Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1589: Mythological Rage And Incest Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xJ1dZWPs
youtube.com/watch?v=aeUMCgZdEyU
drive.google.com/file/d/0By55io-_u67HR2NaQ2piU3J2YUE/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Part 1 of the PPC Write-up
pastebin.com/xJ1dZWPs

I was gonna do more but then I got tired and distracted. More to be posted, later.

When it comes to recruiting Companions, explaining them the terms of Jumpchain, etc... What is your sales pitch like?

Reminder to shove Hera in Zeus ass and then turn him inside out and shove him in behind her.

Any tips on how to write fluff for perks?

Okay folks, Jump seemed to be well received; so here's Version .2 with assorted corrections.

Change Logs
>Corrected the pricing on Mean Green Machine
>Clarified that Secret Hideout gives you similar safe houses in future jumps
>Added Drawback Section intro text,
>Fixed a few typos

Any other comments or criticism's I should take into account, or should I send this over to the Upload Folder now?

Some inspiration:
youtube.com/watch?v=aeUMCgZdEyU

Umineko was a mistake. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to invite such wankery into this thread? It's almost as bad as Exalted.

Would it be reasonable to say that a Defense-Focused Warrior-Monk from Overlord with Use Any Magic Item could pull a Berserkalot when Gilgamesh tries to spam his GoB at them?

>the Great Potato Crisis War
You son of a bitch. I am dying, here.

Things like that are why I usually try not to make waves. And tend to fake death instead of counterattacking. But then I started out as a monster in this chain and had to fight to get my humanity back, rather than fighting to hold onto it. Different experiences.

We all know about the First Magic's capacity for making cool weapons but what are some fun ways it can be used to screw with people?

Things like creating a pokeball containing whoever pissed you off.

...your picture sums it up?
Except I explain a tad bit more and take no for an answer :|

Make the Elder Wand and shape it into a bong in front of noseless himself?

Get to know the source material really well. Preferably base your perks of things that really stand out in the material, and draw on it heavily while describing the perk. Also try to avoid starting too many of them with "You can" ,"You are" and similar such things.

Depending on the material you might be able to copy the style of speech or writing to help things flow along. Also remember fluff is nice, but always make sure that the benefit of the perk is clear to people who read it.

Abit of fluff can add a lot of flavor to a perk, and help put it's effect into context with the setting; but too much can bloat the perk or make it's effect confusing.

Does this smell like chloroform to you?

Creating a labyrinth where there was a door to a restroom. Making a lack of stairs replaced by a rope where there was a flight.

>Of course, knowing me, this wasn't going to be easy. But how bad could it be, really?
Goddammit Decade, you're old enough to know better than to say things like this.

So is there anyway to gain a pseudo-ripoff of Gilgamesh's ability? Something like you gain a copy of anything that's invented during your time in a jump?

Pretty much everyone who I actually take as a permanent companion is a monster with some sort of built in loyalty. But for the jumps where I need temporary followers or allies, I just offer them some magical power or advanced technology to gain their favor.

You could always try not being a total kleptomaniac and make your own stuff.

>Rage

Oh, I know about rage.

To add to this, Perks (especially paid-for perks) should not be things that are "normal" to the setting. The Harry Potter jump doesn't have you pay to be a wizard - You pay for features above and beyond the norm for the setting (talent with memory charms, etc.)

Basically, if your budget was 0cp and had no drawbacks, you should have the basic ability to function in the world's setting. Perks are those things that take you from "extra number 124323" to "protagonist level" (or "antagonist level" - It bugs me when jumps don't include anything for non-heroic approaches) within the setting.

Rolled 18 (1d50)

I let them know I'll be leaving the country in a couple years. I'm always surprised, but pleased, if they want to come with me. So I explain just what they'd be signing up for, and if they still want to go, that's it.

I could, but you could always try giving a helpful answer instead of failing at being a smartass.

>What is your sales pitch like?

Well I can tell you where it is.

in bed

the elder bong which gets passed from user to user by stoned people accidentally leaving it at places

also called the bong of destiny

Genius-user: A Master of the Axioms' examples are a little inconsistent. Apokalypse's sounds a fair bit better than the 5-dot version in "canon", but I'm not sure why Exelixi is emphasising false immortality pills when at 5 dots that Axiom allows for straight up ressurection.

