember that a single battlecruiser was able to host an army able to fight the entire sector(Hyperion) meaning that those battlecruisers you churn out in game are more or less battlebarges.

And as this user said, SC's setting is full of handwave shit. The Dominion had more or less every world destroyed by the Zerg and bounced back in about a decade.

Nigga, Space Marines die all the time in 1v1, orcs can take them out, Tau can snipe them, Necron warriors can blast them apart. As much as Space Marines get sucked off, they have a pretty short shelf life. Terran Marines do as well, but given that the Koprulu Sector has manpower reserves seemingly as deep as the Imperium, I assume the two would stalemate.

Terran Marines use anti-tank rifle in full auto, with magazine capacity of over 200 and have power armor that should in theory be able to withstand getting hit by that kind of rifle. Plus they have superhuman reflex when high on drugs and their armor give them extra strength.
Overall I'd said that Terran Marine have battle strength greater than WWII light tank, and able to fight m4 Sherman alone.

On the other hand IoM Space Marines have so much bullshit on them that Terrans would look as weaklings.

But UED Dominion, Kel-Moria and probably fucking Umoja could throw millions of marines into one battle while IoM have less marines stationed around whole galaxy.

So main opponent of marine would be guardsmen, a guy with flashlight that replaced ak47 only because IoM can't be bothered by shipping ammunition when you could throw energy packs into fire. And guard would be shredded

I did say against lesser enemies, nexron warriors are basically better space marines, and tau snipers are elites

Yeah, you did afterwards. I just took the first bit as "rarely happening ever".

Honestly, I don't even think SC would win, I think people are just selling it too short because uh...

...there's some fucking stupid shit in SC. The Spear of Adun is a great case.

How does tau and necron weaponry fare again marines anyway? Does it tear them a new one or do they magically bounce off

How would tosh and/or nova fit into 40k?
Vindicares on steroids?

They can be killed by "railgun spikes" (kinetic projectiles no different from those fired by any other projectile weapon), but you claimed that they would be casually torn in two by a burst. Nowhere, in any cinematic, ever, has a Terran Marine fired a burst that casually tore apart anything. Including zerglings.

The battlecruisers you churn out in game are 400/300, the price of 12 infantry units. They are not a good comparison for anything.

>millions of marines
>vs guardsmen
>fucking guardsmen
>estimated average total changes by a couple billion plus or minus in total each day, depending on crusades and enlistment
Yeah, they would shred the guardsmen. Absolutely.

And then they drown in the blood.

I actually wasn't the user that said the burst comment. I was just upset someone was acting like the rifle wouldn't have an effect.

Though some of the short stories produced leading up to SC2(In particular, Heart of the Swarm) do describe the rifles as ripping apart Zerg. But you know, this was also the stuff that was meant to jerk off Kerrigan, so it didn't really help the Terrans.

if the factions worked together? Absolutely not. Kerrigan and the dark templar could do so much logistical damage to the marines that their superior combat effectiveness wouldn't matter

Sorry for not being totally clued up but iirc there's a faction of humans in the Great Crusade that were just normal humans in power armour for their troops.

If we can figure out how they fared vs Astartes we can figure out how a Terran Marine roughly compared considering they're both power armoured with slightly worse weaponry.

Obviously Astartes wipe the floor with Terran 'Rines but there's a LOT of power armoured guardsmen in Koprulu that a Chapter would have to fight through.

That's not even getting into shit like Collossi, Infestors and anything Psychic related.

Obviously 40K kicks the shit out of starcraft, even if it was equal tech, IOM is just too vast but then there's the fact that SC tech is miles behind as well. But SC universe wouldn't just get chewed through by 1 chapter. even just Terrans. they can churn out BattleCruisers, wraiths and Vikings while a Marine fleet can't replace lost Barges or fighters.

True, numbers of guard seems unlimited but so are fronts of IoM and need for soldiers. It depends how many guardsmen could IoM commit to that front and given time.
I'd put money on Terrans.
It is game of logistics and other shit on strategic scale.
One could argue what side have better FTL as SC one does not have a risk of being eaten by demons and can reliable arrive on time while 40K warp travel are Fast with capital F.

