Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1588: What do I do with all these bees? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/tg/52397371#p52397650
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/tripcode/!CgAnhP3stA/
youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc
youtu.be/_WxSOysowj4
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Magic
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ4FxrlSey8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did the world and your family react when you arrived into the settings fellow jumpers?

Is the Genius: The Transgression jump finished or are there still things to be done with it?

The old man who adopted me as an infant wondered why I suddenly felt motivated to go on an adventure with my Charmander, but he supported me as best he could.

>The old man who adopted me as an infant wondered why I suddenly felt motivated to go on an adventure with my Charmander, but he supported me as best he could.

Which world did this take place in?

Pokemon itself. I just took that straight from the description on the Hermit background.

Cool,

Is the writer for Generic Universal Monsters here?

Does Therioanthropy have to be an animal that still exists, or just one that was ever real?

How does a Jumper save Roxas? Is it as simple as stopping the shit from going down at Castle Oblivion?

Well, you can either jailbreak him out of DiZ's simulation, or you can make sure he never gets caught in the first place.

There's some shit about Sora not being able to wake up after Castle Oblivion until he's "complete", but that really makes no sense, because Sora split off from Roxas the second he jammed that black keyblade into himself way back in Hollow Bastion from the first game, and he still had a good chunk of game left to go after that, in addition to the entirety of Chain of Memories, so I'm pretty sure DiZ is just an asshole who wants everything to be a certain way.
There might be some power loss between the two, but there's not really a given reason they can't both exist other than somethingsomething memories.

Anyway, to fix that part, you'll either want to figure out how to force Sora to wake up manually, or ideally stop the whole Castle Oblivion thing from happening at all, since its whole plot is largely pointless anyway other than bumping off a bunch of Nobodies, and benefits no one.

Just woke up, got an hour or so before courses start. I think it's done.

So basically just bump off the Organization on my own, got it.
Two keyblades and Nobody powers of my own along with some training SHOULD be enough, right?

Stelaris update never ever, At least the Tau jump is still continuing right?

Maybe when the next Stellaris DLC is out.

MAKE THEM FIRE
THE TRUE NATURE OF THE BEE IS TO BECOME FLAME. THEY ARE FAR PURER THEN US MEN TEARING AT EACH OTHER WITH WITH NANOMAHCINES AND CYBERNETICS. THE HIVE OF A BEE CATCHING FIRE IS TRULY PERFECT. ALL COMMUNICATION BECOMES UNNECESSARY TO THEM. THE BEE'S HAVE A SHARED PURPOSE IN THAT MOMENT, A GRAND UNIFYING WILL TO SURVIVE. IT IS THE PERFECT MEME.
THE PATRIOTS USED THEIR MEMES TO DIVIDE AND DESTROY US. THE COLD WAR WAS A WAR BETWEEN TWO MEMES YET IT PROVED THAT A CONSTANT MEME, THE MEME OF MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION COULD SAVE HUMANITY. I TOO SHALL SPREAD A MEME INTO THE SOULS OF ALL MANKIND TO SAVE THEM. THE MEME OF FEAR AND PAIN HELD IN A PRIMAL ENEMY. JUST AS BEES FEAR OF THE FLAME UNITES THEM I SHALL UNITE HUMANITY IN FEAR OF NUCLEAR FIRE.

Awesome! By the way, for someone who isn't really knowledgeable in the WoD, what does the Touch of the Beyond, World in Ebon Shadow drawback actually do?

Yes its still coming.

It's a nod to the fact that in 1st Edition Exalted and up to a while ago World of Darkness had a shared universe. TotBWiES makes it so your world is one of the worlds in which that is true. It's not much, just some small stuff. The Ebon Dragon Won and now rules the world as 'God'.

>spoiler
...who in their right mind would think that's a good idea to take this...

About the only thing I'd add is either a drawback limit or explicitly stating there is none.

I tend to err on the side of caution when taking jumps with no statement one way or the other and assume the standard 600CP max, and I know that other jumpers do the exact opposite and say there's no max if it's not mentioned, so I generally prefer to have it spelled out for me either way.

>Maybe when the next Stellaris DLC is out.

I can only hope user

>Yes its still coming.

Thank goodness

No idea!

Oh wait that's not the the right one! Apologys, it hella early here.