Is it fair to assume that regardless of the examples, the Needle Grail capstone boost generally improves what you can make with them?

>What is your sales pitch like?

Military service in many different environments and in places they could only dream of and there will be good times and bad but they can be honorably discharged if they want to leave after service but they do know that will mean FOREVER if they wish to return home or stay behind.

Come with me if you want to live
a long, glorious life filled with more than you can possibly imagine

Jumpers!
I need amplifiers!
Magical amplifiers, strength amplifiers, perks that allow limitless growth in a field, give it all to me.

It somewhat distresses me that some perks and items discount to 50CP or 150CP, but there is nothing that costs only 50CP on its own except for a companion import and the location buy.

I don't suppose you'd consider adding something for the sake of my OCD? Even a money buy-in or a bunch of figurines would be sufficient.

the birth belt comes with the CLAWS Personal type:A series of modular robotic enhancements, One of which can multiply the strength of your Right arm no matter what it is by five,people tend to overlook that one.

COME WITH ME!
AND YOU'LL BE!
IN A WORLD OF PURE IMAGINATION!
TAKE A LOOK!
AND YOU'LL SEE!
INTO YOUR IMAGINATION!
WE'LL BEGIN, WITH A SPIN!

And you fucking ruined it with improper punctuation and all-caps. Fucking cancer.

Actually there are!

Each 300CP item has a 100CP upgrade. You take them both and the upgraded item now costs 200 CP.

As for the perks... that is actually an oversight, and a left over of a previous draft. You're supposed to get both of your 100CP perks for free. I'll fixed that in a bit.

So it's basically pic related only made up of Servants?

A meal, coffee and a show. Not that different to a business lunch, really. There's a lot to go over, so I prefer to get to the point and keep things casual but formal to keep promising recruits on the level.

Not that I always have the luxury, sometimes it's more urgent, and more like "HEY I KNOW OUR FLYING CHARIOT JUST EXPLODED AND WE'RE FALLING OFF THE CLIFFS OF LENG INTO THE BURNING ABYSS OF CHTHUGHA BUT WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO SOMEWHERE SLIGHTLY LESS FUN AFTER THIS?"

Make a pie appear out of nothing when someone sits in a chair, staining their pants.

Apologise by serving them the same pie.

Eat the same pie in front of them, while they are also eating the same pie.

Throw the same pie out the window, at someone on the street.

Summon it quickly enough to catch the same pie in your hands, by catching it from another window for dramatic effect (by adding the concept of controlled kinetic vectors when you summon the same pie somewhere else)

Wait until the deja fu sinks in.

>magical amplifier

The Moonstone from Lone Wolf, the Eye of Set from Sword & Sorcery, the Eye of Agamotto from marvel Magic and the Crystal Palace from Infernals

>strength amplifiers

Mighty Skill or Serious Mode from One Punch Man, Only Human from Majikoi, Divine Form from The God of High School and most of the martial arts from Hokuto no Ken but especially Gou no Ken

>perks that allow limitless growth in a field

Greatest Magician of the Age, DC Occult?

>that sequel where the glass elevator turns out to be a spaceship and space is full of monsters that can chase after it easily

Still less of a swerve than me finding out Roald Dahl also wrote some stories about a 20th century philanderer/semen thief called Uncle Oswald

I am a buffoon and require an explanation for this joke.

oh it's from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1
other Multipliers are thousand master from Mahou Sensei Negima Jump which isthe benchmark for magic boosts,The art of war from Helsing which doubles your IQ,softcap from Elona to Remove the upper limi, gamers skills, gamers body and gamers mind gamers body and gamers mind from the gamer to remove the upper limits of your abilities And stats overall,Drive Clothes which opens up a number of boosted forms from Kingdom hearts ,Kamen Rider Heisei Part 1: Kuuga and Agito V 1.5 has seed of light which lets you develop new or more powerful forms and doesn't really have an upper limit

fuck you Switch Bitch was awesome!

it's a reference to the multiplayer supplement on the drive
drive.google.com/file/d/0By55io-_u67HR2NaQ2piU3J2YUE/view?usp=sharing

>My attempt to replace Gilgamesh's Treasury with one jumper stocks with treasures themselves.

