Chaotic Good

>Chaotic Good
Explain this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgrk45stO5A&t=34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

It means you're an anti-authoritarian who resents being held down by unnecessary rules and regulations, but ultimately have the good of others at heart over your own personal comforts whenever it actually matters.

Everything he does is for the greater good of humanity

Exactly this, which begs the question: Why did you post the king of Lawful Evil as your OP?

Even then, he's kind of lawful.

Nasu's alignment system is not predicated on modern day conventional standards of morality or ethics.

"for the greater good" is still one of the most evil phrases ever uttered by man tho

Stop being part of the lesser good then.

>Theres a starving village!
>Steals from a caravan and gives to the villagers

Servant alignments are literally from the standards of the time they were summoned from.

Back then it was might makes right and Gil was the strongest motherfucker around. He was also king, so there's that. He never did anything wrong or evil because everything he did was considered good simply because it was him who did it.

Nasu's world isn't D&D and his alignments are his own to decide.
>LAWFUL INSANE

>Chaotic good (CG) creatures act as their conscience directs, with little regard for what others expect. Copper dragons, many elves, and unicorns are chaotic good.

He's divine enough to actually be entitled to act liek he owns the damn place.

That said, Nasu alignments are not DnD alignments.

The world has a finite, objective amount of badass to go around, and we're overpopulated to the point where even the best of the best are sissy bitches, unfit to wash the feet of the most pitiful Babylonian peasant. Only genocide to the point of 99% depopulation can restore the glory of the human race.

>54096345

He rebelled against the gods because they were bigger dicks and fucked over humanity.

Gilgamesh summoned in modernity isn't Gilgamesh's core self, it's Gilgamesh distorted by a world that literally says "humanity is diluted" as a core mechanic. He's not /wrong/, it's just abhorrent to modern sensibilities. There's a line he says that really makes this clear that boils down to "in my day if you killed somebody the whole tribe noticed, nowadays if you kill a hundred people the world ignores it and moves on."

>Chaotic good
It means you care about helping people and improving their lives or removing a blight from them and damn the laws and regulations that might get in your way.

Pic related. They bust ghosts, the city is in danger and they save the day. EPA regulators show up and try and audit them or whatever and they refuse out of hand because they dislike rules and regulations.

Chaotic good characters are good for cutting through bureaucratic BS, but often cause MASSIVE issues because damnit sometimes those regulations are there for a reason.

This is how I chaotic good

This is how I chaotic good.

Fate is for fags. If I recall correctly Gilgamesh is Lawful Good because he was the authority in his time.

Pic related is the only fitting example that comes to my mind.

Despite this, D&D always fucks up when assigning them alignments.

>city the caravan was resupplying starves
Bravo.

1. Nasu's alignment system is not analogous to a D&D alignment system. Gil is Chaotic Good because he desires to disrupt/change the current state of the world, and good because he feels this is in humanities best interest. The fact that he is an asshole and this would kill lots of people not withstanding.

2. The Gilgamesh encountered in Fate/Stay and the newer anime has been corrupted by the Grail and spending years among present day humanity growing to hate them. It's actually a testament to his strength of will and tremendous ego that he isn't a complete mouth frothing lunatic since he was essentially exposed to all of the worlds evil.

You do good stuff even when people tell you not to.

Whoops.png

look man i'm not god only 3/4ths god now get over here so I can go back to raping you and the rest of my subjects

kinoko nasu a fucking shit and said he's chaotic good

>implying the King of Heroes is anything but Chaotic Good

I liked that Gilgamesh's philosophy in Fate/Zero actually made sense.

GIlgamesh isn't usually evil, just a complete asshole, and an arrogant dick. It was the grail mud that made him actively try to get the grail to remake the world.

People will come in and shitpost this but I unironically agree with you.

F/Z really is great. I feel like the rest of the series falls flat in that regard for a lot of the characters

Zoroastrian grail mud is a hell of a drug

Yeah, pretty much. If it wasn't for that whole "Let's kill 99.99% of humanity because the world changed and I don't like it!" thing, he'd just be a slightly bigger asshole than usual for the Grail War.

He's was trying to save humanity you dimwit. Shirou basically doomed the entire human race to a slow eventual extinction by stagnation and overpopulation.

