Zerg would handily beat the Tyranids in a ground war

Tyranids only win through sheer numbers. If it was a Zerg swarm vs a tyranid tendril on a planet, Zerg would win easily
>faster adaptation
>creep means tyranids will be found as soon as they set foot on it
>Kerrigan OP as fuck
>actually hold the planet and fortify it instead of just eating everything
>ultralisks are way bigger than biotitans and can be spawned rather quickly
>better overall troops
>reproduce faster
>don't need biomass, only minerals

40kids will throw a shit fit because they can't handle anyone being able to beat their Mary Sue setting, but objectively Zerg>Tyranids in all but numbers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop trying to spread your cancer you insufferable Starcraft faggot.

>buttblasted

I maintain that any one Zerg is more dangerous than its Tyrannid equivalent, largely due to their self-mutating and self-healing capabilities. But there are just so many more Tyrannids that the Zerg...both are species that rely on overwhelming numbers, and the Tyrannid's unit count is just larger. Not to mention that they have much BIGGER units at their disposal than the Zerg.

Having said that, the video your screencap is from is probably the best possible depiction for what a Tyrannid invasion looks like. And the music is perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4

Out of curiosity, what are the Zergs ships?

They're literally the same thing.

Alive. Beyond that, we don't know, although SOMETHING took out that Battlecruiser in the video I posted above.

I'm not sure we've ever seen the Zerg fight a space battle before, but I don't see any compelling evidence for them being unable to, though I wouldn't be surprised if it mostly takes the form of Mutalisk swarms covering the approach of Overlords, the former blowing open holes in ships for the Overlords to deploy Zerg forces inside the ships and tear apart its crew and the ship itself from the inside.

Superior race representing.

They have leviathans, which are capable of space travel. They are used to transport from planet to planet, and have fine offensive capabilities.

I'm torn cause this is an obvious shitty shit thread posted by shit people

But i'd like to discuss the actual mechanical differences between Tyranids and Zerg.

Decisions, decisions...

We briefly saw Tyranid space forces at the end of Brood War and in some of the SC cinematics.

Basically just their air units but in space (even though their form of locomotion really shouldn't work in space...)

A single X parasite meets the Tyranid fleet. What happens next?

>Tyranids only win through sheer numbers.

I could imagine Zerg losing due to infighting. I don't think many people understand or acknowledge this, but the Zerg isn't just a mindless hivemind in that the intelligent/sapient members of the swarm ARE semi-capable of defection/desertation or otherwise running off and starting their own swarm.

Another issue is that the Zerg doesn't operate on "1 single spore could infect a whole planet". Zerg are actually broken down into castes & models with specific functions and purposes: infectors, workers, military units, etc.. Like, Terrans in fact EAT some species/brands of Zerg, they're SAFE to EAT.

The other problem Zerg have is their hive-mind connection needs a constant being to broadcast it, usually in the form of queens, kerrigan, overminds, or some other sufficiently psychic device or person (overlords don't issue orders, but instead extend psychic broadcasting range).

The Zerg have 2 vulnerabilities: 1. They're susceptible to infighting. 2. If they're cut off from their psychic commands, they'll revert back to *animals.

*Zerg actually make for interesting animals as starcraft 2 has shown us, as they retain enough junk dna to become "naturalized". Feral Zerg still retain the adapt, eat, mutate, aspect, but in the wild they'll quickly lose their micromanaged, militarized, forms and develop more resource-wary bodies focused on survival.

You die.

Unlike the Zerg, the Tyranid adapt on a macro scale much faster, often in the terms of the same conflict.

>I'm not sure we've ever seen the Zerg fight a space battle before
Back in SC1, there's a cutscene where Edmund Duke's battlecruiser gets shot down by zerg while in orbit and the following mission is about rescuing him.

The flyers that attack him are just ordinary aerial units, though.

Could the Bohrok defeat either one in ground warfare?

tyranids also have a significant technological advantage.
they're not just bug monsters throwing spikes and acid, they've got railguns and plasma weapons and shit as well.

by sheer nostalgia, yes

I remember reading a short story (15 pages) about planet being invaded by tyranids. It was told by various people, all of them from IG tho. Anyone remember its name?

The U.S. Coast Guard would handily beat the Zergs in a ground war

Tyranids only win through sheer numbers. If it was a The U.S. Coast Guard swarm vs a Zerg tendril on a planet, The U.S. Coast Guard would win easily
>faster adaptation
>radar means tyranids will be found as soon as they set foot on it
>Admiral Zukunft OP as fuck
>actually hold the coast and fortify it instead of just eating everything
>Icebreakers are way bigger than Ultralisks and can break ice rather quickly
>better overall troops
>reproduce faster
>don't need biomass, only U.S. dollars

SCunts will throw a shit fit because they can't handle anyone being able to beat their Mary Sue setting, but objectively The U.S. Coast Guard>Tyranids in all but numbers.

