Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Thunder hawk more like thunder DORK, edition.

>daily dancan
youtube.com/watch?v=3k9G_MnzOwQ

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Sisters of basshole'd

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NO/Legion-Mastodon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reboxing? New start collecting? What's going on?

Obviously being squatted.

First for the dark mechanicum.

>is the sister meme forcer thread edition

i'm out lads, it'll just be him forcing his shit meme for the entire thread

Best flying transport in the imperium ?

Lets see how long it takes in this thread.

Happened multiple times in last one.

>melee race
>mov 5"
>running out of stores

Rate? How fast am I looking to get tabled here?

Press F to pay respects.

Are Orks overpowered? Everyone seems to think so now.
What's a WAAC way to play Orks?

This thread is now raided by the Red Corsairs

I've recently picked up some tanks to use for a Tau army. Should I assemble Longstike, a normal Hammerhead, or one of the Devilfish first?

i suspect that your sadness is fake

Use daisy chains.

>What's a WAAGH way to play Orks?
FTFY

All the armies in 8th are good now, people are buying a lot of models

>dark angels
>grindr
I see what you did there.

>Why are the most OP army in the game selling out??? OMG SQUATTED CONFIRMED!

I never thought I would see the day when nobz in a naut is UNIRONICALLY a really powerful tactic.

>literally the cure to Stormraven spam
>optimal anti-air setup is 195 pts
>can take 5 kitted out Corvus per 1k points compared to 3-4 Stormravens
>Stormravens forced to hit on +5
>has an anti-air mini-nuke option with +1 to hit
>can fly over Stormravens for free auto-hit mortal wound on a 6
>stats are virtually identical to a Stormraven

Any better options for Stormraven killing?

Show me where I said that Orks are going to be squatted, faggot. I'm just paying attention to the difference between "no longer available" and "temporarily out of stock online".
Maybe GW is going to change the orks start collecting because Painboy is no longer a HQ?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NO/Legion-Mastodon

Battalion Detachment
Renegade Commander 30 HQ
Slaanesh Covt 0
Plasna Pistol 5

Malefic Lord 30

Renegade Command Squad Elite
9 models 54
Heavy Stubber 4
Banner of Hate 10
58 x 2 116

Renegade Mutants
Shotguns 0
20 models 80 x 4 320

Chaos Spawn FA
2 Spawn 33 points
66 x 2 132

Armored Sentinel FA
40 points
Sentinel Chainsaw 2
Multi Laser 10
52 x 3 156

Ogryn Brutes Elite
5 Brutes 150
Ogryn Weapons 4
Boss 10
164 x 2 328

Hellhound 73 FA

Devil Dog 73 FA

Renegade Enforcer 30 Elite
Power Fist

Renegade Enforcer 30 Elite
Power Axe 5

Supreme Command Detachment
Malefic Lord 30 x 2 60 HQ

Psyker Coven 100

Not sure if I run mortars of Heavy Stubbers in the Command Squads.

They need to swap in 8th ed. Datasheets. Maybe they're giving them a new box too. I doubt the contents will change.

Well, it's also hiting the raven on +5s

40 model transport that kills 1-2 ravens a turn, is essentially immune to their gunfire due to voideshields, and keeps your troops out of their fire until most of them are dead.

I suspect it'll be a reboxing, yes.

i said i can found it with the search engine, but i can't see it in the online store listing with the tags.

So, TG, how have you been? Great, so I came back to 40k after I get some free time again and wanted to play again since I left back in sixth, but my group told me 40k is death because it got sigmared apparently, I despise AoS and everything it stand for, so the question is how much of this is truth? I play space wolves and guard by the way, how have they changed? Do I have to stick with older editions if I want a decent game?

Corvus hits on +5 if it moves.
Stormravens must always hit Corvus on +5.

What do you think of this?

Strategy is to move the Arks forwards in waves, one rank moves, other stays still then alternate next turn. Rapid fire infantry, big shots to big things.

Scarabs are just harassment with leftover points.

why dont you just try it? you already got the models

Losing facings, templates, and everything being able to hurt evertyhing are probably the things you'll dislike.

2 things:

1- I'd like to make a mechanized IW army. Is it worthwhile to do? Which tanks are affordable to have in there? I was thinking of Vindicators, Land Raider, Defiler and Forgefiends.

2- How would I convert Khorne Berzerkers? i want to kit bash that kit with some AoS Khorne stuff, but idk how to go about it. Help?

