hackernoon.com/iota-vs-raiblocks-413679bb4c3e

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/iota-vs-raiblocks-413679bb4c3e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a well written article.

(AAAH MY LINK etc)

Raiblocks will go to Andromeda jesus...

This was a nice part:
picture a scenario where we reach 75 billion IoT devices by 2025.
Let’s forget, to keep things simple, that there will be billions of people owning cryptocurrencies by 2025.
Therefore, let’s also assume that these IoT devices own all the crypto (Skynet!?). Now, let’s make a few calculations. The average amount of crypto that will be shared among these future 75 billion devices will be on the order of 37 thousand IOTA (or 37 kIOTA) or 1.78 sextillion raw RaiBlocks.
From this, we can see that there will be much more flexibility in the transactional sense for RaiBlocks than for IOTA. This leads me to think that RaiBlocks could very well dominate the IoT space in the coming years,
unless IOTA upgrades their protocol to either increase the max supply or allow for divisible IOTAs.

Good article, i'd have to agree the 2nd layer implmentations are worthless and still does not solve the existing problem

alright im won over
looks like it mooned recently, whats the best entry to buy

there is no contest

IOTA
RAIBlocks literally uses a Tangle lmao

It's like comparing ERC20 tokens to Ethereum

and what exchange, never heard of the ones its listed on

Never mind the fact that each Miota is divisible by 1,000,000 and they have said that it can be divided further. Or the fact that IOTA is quickly becoming an interest by major corporations. Buy yeah, keep fuding.

is 250 going to be enough? i got in at .80cent , sold at roughly 4. made few ez buck and moar free iotas. looks like the new floor is above a dollaroo or 2

Raiblocks is a joke backed by one of the biggest marketing street teams I have ever seen in crypto. shill shill shill.. every forum, thread, chatroom, social, discord.. they suck though, pretty easy to spot.

Absolute horseshit. Minerless cryptos are a meme and without exceptions centralized currencies, meaning they are not crypto at all.

It's not even close to a 'deal of the century'.
Rai is a shitcoin while iota is a scam. That of course doesn't in any way matter in the current market.

Fundamentally there's no way to stop spam that kills the network without blocks. That's shared by both coins. Dynamic fees are a must.
In addition, both have the problem that they are horrifically inefficient in terms of bandwidth and computation used in verifying transactions. Blocks are better because many transactions share a single packet and a single parent (previous block).
If only for that reason normal blockchains are way better for IoT.

What happened is that iota team is very good at creating hype and marketing to clueless execs wanting to get on the 'blockchain' hype train, and they successfully memed 'tangle' as something that's new and therefore better (it isn't). Turned out iota is so fucked it hardly works even with the coordinator so raiblocks started rising.

BitGrail is awesome, theres eth ltc and other cypto pairs on it

So much fucking fud. Guys, if you want to just buy and hold and in a year two make a shitttt ton of money, buy a giota. There's a reason major players are on board. If you don't believe that just look up "United Nations IOTA."

salty brainlet

nobody cares that there will come more new assets to build IoT infrastructure ?

The max supply of IOTA is 2,779,530,283,277,761 IOTAs(or roughly 2.8 quadrillion IOTAs).

Its like you didnt even read the article

no one believes iota """partnerships""" anymore except you. kys

Are you just going to sit and wait for something new or support the current technology and jump on the new when/if the time comes

Uh, it doesnt use tangle.

>assuming IOTA zealots can understand what's written

Im not sure what to do im poor as shit, i got 130 Miota, 65 rai, and 150 of the oyster pearls gunna shill these puppies. but im so tempted to sell them when the price is right and then buy back in when bitcoin is fucked.

>There's a reason major players are on board.

Kek. Top management of any large player is usually completely clueless. If you use the right buzzwords you can shill them anything.

t. wanted to build a product atop IOTA and found what load of shit it is.

Mined cryptos are already falling victim to centralization which brings manipulation, collusion and fraud with it.

>If only for that reason normal blockchains are way better for IoT.

This guy gets it.
The idea that an IoT device must do a proof of work is retarded, because an IoT device does not have energy to do the proof of work. It makes much more sense to pay the miner to secure the transaction.
And RaiBlocks is even worse than IOTA, because it's proof of work is too expensive to be run on embedded systems.
On the other hand a proof of work which can be run on embedded systems will be too weak, and anyone with a GPU would be able to double-spend at will.

You seem angry at technology, thats irrational, why bring emotion into business, people like you always make wrong decisions having blind faith in one thing they invested.

whats this difference between rai and bytball?

>hackernoon.com/iota-vs-raiblocks-413679bb4c3e

lol dont shill this to Veeky Forums they literally wont get in until its 5 bil

Yup, I dont know why I even bother with them, see you in the future RaiBro

Just read the comments... lots of "great article!" and two nitpicking iota zealots, namely Sushruth M Gowda and Kam Kudla
>pajeets love IOTA

I'm afraid as soon as a Raiblocks market is open on a major exchange (if that ever happens) and a more representative amount of volume is introduced, the current price is gonna plummet.

Lol, no. This is a 10x coin easily.

thats idiocy, lots of people arent buying until it hits a major exchange. It's all longterm hodlers here, most are slowly taking profit no one is dumping.

>brainlet

could be more. good devs [x] potential [x] new stuff [x] not hyping random nonsensical worthless partnerships[x]

That`s the case for IOTA but not for XRB. Raiblocks have a very small PoW that is just enough to make spam attacks unfeasible.

"A malicious entity could send many unnecessary but valid transactions between accounts under its control in an attempt to saturate the network. With no transaction fees they are able to continue this attack indefinitely. However, the PoW required for each transaction limits the transaction rate the malicious entity could generate without significantly investing in computational resources. Even under such an attack in an attempt to inflate the ledger, nodes that are not full historical nodes are able to prune old transactions from their chain; this clamps the storage usage from this type of attack for almost all users."

IOTArds btfo
enjoy your scam coin w malicious code embedded kek

RaiBlocks going $10 before eoty

Nevermind Bosch announcing they were buying a considerable amount.

>That`s the case for IOTA but not for XRB. Raiblocks have a very small PoW that is just enough to make spam attacks unfeasible.

That doesn't work because the difficulty is constant.
There's no difficulty that makes spam infeasible while making transactions practical.
Even right now raiblocks takes several seconds to generate a transaction on a modern pc, using one core though, yes?
Port their algorithm to a gpu + few powerful gpu instances on amazon and you can saturate 100MBps bandwidth.

The difficulty to spam can't be constant, that's how spam prevention in dynamic blockchains work. They grow based on past usage but slowly, which means spam fees quickly grow >10x.

>this clamps the storage usage from this type of attack for almost all users."

The attack is not against storage but bandwidth

XRB > BTC > BTC CLONES > IOTA

XRB doesnt have the ability to transfer data

Iota does.

/thread faggots

I love IOTA but why can't it be more like RAI
>it's constantly fucking taking dump

Music to my ears

#16 exchange, 300mil daily volume. You have no excuse

this

TL;DR IOTA Shilling