Get bamboozled by everyone everywhere despite being the "smartest" primarch

>get bamboozled by everyone everywhere despite being the "smartest" primarch
>fuck up everyrhing forever
>join the side of Horus even though he is the one responsible for you getting BTFO

How is this assclown a sympathetic figure again?

He was a smart beta loser with an autistic hobby and a fucking giant

Veeky Forums relates

Because Russ is a dick.

Not too versed on HH stuff, did he ever ask emps if he could help with whatever emps was doing?

>blaming Russ for Magnus' faggotry

Russ may have been a dick but Magnus was a retard, he was totally justified for putting Magnus down

>he was totally justified for putting Magnus down
No he wasn't because that was explicitly what he wasn't supposed to do. He just didn't know if and didn't question Horus, because he was a dick. Not 100% Russ' fault mind you, because why WOULD he question Horus - if anything, the more likeable and sociable right hand of the Emperor?

WRONG.

The Emperor stated in Vengeful Spirit that Magnus deserved what he got

>Horus - if anything, the more likeable and sociable right hand of the Emperor?
HERESY! BLAM!

>The Emperor stated in Vengeful Spirit that Magnus deserved what he got
Because Emps is a real dick and hates it when his tools start misbehaving.

>The Emperor stated in Vengeful Spirit that Magnus deserved what he got

Deserved maybe but that's still not what the Emperor ordered.

And in that case then doesn't the blame lay with the Emperor (just like everything else Primarch related)

Idk the emperor only started treating the Primarchs like tools in Master of Mankind kind of find it hard to believe he was that much of a dick when countless novels say otherwise

The Emperor literally gave Horus the authority to speak with his voice, Russ had zero reason not to believe him when he said orders had changed.

Prospero fucking needed to burn.

This. Prospero was a fucking mistake

Dark Imperium says his callousness was only revealed after 10,000 years of ascension to an astral form. While alive he would "deceive" and "allow others to believe" he cared and loved his sons.

Little Magnymagic is a failure in every way you can see him

magnus was a fool

ahriman, now, theres your tragic hero.

>cherry-picked primarch evaluation threado
>for the thousandth time this month

Remember to sage lads.

I read that. The Emperor called the Primarchs his sons several times, it wasnt until ADB got ahold of writing the Emperor that the "doesnt care for them" narrative started

He didn't just call them that, he fucking let Horus tear him to pieces because he loved his favorite kid that damn much.

What point are you trying to make?

>What point are you trying to make?
His point is likely that ADB is a chaos-loving hack trying to paint Emps in the worst light possible?
Or something. I dunno, I'm not that user.

Thats the point I was trying to make. That anti emperor/peo magnus faggot is just shitposting

Not canon.

Literally the only cannon.

>bill king isn't canon
I'll grant you the fact that it's excellent bait, but posting it this frequently is losing its charm.

I hear that, perfect example of doing everything right and still losing in the end.

>How is this assclown a sympathetic figure again?

It's because GW created him to be a traitor long before anyone decided to give him a sympathetic backstory.

The IP manager has said it's not canon anymore. So deal with it.

Next you're going to tell me the heroic sacrifice of Ollanius Pius is not canon as well.

>Next you're going to tell me the heroic sacrifice of Ollanius Pius is not canon as well.

>arguing that Bill King's story is still canon
>mentioning Ollanius Pius at all

>shit talking bill king

well fuck you too

His story about the siege of terra was the ONLY Horus Heresy we needed and he did it in a short story

30k was a mistake. the HH series was a mistake. Your birth was a mistake.

My point was that Bill King's story didn't mention Ollanius Pius. It was an Imperial Fists terminator that interrupted the duel.

Wasn't that retconned to be a Custodes?

>Next you're going to tell me the heroic sacrifice of Ollanius Pius is not canon as well.

Well it won't be when Garviel Loken stands in his place :^)

>he didn't question the literal warmaster
>he didnt question the person who commands with the authority of the Emperor himself
>this means Russ is a dick

Magnus got everything he deserved and Russ did nothing wrong

See, the thing about Magnus is that he's JUST smart enough to be very stupid. He's the man who is SO SMART that he does dumb things because he thinks it's for the greater good.

The whole attack on Prospero is basically like this.

Magnus knows he's fucked up. So he sits back and awaits judgement, and does everything to stop his sons from fighting. He basically goes "Okay Russ, I'm right here. I surrender."

He doesn't go up into space to meet Russ's fleet, because he doesn't want to die. Instead, he's hoping Russ will come down to apprehend him. He doesn't know, however, that Russ is going to start bombarding the planet on bad information.