I'd predict a Tau ending. Failure of initial attack and further lack of action as there are far more pressing matter where IoM desperately needs more troops NOW, or chaos or nids will get to Terra.

Marine armour can withstand pulse fire but rail guns tend to one shot marines.

Gauss Flayers are lethal against anything that's hot shielded.

Oh gauss flayers, the best infantry gun ever, as well as every techpriests wet dream

The thing is, Terrans control merely a few dozens, maybe hundreds, of planets. Most are just small colonies. And yet they field billions of marines with power armour and railguns.

TERRAN factions. Dominion, Raiders, etc. Andy Chambers was basically saying the a chapter of marines can conquer all humans in the Starcraft sector.

You might be thinking of the Interex, who were more like humans in battlesuits.

I think Skitarii comes pretty close to "humans in power armor", though you have to roughly compare all the augmetics to all the stuff a Terran suit does.

Was talking to a guy about this a few SC general threads ago.

We pretty much agreed that Ghosts would be dumbed down Vindicares but with some Psyker powers.

If we look at the strongest Psyionic Ghost (Sarah kerrigan) She had the raw power to straight up blow up people when she got upset, at a young age before training so their Psyionic powers are a huge benefit but Ghosts don't train 24/7 like Temple Assassins do and they don't have the insane levels of training and conditioning, mind washing etc that Vindicares have because Psionics in SC are pretty rare and vulnerable to causing shit to go down, in some short stories, ghosts are pretty much locked away from other people when not being used to prevent other people going insane from being near them, so they're training and working a hell of a lot less than Vindicares.

Essentially, Ghosts don't hold a candle to a Vindicare's shooting skills despite being the next best thing but their advantage comes from being able to make everyone near them violently explode, go insane or turn inside out.

If a Ghost got near a Vindicare, the fight is over. The problem is getting near him.

Then there's the cloaking problem which fucks things even further, I don't know if a Vindicare can detect cloaked enemies at all or if he'd just die to it.

oh, I'm retarded, my bad

yeah, a chapter of marines would assrape the terrans unless they just nuked the shit out of them

Well cloaking=invisibility?
Can vindicares detect psykers with invisibility?

That might be it, I see the faction being mentioned a lot in the 40klore reddit so I'm probably getting them confused, if mine even exists that is.

Would that be roughly comparable? I don't know much about Tau battle suits to start going into this stuff desu

Honestly, if you did a 40k/SC crossover, there isn't much reason for the Terrans/Imperium to fight as long as two things happen.

1. Dominion accepts God Emperor as religious authority
2. Dominion accepts Imperial authority.

Now, lets be fair and say this happens after Brood War and before Wings of Liberty, The Dominion is rebuilt from BW but hasn't been shook up yet and Mengsk is on the throne.

Remember, Mengsk was fully willing to parley with the UED after seeing he couldn't win and try and act as a governor for them. The Dominion could get off pretty cushy as long as they allowed a few churches and tithed soldiers.

The benefits for the Imperium are a source of pretty good rifles, cheap power armor, and ships that can act as the equivalent of battlebarges(going back to the Hyperion being able to fight a fucking war solo). That's a pretty good position for Koprulu to become a solid Imperial sector powerhouse as long as they get some help with their alien issues.

>writers don't have a sense of scale
Nothing new.
The fact that "there are as much elfs as plot demands" does not mean we should follow it as with such assumption make any discussion is futile.
Because the faction that author have bigger boner for will win.
The end.
No need for any speculation and creative thinking.

Where are you getting these numbers from?

No clue, I don't know anything about the gear Vindicares have that could possibly let them detect cloaked units. If we're talking tabletop then I guess? But so can everyone to an extent.

Given how Terran power armour doesn't seem to provide any real protection, not against their own guns or zerg claws, I'm going to go with them struggling to even overcome Imperial Guard, at least if the Guard has a numerical advantage, and it always does.

Flak armour can provide at least some protection from the 40k equivilent of a zergling.

Astartes would rek them because they're designed to rek everything.

Terran Marines are nothing special.
Just thugs with guns in power armor.

>Also, how would Protoss fare compared with 40k's factions?
A united protoss without zerg taking their homeworld, maybe they'd be an okay minor faction.

The Vindicare spy mask can see through cover, which seems to work on Tau stealth equipment too.