Maybe now you don't need to ask every day.

Ok I found that comment about user showing sister his jumpchain.

And what does it have to do with Genius, when barely anything but Hunter ever did anything about that? Stay focused on your setting, don't throw things in for the sake of it.

is dat sum Gashi-Gashi?

yuki.la/tg/52397371#p52397650

curse Veeky Forums

...this is a NWoD thing, huh? The Exalted implications were only in first ed OWOD too.

What happened to the guy making leviathen jump?

>Maybe now you don't need to ask every day.

I actually haven't asked in the last few threads user

>is dat sum Gashi-Gashi?

Nope

Assuming you've got some backup from other jumps? Yeah

Didn't somebody ask this twenty or so threads ago?

Missing, presumed lost in the Rift

What jumps are currently on the making?

No seriously, why is this in here? This was only a thing in early old world of darkness. Don't put it in just so you can get to Exalted somehow.

I'm currently working on the destroy all monsters gauntlet. Here, how does this look?

>A BIG fuck you to the square cube law, free for Kaiju

sometimes the physical laws of the universe might limit you when it comes to scaling, after all , mass is mass and mass has weight, which means mass might collapse on itself, or there is the matter of abilities being hindered by the weight and size put upon them, after all mothra should only be able to fly if she was as dense as a cotton ball thankfully you find that physics grants you a great deal of leeway when it comes to things such as moving around , supporting yourself and performing your vital functions, electrons move quicker through your body allowing you to have a decent reaction time without extraneous brains in your limbs, Delta-v comes out of nowhere to allow you to fly at a your speed and height despite your massive weight , the ground beneath you densifys and softens as necessary to support your bulk.

This will never do anything more than allow you to exist and use your abilities safely , but considering the forces involved with such things It's a miracle in and of itself.

where and how can I get magic that can control people's bodily functions? As in make them sweat, feel nauseous, get headaches, etc.

hero BBS, custom spells from Dungeons & Dragons.

These sorts of little connections and Easter eggs are pervasive everywhere, dude. In Exalted, there's a Necromancy spell in the upper echelons that's literally called 'Grandmother Void'. Oblivion in Exalted is basically the exact same concept as Oblivion in Wraith, the only difference being that Oblivion in Exalted is morally neutral/ambiguous, it's the Neverborn's insanity that color perceptions of it as an evil force. The Arcanoi Charms used by Ghosts are basically torn right out of Wraith and Orpheus. There are parallels between Lucifer and the Unconquered Sun; both are called the Morningstar, and both rebel against the creator(s) the each setting's world. Lucifer was supposed to have imbued the souls of the Hunters with shards of greatness, the Solar Exalted (and indeed all of the Celestial Exalted) work the same way. Infernal Exalted have a Charm called "Triumphant Roar of the -Devil Tiger-," which has a metric fuckton of weight behind it setting-wise, basically defining where a campaign is about to go and deciding the progression of your character from that point onwards.

Dude he already said he only had limited time before classes. You were maybe 15 to 20 mins late I'd guess.

They haven’t been around for a while.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/tripcode/!CgAnhP3stA/

Physiomancy (Shadow Ops)

Most of those seem to be either shared names and nothing more or massively popular archetypes for characters (The Lucifer type character is popular in so many things). Reusing the same ideas is very different from being part of the same setting.

You're also missing that all those are Old World of Darkness and even then only the first edition stuff. This Genius jump is in NWoD.

Do cp bought bardos require mania?

does the manipulation of flesh also extend to manipulating hormones and neurotransmitters i.e. adrenaline?

So it's a continuity drawback got exalted?

For. It's early.

You just want to be able to threaten to make people shit themselves, don't you?

>MAKE THEM FIRE

Will they create fire honey?

>where and how can I get magic that can control people's bodily functions? As in make them sweat, feel nauseous, get headaches, etc.

Not exactly magic but there is biomancy in Light of Terra

I want to make people 'sick' with a disease only I can 'cure' but it has other uses

You need to use full stops, and not use the same word four times in a row. Honestly I'm having difficulty reading that all the way through.

What can the magic in Warhammer Fantasy do?

why were you looking for it?

One user asked for a link to it about 20 threads ago I think.

I.