So Prospero is fucked, and Magnus still doesn't want to fight. He's thinking that "Look, it's better if we all die. If we fight back, Chaos gets the advantage. If we fuck up the Wolves, the Emperor might lose the big battle to come."

The thing is, he doesn't want his homeland and his sons to be destroyed, either. So when his sons go to fight the Wolves, he hopes for the best and expects the worse. Obviously, Russ wrecks them, and the sight of everyone he knows and loves - dying horribly - spurs Magnus to action at last.

But by then, it's too late. Russ fucks him up, and Magnus has to make a deal with the devil to get everyone to safety. It's not that Magnus doesn't KNOW he's damned, it's just that he has no other options.

Magnus has a glimpse of The Big Picture, but it's not enough. And that's why he's sympathetic: He really is doing this for everyone's good. He sees magic as a kind of neutral force to be channeled. He does not know that the source of all magic is malevolent and actively fucking him over.

Can 100% see this happening out. But on the other hand I think lokken may be the character abadon was sperging out about in gathering storm.
Maybe it's horus aximand, I can definitely see him being loyalist again.

This is why Ahriman is the better sympathetic character because he tried his damnedest to save his brothers and planet while Magnus was moping, then tried to save them all from the mutations and what did he get for his efforts. Dicked over by Tzeentch, most of his brother are dust at his hands and banishment with the only hope of redemption being a lost library in the webway.

Yeah, but Magnus didn't do the Rubric because he knew it wouldn't work. His hands were effectively tired.

You're not moping if every solution is an awful one. The thing is, Magnus has a vast amount of knowledge, and it's knowledge about how fucked his situation is.

Ahriman's solution was effectively "Look, let's nuke ourselves. That should cure our cancer." while Magnus was like "What? No, why the fuck would you do that? You can't cure cancer that way!"

Good tales all but the sympathy sort of evaporates when they both turn around and start sucking that chaos cock hard in a sort of WELL IF I'M DAMNED ANYWAY MAY AS WELL BECOME MEGA GIGA DAMNED AND ALSO DAMN AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN AROUND ME AND SLAUGHTER THE INNOCENT HAHAHA

At some point they made the choice, rather than embracing death, to embrace chaos and make it their master

he's the Jeb Bush of the Heresy. He failed at everything he tried and ended up losing his shit.

Magnus is a mess

It's the tragedy of a loving but troubled family member who gets into drug abuse and becomes intolerable. Chaos is a hell of a drug.

Magnus is a great example as to why all the Primarch should've died during the Heresy.

It's not confirmed but sort of hinted that all the primarchs that fell to chaos (except for Horus) sort of WERE planned to be temporary/used up

to elaborate, we know that the Golden Throne was originally meant for Magnus, who was going to be the Beacon while the Emperor finished the human webway. Given what it's done to the Emperor, this likely would have killed Magnus outright, though not as quickly as it did Malcador.

Angron was always intended to be an attack dog judging how the Emperor just did not give a fuck and left the nails in his skull

Pertuabo was kind of overlooked and ignored even before Horus started doing it on purpose

>Lorgar
lmao

Anyone ever noticed this guy looks and dresses like a fucking Oni?

it's the red skin

He's like the mix of Balor, Oni and Ogre mage. Or something.

That's not actually right.

See, sitting on the Golden Throne was never in fact a problem for the Emperor. The problem is holding the Webway Gate shut, so that daemons don't break through. The Emperor is perfectly fine being the Beacon (i.e. the Astronomicon). What caused him a lot of strain was preventing the invasion of Terra.

If Magnus had become the Beacon, he would actually be more-or-less fine. Malcador died because - you guess it - he was keeping the daemonic hordes at bay when the Emperor went to fight Horus.

Well, he is literally designed after Balor, who of course had one eye and iirc red skin

Magnusfags dont understand chain of command. They are literally mental midgets

Yeah, torturing and immolating that innocent remembrancer was totally justified and sympathetic...

So all those Nazis and other war criminals throughout history who were only following the orders of someone higher up than them are blameless despite international courts claiming otherwise, got it.

You are implying Russ committed a crime, he did not

Thanks for proving my point faggot

We will see when we arrive there in the HH.
The Horus Heresy books is the ONLY canon. Deal with it.

>black library
>only canon
They are barley canon as it is.