I think he means the Technocracy.

>warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Auretian_Technocracy

I think he means the Auretian Technocracy from one of the first HH books. It didn't end well even with power armour and bolters.

I wanna know how Orks would do in the setting.

Gonna have boyz and nobz in looted armor and tanks.

imagine if the Imperium lost part of a chapter of marines to the zerg though. The one thing that the zerg has over tyranids is the ability to just straight up steal enemy troops instead of eating them

Alright so I'm gonna say they'd be able to see Ghosts easy then.

Terran 'Rines are pretty heavily mindwashed, they all think they're upstanding citizens who've been through years of training when in reality they're just death-row criminals who had a doctor poke around in their head for half an hour to install some basic training and alternate memories before they got sent off to the front lines.

I mean they're still thugs with guns but they're still kicking a Guardsman's ass anyday.

Obviously Astartes are better but I don't think a Terran Marine is miles away, maybe Skitarii/Scion level like that user mentioned, they're the next best thing before Marines I guess.

>Interex, who were more like humans in battlesuits.

More like Centaurs IN SPEHS

I remembered Mengks more as megalomaniac that was willing to see his homeworld burn in nuclear fire again rather than bend the knee to UED.
But this could be his meme image from SC2, more than from when I played Brood Wars.

But worse his son and post SC2 emperor is xenophile ally of xeno protos and even fucking zerg.
So is hero of sector Jim Raynor. Is it a ground for sector wide exterminatus, as local factions are tainted with working alongside of foul aliens?

But worst shit would be with admech as Terrans are bunch of hereteks, they have functioning academia that does some research and innovates. Heresy, exterminate in name of Omminsiah.
They also use AI or I think that adjutant was an AI.

>Terran 'Rines are pretty heavily mindwashed
>I mean they're still thugs with guns but they're still kicking a Guardsman's ass anyday.

Excuse me. No one competes with the Guard when it comes to being brainwashed. No one.

Space marines and guards work with aliens all the time.

Either working with eldar or Orks to kill chaos, or necrons to kill tyranids.

>unless they just nuked the shit out of them
They do love their nukes

Loved the intro of one of the Korhal, a planet already nuked into a desert, and they start by nuking your base like a dussin times

>I mean they're still thugs with guns but they're still kicking a Guardsman's ass anyday.
I think they'd be a good imperial guards regiment, but not miles ahead of them

Exterminatus isn't required for xeno collaboration, it's fairly common on the outskirts of the Imperium.

Massive genestealer infestations or daemon incursions to the point where witnesses can't be ""quarantined"" maybe but not a bit of harmless collaborating. That just requires a few throne agents to go in an execute the ring leaders to make an example.

AdMech's key defining trait for Abominable Intelligence is the ability to self improve. Not saying they wouldn't have a shitfit over the Adjutants but again, I don't think it'd be bad enough to warrant genocide, probably just rounding up anyone who maintained or developed the technology and forcing them through the Rite of Pure Thought.

Infestors is always my answer to this question, they can just mind control an Astartes, if they don't mind control him they're taking him out the fight for a bit. If you read the short story on infestors they essentially jack into your mind and (try to) force you to accept the hivemind. Even if this only stuns the marine for a second, it's enough to let a Hydralisk put a spine through him (Their spines can penetrate damn Battlecruisers) or some other Zerg nasty to get him. They might not have Nid numbers but they're still a huge threat.

Ignoring that, a Viper could just fling a Marine into a swarm of Banelings or Lurkers or anything like that. Zerg just has too much 'Crowd Control' and displacement for 1 chapter to deal with them.

Even ignoring their support units, unless the marines have hundreds of spare bolts to shoot down Overlords (which are fucking massive, going by lore) the hive mind won't collapse and if it does, nearby queens assume control so it's still more difficult than frying Synapse nids and making them kill eachother, even if you destroy Zerg Synapse, they'll still fight you but just more disorganised.

Corruptors are designed to fuck big battleships up, Scourge too so the space war isn't going to be easy for the Marines, Macrocannons and lances just can't melt through that many Scourge before they hit.

As much as people shit on SC compared to 40k (and rightfully so) the 1 chapter thing is a meme.