Shit, that's actually kind of a touchy subject for me. How should I put this? From when I was little more than human, to now. From the lowliest peasant hovel, to God Himself. There's one. Unifying. Response.

That split second of surprise. That gnawing incomprehension at how, HOW could there be an extra child never before remembered? Or as time went on, what kind of child WAS this, standing before them?!

...in my darkest hours, I sometimes wonder how much of what I've done is motivated by loneliness. My life before the chain is hardly worth mentioning, but-suffice to say, there too I was always on the move, and always alone. Even in a crowd. Especially in a crowd, really.

That can't be right, of course. My Charms tell me that amassing so many companions and spreading my influence across the world is the optimal way to save it, and it is in their nature to be right. I perfected their concepts myself.

It's been hundreds of jumps. I should be am beyond trifling things like families by now.

I am a monolithic existence.

If I still attempt kindness and support to my false-families, it is surely because I am order incarnate and it is in my nature to be cooperative where it does not impede me. As is the fact I am inordinarily protective of my sisters and daughters, adoptive or otherwise. Yes, that is the answer that makes sense as the driving motivation for something that clearly cannot relate to any mortal mind.

Which also explains why I happen to embrace the families that overcome their surprise to accept and understand my own aspirations. Like YHVH, and the Vishanti, and Zandrekh, and Loki (though we parted bitterly at Ragnarok, I finally set things right by breaking the cycle and those who would exploit it).

Why are we even still talking about families.

What a silly question.

>BEES FEAR OF THE FLAME
>fear
>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

Don't know about other beeople, but I'm a bit of a fire bug myself.

Ya like jazz?

Changelog?

>Touch of the Beyond, World in Ebon Shadow
Is this a continuity drawback with Exalted, or just a more dangerous version of the setting? If the latter, we should get CP for it.

Christ, I'm understanding what that guy was saying about how you write.

Jazz can be nice.
youtu.be/_WxSOysowj4

The old stuff is pretty good.
Just making the Left 4 Dead jump document look pretty. Should be done soon.

So I'm thinking about which fairy-tale, myth, or classic novel character to act as while I'm in RWBY, but going Drop-In means I have to be someone who 'came out of nowhere.'

Right now I can only think of Alice, Wendy, Dorothy, and Kaguyahime, and I think they might already have the first three.

Who? I don't know what you mean by that.

Here's a fairly concise-if informal-link. Should note that by lore you can do other stuff similar to these spells if you experiment since it boils down to directing warp energy into different things.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Magic

Actually, yeah taking a look at it-that is a bit odd as a drawback to include in a fansplat intended for the nWOD line, which has pretty much completely cut ties with oWOD's ambiguous connections. I don't think Autocthonia's mentioned at all for example, and the Weaver and Wyrm (very, very loosely fanwanked as SWLIHN/Malfeas expies by some) don't exist.

yes
YES

Poseidon.

Momotaro? Just make friends with three kinds of faunus and you're good to go!

>Momotaro

Ooh, good point.

I'm sorry if there's an important RWBY reference I'm missing, but is there any reason you can't pretend to be whatever fairytale/myth/classic novel character you want?

I mean, people do that all the time IRL when LARPing or cosplaying. Is there a Guild of Mythological Actors somewhere that regulates who you can pretend to be based on your social standing?

Anyway, I'd like to second Momotaro or suggest Cinderella depending on your gender. Bippity-boppity-boo and all that.

Good to hear.

Is there anything I should know about Left 4 Dead other than there are zombies that run surprisingly fast? That's pretty much all I know about it. Well, that and there's a guy called Coach who keeps showing up in SFM videos.

The main characters are based on fairy tale characters

I don't actually "have to," but I'm limiting myself to those so it makes sense with my origin.

The zombies are just infected living humans. Also, the survivors are carriers.
Wait, really?

Ruby is Little Red Riding Hood, Weiss is Snow White, and together they're also Snow-White and Rose-Red.

Yang is Goldilocks, Blake is Beauty/Belle.

Mythology-wise, Sun Wukong is exactly who you think he is, as are Neptune and Mercury.

Actually, the Weaver is the inspiration for the Loom of Fate. They're both served by Pattern Spiders. Malfeas, Green Sun and all, was originally a place in Werewolf years before Exalted was written.

Also, doesn't everyone needs to have a color-related name?