Cry more bitch nigger

Things that Magnus did wrong:

> Murdered up to 2,000 slaves so that he would have enough psychic power to send a message to the Emperor
> Made a pact with the daemon-gods of the Warp that Horus now served to warn Emps of his betrayal, even though he could have just sent several ships or gone himself to Terra
> Cast the spell so that he broke the wards surrounding the Webway, forever turning the portal by the Golden Throne into a two-way swinging saloon door of shitfuckery that kept Emps nailed to the Golden Throne and prevented him from stopping the Horus Heresy when it started
> Broke the Edict of Nikaea, like, instantly, therefore qualifying him as a traitor to the Emperor's will
> Taught his entire Legion to use daemons of the Warp as batteries and familiars, thereby accelerating their fall to Chaos
> Didn't immediately fall on his sword when Russ arrived, possibly sparing his children by surrendering
> Ordered his Thousand Sons not to resist when the Wolves attacked, leading to a terrible and uncoordinated defense of Prospero, all but guaranteeing the deaths of everyone on the planet

Things that Leman Russ did wrong:

> Followed orders

I don't like the Space Wolves or Lemon Pledge at all, but Magnus the Red deserved to be executed.

Really, the Thousand Sons as a whole should have been discontinued like the 11th and 2nd Legions. They were too unstable to survive without sorcery, and even with sorcery they're kind of doomed.

I love when transexual sons faggots claim Russ disobeyed orders when the warmaster told him to fuck Magnus up, yet they ways forget this:

>"Woe betide he who ignores my warning or breaks faith with me. He shall be my enemy, and I will visit such destruction upon him and all his followers that, until the end of all things, he shall rue the day he turned from my light."

He's a nerd in a medium there the target audience are nerds.

Not the smartest but the most educated. Magnus was making the worst choices for the right reasons all through his character arc. He was played like a fucking fiddle though. And I don't understand why he is seemingly cool with blue bird after being his trophy for ten thousand years.

>Russ did nothing wrong
Magnus is often characterized as arrogant but no one is worse than that uninspired trashbag of a furry that only thinks with his testosterone.
I love vikings as much as anyone, but the fact that the viking primarch turned out like russ is a fucking disaster.

Russ is one of, probably the best fleshed Primarchs

The character abbadon sperged out about was Guilliman, thats why he personally went after Cawl right after he found out what was happening. They failed because the eldar showed up, Guillimans back, and Abbadon is too booty blasted to leave the eye of terror

He's not supposed to be.

Other-thans who have been ostracized by society for being "different" identify with him and feel sympathetic, but strictly speaking Magnus was ultimately the cause of every single one of his problems for believing he knew more than he did or that he knew better than others. If he had listened to the many and countless warnings from nearly everyone around him, he would not have been tricked by Tzeentch into fucking up the webway.

You seem to be either horribly misinformed, or are a false flagging space yiff fanboy.

> Murdered up to 2,000 slaves so that he would have enough psychic power to send a message to the Emperor

Things the emperor does daily for 500.

> Made a pact with the daemon-gods of the Warp that Horus now served to warn Emps of his betrayal, even though he could have just sent several ships or gone himself to Terra

Now I know you haven't read the books. Magnus didn't (willingly) draw on chaos to try and reach the emperor. It was also explained why he didn't want to leave such crucial information to chance.

> Cast the spell so that he broke the wards surrounding the Webway, forever turning the portal by the Golden Throne into a two-way swinging saloon door of shitfuckery that kept Emps nailed to the Golden Throne and prevented him from stopping the Horus Heresy when it started

Was a big mistake, but that wasn't his intention and he had no idea what he was doing would cause that.

> Broke the Edict of Nikaea, like, instantly, therefore qualifying him as a traitor to the Emperor's will

Emps was in the wrong on that one.

> Taught his entire Legion to use daemons of the Warp as batteries and familiars, thereby accelerating their fall to Chaos

They, again, had no sign of the threat.

> Didn't immediately fall on his sword when Russ arrived, possibly sparing his children by surrendering

Wasn't gonna happen.

> Ordered his Thousand Sons not to resist when the Wolves attacked

You're gonna shit on magnus regardless of what he does, huh?

>I don't like the Space Wolves or Lemon Pledge at all, but Magnus the Red deserved to be executed.

t. King Yiff

Russ is the one responsible for Nikea, if he wasn't such an austist about honour none of it would have happened. And he was only to happy to jump at the opportunity to kill magnus. Because he was shamed by magnus not hurling his men into meat grinders and actually caring about his ksons.

MAGICAL FENRIS WOODLAND SPIRITS! NOT WARP! TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

HH is the canonest of canons there are. Is so canon that is a category on itself.

>Black Library
>Canon

The 1k sons and magnus were using rites involving human sacrifice to fuel their ambitions of power long before russ got the kill word. Magnus alone is the reason the rift below terra is real and humanity is in fuckhuge desperation in 40k.

Magnus was compromised by tzeentch when he was but a child.

