Wtf I hate the Horus Heresy® serie now

Wtf I hate the Horus Heresy® serie now

>mfw ADB said this was one of the better HH novels and doesn't deserve the hate it gets

It was so bad, I didn't even finish it. I read it after A Thousand Sons and the depiction of Space Yiffs in that book is fukt.

I literally can't even finish it. Descent of the Angels was bad but at least it had an original setting

*wet leopard growl*

I liked that one World Eater who went full murder isolated and alone on the ship.

I just hope mechanicum is decent

About halfway it becomes really good. But everything until that is horribly boring

I've not read it user; what injustice is done to the wulfs?

Unless you've got a source for that, I'm calling bullshit that he ever said that.

You should have read a few reviews.

It sad but there are really some 0-2/10 books among the series. The majority is a solid 6+ with some really great books in between.

It is. Slow start but gets really interesting

It is don't worry.

It gives a good idea of how the Mechanicus aligned knight houses operate. Also titan on titan action.

Fuck off, he's called it Battle for the Abysmal more than once

What is this book even about, and what makes it terrible?
>t. guy who has not read more than the first three HH books and Flight of the Eisenstein

>What is this book even about
Literally nothing. Lorgar makes a very large ship and a bunch of fuckers set out to destroy it before it can wreck Ultramar. It's completely meaningless because later on they reveal that Lorgar built 3 of the things so he still has 2 to wreck Ultramar with.

>what makes it terrible?
Besides the low/meaningless stakes, it's just plain not written very well. It's not interesting, there are no fun characters, or anything of note. I'm really struggling to remember what I disliked about it, it's all so forgettable.

>caring about 40k lore beyond 3rd edition at the latest

??????

Is Betrayer the best Horus Heresy book?

What? That would hurt his friend's (Ben) feelings though.

this book basically killed HH for me. it was the only one I could get at my college bookstore and as I wasn't sold on the series before (half interested) I saw no need to spend my brokefag monies on black library books

>let me show you something with warp mind majick my ultrafriend
>proceed to show him something that will really help
>wtf do not do that gold man said no you go jail now

I'm still baffled i couldn't finish the Dark Angels books although they were my first army. Muh secrets and a lame ass primarch, a story that never takes off.
Now I just fear the worst for Roboute bc of Cyphers return...

I liked Descent of Angels because the setting and tone was such a change of pace and unlike anything else in the HH series. All the other dark angel HH books are ass though because they were so stuck on setting up medieval fantasy shit that they forgot to make any decent or memorable characters. The lion is dull with his 'gotta keep secrets, don't talk to or trust anybody' gimmick, Zahriel (or whatever his name was) and Luther are pretty boring, and everyone else is a non-entity.