>Zerg's idea of a missile attack is to shoot a spine at something
>Tyranids' idea of a missile attack is a fucking bolt of plasma created by a bioreactor

Please thing m8.

>a dozen spines per minute take down a capital ship.
bravo blizzard

>Tyranids only win through sheer numbers
No they don't? Its one of the easiest ways for them to win, but they deploy Lictors to hunt down key personal, Raveners and stealers to hit supply lines.

While its true tyranids do outnumber the zerg, its also true that most their "equivelants" are also stronger. Gaunts are bigger, more armoured, more numerous and likely faster. Heck genestealers can rip into tanks with ease, keep pace with marines and weight a whopping 300kgs, yet they can silently stalk with ease.

>Kerrigan OP as fuck
Granted, but going off of fluff, she is no more powerful than any alpha level psyker

>ultralisks are way bigger than biotitans and can be spawned rather quickly
Even going off your pic.. no they aren't

>reproduce faster
Tyranids can reinforce in the billions within a matter of hours, guess what, in starcraft the Tiamat brood was known for being the most numerous brood of all the zerg, it had at its peak 6.5 million, that's the whole fleet, that's an hourly wave for the nids

>don't need biomass, only minerals
Neither do nids? They eat metal, minerals, earth, water, air, they taken TRILLIONS of tonnes of water and earth from the planet and reconstitute it

Leviathans are big, but honestly go look at the hive ship sizes, they dwarf imperial ships, which are themselves a handful of KMS long

Gameplay purposes do not count, much like table top purposes. The fluff matters more

I don't think zerg would be significantly threatened by ants.

>I could imagine Zerg losing due to infighting. I don't think many people understand or acknowledge this, but the Zerg isn't just a mindless hivemind in that the intelligent/sapient members of the swarm ARE semi-capable of defection/desertation or otherwise running off and starting their own swarm.

This is only true when the Zerg doesn't have an over arching psionic power driving things. With Kerrigan or the Overmind the Zerg wouldn't be subject to infighting, since the head psionic can just take over a hostile swarm if it gets too close.

Of course if the Nids manage to headshot the psionic then all bets are off.

This bait is so fucking weak that I'm actually offended.
1/10 got me to reply, I guess.

Wouldn't the Nyd Shadow in the warp just kill/incapacitate the psyker/psionic like it normally does in the fluff?

Nyd fleets essentially broadcast white noise into the warp making psychic communication unworkable in their proximity.

Maybe?

There's no metaphysical component to a Terran ghost or the Overmind, they just have biologically powered psychic abilities a la Professor X, so I don't know if the Warp would apply to them.

Strictly speaking they broadcast their control signal. If the Overmind could reverse-engineer that (and this is highly likely, since it's an ultra-powerful Old One/Xel'Naga biocomputer) then they'd literally become the Tyranids.

>The fluff matters more
>glave wurms go through battlecruiser shielding.

Necrons haven't been able to do this and they have clothes made from solidified time so... no

The Necrons have no Warp presence. They can't do a blessed thing to harness psychic powers except for being atheist at them really hard until they go away (Pariahs).

Well, they have anti-warp shielding ability (gloom prisms etc), but Pariahs they actually steal from humans
Eh, it is also concievable for them to use slaved psykers (with mindshacles or something to control them). But no instances come to mind

I don't know if Tyranids COULD keep a cerbrate or the overmind dead. Standard psionics do nothing, and the just regenerate if physically destroyed.

Do they have some form of void manipulation?

>Do they have some form of void manipulation?
The Zerg? No.

They exist purely in physical space. Don't ask how their FTL works because I don't know.

As always with those vs thread we simply don't know how different "magic" interact, which prevent any "objective" response.
Maybe the shadow in the warp would cut the zerg psychic link making them defenceless, maybe the two race would just merge, maybe the Overmind/Kerrigan could control tyranid like they do zerg. We don't know. Powerlevel discussion are pointless anyway.

So, the actual answer to every vs thread is: how can we make the fight cool?

Tyranids. Without access to void energy, aka what dark templar access, you can't actually kill a cerebrate, or the overmind

Maybe, they can use the warp without being warp powered psykers.

The Fall of Malvolion by Dan Abnett

it is already confirmed, Zerg are based on tyranids.
Batte with even numbers -> tyranids will lose, but that´s not the point. They do not come in even numbers, first they infiltrate and after that they can cover the entire surface of a planet.

Imagine 'nids or zerg if every member of their species got the unique attributes of each spread across the entire horde.

Sliver would beat down nids and zerg simultaneously.

I can testify that he's not the same Starcraft faggot of the Terran thread, because that was me.
Do not try to contest my sovereign faggotry.