Treasury of Jumper - EX
A pocket dimension that at first glance appears to be an empty version of Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, anything placed inside is absorbed to become a part of it. It allows the user to summon anything from itself either directly to them or through portals which can fire them as projectiles. The user has complete control over the treasury's contents allowing them to be operated by thought and directed telekinetically. Objects from the treasury can be sent back to it at will by the user, having them disappear as if they were only illusions. If something from the treasury is broken the treasury can repair it, even if an item is somehow lost completely the treasury can eventually replace it.

Anyone who finds their way into the treasury will find it appears to be an opulent mansion filled with displays housing things added to the treasury by the user.

Ah, that makes sense. Also, that sounds delicious.

If memory serves. Someone once made it. Apparently it's only So-so

Darn. Well, it's not like I had a shortage of potato recipes, so no big loss.

Sure, but with all those extra effects, it'd have to be the size of a shed.
t. Val

Pretty much all of those effects are just things Gil does with his Gate of Babylon.

>even if an item is somehow lost completely the treasury can eventually replace it.
Lol, probably not.

There we go

>Corrected Perk introduction to state that both 100CP perks are free to their Origin.

The Legion Fabrication Unit item from the Genius jump could be useful for copying unique items.

Not sure if there's a perk that just lets you collect blueprints for everything in a jump. IIRC, it was ruled that Collector EX cannot do what Gilgamesh can. Gilgamesh's abilities are basically irreplaceable.

Personally, I'd simply make a GoB variant that links to the Warehouse. If it's in the Warehouse, it's available to call and possibly fire. Because who doesn't want to launch a Girls und Panzer mini-tank at your enemy?

With the way I intend for it to work it wouldn't really be possibly for anything to be properly lost completely because it would have been absorbed as a part of the treasury rather than being a thing inside the treasury. It would just be regrowing a damaged part of itself not recreating an item that has been destroyed.

Question.

Are there any limitations to the species of Digimon you can have or can become?

I know you can't obtain Mega here without out of jump bullshit because this is just Digimon World 1, I'm just talking about Ultimate and lower.

Like, say I wanted pic related as a partner even though he didn't exist at the time of Digimon World 1's release. Would that be possible as long as he can't reach Mega?

Define the Noble Phantasm an item you control and stack features like Enchanted for King Arthur, item absorption, indestructibility, anti-theft, regen, weapon duplication, etc.

Alternatively, steal the Gate of Babylon (e.g. through the Prisma Illya drawback) and create a Noble Phantasm that does whatever can't be achieved through it. Apparently the retrieval effect is the power of a Noble Phantasm, but since it's not listed anywhere it's probably somewhere in the Gate.

What Digimon is that?

So Overlord Fallen Angels have to be evil or neutral. Doe stay mean you can't do anything heroic or that if you do you'll change into a normal angel?

Soon.

Zubamon. The 20th Anniversary Digimon.

It's not impossible for evil or neutral people to perform heroic deeds, they just tend not to do it on a consistent basis.

>or that if you do you'll change into a normal angel?
Normal angels are locked into the good alignment, so probably not.

IIRC, someone asked how the alignment works (mind control? personality shift? mental compulsion?) and what happens if you violate it (explosion? losing your powers?), but no one knew.

Yeah. The main limitation in terms with power is because in setting this is a "very young" digital world, and there hasn't been enough time for Digimon life to get that complex yet.

Even some species like Machinedrama which are Mega level down the line are "merely" ultimates" here; and have a lot less power as a result. So species isn't much of an issue in this setting.

As such if you want Zubamon to be your partner, than by all go forth with my blessing.

You know what I mean. If you try to have some sort of redemption arc and become good.

>Normal angels are locked into the good alignment, so probably not.
But the jump says fallen angels are actually normal angel that fell. So they have to have some ability to shift alignment, right?

Could we/our digimon eventually reach Mega later on in the chain after we/they "mature"?

Sweet.

Although I'm tempted to bring in my partners from the other Digimon jumps have them go Mega just to scare the shit out of Analogman

I don't make "sales pitches". I meet people. I get to know people. I love people. I argue with people. I eat with people. I live with and around people.

And sometimes, when I go to say goodbye, those people decide they would rather be with me than anyone else in the world. Even considering my opinions towards relationships and the complicated web I'm already tangled in. So I tell them the truth about what I am and where I'm going. Once in a great while, I meet a person who decides it is worth all of that to come along anyways.

