How do your wands work? Who makes them? How do they make them? How do they aid in magic...

How do your wands work? Who makes them? How do they make them? How do they aid in magic? Are they a neccessity or an accessory? Can normal people use them?

Bump
Nobody's got interesting wands?

Wands act as one of many type of foci used to help concentrate one's ability to enforce their will, i.e use magic.

The short summary of how magic works in my setting is that you impose your will upon reality and command it in such a way to accomplish something it couldn't or wouldn't normally do. However, no human can simply will something to happen and therefore have to rely on a system of "signs and rituals" to focus the willpower enough for it to have noticable effect. This can range from doing a certain chant or a specific way the old witch woman uses to make her potions with particular herbs to scholarly wizards having to write out a complex equation to infuse a statue with a motive force.

This can assume any number of forms so wands arn't the only way one can focus their powers.

>hp wand designs 2
None of those could pass for Harry Potter wands.

Does the wand have any special/magical qualities that aid in the focusing of will, or is it just the symbolism that helps rather than the object itself?

My wands are the severed and carefully preserved genitalia of various magical species.

Though the preservation itself has a factor in the potency of the magic they can cast, the true measure is the magical ability of the creature itself. The mummified dick of an ancient Archmage is far more powerful than the shriveled member of a common peasant (although the Genevatalia Convention of the Third Age forbids the harvesting of dicks from sentient species, lest the vengeance of dragons and giants consume us all).
Many a brave wizard has met his end attempting to cut the rare Corkscrew Cock of the Dire Duck, or the mighty Hectocotylus of the Argonauts, or even the Quadruple-pointed Staff of Echidna, lover of Typhon and mother-father of all beasts.

Attuning to these wands is a lengthy, girthy process, but it helps if you have a personal connection with the penis, are descended by it, or were the original severer.
Many a noble family keeps the desiccated cocks of their ancestors, to be past down generation after generation, added to with each passing century. Many a fallen noble crouches in the gutters, having sold everything but the one thing he cannot bear to part with: his great-great grandfather's flaky dong.
A coven of witches lie in the east reaches, sinister and forever cursed. To join them is to betray your own husband and remove his jobblies with a sickle while he sleeps. Their numbers swell every year.
Foremost feared in the Celestial Empire to the west, is the Bodyguard Castratum: powerful mages who sliced off their own meat and two veg, and wield their own rubbery ones to protect their emperor. Their attunement is unmatched, a fitting reward for the ultimate sacrifice.

The ancient scriptures talk of an age of darkness known as "The Severing", when the art of wand-making was discovered. All races erupted into total war, reckless and wild in their hunger for magical cock. Man fought Elf, Elf fought Dwarf, Dwarf fought Man, and Man fought other Men, desperate to slice off as big a piece of the dick-pie as they could before someone got theirs. It was not an age of heroes. It was savage genocide.
Storms raged and the heavens roared as dragons and giants fought a war of their own. Legends are told of Glaugondofil Storm-Cock the Golden Dragon, who earned his title when he bit mighty Taur's enormous schlong clean off, or of Mrand's Rainbow, the ten embalmed penises, one from each color and chroma of dragon, the resting place of which has been sought for millenia.

You go into a lot of detail about dick-wands, but you do just use the term "genitalia" at first... could a mage, in principle at least, create magical implements from female genitalia?

Tit-orbs? Labia amulets?

Clit-rings too

In the end, the gods themselves were forced to descend from on high to end the fighting. They decreed that cock-wand-magic was not meant for mortals, and would be forbidden to them.
Mortals, dragons and giants and men and elves and dwarves, looked to the sky and, as one, rose against the gods, using their now forbidden arts to overpower the gods themselves and cut their dicks off.
The owners of those fourteen almighty god-cocks have made great towers of them, like veiny, throbbing mountains. Attuning to them has taken thousands of years and granted them immortal life, but it is a cursed life, a cock-life. Their minds have long since broken from the strain of godhood.
Now they sit in their high dick towers, endlessly plotting against one another. No mortal has seen them in living memory, for stepping foot within seven miles of a tower will bring a man's tonker to life, detaching itself to run free as their owners chase after them wailing before invariably bleeding to death.

You. I like you.

This is satire of the highest caliber, someone fukken screencap this.

I wasn't sold at first but It got a lot better when i saw you put more effort into it. 8/10 post. I bleach my mind with copious amounts of booze now though.

I can't tell if this was thought up on the spot for shits and giggles or if this is legit someone's setting. I feel like I should be offended by it, but the detail is...admirable.

Archive this shit please

Well this isn't quite the thread direction I had in mind, but it's better than nothing I suppose

Beyond what particular symbolism and significance it has to the user. Then again I have introduced the idea that there are certain materials that are good for focusing but beyond that it's tied to the deep belief of the wielder.

Im glad i looked at this, i just wanted an idea for my players one spellcaster and this is much better than i had ever hoped.

The use of female genitalia is less developed and researched, although there are certainly practitioners of the art. The clitoris is the most potent form, although those of human females are generally held to be too small for effective use outside of gnome and fairy sorcerors.
The Felgris Archmages have been known to commune with the Pearls of Aganthur, ancient artifacts claimed from five powerful witch giantesses. One burns with inner fire, and cannot be quenched even with the most potent Staffs of Vibration. One is freezing to the touch, and must be constantly polished to keep the frost from creeping back. One is light and bubbly and easy to work with, one is stone and you can never really quite get it there, you know?
The last and most feared waxes wroth with static and lightning and passive-aggressive energy. You start working with that, it's really the one working and you're just along for the ride. But it's crazy, man. It's fuckin crazy.

Were the giants to learn of the continued existence of the Pearls of Aganthur, the Felgris Archmages would in an instant, be no more.

You are a treasure

Deep in the bowels of the earth, the dark Necromancer spends hours lost in the Brown Eye of Rectalia, an exquisitely preserved asshole through which, it is said, one can perceive the universe in its entirety.

(I've got a campaign to DM so that's the end of these, but I'm glad my work is appreciated.)

Your work shall live on in countless campaigns of questionable serioussness.

This, uh... this was on the spot.

I saw this
and felt challenged.

I know mine are pretty boring, I was the one who posted I guess in my head what I was going for is the idea that magic items are unique to everyone because it affects your ability to focus your magic sort of like in stories where the evil wizard is useless without his wand or his hat or something that can be taken away and render them powerless.

The idea came from WoD with the demon worshipping vampires who have a high level discipline that literally allows them to summon demons but they are so conditioned that they have to do shit like sacrifice 50 babies on the 12 equinox or something silly like that even though literally they could just do it and the description of the skill even says as such.