Due to typical DnD 5e fuckery one of my players has achieved 19 INT and another has achieved 20 WIS...

Due to typical DnD 5e fuckery one of my players has achieved 19 INT and another has achieved 20 WIS. What are the ramifications of this, at least the way you interpret the stat system in 5e? How would you RP having these stats? I'm not asking for help, I'm kind of amused by this, to be honest. Pic semi-related, the 20 WIS character is a cleric.

>Due to typical DnD 5e fuckery
You mean reaching 8th level (6 for a fighter) assuming of course you didn't roll for stats. If you roll for stats you can reach this situation at lvl1.

We rolled, and they've achieved this at 4th level.

Character level is more representative of player capability. I find the Ability Scores seldom play a part in the RP side of things unless it's a negative modifier or something higher like 22+.

RP them however you want. The stats literally don't mean anything outside of their mechanical effect.

I don't want to know how to RP them because I don't know how, I just wanted to get other people's perspective on it. The players don't seem to care about it as much, and that doesn't bother me.

stats are OOC IMO unless they are either 10 or 20, for example you could have stupid ass smart people, like the wizard who studies really hard but is still a complete idiot.

The mental stats are defined so vaguely that literally any behavior can be justified with any set of stats.

Why the fuck would you play that screaming dumpster fire?

Sate my curiosity, user. Why do you choose to let your players roll rather than use stat buy?

The trick to working with high scores is setting the scene. A smarter or wiser person will perceive things differently as a matter of course. The DM should spell out subtle details that would otherwise be missed, or describe things with depth and specificity instead of general terms. He should also give suggestions to actions for those characters instead of a simple whatdo.

If all you're doing is modifying rolls you're missing an important aspect of the character.

For the memes, of course. We have fun, and that's all I care about.

Skills and the int/wis divide is entirely enough granularity, throw in a few personal foibles and you're good.

Carry on, sweet summer child.

You can get 20 at level 1, I don't see how this is fuckery? Most races give +2 to a stat and a 16+ has like 10% chance.

I wouldn't put much importance on stats for RP or anything, it's a small but significant (if it's the core stat) mechanical difference, but a 20 dex character can still be clumsy, a 20 cha character can still be shy, don't limit character options or player skill just because of some abstract concepts.

super intelligent and super wise, and is also a cleric

seems to be a naturally gifted youngster, who was at the top of his class, and is possibly a source of endless resentment and isolation due to being far above his peers who work twice as hard for an inferior outcome

>We rolled
Was getting caught part of your plan?

/thread

i rolled 20 int as a caster at level 3. helped my rolls a bit, but my questionable fuckery in feats was the only reason i didn't die instantly.

I don't think stats should affect RP at all.

wow, D&D players are just terrible

Pray tell, how would you do it user? Forbid the 10 int fighter from solving the puzzle even though his player knows the answer, because he is only of average intelligence?

>inb4 "lel don't play le D&D" meme

Yeah. It's nice that the player found out the answer, but storywise, a more intelligent party member probably came up with it.

Stats are a mechanic that allow for an estimate calculation of probabilities in a conflict.

They are not the story drivers.

Its like these fucktards with 18 charisma that doesnt know anything about social interaction but want every character autointerested in them because Muh Charisma.