It isn't often and it isn't always who I expected, but I'm never sorry to have them at my side.

I wanna find a way to get Digimon from Peter Chimera's Digimon series as a partner.

He's a Digimon called Digimon.

I mean, Ainz has -500 and he isn't the most evil being on the planet. He's more of a neutral character that does bad things because he can't feel bad (due to being an undead lich) and also because he probably wouldn't (his original world was really fucked up). And even if your alignment could change, we don't know what would happen to a Fallen Angel because they haven't been shown to be a thing in the actual series, although I would guess that you wouldn't change into a normal Angel due to how racial levels work

>Peter Chimera

Doesn't Half-Life have a Full Life Consequences drawback?

Maybe Fallen Angels fall upward?

>they haven't been shown to be a thing in the actual series
Wait, really?

It is the nature of all digimon to grow more complex over time. So yeah, they could certainly hit Mega at a "suitably dramatic" point in time further down your chain.

That said, this setting doesn't come with anime-style digivices (at least not until latter games). So on their own that's going to take a /long/ time for them to achieve via their natural growth rate outside of the Digital World's "hyper time". That said, perks like Life Long Learning will certainly make it a lot more feasible for them to 'break their ceiling' in a "reasonable" number of Jumps.

Even Jijimon, someone who was old well before File Island went to crap, is stuck at the low end of the Ultimate power level. Though admittedly, he's more of a caregiver than a fighter.

So without Perks or Items helping, it's gonna take a while to get there.

Oh yeah, that would scare the crud out of everyone. Though be sure to take care of him quick; the guy has proven himself to be a fast learner, and annoyingly hard to permanently put down.

Last thing you want is for him to have the chance to study them enough to take a crack at making his own Megas.

Jump # 159 The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy
Background: Drop In (0)
Starting location: Endsville
Perks:
*Cartoon Logic (0)
*Land of the dead (50)
*I always win (200, Discount)
*Don’t Touch Me (150, Discount)
*Animation (300)
Equipment
*The Reaper’s Scyth (600)
Drawbacks:
*Best friends forever (+ 300)

*Sigh* This was one of the hardest fights I have ever had as a jumper including the ones against cosmic beings and the ones I flat out lost.

I became the slave…friend of Billy and Mandy just like Grim. I was amazed to find such an evil person as Mandy. I had seen some of the episodes long long ago but had forgotten how evil she was. I decided I would find a way to cure her of her evil ways…

So this became a battle of wills. I had the idea I would grant her every selfish desire since she seemed incapable of true happiness and show her how shallow and meaningless her behavior was.

Well I would do well above and beyond what she would ask only for her to ask for something greater. She quickly picked up on what I was doing as expected.

Together we conquered the planet, then the universe, then several other dimensions… we made Billy a genius… then reversed it when she became uncomfortable with it. She named a few things that were beyond my ability I couldn’t make her God with a big “G”.

Eventually she seemed to get bored with things. All the power and wealth meant nothing to her because it took no effort. Eventually she made me use a wish to undo everything I had done for her. Later she grudgingly admitted she had learned something. Very Grudgingly.

Maybe? I have no idea.

The only angels seen so far are Victim and the summons from the Theocracy, as well as the lion headed ones Ainz summons

are you saying if we have a digivice from another jump we can go Mega ?

Assuming jumper can handle the drain on their mana are there any issues with summoning a servant outside of the Fate Jump docs and turning them into a companion with jumper nonsense such as pods or feathers?

can i be ancient greymon

Man, remember when Finn was a little lady killer and not a turbo-virgin autist who couldn't talk to a girl without creeping on her?

Just the issue of summoning them in the first place.

At that level of magic, you might be able to just create magic beings out of thin air, so you probably wouldn't have to make "servants" unless that's what you wanted.

Nope.

So what are the limits of having an element in Kingdom Hearts as a Nobody? Is it total control, restricted to a few "spells" or what?

It requires several layers of Nasuverse metaphysics. There has to be a throne of heroes to get the heroes from. You likely need to know how the grail works and also need some element of the third magic.
It sounds like something that would be really hard even for a jumper. I can't say impossible but it would take a huge amount of prep work and perks to do so.

Val covered that just a couple threads ago. You can totes do that, but they'd be built entirely off of Fate's magic system and your ability to power it.
So there's no "now that this character is a companion, they get their own body!" fiat. You have to power them through mana forever. Assuming you can do that, though, and assuming you have a pod or feather available to drag them along with you, you can absolutely do that.