>Kerrigan OP as fuck
also dead as fuck

>Of course if the Nids manage to headshot the psionic then all bets are off.

dont need to kill anybody : shadow of the warp

But zerg do seem to reproduce faster and in greater numbers higher in the "tech tree"

>This thread
YOU HAVE TO BE -THIS- GREAT OLD ONE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SPACE BUG WAR.

>marry-sue setting
I don't get it. Are all powerlevel fags complete fucking shit eating retards?

I was making fun of the shitty pic.

>So, the actual answer to every vs thread is: how can we make the fight cool?

It would essentially be an Octarius-level event. Just instead of Orks its Zerg.

>dont need to kill anybody : shadow of the warp
We already covered this. Shadow of the Warp probably doesn't even interact with the zerg hive mind since they don't project force onto a metaphysical plane like the races in 40k.

You can actually make an electronic emitter that mimics the overmind's psionic signature and use these to control small amounts of Zerg, but they've never been a tenable solution when doing anything other than corralling small colonies; you need a full network of them to control a space any larger than a town square. A full swarm would just nuke the emitter from orbit and then roll over your position.

You know The Hive Mind Disrupts electronic signals as well right? It fucks over Vox communications and everything.

I mean I'm happy to explain how the Tyranids would hilariously stomp the Zerg, but I have a feeling you'll get supremely butthurt.

One simple question, user. What does the Zerg have to counter the bio titans.
>These fuckers varied in size from the chibi titans of the anphelion project to the gargantuan beast of the novels (one is depicted as tanking 2 shots by the CAPITOL IMPERIALIS, fell down, regenerated and kept on truckin)
>All have huge guns that are specialize on melting bio-matter
>Multiple types from land, underground and even air if you count the Harridan
This is not to mention Tyranid hive ships fight the Imperial Navy on equal footing. The same navy that have hundreds of gigaton of firepower on an outdated mining torpedo and the combat speed of 0.75c. What the hell do you think the Leaviathan (which the Terrans fight using ships that can be destroy by Hydralisk spines) gonna do against those? Ramming though starship size spore-mines, bio plasma, hails of diamond-hard spikes to take a nipple at it with its pathetic tentacles? Oh I forgot, all Tyranid ships have huge mandibles and tentacles as well.
The Tyranid spawn troops quick enough to use them to deplete their enemy's ammo supply and you think the "fairly quick" spawn rate of the Zerg will be enough? What a joke.
You Starcraft wankers never learn. If you think the Tyranid, which have more variety of units, better tech, more super heavy monsters, better space ships, and a total mastery of genetic manipulation, can be beaten by a race that can't even escape a SINGLE SECTOR OF SPACE, then you are clearly delusional.

please do. I want starcraftniggers to get spanked

>(which the Terrans fight using ships that can be destroy by Hydralisk spines)

fluffwise terran BCs lose to fucking mutalisk glave wurms.

Who cares

You might as well be saying "Tyranid would handily beat the Tyranids in a ground war"

Well duh, of course Tyranids gonna come out on top, they're the only ones fighting.

>fluffwise terran BCs lose to fucking mutalisk glave wurms.
Fluffwise mutalisks range in size from modern fighter jets to cargo planes. They're not small fry.

But really I'm just annoyed people are bringing gameplay elements into a fluff thread. by this logic you have to concede that Warhammer's just as shit because you can bayonet a Chaos Space Marine in the kidneys and he'll keel over.

Tyranids fight on almost every level possible. At the same time you're fighting waves of swarming kill machines you're fighting flying abominations in the skies, Huge earth shaking monsters and worst of all, Microscopic organisms designed to weaken and destroy you.

Far as we have seen the Zerg don't work that way, they work as a Swarm army that adapts. But the Tyranid Hive Fleets Adapt on the Macro Scale.

SC2 zerg aesthetic a shit

Preach

Zerg would get destroyed.

>my dad can beat up your dad
Take this shit over to spacebattles for fanfiction.org
Not Veeky Forums

Nah, certain rules would apply here.
Ripoffs can't beat the original. It's the same reason that Captain Marvel can never beat Superman, or that Deadpool can never beat Deathstroke.

So then the Tyrannids can't beat the Zerg. Because even though the Tyrannids may have come first, they looked very different originally, and have without a doubt stolen a lot of their aesthetic from the Zerg, while the Zerg themselves stole their aesthetic from Starship Troopers and the Alien franchise, not WH40K.

A Zerg Ultralisk is about 20 meters long and 5 meters high. On technicality, Ultralisks are meatier versions of Tyranid Hierodules who move about as sluggishly as an Obliterator with a gimp leg.

A Tyranid Hierophant is 15 meters high and between 35-40 meters long.

Ultralisks gestate about as quickly as any actual Bio-Titan.