That might be his meme image, remember that Mengsk actually approached DuGalle in his personal ship and offered to parley, being pretty calm about the whole "losing power" thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=g1-FmQU9HUg

Valerian is a for sure no go with the Imperium.
user, it's a bit worse than that. Valerian straight up told Kerrigan "it's fine if you storm Korhal and kill my dad" after she dismantled the Dominion and attacked the other worlds of it, only raising his voice when he figured out she was going to slaughter anyone in her path, including civilians(and she didn't make an effort not to kill them as it was).

I don't know if the admech would be THAT bad, the AdMech does do its own research and innovation, its just that it hampers itself via internal politics, feuding, and dogma. Remember the case of the Necron death start where the Admech actually studied it afterwards to try and glean insight from the tech? I can assume that would happen with the Dominion, the admech makes it clear that their innovation needs to be admech approved, but the scientists are allowed to work quietly.

Adjunants are like...computers, they're not really AI because they don't think for themselves, they just act as computer aids. I can see the admech demanding that be dismantled.

maybe confederacy or mengsk dominion era could be rought into the imperium, while whatever happens after could be a better fit for Tau assimilation

>after the destruction of Korhal, the terran factions are so shocked that they collectively ban all strategic nukes
>they then proceed to make so many tactical nuclear weapons that the actual size of their arsenal doesn't change

>can withstand pulse fire

Pfft so much for Str 5
Rail rifles or are there tanks firing at them?

WS3/BS3/S4/T4/I3/A1/Ld7/4+

Their power armor obviously isn't equivalent to Imperial power armor, pretty much everything in-universe cuts straight through it.

Gauss rifle is either a lasgun or S3/AP5 at best. Top-end Imperial autoguns can make use of magnetic acceleration too, so they're nothing special. Raynor threatens PA-clad Terran Marines with what is essentially a stub revolver in 40k terms.

Other than that, they're basically penal legionaires with chems.

Marines would beat Guardsmen outright but I guess as an overall force, Guardsmen would be equal. They've got better (debatable, Siege tanks chew through even Ultralisks) artillery, infinitely better heavy armour (A shadowsword would kick the shit out of a Thor).

I think in vehicles, Terrans just have better air as Minotaur class BC's are called in for close air support pretty easily and Wraiths/Medivacs seem to be at least equal to Valkyries and whatever the heck Guard standard figher jets are (There seem to be a hundred different Imerial Navy craft)

I guess Terrans have better 'light' armour and fast attack, Vultures and Hellions seem like a great way to chew open any guardsmen without support, and Hellbats could do some damage if they get into hordes of guard. Cyclones and Widow mines would also hurt to watch, a Cyclone would be like a Hurricane bolter on steroids I guess and we all know how well Widow Mines do against power armoured foes, let alone flak vest Guardsmen.

Guard would crush them with numbers and tanks so heavy that Terran Tech can't touch them but they don't flat out get screwed, in some areas they're flat out better such as infantry and Aircraft (assuming imperial navy is a separate faction from Guard)

You don't have to wash what was pristine from creation.

did he really say that, or is that only a pasta?

youtube.com/watch?v=UzJ-1wBJ4wM

>some guy who worked for games workshop for decades and started working for blizzard for starcraft 2 said some shit

You mean the guy who wrote Brood War knows more about Starcraft than random nerds?

Chambers didnt write Brood War user.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Chambers
>Since 2006 , Andy Chambers has worked for Blizzard Entertainment and now lives in California 2 . In this company he occupies the position of creative director, working especially on Starcraft II 3 .

Brood War was not written after 2006.

And even if he did write for broodwar it is not a good reason to assume he knows more than random nerds.

See Metzen and the Burning Crusade.

Huh, I swear Andy Chambers worked with Blizzard longer.

Either way, Starcraft 2 is a massive leap in terms of "Power levels" and he still says the Terrans would lose.

night lords are described as "rehabilitated" criminals, loonies, and otherwise desperate people in exoskeletons"

that said, sure 40k is incomparable to any other setting in terms of power level, unless said setting was developed to be an inherently ridiculous setting, or you're being a huge dork. 40k makes no fucking sense and is purely governed by rule of cool.

>and he still says the Terrans would lose.
Doesn't matter

>night lords
>>>>>>rehabilitated