>Implying I'm wrong

Should have stuck with swords.

"Your loyalty is admirable. Never tarnish it."

What desire did Gilgamesh have to be in the Throne anyways? Bringing back Enkidu? In Fate/Zero he didn't try too hard for the Grail and in strange fake he almost decided to wait until someone strong showed up until Enkidu showed up/

So, your abilities are constrained by the PG-rating of your campaign?
Feels bad, man.

That does seem like the one thing he'd particularly care about.

I'm not a Fate expert, though, I've only played the first game and absorbed stuff via osmosis on here the last thirteen years or so.

I do what I like. And what I like to do is defend the helpless.

I liked how Zero was pretty much everyone taking a turn to shit on Saber

>all of the worlds evil.
liveleak?

Their alignments were probably just based on a combination of the myth and complete nonsense rather than having anything to do with after they're summoned. Also The entire Epic of Gilgamesh could be summarized as "No Gil, don't do it. It isn't worth it!" "Oh yeah, hold my beer". Lawful he is not

I liked how Kerry brought a 9/11 to a wizard duel.

You are in that he would just have killed everyone that much sooner. I don't really know what's still canon in the Nasuverse's far future with all that Moon Cell and Grand Order stuff though

I liked how Rider was the best Servant.

Don't worry, Notes shows that really isn't a problem.

Yes, the grail is basically wikileaks combined with liveleaks combined with world star combined with Veeky Forums combined with tumblr

Generally, he doesn't actually care, which is why he's hilariously useless for anyone who summons him despite being the most powerful because he already has everything he desires, until someone reminds him of Enkidu or he see's that humanity has gone soft

So essentially, Gilgamesh is all about "tough love" and is basically tsundere for humanity>?

If Waver had actually backed down or done anything less than what Gilgamesh expected of a servant to his king (Iskandar), Gilgamesh would have obliterated him for his dishonour.

Winning Gil's respect like that was stone-cold badass.

Basically, humanity needs to break free of Gaia and engage with what is apparently the wider universe beyond. Gil knows what's out there, and he wants humanity to get there. He hates the idea of the modern age, the 9 to 5 workday and people being no more than cogs in the machine of man.

Developing a reality marble like Shirou does is kind of like being allowed to stop being a basement dwelling neckbeard living in somebody else's reality, because now you're able to produce your own.

So did Iskandar's, in a way. Or at least, the "don't regret what you did" part of it. They all had flaws in their philosophies, mind.

The banquet of Kings highlighting the differences between Saber, Rider, and Archer was pretty great.

>tfw ArTOLDria
>tfw pic related

You filthy mongrel. How dare you have such shit taste.

I've only watched Zero and UBW but has Saber experience dick? I assume Guinevere wasn't a reverse trap so...the fuck?

Yes, Saber has experienced dick (mentions it in FSN the novel), and has also experienced having a dick (Merlin gave her a futacock for shits and giggles which subsequently through various shenanigans resulted in her clone-daughter Mordred with Morgan le Fay).

>(Merlin gave her a futacock for shits and giggles
Is Merlin /ourguy/ ?

t. Deontologist retard

He's far more attractive than us.

Yeah he's a pretty cool half-incubus

Helps you bring Tiamat into the underworld and is generally responsible for saving humanity alongside a few other of the absolute top tier servants

King Hassan was still the undisputed best boy of that entire part.

>Saber has experienced dick (mentions it in FSN the novel),
So was it Lancelot,the Black Knight or the dirty savages that killed her?

>Grand Assassin gives up Grand container and is still almost Grand level under his own power anyway
>made the king of kings shit his pants in terror
>made Gawain under full sunlight shit his pants in terror
>completely nullified Excalibur Galatine with a single parry
>his sword rewrites your fate so that your time of death is when he swings it at you, and subsequently wipes your very reason for existence from reality when it kills you just to make sure
>oh, you're a god and can't die, don't worry, he can make you able to die THEN kill you anyway
>"Thou may be a god that has fallen to a beast, but thou art still the primordial mother, so I must reveal my name. From the abyss of the ethereal valley, I came to deliver the dark death. I am the Old Man of the Mountain, Hassan-i-Sabbah. The Evening Bell has called thy name. Let those wings be deprived from you under the mandate of Heaven!"