XIPHON INTERCEPTOR

>40k is [dead]
Far from it

Space wolves longships (stormwolf)

>40k is dead
Far from it

So Battlescribe doesn't seem to have FW units for marines yet?

Am I just not downloading the right things?

All Eldar flyers.
In particular Hemlocks.

>reee AoS Reeeeeee!
>I trust peoples meme opens rather than finding out myself
(You) shitposter.

Re-asking a question from the last thread.

I want to pick Orks for my first 1000pts army.
I was thinking about a Start Collecting (stupid sexy Deff Dread), Ork Warboss Grukk's Boss-Mob box to cover the HQ (also never enough nobz) and Ork Trukk Boyz or Killa Kans box. Which one should I pick and why?

Battlescribe is fucking shit, Jesus. Can anyone rate my list?

1. Vindicators are poop, go Predators and Land Raiders. I dont love the Daemon Engines because BS 4+, but they're okay.

2. Without venturing in really heavy conversion work, You'd mainly just be doing head and weapon swaps onto the AoS bodies. Easy stuff.

What do you hate about AoS? Upset they saved a game that wasn't even in the Top 10 sellers, let alone Top 10, and is now 4th?

>apparently

Oh so you're just another one of these concern trolling retards. Fuck off. You got your replies.

Phoenix imagery is pretty accurate, 40k is dead, 40k is here.

The 3rd edition framework lasted most of the game's history, and as sad as it was to see it diseased as it was the last few editions, it's sad to see it go.

8th is a decent system, less personality, but decent. Has a few pros, certainly isn't 7th.

>can fly over Stormravens for free auto-hit mortal wound on a 6
>Corvid missiles: D1
That's the best you can come up with?
Stormravens hit it on 4's, by the way. They have PoTM. And have way more firepower.

But either way, have fun with your little cuckplane.
>his flier can't carry a dreadnought

You need more boyz, and the Trukk boyz box is a better value discount wise anyway.

>Stormravens hit it on 4's

Check the Corvus profile before you shitpost.

>-1 to hit because flyer
>-1 to hit because anti-air add-on

+5 to hit regardless of what its armed with

And at 2k points, 7 anti-air Corvus vs 5 Stormravens means more assault cannon shots on 4+ in hover and more anti-air missile shots on 3+.

Corvus spam is the future, nobody has realized it yet.

Painboyz aren't an HQ, so likely the box is being changed.

The Emperor (or the Chaos Gods) comes to you and tells you to conquerer the galaxy quickly, you may take 3 primarchs and their armies (including successors), only rules are all 3 must be loyal or all 3 must be traitors.

>The Lion as my general/warmaster. - Best tactician, strong as fuck, managed a whole crusade against monsters before, being warmaster settles his autism, ravenwing basically gives you white scars but with nicer toys
>Guilliman - biggest legion, great at deplomacy to get those neutrals and those who don't really want to contribute to join your fight as well as making deals with human populations that aren't in the empire yet
>Sanguinius - foresight will come in useful, legion has the red thirst that will makes them great in combat (just make sure the others stay away from them), great physkers

Actually putting that together made me realise the Imperium Secundus actually had the best dudes.

Anyone?

6E is dog shit compare to 8E but you may prefer 5E over 8E as its less "AoS"

>They saved a game

Christ, and you're calling -him- a troll?

Iffy about the Celestians and the priests.
I'd add more models to the battle sister squads instead.

In terms of a business and how many people play it? Yes.

Never mind, just remembered max unit size is now 15.

Salamanders, Raven Guard, and Iron Hands. History shows the 3 of them do well together.

>TG
Shitposter. Please ignore this post.

>saved a game
>by axing it and making a whole new game using what's left of old minis
>after they ran the old game to the ground with shitty rules

0/10

The only reason for Celestians IMO is to protect an Eviscerator Canoness in CC and, in that case, I think its a bit of a waste not to go with a power weapon S. Superior.

More like Salamanders are just good team players and nice guys in general while RG are all business and excellent in Istvaan guerilla combat conditions. IH were fucking hindrances.

Rate and hate my meta buster, 4 hours of meticulous planning

kek

Ferrus Manus
Rogal Dorn
Leman Russ

Let the galaxy tremble with autism

My point stands. Go insist you're doing great in your containment general.

And it's still better than WHFB

Nth for Guardfags can fuck off

Help me out here someone,

If I pick up a Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter, it has the option to add 6 Skystrike missiles to its loadout. Do I pay for each single missile in points (15pts) when playing matched play? Or do you only just pay for one in the loadout?