Then you need to go back and watch the first season at least.

>That said, this setting doesn't come with anime-style digivices (at least not until latter games). So on their own that's going to take a /long/ time for them to achieve via their natural growth rate outside of the Digital World's "hyper time".

I mean technically you're already giving us anime-style evolution with the Classic Mode drawback.

Would it be possible to mod the v-pet you get from An Innocent Toy into a proper Digivice using out of jump abilities?

Best part about Jumpchain is that I can literally ignore that entirely.

Man, he just wanted to go to the movies and Jake was a moron.

Fuck magic weapons, fuck screwing with people.

I use the first to summon all the chocolate I can eat.

Well, the Nasuverse cosmology has different shit under the hood than most worlds do. So, you'd have to use a sufficiently similar world, or create the infrastructure yourself.

Simplest route would probably be going to a fate jump to learn how, then going to a non-fate nasuverse jump and trying to brute force the ritual maybe? You'd need a lot of out-of-context bullshit to make it work, I suspect.

As for companion conversion, this is just my take, but the pod would work because pods work for everything, but the feather wouldn't because it doesnt have as much bullshit backing it.

Why is Winnie such a cute?

Really depends on the person. I spend a good chunk of my time befriending the person I want to take with me.

"Hey so...I'm not from this world. You probably figured it out or at least that I'm not exactly a normal person. I'm a traveller. Kinda. Across different worlds. Don't think about it too hard. And I know we've spent a while together, but I'm wondering if you want to come with me? It's dangerous, though. And you won't see the people you love for a long time. But if you want to go back, you can do so at any time. But I won't be able to go back with you. But if you come with me, I can promise you a world of excitement and happiness as a hero. So what'll it be? I'll give you a week to think it over."

What's even funnier is that the Vermicious Knids were killed by atomspheric reentry.

Yeah, you can't summon Heroic Spirits outside of the Nasuverse unless it has the Grail and the Throne of Heroes.

>There will never be a way to pick up plague winnie werewolf.

She's a tomboy werewolf with a crush on you.

Use it to summon a waifu version of any enemy I face to deal with them, naturally the waifu version is always stronger.

Eventually. My DRAAAMA is finally over (Maybe) so I'm back into working on my stuff. Got over half of Nier 1's perks done last night alone. Anyway, it's only the first episode and I don't think it's even been subbed yet. Feels good to be writing again anyway.

Arthur didn't exactly refuse Mordred. He even gave Mordred a place in the Round Table, his most trusted knights. It's not Arturia's fault that Mordred has the biggest hissy fit ever over not getting bonding time with the king managing an entire country that repeatedly gets into literally impossible battles without his presence.

Sounds neat. Probably be a tiny bit smaller in the total amount of stuff ti can contain then if you just focused on space (You don't get infinite storage, but you're still getting the area of a large city, even if it's absorbing things) and everything else is fine except the treasury being able to fully replace entirely lost or destroyed things, which would be a bit too much.

Really, all it seems to be is just the normal GoB but with the retrieval NP built in.

Because it's a fact and honestly the best use of a Scooby Doo Jump.

>Yeah, you can't summon Heroic Spirits outside of the Nasuverse unless it has the Grail and the Throne of Heroes.
I said outside the jump doc not outside the Fate universe, like go to fate say no to the grail war and summon my own servants with blackjack and waifus.

>always stronger

Reminder that Primate Murder is canonically able to do something True Magics can't ("true" ressurection) and Avalon is also explicitly proof against all the True Magics. So any enemy is a bit of an exaggeration.

>to fully replace entirely lost or destroyed things
The Base GoB already does that. Haven't you noticed that Gil uses multiple copies of unique consumables?

Wait, isn't there a set of Grail War plans you can buy? Which also seem to imply the setup needed can use magics to access the Throne of Heroes directly

In Genius the Transgression, are bardos susceptible to havoc?

No, actually, I don't believe I've ever seen that. What would be some examples of such?

In my chain, for fluff purposes, Jumper woke up in that jump with a massive hang-over and command seals. They had managed to enter the war by summoning a spot for themself but, as a meta "prevent powergaming" measure, they can't figure out how they actually managed to do it.