This man approaches your party...

This man approaches your party, offering you a good deal of money and a place to stay in exchange for helping to clear out the ruins on his large estate. What does your party do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehVjReIo8T4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How much?

Leave and find a DM who writes his own material.

You'll have to look for a long, long time then.

Sure, I'm in. Ask for how much is paid and whether there are any benefits. Then pick a whore and come out of the brothel only once a week for work.

Salvage rights? Enemy mech composition?

I remind him that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

Darkest Dungeon is pretty stupid.

Its more for people to get off on their Masochism than actually play a good game, there are some really pointless gameplay mechanics added in there for literally no reason but to make things "hardcore".

We haven't fought anything in the past 5 sessions, so we'd gladly accept just for a chance to punch things.

We are not miners.

What is better, Mobile Suits or Battletech mechs?

You sound like someone who runs Occultist as main healer

>The game features an actual eldritch monstrosity hell-bent on destroying all life
>The Ancestor is somehow even less sympathetic

>Sure, I'm in. Ask for how much is paid and whether there are any benefits.

Use all the facilities of the city for free, gain upgraded gear and training, even buy your supplies for you. You'll also get a nice big gravestone if you die.

If you return alive but are too fucked,
too expensive to fix, you are kicked the fuck out without a second thought.

I think killing the same boss again and again gets dull.

Dull describes the game pretty well, monotonous works as well.

I like both but understand the reality that they will never be practical.

That said it's hard to beat being a 100 ton stompy cutthroat who has to worry about space AT&T assassinating him.

"Clear out" as in "deal with the shit lurking inside."

There may, however, be some light mining as well.

I roll to stab him

Yeah, the shit he did was pretty bad, and it's only made worse by the fact that his motivation for it was basically "I'm bored, let's do some spooky occult shit."

You mean morally bad, right? Because his motivation is hillarious and yet somehow, I still kind of believe a vaguely French 16th Century nobleman got bored enough to summon Cthulhu and have Vampire fuck party's.

because the ancestor is a major fucking douchebag.

The fact that he, a regular human, did all this shit (including subduing a vampire countess, most likely with his dick) is actually admirable.

Your weapon passes through the illiusion

Vampires are shit, even more played out than zombies and at least people don't wank out over those walking corpses as much. And of course these are the super infectious kind that spread vampirism easier than malaria...

I roll to seduce him.
Either way, I whip out my dick.
Balls in your court wizard

I don't think you even need to roll, at this point it's canon he'll fuck anything with a hole.

Morally bad, yes.

Should I buy the DLC? I hear it's cancer.
Vestal is for pansies.

You went with the game this far and are only NOW worried about cancer?

It's good imo. I like the new stuff. It probably needs to be tuned a bit more.

I've always really wanted to run a PC like the Abomination; people who can turn into big monsters really tickle my pickle.

It's pretty alright. But FUCK the curse is annoying, and the bosses are pushovers.

The actual Crimson Court area's a a bitch to do. They say level one and short, but then throw a damn near 200hp enemy that can self heal you have to fight at you.

I was a little mad.

>Darkest Dungeon
>bad
I thought people being terrible at this game was just a meme. I beat the game with only three deaths, does that mean I just got super lucky?

The first time I saw it, I immediately noped out. I think that's what you are supposed to do.

>there are some really pointless gameplay mechanics added in there for literally no reason but to make things "hardcore"
Like?

I killed it with bleed. Lots of BLEED! BLEEEEED!!!

The Crimson Curse I guess, but that's all I can really think of.

Welp, I feel dumb.

>Crimson Curse
Well I haven't played the DLC yet, so I wouldn't know.

The only thing I could think of making it "hardcore" is the stress mechanic itself, but that;s in no way "for no reason", the game is fucking centered around it

Does it need to not be a giant crater afterwards?

Post best music
youtube.com/watch?v=ehVjReIo8T4
>2:44 starts playing

There's also the heart attack mechanic, I guess, which still isn't that bad.

Crimson Curse actually makes your dudes more badass, but requires you to feed them with THE BLOOD all the time.