When firing with them, can you fire all 6 if you wanted in one round of shooting?

>Horus - Warmaster, motherfucker.
>Mortarion - Best regular marines, can be used in any environment
>Lorgar - Motivation to keep Morty's dudes rolling.

that's pretty nice, actually look like a badass merc or marauder rather than The thing in armou

No it doesn't. It's selling better than WHFB ever was. That's all GW care about. If you don't like that, go and cry to them and tell them they shouldn't care about profit as a profit driven business. I don't give a shit about AoS but denying it's doing better than WHFB is fucking hilarious, when WHFB was shit from 1995 onwards. So, unless you played from 1987 to 1995, you got no right to complain.

I don't understand how X-Wing is consistently on top. It has to be a constant influx of new players, otherwise that would mean current players buy shit tons of ships

The rules are easy, Star Wars is vastly more popular than all other settings combined and the models are ready assembled and painted? How WOULDN'T it do well?

Can someone shoot me that meme about that Eldar guy choosing his particular flavor of eldar? The one that's just "Meltagun", "Everyone around you also gets a meltagun"

Just keep moving that goalpost, man.

it has it's own entry
Imperium - FW Adeptus Astartes

ya i was looking at the Blood Warrior kit and it could loop pretty neat. swap some guns, add some backpacks.

i just love daemon engines though. they're so nice looking.

>popular setting
>easy rules
>don't need a lot of models
>no need to paint them
>people are buying them also for their star wars shit collections

Not the same guy, faggot. 'Save the game' is a nebulous term I grant you, but in this context it's easy to apply to 'it wasn't completely scrapped'. It wasn't. It's there. It's more profitable than ever and more players than it had since 1995.

>He needs to park to get a 4+
Pathetic. Call me back when the Corvus can take plasma cannons AND a pair multimeltas.

And if the Corvus hovers it loses both hard to hit and supersonic, so there's no penalty to shoot it. Not even from Infernum launchers.

It also can't carry dreadnoughts.

Got a Star Destroyer on sale for $40 NIB and its sitting on my collectibles shelf.

Another benefit: they're all sexy fabulous blondes.

>that fucking scene
IMPERIAL FISTS Best part of the trailer.

>tfw I still feel like I'm being mocked when people say Orks can compete

finally a counter to the stormraven meta

jeez I almost thought this game is broken

>Pathetic. Call me back when the Corvus can take plasma cannons AND a pair multimeltas.
>>implying anyone is taking plasma cannons in 8ed
>>implying twin multimelta with 5+ to hit rolls are worth mentioning

>And if the Corvus hovers it loses both hard to hit and supersonic, so there's no penalty to shoot it. Not even from Infernum launchers.
At that point it doesn't matter because

>>More Corvus
>>More shots
>>More total wounds

Oh and the one Corvus flyer which got knocked down to single digit wounds can just fly away and you'll have to hit it on a 5+ again just to kill it.

No HQ, can't fit in an 1850pt game, illegal

Any news on when will the proper codexes be released ? I wonder if they add Primaris Marines to Deathwatch when their turn comes.

The trauma must run deep after 3 editions.

I still haven't fully come to terms with that Thousand Sons infantry is actually decent now rather than a tax and very expensive meatshield for your sorcerers.

Wouldn't Fulgrim be better warmaster than Abaddon if he managed to outsmart Guilliman? The only problem his legion is a mess even if they are united into one.

Oh, thank you. Baffling.

You're talking to people who are surprised they get charged for commission labor that doesn't yield physical products and think companies should sustain Chinese piracy level costs and consider amounts lower than $40 to be "too expensive"

>Fulgrim trolled Guilliman with a cursed crown instead of putting a bomb in the crown
>somehow smarter

sometimes you gotta counter cheese with cheese
thats how you win at tournaments, right?

i really want into the waac club, PLEASE

>>Top 5 Non-Collectible Minature Lines
>>people are buying them also for their star wars shit collections

Starwars fags ruining everything as per usual.

So I will end up with two units of boyz and two units of nobz. Will it be enough infantry for 1k pts army? I don't want to get "too big" model-count wise

He still wants his huge meaty Gladius Incandor so he tried to corrupt him second time.

Fulgrim is stuck in a painting, Dorian Gray style.
If you mean Daemon inhabiting Fulgrim's body, Daemon's can't be Warmasters,

New primaris tank leaks