Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How's your character's family doing? Are they okay? They're not dead, are they?

/pfg/ links: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ links: pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Current /sfg/ Thread: Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZDwJoNOL8Fg
dotabuff.com/players/114645902
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You'd think things like parents would be around forever right?

Where did your character learn to read?

All adventuring with different groups.

MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAAAADDDDDD

One character of mine is currently settled down with his wife and daughter. Just about the only family either my character and his wife even have, to boot.

30 out 100 siblings are still alive.

In a hate fueled frenzy he no longer remembers.

Lots of mouths to feed. A normal job isnt enough.

A pervert monk taught her.

Is it ever worth dipping into another caster class to get some level 1 spells for utility and to get your bad save evened out? Specifically if you aren't entirely dependent on getting all the high level spells (read: magus, warlock, inquisitor and some such aggressive 6th-level casters)?

I watched them die, obe by one, as the war took them.

Niw only I remain. The last of my kind.

Bastard. Evil mother.

The wife left because he lost his shit after their daughter died, his parents are still around and occasionally check on him to make sure he's not to far gone

No, it's not worth it. Spell levels are customized such that they'll be useful at the level you get them at if you're single-classed to get them. Because of that, they're often worth steeply less when you can't access them for several levels.

the only exceptions to this are when you get something startlingly good that keys off your primary ability modifier, like a sorcerer or oracle taking a two-level dip into Paladin to grab charisma to saves. (oracle is better for that, by the way, since divine casters can actually wear armor)

High-level diviner here.

Would you like your fortune read?

Sure.

So you're like a magic 8th-level ball?

Onryou pls go.

>Exceptional Stats (Ex) Baba Yaga was born a perfect specimen of humanity. As a result, her ability scores were generated using 25 points, rather than using the standard 15 point buy used to create most NPCs. Additionally, Baba Yaga has much more gear than an NPC of her level would normally have. These modifications increase her total CR by 2.
>25 PB

Because most people don't have a hissy fit and call the GM a giant faggot if the PB is 15.

TWENTY FIVE POINT BUY CONFIRMED BATMANS.

In otherwords, Growing up, she was as strong as a normal PC. though if i were to GM, i'd just increase the PB of every NPC to 25. and then boost the Point buy of the NPC's with 25 to something like 35.

You're right. Most people just laugh at the GM and walk away.

So I've gotten sick of my current Pathfinder campaign, the players are running a shitload of different classes including some 3rd party shit I shouldn't have allowed, so I'm gonna nuke the campaign and start a core-only classes campaign. 'Cept maybe unchained rogue and monk, assuming anyone actually wants to play those, but honestly I'm on the verge of ditching Pathfinder altogether, given that the core classes are so broken that you have to buy a splat book for some of them to even function. So yeah I am thinking of ways to crash the campaign. I'm thinking of a TPK but I need to be subtle about it, I can't make it look like I am *trying* to kill the party because that will get them pissed. I am thinking of having them stumble across a deck of many things in an upcoming dungeon. I know it's a shitty campaign derailer but if they draw the wraiths card they'll get slaughtered, and the others will either create an interesting story (like the keep card) or just be random bullshittery. Honestly I just want to get some amount of enjoyment out of this campaign before I end it. But yeah any advice on how to kill a party subtly would be good. No super-high CR shit, or obvious kill traps. They have a decent amount of direct damage, but incorporeal undead seems to be a weakpoint of theirs. As are traps. So if you have any good suggestions for clever traps I could trick them into dying with, that'd be nice. I am thinking a bridge with an illusory lost girl on it in the upcoming dungeon (because they know there might be survivors) then the bridge gets blasted by a spell and the character(s) out there fall to their deaths unless they can fly (which 2 of them can, but still, that leaves 4 who might die, and the scout can't fly so he would die most likely)

I don't care that core is least balanced, it's better than the current bullshit I'm dealing with.

No, because they aren't babies who can't get off unless their big titted tiefling rape victim loli isn't stronger than every enemy they come across.

TL;DR for your ADHD asses: Most people aren't /pfg/

Being murderhobos that my character aspirse to reach the same heights as.

>posting it again

We get it. Just be an adult, tell your party you are overwhelmed and want to simplify things.

>The Devil

You are feeling tempted, user? Something too good to pass up? Or do you simply have poor impulse control?

You may want to be careful... or indulge it anyway.

>The Magician

But also be careful about what you put into it. If you desire a new love or fixation, you have the power to claim it. And expect there to be...

>Death

.. a great change in your life that comes with it. One you may not welcome; but it may also be a chance to start over with a fresh perspective.

>Justice

No surprise then that you must examine your pass and also come to understand that your situation is one that you ultimately created for yourself, be it good or ill.

>The Emperor

You may be overambitious at this time.