Stress would be a little pointless if there were no actual downsides to it

they each have their moments

There already are though. Mind I'm not against the heart attack mechanic as an even more severe progression of that downside, just that I can see someone being against it as "pointless".

does anyone have a mega for the whole ost?

>"pointless".
Just realized how passive aggressive that looks. I meant it referencing people who are shitting on the idea, not you.

Oops.

You can disable that now, I think

Battletech is cool, but I kinda like the flexibility and variety of mobile suits more. Battletech never really has any cool features to them, they're just different shapes. More importantly, those different shapes come with no consistency. You could have a mech with a massive shoulder mounted cannon that's just a large laser or maybe a PPC on one version while the same mech fits that same armament into his tiny left torso with 3 other weapons.

Corpses

DEUS VULT!

How does that make things "hardcore"?
It just makes it so that you're required to think about what you do

>vampires are even more played out than zombies
We're still getting zombie videogames but vampires are more played out?
Are you joking?

You mean those things that are easy to get rid of, don't show up of you kill the enemy with a DOT or crit, and can be turned off?

Don't take the bait famalama

As far as power levels go I'd say mobile suits. Mostly because of Unicorn.

Before we begin, we need to know exactly what amount of collateral damage is acceptable here.

I guess twilight was the end for vampires, anything after that is trite shit.

I want either another Blade or Vampire hunter D to come out, preferably both.

The DLC is good overall but has ups and downs.

Pros:
The new trinkets are wild and tell you more about the heroes.
The new class Flagellant is the frontline hero I always wanted.
Town Upgrades are nice.

Cons:
The new class Flagellant is overpowered. (may be considered a pro by some)
The new enemies are CANCER (Lots of reasons why, but basically they're very overtuned in general).
These CANCEROUS new enemies spread to every other dungeon so you are never ever safe.
The Crimson Curse is far too frequent (every CC enemy has a chance to inflict it on most attacks) and spends most of its time as a penalty you can't get rid of, while being strong in uncontrollable bursts. Causes a lot of random stress events.
The actual CC areas are mostly gotcha material, lots of aimless wandering not knowing what you're looking for, all while fighting the most imbalanced enemies in the game.

Huh actually this is mostly cons... I must not like CC as much as I thought.

Well, you can just enable Flagellant and not the actual CC material. That's a pretty cool option.

>no heart attacks
>get afflicted
>"well guess that hero can just get stressed forever now with literally no downside, no need to think about a major mechanic now"

The game lets you enable it later too if you want which is also pretty cool

The Darkest Dungeon itself. It strips out all the stuff that makes most of the game interesting, like traps, curios, etc. All the stuff that tempts you to take risks and press forward. And it replaces it with a long slog that confuses difficulty with opportunities to see the functional equivalent of a Game Over screen, and grind with compelling gameplay. The only redeeming feature the game's titular region has is that each mission has some elaborate features that strongly encourage certain classes, forcing you to diversify your choices for each one.

Reminder that a maxed-out Wyrd Reconstruction combined with the Arbalest's bandaging ability gives massive healing.

I'd say the mosquito theme DD decided to go with is pretty refreshing

why upgrade Reconstruction to the 2 pt bleed level and beyond?

The reward doesn't match the risk.

It gives +1 max possible heal and doubles in potential damage from 3 to 6. That's a shit deal.

Dude. When it works, it's a life-saver.

Also I played DD a long time ago, but there are some gear that improve it further. I need to reinstall the game along with the DLC.

>2:44 starts playing

Friendly reminder.

I wanted to rip off DD for a western marshes game. Even used a couple of tunes from the game, I was especially happy with the campfire theme as the party was knee deep in shit and resting up inside coinsandscrollsguy's Tomb of Serpent Kings. My entire proposition was "you're all on this island for reasons of your own but you're all adventurers and that's your motivation. No brooding, no bullshit. This guy will finance part of your shit, in return you bring back deeds and other material clearing up ownership rights."

>inb4 nofun gm
I've had brooding before and I'm never allowing it again

It's never going to have a second session but I had a lot of fun doing that one session.

This is so great. As I read it I could hear the narration in my mind like I was playing the game at the very moment.