Gaunts > Zerglings
Reavers > Hydralisk
Gargoyles and Skyslashers > Scourge
Shrieks, Crones and Harpies > Mutalisks
Creep = Biomass
Rippers > Biomass

Swarmlord < Kerrigan
Dominatrix/Norn Queen ≠ Kerrigan

Literally the only thing that is in the Zerg favor is Kerrigan.
All of their subspecies and believed adaptability mean jack shit to a splinter fleet, let alone a full tendril. Tyranids regularly adapt within minutes and can be spawned on the fly much faster than the Zerg can. The Zerg need infrastructure in order to produce and thrive, the Tyranids just need raw resources.

OP, you're not just wrong but holy shit you're retarded.

Except that the Tyranids aren't borrowing aesthetic from the Zerg either. They're less about leather and membrane and much more focused on carapace and exoskeleton. Both drew inspiration from the great franchises before hand, but the facts remain that the Zerg will get their shit slapped constantly by a Tyranid force.

Then we have the Nuke scenarios. Zerg swarms have an issue with Nukes ruining their days. The Creep can't find Ghosts walking on it and painting Hives with a target marker.

Meanwhile we have the Tyranids who have had splinter fleets survive and bounce back from Exterminatus. Even if it was just a single Ripper that survived, the full Fleet regrew from there.

Zerg have ceribrites queens and the over mind. Tyranids gain hive intelligence as they grow in numbers.

Tyranid numbers would crush Zerg. More then likely they would take the Zerg gene as well.

I am also offended by that other snobs statement

Tell that to OP then.

Blizzard would have no franchises whatsoever if GW hadn't hired them to do Warhammer vidya, then blinked and pulled out at the last minute.
Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo are all GW ripoffs.
GW's just repaying the favor by stealing modern Blizzard's aesthetics.

Tyranids win hands down.
When it comes to the actual fighting the swarmlord would murder Kerrigan, and tyranid units in general are just better.

>Tyranid Hierodules who move about as sluggishly as an Obliterator with a gimp leg

Except no they dont

Yeah Swarmlord vs Kerrigan would be a stomp.
Literally.

>ultralisks are way bigger than biotitans
Gong by their size relative to siege tanks, they're only about the size of a heirdicule.

He is referring to lore, not in-game.
Much like how scale does not translate well on the table top

A battle between the zerg and the nids would just devolve into a battle of attrition there both roughly at the same level of power theres one thing the nids would have over the zerg tho the shadow over the warp psycic ability's and communication would be inpaired for the zerg or even completely gone giving the nids a massive advantage.

Asuming I'm a retarded fag who doesn't know shit about WH40K, where should I start reading the lore?

TRUTH

>faster adaptation
>reproduce faster
>don't need biomass, just minerals

if that was true why do they stay on the same planet instead of eating everything and moving on?
are they incapable of eating everything?
are they incapable of adapting to long travel?
are they incapable of keeping up the pace?

There should be mandatory sterilisation for any who would win faggot

What about these zergs? They got some crazy feats.

X eats the local nids and proceeds to either snowball their way across space, obliterating everything in sight or get killed early by the rest of the nids realizing how big of a problem they are.

>A B.E.T.A hive (muv luv) lands on a planet weeks prior to a nid invasion.

>The Thing (The Thing) touches a nid ship.

>An entity (Worm) wants to eat and study the

>A flood cell shows up in a nid ship.

>Nids discover phazon (Metroid)

Zerg don't have Biotitans, Zerg lose.

>A battle between the zerg and the nids would just devolve into a battle of attrition there both roughly at the same level of power
Basically every single nid creature is bigger, stronger, deadlier and tougher than its zerg equivalent.

>ou can actually make an electronic emitter that mimics the overmind's psionic signature and use these to control small amounts of Zerg,
If this is the case then the Zerg are fucked. The Nids don't even need to control them, they just need to block the signal. Shadow in the warp already messes with just about any electrical or warp based communication, so they'd be straining through that. Even worse, they have tiny organisms that drift in those spore clouds he toxicrenes and venomthropes make and emit electromagnetic signals that jam any form of scanning technology. Any Zerg caught in that is at huge risk of being cut off, as well as having to deal with the flesh eating phage cells now infesting its lungs

Can we just have a discussion about the mechanical differences between the Zerg and Nids instead of this my dad would beat up your dad wankfest?

/thread

>Nids discover phazon
>materialize the ability to phase in and out of the warp
>eat the everything
Good shit

do the zerg "eat" planets like the nids do or do they occupy the planets they invade? I never reallyplayed any of the SC games and all I know is that the zerg are loosely based on the nids.

The ultralisks in the OP are way bigger than five meters.

They cover it in creep and suck out everything usable from the surface to the core.
Then they leave and I'm pretty sure they leave behind a skeleton crew.