Success may remain just out of your reach for a while.

Are you being assertive and positive enough? Or are you using aggressive, bullying tactics to no avail?

Do not misuse your authority.

If you have requested help from a strong, successful man don't let him bully you - he either helps or leaves you to get on with things yourself.

And finally..

>The Hanged Man

You will in time know what decision to make about who or what must be given up. This is a time of passage from one phase of your life to another.

It may be a difficult choice, and self-sacrifice is never easy, but if you look for truth and integrity and don't be too materialistic or hang onto things or people for all the wrong reasons, everything will turn out in your favour.

'Reply hazy. Try again later.'

My character killed his own father.

Could you read my fortune?

Surprisingly, most of his immediate family is still alive. The only exception is his biological paternal Grandfather, who got killed while adventuring before the character's father was even born.

His paternal grandmother taught him how to read and write in Common.
His mother taught him to read and write in Elvish.
His maternal Great-Grandfather taught him the other languages he knows, with the exception of 'reading' lips, which he picked up on his own.

>To qualify to become a mystic theurge, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
>Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 3 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 3 ranks.
>Spells: Able to cast 2nd-level divine spells and 2nd-level arcane spells.

>Spell Sage (Wizard)
>Spell Study (Su): At 2nd level...once per day, a spell sage can spontaneously cast any spell on the bard, cleric, or druid spell list as if it were a wizard spell he knew and had prepared. The casting time for this spell is 1 full round per spell level of the desired spell (using the lowest spell level if the spell is on more than one of the spell lists indicated above) and requires expending two prepared spells of that
spell level or higher; if the spell’s casting time is normally 1 full round or longer, this time is added to the spell sage’s casting time. For example, if a spell sage wants to use spell study to cast cure light wounds (cleric spell level 1st), he must spend 2 full rounds casting and expend two prepared wizard spells of 1st level or higher.

So, does this mean a Spell Sage 3 can take Mystic Theurge as a prestige without multiclassing?

No.

You think the odds of success for the Skill check are in your favor. They are not.

Do not open the door.

When she asks you to do something, say yes. You do not wish to find out what happens when you say no.

You're not *really* casting a divine spell, you're casting an arcane spell that's the equivalent of the divine spell, even if it's kind of blurry.
Even if you could take Mystic Theurge through this it's not like you have a divine spellcasting class to take advantage of so you'd just end up being a Wizard who can prepare CLW as a 2nd level spell.

No, because he still casts those spells 'as wizard spells', which means they're arcane.

Normal PCs are 20, she is 25.

>i'd just increase the PB of every NPC to 25
What's the point of 10 being average if you just change that? Why should the average modifier be +1.5 (in this case it's be around there)?

>as if it were a wizard spell

This is the preventative clause. Also, because you are just a wizard and dont have any divine casting class you would miss out on half the abilities already.

>or indulge it anyway.

But what if I want to indulge it with you?

My parents are fine.
Wife though divorced me, married my best friend who she was porking like a filthy human everyday I was away on a deployment.

My daughter loves her step dad because he is actually home. Why do you think I took up this life? Alimony sucks! I need the undocumented income. An elf soldier's pay isn't that great when your mind rank officer

ayy

It's mostly based on this.
youtu.be/ZDwJoNOL8Fg

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

>You will never have a ritualistic MMFMM gangbang with a fat-chested dusky priestess

How's the pay, and can I be paid under the table? I have a little problem with the ex.

Only if you can survive the maze.

Donations are preferred but they all pay, in time.

Is it okay if the same thing happens with catfolk? Or kitsune?

I don't see why not!

Will you ever get a better design? You look like overproduced garbage, in all of your stages.

I'm sorry nobody wanted to play your 15 PB Core only game user, but that doesn't mean you have to sperg at me for it.

>Fucks mother and stepdaughter.

You have my attention.

I am afraid the superior Nippon hikkikomori penis, jerked off over a thousand times, is too strong. What can any female character do to prevail against such an army?

>What can any female character do to prevail against such an army?

Talk to them!

Legit even Heaven's Hole is more attractive desu

Nice projection there.

You're the one who comes to /pfg/ to sperg about /pfg/ laddie

Get a better designer. God, it's so much fucking garbage, you can't even tell who it's supposed to be, not even a vague clue. Every inch of your design has something stupid on it. If you're losing to some weak nerds limp dick you aren't worth the mana it cost to make you.

Scherazarde
You know it to be true

Nefertiti maybe?

And you're the one taking the obvious bait.

More like Nefertitty ifyouknowwhatimsayin

I just wanted to post the webm desu

The majority of the community plays at 20PB. More play at 25 than 15. Anything other than these three are an anomaly though.

You're probably right, and it makes me want to vomit.

Please god no.