Hey man, Waver Velvet is pretty much the only Master to come out of that mess of a grail war not only unscathed, but with valuable life experience.

Rider lives on in his heart. Thus, he was the true victor of the grail war.

I think we all know the real victors of that Grail War

Oh absolutely, king Hassan quickly became one of my favorites. Though the number 1 spot will always go to Cu because of his personality and voice

>That glorious BONG of the bell when you use king hassan's NP
It's so good

Yeah, remind me how that went for them in the next war again?

I especially liked Kerry's turn shitting on her, the whole "there is no glory in war" speech was great.

Pretty ok in the best route,
>gil gets eaten
>kirei dies during an abortion debate

It don't matter. They won the last one. I doubt Emiya's going to be a back to back Grail War champ.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgrk45stO5A&t=34s

Based.

He's not but EMIYA could be

Technically 3 times, maybe 4 I don't know if there was a holy grail at the end of ccc because ccc never

That's not the best route though.

>completely nullified Excalibur Galatine with a single parry
You forgot to mention that he did it by swatting it away with his cape.

>kirei dies during an abortion debate from punching a ball of metal spikes
Fixed, but in the best route I'm pretty sure I remembered something about him basically living off Angry Man-Jew goop this whole time and not having much time left. I really hope the upcoming movies do Heaven's Feel justice

It is.
>best climax
>best kirei
>best rin
>best illya
>best saber
>best villain
>most amusing h-scenes

I find it really funny that the final confrontation of Heaven's Feel is fighting a catholic priest for your girlfriend's right to an abortion.

... Now I'm mad because I remembered the Heaven's Feel true ending

But Shirou ends up with worst girl.

>tfw Nasu cucked us out of the ilya route
>And the Rider route
>And the Caster route

At least Rider got some stuff in HA, and I kind of feel fine about shirou not fucking ilya

He also abandons his ideal and lets dozens of innocent people die. And the pacing is pretty shit too.

Honestly, Heaven's Feel would've been way better if he had just cut Sakura out entirely.

Wormsluts flaws make her more suited to be the main heroine to compliment Shirou's flaws even if the others make better waifus. Also the guy you're replying to forgot to say best Rider. I think Heaven's Feel in general made better use of a lot of the cast (aside from the ones only really featured in UBW anyway)

Really meeting Kirei in that restaurant made HF my favorite by far on its own

I found Rin to be a better match with Shirou's flaws, personally, but suit yourself.

HF Normal > HF True.

Correct

She gets Shiro's dick at least for MANA TRANSFER

Since the Hassasin failed to kill Saladin, wouldn't Saladin be the one spirit Hassan cannot kill/

Technically Rashid was his successor, I think.

>his successors all know where he is and can go to ask him for help, but if they do he'll kill them after helping because they aren't worthy of bearing his name if they have to ask for help

This user gets it

Still gets his ass kicked by a tiny little yap dog

I don't feel like digging it out to find out which is which, but the "I waited for you sempai" ending annoys me if only because I don't like the Archer paradox, and him not living after reevaluating his values kind of cheapens it to me even if the happy ending has elements of stupid harem shit

Is there a Fate story where Jubstacheit eats shit? The Heaven's Feel route is basically his fault, as is everything involving Ilya, and the fact that Kerry wasn't able to achieve his dream, and everything involving Angry Manjew in HA.

Every path in Fate leads to his magus line dying with a whimper.
I think in the Prisma Illya timeline Kerry just murders him and goes on to have a family with Iris between doing what he had always done, but that's only implied

But doesn't EMIYA usually get himself killed when he's summoned ?

Prisma Illya

We never see him as the Fourth Beast of Calamity, only that silhouette hinting at his true shape before he gives Mash a human lifespan.

The full form of Primate Murder has still never been seen.

Pic related.

And yes, Prisma is based on an alternate timeline where Kerry and Iri decide "fuck this shit" during the 4th HGW and wipe out the entire Einzbern family. Seems to really be the best possible end they could have reached, ironically.

Wait, which EMIYA?

>the Caster route
You're telling me in another timeline I could have protected her smile?

Mostly because, as a Counter Guardian, EMIYA tends to be summoned into no win situations

EMIYA EMIYA probably, not Kerry EMIYA or Detroit EMIYA.