Alright. In that case, definitely Momotaro. Momotaro's metal. Cinderella's a magical trust fund baby.

Get them vaccines, got it.

That does make more sense but people kept telling me Weaver=She for some reason.

>Malfeas and werewolves

I cannot imagine how they would relate with each other. I assume he was the dreaded superdevil of their mythos?

Unless you're old enough to be born before THE WAR, yes.

>Is there anything I should know about Left 4 Dead other than there are zombies that run surprisingly fast?

Zombies can mutate into things with special abilities. Like suicidal walking bombs that vomit acid or 3 meter bullet sponges that can break cars with their fists.

>I cannot imagine how they would relate with each other.
It's less that werewolves have anything to do with Malfeas and more that the werewolves have the power to spirit walk into other realms and that's one of them.

And JNPR are all crossdressers.

>I assume he was the dreaded superdevil of their mythos?
I haven't played too much werewolf myself, but he was the demon king and some short of super-spirit in another dimension?

After all, WoD is supposed Exalted in the future (at least in the first edition).

>Is there anything I should know about Left 4 Dead other than there are zombies that run surprisingly fast

There are special infected with different abilities. Zombies are drawn to noise. The plague was being fought by CEDA which are a government organisation for containment

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ4FxrlSey8

>Cinderella
Cinder Fall already took that spot though.

Knock on wood, but nice taste, bancho.

Nice.

In addition to what said: Ruby is also Dorothy, Weiss is the Tin Man, Blake is the Cowardly Lion, and Yang is the Scarecrow.

The boomers don't really vomit acid as much as zombie attracting puke that brings every zombie in the area towards you to wreck your shit upon catching whiff. The survivors weaponize it with in grenade form to make the zombies beat the shit out of each other or distract a special zombie type. Spitters are the acid ones.

Malfeas wasn't alive, it was just the spiritual realm of the Wyrm. Exalted Malfeas's radioactivity powers come all the way back from the fact that the evil spirits were based around pollution like Captain Planet villains, so the balefire the Green Sun was made of was radioactive.

>After all, WoD is supposed Exalted in the future (at least in the first edition).
Fortunately they dropped that particular piece of stupidity.

Bullshit, the only thing they have in common is "Cinder" being the first part of their name. Cinder Fall's Semblance doesn't summon a fairy godmother.

Isn't it Ironwood who's the Tin Man, Professor Lionheart who's the Cowardly Lion, and Crow who's the Scarecrow?

Didn't it damage you if it touched you?

It's been a while since I played any of the two games, though.

She wear glass shoes, and manipulates glass. Also, it's been confirmed in cast commentary.

Oh she has a "fairy" "godmother" alright.

You're just thinking of the wrong kind of fae.

Exactly, with Ozpin as the Wizard and Glynda as the Good Witch.

Penny is Pinnochio, and I think Emerald's supposed to be Aladdin?

Her weapon's made of glass, and the dance episode where she has to get back by midnight. Also, Salem is pulling double duty as her fairy godmother and the Wicked Witch.

I am still working on Love is a Battlefield: A Knight's Tale. Slowly but surely.

>the wicked rich

Now that's just reaching

Who's ice cream girl supposed to be, Gretel?

A little, but it was mostly just supposed to be a massive pain in the ass. It obscured your screen with green slime making it hard to see, all the zombies got enrages and hunted you down, Boomers could inflict the ailment just by getting close to you when they die (not necessarily even needing to puke on you) and can throw it on multiple people. Arguably the blinding you part is way more serious since you can barely tell where you're going and it's easier to get pounced on by one of the other special types.

I feel like both are accurate, though RWBY's connections are a little looser.

Ruby = And her little dog, too; arguably her being accepted to Beacon early is representative of Dorothy coming to Oz
Weiss = Heartless (at first)
Blake = Spineless
Yang = Brainless (berserker rage)

>reaching
>when she's directly opposed to the Wizard

Nobody knows about Neo, but if you STRETCH it, you could say Roman is the Big Bad Wolf.

>enemy of Red Riding Hood

>Roman
>Rome
>Romulus
>Romulus and Remus were suckled by wolves

But THAT'S reaching.

Roman Torchwick is based on Candlewick, a criminal from Pinocchio.

Also: Blake is a cat. The Cowardly Lion is also a cat.