>tfw we're stuck with garbage for Scherazarde
pls no

>Says the man projecting his rape victim oppai loli fetish

Kinda blown away, you earned your (you) this time, faggot.

To be fair pic related and >A++ Riding are pretty vague too. Miyamoto's only hint is >two swords, and A++ Riding could honestly have been just about any genderbent saint, or just any female saint period.

Though that poses an interesting question: how would a PC qualify for a servant class?

Couldn't you just use one of those fancy schmancy Occult classes to approximate the Master/Servant relationship?

Thank you, my best bait so far. Other barely get me one (you)

Level 10+, mythic ranks preferred. If you have some sort of tragic downfall or die heroically and people talk a lot about you post death that's pretty much a guarantee.

Fucking Giles got a free pass at being one of the more powerful servants so.

Giles, to be fair, is really just using a Major Artifact.

Rate but it shows how low the bar can be set. It's not entirely about how great you are and how much you can shape the world with your own two fists. Some become servants because of their personal power and others become servants because a bad luck, fate or simply building up a reputation that the reality did not live up to.

Everyone from my village is fucking dead, I was a lone wanderer until I met my gang in a tavern.
His adoptive family taught him.
Now he's blind so he can't read anymore.

Can a flag be attached to a Fauchard for the Flagbearer feat?

Character is an Orc-Bloodline Hobgoblin Sorcerer, currently in exile.

His mother (an enslaved she-Orc) may or may not be alive. He's not sure, he hasn't seen her since he was a toddler.
His father (a Hobgoblin Sub-Commander) died in combat before he reached maturity.

His only living relative is his paternal uncle, who is the General of their community. He plans to one day murder his uncle by burning him alive.

Should a wizard wear stiletto heels to threaten an area and help flank while keeping hands free?

Why does wearing stiletto heels help your friends flank with you?

Does it allow other weapons than a lance?

"a 4-foot-by-6-foot rectangle with loops that can fit over a spear haft or pole running up one side. If mounted on a longspear or pole at least 8 feet in length, the banner shifts in appearance to match the heraldry or coat of arms of the person who attached it."

"pole" sounds like it could classify as any piercing reach weapon.

Any polearm I would say. Spear, quarterstaff, longspear, anything with a haft.

I am guessing that you would need to have them in your hands to use them as an improvised weapon, otherwise it's just improved unarmed weapon.

Should elves, gnomes, tieflings etc be vulnerable to Cold Iron?

Have you ever been kicked or have had your foot stepped on with the heel of a Stiletto on by someone wearing said Stilettos? It fucking hurts, man.

No, not my cup of tea and I tend to stay out of clubs that have people who wear those. But rules pretty much state that unless it specifically says that "It let's you use X as a weapon" and even then those don't usually threaten. Improved Unarmed means you can kick, knee, belly bump and whatnot and Catch-Off guard let's you treat improvised weapons as something not improvised. So unless you are wearing those heels on your arms you are not threatening, otherwise everybody wearing boots would threaten.

No stilletos in the middle ages or renaissance.

Last day for Ensoulment!
When will the picks will come in?

1. Does Weird Words from Sound Striker Bard get any damage from other effects, such as Point Blank and Inspire Courage?

2. How do I use Inspire Courage while also using Weird Words? It seems like a really neat combination.

>actually go check to see when the golem handbook an user mentioned will come out
>motherfucking NOVEMBER 2017
>I get to wait until the end of the year before seeing whether paizo can actually validate my horrible choices

At least there will hopefully be done fun (and laughably edgy) stuff in the meantime, like Book of the Damned, Blood of the Coven, Antihero's handbook, and a book I'm sure EVERYONE is hyped for: Blood of the Seas. What shit is everyone else hype for? Besides starfinder, at least.

Less than 7 hours to go. Will there be any last second meme apps?

Elemental Master's Handbook. Gimme more blasting options, dammit!

I'm the DM of the Kal'vortun campaign. Can you read my fortune too?

Stilettos in Avistan, it seems. Are you ready for an exciting new meta of high-heel sorceresses with corsets and courtesan's outfits, or busty bedazzled bards with dancer's gear?

Will Tuvarkz ever recover from the e-begging BTFO?

I'm still surprised someone actually did that.

It just takes a quick google.

This is why you don't use the same name for everything, kids.
It's still pretty disgusting that shit like this is happening. Games were the worst thing to happen to /pfg/ period.

Look, I'm not proud of some things I did, that included.
On the other hand, my DotA2 winrate is positive dotabuff.com/players/114645902

>Peruvian with a positive winrate
I call fake.

I'm with you, my friend. I've been wanting to make a proper golemancer for years now, but Paizo just doesn't support it. Hell, 3.5 only supported it if you went for a horde artificer, and artificer was arguably more broken than even Wizard.

How would one Paladin in the Land of the Linnorm Kings?