I cant be happy anymore Veeky Forums after searching and searching for fantasy rpgs i cant seem to stay with one and...

I cant be happy anymore Veeky Forums after searching and searching for fantasy rpgs i cant seem to stay with one and always come back to dnd 5e, i want to kill myself, please someone free me from this torture

Have anyone made it? has someone finally stopped playing dnd and go to other game?

I play whatever. Sometimes I play D&D, sometimes I play Reign, sometimes I play Mouse Guard, and sometimes I play some dumb homebrews.

The system doesn't matter, what matters is just having fun playing the game.

You are kind of a melodramatic pussy.

You've taken troll memes to heart, and deserve your suffering for believing anything the anti-D&D trolls have said.

If you like 5e then just fucking play 5e you whiny cunt.

Its the act to bait people into coming in my thread muahahaha
Not really, before i ever came to Veeky Forums i already had a problem with how dnd 5e manages combat encounters, they never where challenging

Also my first game was 3.5 and i still like the memories of the campaign but i wouldn't dm it

>has someone finally stopped playing dnd and go to other game?

Unfortunately, no, and this is ALWAYS the problem. Dozens of better games exist, but good luck ever finding anyone who actually plays them, short of randos on the internet who's retardation will make it a worse experience than DnD despite the system being a hundred times better.

>they never where challenging
5e is a resource game, it's designed for dungeons so individual fights aren't meant to be challenging. The short/long rest system is bad for this and would work better if e.g. short rests were 5 minutes, but it's how it's intended to be played. What you seem to want is a skirmish game, which 4th edition does well and there are other games as well, this thread is about the same thing so check it .

What other games do skirmish well?

Well i am the gm and i can force my players to play

Iron Kingdoms is the one I'm playing right now and does it pretty well, there are no per day resources or even per encounter, though you regain about 40% of your max hp after every encounter so you can have some resource management with that. The most important resource is stuff you buy, gold is valuable and matters compared to in D&D so you have to consider whether you want to use that 20 gold grenade or just take some shots with your rifle. Playing extended adventures where there's no chance to stock up isn't great but it can also be used as loot so I haven't had any problems with players completely running out.

How does manage out of combat stuff?
are there some fun utility skills?

It was originally a hack of d20 so it has a similar skill system, about 40 skills in addition to military skills (which are like weapon proficiencies) with various in- and out-of combat uses and examples. It does the job for the occasional tracking of a beast or interrogation but personally it's not enough for any complex narrative to take place satisfyingly and it mostly serves to modify or avoid combat.

Outside the skill system, it has connections which give you NPC connections that can give you information, plot hooks, resources and so on, but there are no utility spells or the like (its way of removing caster supremacy so I'm fine with it).

The simple solution is to have friends, you can convince them not to play DnD

Not sure if it's what you're going for, but ever looked at Fantasy AGE before? Also, you're a whiny faggot.

Any selling points? It seems like the Dragon Age RPG but with all the DA stuff removed, but that's what makes that game compelling and I can't see anything too special from skimming the intro.

Whats good about fantasy age?

If you're this much of a bitch about fucking RPGs, just do it. Tie the noose, load the gun, whatever.

Do it, faggot.

I already did it but i cant die hehe

To start with, it's mechanically sound, d6 system takes out the swing in dice checks, while stunts provide plenty of variety to results, and every modifier matters. The numbers are kept pretty small in this game. The rules are also light and snappy, meaning more time playing and less time flipping through pages (which is always a plus when you want to get people to stop playing D&D for a fucking minute), with perhaps the exception of skimming through stunt tables the first few sessions. You get familiar with the stunts you like, and the process speeds up.

From my albeit limited playing experience, it feels about even with the level of fantasy of 5e to start with, except you're not the d20's bitch at low levels. Magic has a place, but doesn't seem to have any major problem solvers/encounter enders. It never really reaches the same heights of power as 5e though, either, which can be a plus or a minus. While you gain something every level, there are really only a handful of things that happen as you progress. If 3.PF-style character sheet building is your favorite thing, I don't think Fantasy AGE will hold your attention for long. But then again, I'm not aware of what upper levels of "system mastery" there are here.

As for the setting and the GM side of things, I can't really say. We used the Titansgrave companion book and a unique setting, and went full into knights with energy-swords and cyber-prosthetics. I've been told they have a good architecture for building your own creatures and encounters, though.

Altogether, it wasn't a mind-blowing experience playing Fantasy AGE, but it did open up my eyes with what can be done in a non-d20 system. I had fun with it, but from my experience, I do wish this system had more to offer. However, I'd say it would make a solid foundation for a game, and adding some house rules and extra goodies is a lot easier than gutting a more cumbersome system of rules.

>It never really reaches the same heights of power as 5e though, either, which can be a plus or a minus.
Considering 5e starts breaking already halfway through the level progression, better to have a smaller spread of power and have it work well on all levels. Thanks for the pitch, it actually seems pretty decent for my group because they prefer lighter systems.

Go play some stupid browser game like CoC or Civ Clicker for awhile. You're investing your entire identity into one small slice of one of your hobbies, and it's not healthy.

Also, have a baby dinosaur.

No problemo, user. I hope it works out for your group.

Call of Cthulhu?

Command and Conquer I'd think, though I don't think that's available for browsers.

4e is best.

My group started on D&D, we've not played it in quite some time, we have instead at various points played
>WoD
>Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
>Dark Heresy
>MAID rpg
>Trail of Cthulhu
>Apocalypse World
>Burning Wheel
>Dungeon World
>Legend of the Elements
>Legends of the Wulin
>Night Witches
>Dogs in the Vineyard
>MonsterHearts
>Shadowrun
>Superhuman
>Masks: A New Generation
>Mutants and Masterminds
I may be forgetting a couple. Some we've liked, some we haven't. Also we're playing a Blades in the Dark one-shot next week.

WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY 2E

EXPERIENCE YOUR NEW GOD

Damn, son, calm the fuck down with your drama.

But to answer your question, yeah, I GMed one game of DnD years ago, back when it was 3rd edition. The first game I ever ran. Decided it was crummy immediately, and have never run it since. I've used dozens of other game systems, some good, some bad, and even a few I made myself. It's like the opposite of difficult. You may as well complain about how you can't drink anything but Coca Cola, when you live in a world with a thousand other sodas.

4e is underrated

Badass fucking system and Warlord is god

Corruption of Champions, has it right.

Strike! is based around skirmish fights. It's a sort of spiritual successor to 4e in that regard. Resource/wound management exist as optional stuff, if needed.

The nipples are 0.2 inch in diameter, radius or length? I need to know for immersion!

You are right sir, but it gets tiresome when you start to drink all other sodas and say "ITS NOT COCA COLA ENOUGH!"

lol