XLM continuing it's steady rise, remains safe bet against crashing

XLM continuing it's steady rise, remains safe bet against crashing.

>JAKARTA, Indonesia, Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Pundi X, a cryptocurrency point-of-sale ("POS") solutions provider for retail stores, today announced that it has partnered with Stellar.org, a Silicon Valley non-profit organization that supports the Stellar network, an open-source blockchain network that provides interoperability between financial institutions and different payment systems.

>Under the agreement, Pundi X will integrate with the Stellar protocol to become an Indonesian Rupiah anchor on the network, enabling businesses and individuals to send and receive cross-border payments faster and at a lower cost. Additionally, Pundi X will start to support Stellar's native currency Stellar Lumens (XLM) in its cryptocurrency POS solution platform.

markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/Pundi-X-Integrates-with-the-Stellar-Network-to-make-Indonesian-Rupiah-cross-border-payments-faster-and-less-costly-1011748489

Don't miss your chance!
>$0.24
>I'll buy the dip
>$0.50
>I'll buy the dip
>$1.00
>REEE

Other urls found in this thread:

emptybucket.co.uk/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-stellar-lumens-according-to-ibm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>verified my IDs three times
>Fuckbase still won't release my ETH transfer
>every other exchange has either turned off verification, or registration entirely
>just keep watching the price tick up penny after penny

This is the most comfy coin i've all-in'd on for a while

Stellar
Sticking with the theme that blockchain is king, one under-the-radar cryptocurrency you should be following is Stellar (formerly Stellar Lumens), and its coin, the XLM. This is a virtual currency that holds true to its name, as the XLM has been "stellar" this year with a 10,400% year-to-date gain.

Stellar's focus is similar to that of Ripple: building financial products for transactions around the globe. In other words, it's targeting enterprise clients with high volumes of cross-border transactions. But whereas Ripple is sinking its teeth into big banks and financial-service companies, Stellar is looking at servicing multinational corporations that conduct billions in revenue outside of their home country. Stellar's blockchain suggests that cross-border payments could settle in just two-to-five seconds.

What's more, Stellar also incorporates smart contract protocols into its blockchain. Though they aren't exactly the same as Ethereum's, they nonetheless are an attractive addition for enterprise customers.

In October, Stellar announced a partnership with IBM (NYSE:IBM) and KlickEx to facilitate quicker cross-border transactions. IBM generates tens of billions of dollars from global clients, signaling that this could be Stellar's opportunity to prove the value of its blockchain to other multinationals. Currently, a dozen banks in the South Pacific region are deploying this project, with IBM expected to scale the project beyond this region if it's successful.

5 Things You Need To Know About Stellar Lumens According To IBM

1. IBM and Stellar have a common purpose to fix a genuine problem and they are determined to stick together to make this happen
2. Stellar Lumens (XLM / STR) is already active and being used in very practical ways. Volume will only increase as more partnerships are announced. Results will be seen very soon – Q1 2018.
3. It is steps ahead of Bitcoin as it is already compliant with regulations
4. It has a proven model unlike Ethereum as it already has the unique technology to issue any asset directly
5.XLM allows for any financial instrument to be transferred as a type of ‘money’ to anyone in the world, for free, instantly, and in any currency. This is not just automation, it is revolutionary.

emptybucket.co.uk/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-stellar-lumens-according-to-ibm/

While Bitcoin has contributed the following:
>Stores, proves possession and transmits value
>Converts real-world resource (electricity) into a digital asset
>Provides an immutable public record solving the double spend problem

Stellar Lumens solves the remaining problems by:
>Digitally representing existing currencies and assets
>Making payments interoperable across institutions and currencies
>Providing a highly scalable system with 3-5 seconds to confirm transactions
>In other words, Bitcoin was designed to be a new currency, not to be a unifying universal payment network.

From an investor’s perspective, XLM will be used in every transaction so demand for XLM units will increase.

“XLM is used to settle cleared transactions for FX. Fiat currency is buying XLM (and vice-versa) as part of FX transactions. It will work something like this: Person A, who has USD, wants to pay a farmer (Person B) in Fiji, who wants Fiji Dollars. Person A tells their institution to execute that transfer of value. The institution debits their USD account based on the quote from USD -> XLM -> FJD, and sends XLM to the recipient institution, who then chooses to hold their XLM for other transactions or immediately sell them to a market maker. This is the first step to creating a world where excess capital, in whatever denomination, can be used to invest in any other jurisdiction.”

“However, it doesn’t stop at FX only. The purpose is for a clearing ledger that not only clears FX transactions, but really, any transaction resulting in a transfer of value. So think cash for securities or t-bills for asset-backed assets. Any financial instrument can be used as ‘money’. IBM’s vision is to allow the legal, safe, compliant payment using any asset for any asset globally.”

“XLM is one of the assets on Stellar. It’s also used to ‘pay’ for transactions on the network. So XLM has 1) value and 2) utility. There will be other assets. So, for example, let’s say that a fictional island nation called Stellarisle has a central bank, and that central bank wants to issue currency assets on Stellar. In that case, Stellar is used, and XLM is used to power those transactions for those assets, even though XLM isn’t directly used as the settlement mechanism. It doesn’t matter if XLM is the settlement mechanism. Rather what really matters is 1) the safest settlement mechanism is used for two transacting parties, and 2) XLM is still used even as a utility.

What do you think we can expect from market growth?
Seeing that it's one of the low grade altcoins with 4.1B market cap, how much farther up can it go?
If it hits a 10x, it'll be right up next to Ripple.
How will this shift as more ICOs and the overall cryptomarket grow?

I dunno man, I'm in XLM and it hasn't been too great thus far. I guess I got in at the worst time, I am definitely down right now. Still.

Seriously considering going all in on XLM, I won't get major moons or anything, but it'll steadily go up

All the coins for XLM are pre-mined so the supply is huge right now.

It'll be hard to get rich off this coin without a serious investment. It would need a $10T market cap to hit $100 and $100T to hit 1,000.

True, but right now its cap is 4B, Ripple is 40B and Bitcoin is ~250B, how much more do you need than 10x or 50x??

Got 15k usd in this bad boy, let's hodl

>dealing in absolute price points
normies please leave

This guy has the point. If magically, an eighth of BTCs holders decide to bail and buy XLM for it's network utilities or something, then XLM's price is going up 10x.

If it hits 20-40 bucks at its peak then it's still worth putting money into now, no matter how little of them you can afford. It's more of a comfy coin for people to get into without the stress of daytrading. While you can obviously make more in the short term by daytrading, you can also lose more than you'd make just hodling xlm.

Sorry boys, my hands got weak and I cashed out over 10 %. XLM is not safe from the BTC bubble, no alt is, we saw that yesterday. XLM is literally the best long-term hold, but until it gets there I'm predicting major bloodpath

Xlm is moving towards decoupling from BTC all together. In January xlm will be available for purchase directly with fiat or debit/credit cards. This will be another layer of insulation from BTC.

But that will take a long-ass time. I don't see ANY reason for it to go up in the short term while BTC shits all over itself and more importantly all alts. That's bound to happen. I trust XLM, I sure as hell don't trust BTC

Great coin, OP. I have 178k.

$1 in Q1 2018