>Magnus didn't (willingly) draw on chaos to try and reach the emperor.
This literally and objectively happens. The wards around the Imperial Palace are too strong for Magnus to break, a giant warp presence rears up behind him and offers him more power to break through the anti-warp wards, and Magnus accepts the power without a single backward glance.

tl;dr Fagnus

The emperor only has to sacrifice psykers because Maguns fucked up lol. Magnus literally is the worst thing to ever happen

>The 1k sons and magnus were using rites involving human sacrifice

Read A Thousand Sons faggot

Read it and just ignore that the spell drained the life out of 2,000 thralls just to power it? I'm looking at the book right now, you nonce.

What the fuck are you even arguing then jackass? Magnus clearly killed innocents by your own admission

>Magnus didn't (willingly) draw on chaos to try and reach the emperor.

>Then he felt it, the familiar sense of something titanic moving the the swells around him, a continent adrift in the ocean with ancient sentience buried in its aetheric heart. Infinite spectra of light danced before him, more magnificent than even the most radiant Mechanicum Borealis. Even to one so mighty as Magnus, the flaring eruption of light and power was incredible.
>Its communication was sibilant, like sand pouring through the neck of an hourglass. It had breadth and depth, yet no beginning and no end, as though it had always existed around him and always would.
>It spoke, not with words, but with power. It surrounded him, offering itself freely and without ulterior motive. The Great Ocean was truly a place of contradictions, its roiling, infinite nature allowing for the presence of all things, good and bad. Just as some entities within its depths were malicious and predatory, others were benevolent and altruistic.

Reminder that Roboute Guilliman, the most reasonable of the primarchs, with the benefit of hindsight and about a hundred years to contemplate it, thinks Magnus was in the right.

continued:

>Contrary to what most people believed, there was uncorrupted power here that could be wielded by those with the knowledge and skill to do so. Such gifted individuals were few and far between, but through the work of adepts like Magnus, it might yet be possible to lift humanity to a golden age of exploration adn the acquisition of knowledge.
>Magnus drank deep of the offered power and tore his way into the golden lattice. He felt its shrieking wail of unmaking as a scream of pain. Without a second thought, he flew into the shimmering passageway, following a route he knew would lead to Terra.

So that's Tzeentch offering power to Magnus, Magnus reminiscing about how EVERYONE ELSE is wrong about the Warp, and taking it without any thought toward what Tzeentch might want.

He was a fucking idiot.

Wrong. The Emperor doesn't care started back when Angron's origin was first written.

Oh, that was a sarcastic post. I was arguing AGAINST the T-sons apologist.

Fucking wrong

Guilliman knows Magnus was so fucking wrong that it's implied he's suppressing his own psyker potential just so he doesn't end up like the boiled lobster man.

The Emperor wants closers, why would he care about that loser Angron?

He did nothing wrong. All blame lies squarely at the Emperor's feet. Everything that Magnus did was for the Emperor and for his Legion. The Emperor made a demi-god and treated him like a grunt.

Apart from the human sacrifice discussed earlier, bargaining his soul to Tzeentch, assuming the emperor's 30k years of experience weren't worth more than his hundred, and literally everything else he ever did, I agree with you.

>smart
naeh he was just a nerd with an autistic obsession that others did not care for.

The Emperor wanted Alphas like Russ, Dorn and Horus. Instead he had asscliwns like Magnhs and Lorgar

>Russ is the one responsible for Nikea, if he wasn't such an austist about honour none of it would have happened.

Literally wrong faggot, go read Scars.

Russ didn't even push for an official ruling for sorcery. It was entirely Mortarion who petitioned the Emperor multiple times to kill the librarius- he'd been trying from the moment it was created.

Russ was only there to serve as a witness for how much of a faggot the 1Ksons were being.

Dont forget that Emperor cast away his loving side when battling with Horus. That explains why he became so cold towards everyone.

Wrong, not only does the IP manager and the previous editor said that the William King's version is retconned, Girlyman saw the memories of the Emperor in their full context. He had NEVER at any point did see the Primarchs as his sons and he never loved them.

>Thinking BL is canon

>>fuck up everyrhing forever
THAT WAS LOGAR GODS DAMN IT!!!

10000% convinced beta nerds are the only people defending Magnus at this point. I'm sure it covers betas, social justice warriors, people with severe mental illnesses (especially Trans) and people who sucked at sports as well.

Any normal human being can see russ did nothing wrong.

Source?

Reminder that Mortarion is actually the one who did nothing wrong

Isn't the Emperor's mind fracturing in the Warp, and becoming more and more unstable? The thousand or so minds that make up him are breaking away?

Also, did the Emperor ever love anything or anyone?