Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Worldbuilding edition
How specific do you tend to get when describing the biology of your world's races? How standard do you go? What tropes do you break?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80343/a-ruse-by-any-other-name
sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/huldra
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling/archetypes/rogue-genius-games-adept-godling-archetypes/blacksnake/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What.

This is the future /pfg/ chose.

/pfg/ was a mistake

Yes.

So was your conception, but you don't see your parents bring that up at every turn.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80343/a-ruse-by-any-other-name

2 month recruiting period.

So is this the new DAA?

Why does Notorious Vigilante require nongood alignment? Seems like classic Chaotic Good.

>he doesn't get the joke

So who's getting into DAA anyway?

Noone. It's a confirmed bamboozle.

What is one minor fear your character has? What is one thing they like to do that your party might not know about? Tell me about the little touches that bring your characters to life.

My character hates spiders.
He enjoys whittling little carvings of animals

What does he do with the carvings? Has he ever given them to NPCs or to members of the party? Does he leave them around, or carry them all with him?

Statuettes of Power fan?

she can't swim

She's terrified of sharks due to a near death experience.
She asks her prince fiancee to tie her up because she likes being able to shunt responsibility into other people's hands

Our party undine actually laughed at all of us while we tried to swim. It was pretty hilarious, desu. Is she embarrassed by this? Has she ever thought to ask for lessons form another party member during downtime?

Y-yeah well, put your Undine in a desert and see how she fares

Being alone, though more of the "I'll never have people around me in the long term" and less "I need someone to be nearby"

No and she's being forced to get on a ship help I think she needs water wings

He usually leaves them around on windowsills and market stalls and such, hoping that someone will find them and keep them as little trinkets.

Sometimes if he's really proud of a carving, he'll give them to someone he likes

Nah, they're not magical. He just thinks it's a good way to pass the time

A wise investment.

If you take Eldritch Heritage/Improved Eldritch Heritage for the Orc Bloodline, which would fit the concept, you get great bonuses that would fit. Touch of Rage uses are based on Charisma, which you'll get a lot of as Angelkin, and Strenght of the Beast adds Strength, which will add to your intimidate with Intimidating Prowess, also improving your Dazzling Display.

You'll also want to grab Disheartening Display to make the most of Dazzling Display and make enemies shit their pants.

So we're currently talking 5 feats. Might want to ask Linnorm GM if you can take the Dazzling Display ones as bloodline feats, it would fit for both Celestial and Orc bloodlines, imho.

This is... cute.

Now that Illaria has gotten in, can we expect some more drawfaggotry? I know Witch's player said he would do some writefagging if he got in, but what about WS?

Skill Focus (Survival) for Eldritcht Heritage is going to suck ass, though. No idea why Orc Bloodline is Survival, not Intimidate. So it's actually 6 feats. Ouch.

I've been mocking him recently for crashing our flying ship, so we're pretty even.
Being alone is pretty daunting. I think a lot of us can probably relate to that.
Was this shark incident recent or backstory?
AAAA, I wish her luck!
That's really nice!

>HIM
Dropped.

He actually hates blood, he just thinks's expected of him as a crusader of Ragathiel and as an orc to enjoy it.

I need an opinion folks.
sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/huldra
What class would be interesting for a huldra who likes cooking, weightlifting/bar-bending, housekeeping, and running? I was thinking one of Barbarian, Fighter, Kineticist, or Witch; are there better alternatives?

Witch. Housekeeping and cooking? C'mon, it's no contest.

Had a similar character. Old myths of his people considered them incredibly savage on the battlefield. Does he have any hobbies? Does anybody know he hates blood?

Our very first session, as a matter of fact.
Pirate campaign, and she's the rogue with decent con so it was decided that she'd be the one diving to scout out a wreck.
Little did she know that a Saguahin was inside riding a great white, and as a result, she now has a half-circle of scars covering her tummy on full display whenever she's in the buff.

That's what I was thinking, but then I noticed the Huldra having... somewhat-subpar Intelligence for such a role. Although the Hexes fit them perfectly.

How about a paladin?

Ouch! Glad she got out with just the scars. Does she stay on the ship now? I probably wouldn't be too keen on going back in the water after that.

She hasn't had too much choice in the matter, given that she's still the crew's best diver.
However, if the waters are notably shark infested, she won't go in. If she sees a shark, she's headed right the fuck out of the water and into her quarters to get PTSD cuddles with her pet pseudodragon.

That's fair. Where'd she get a pseudodragon? That's a fancy pet to have.

It should probably be known that this is a 5e campaign
Warlock levels into pact of the chain, except that now that she's unfortunately had her magic forcefully torn out of her, said pseudodragon is feeling sickies, and is potentially in a lot more danger now that she can't resummon him.
Not that she would in the first place, given that from the beginning he's been closer to a proper companion than just a lame familiar.

Yikes! Well, keep him out of danger, for sure. I hope you don't run into any sharks out there!

I very much plan on it!
Now that I'm going full rogue, I'm likely to be playing to my cute brown half elf's ranged strengths, which means that he'll be staying nice and safe while serving as an adorable scaly neckwrap.

WS is a treasure

>tfw no Jericho
>tfw no doublegroup
fug

Seducer Witch. That IS what huldra did, after all.

>no space jam

I honestly didn't think Takashi was all that. I'm kind of convinced it was just Broodie but I might be wrong.

7. Weapon Focus.

Yeah, I suggest asking the Linnorm DM if OGLASH can combine the bonus feats from the sorcerer orc bloodline and the bloodrager celestial bloodline and add the dazzling display list of feats to it, especially since the celestial feats SUCK ASS for the concept. Might also want to ask for substituting the survival skill focus for intimidate skill focus to get eldricht heritage (orc bloodline), because survival would be pretty wasted.

I want to make sweet love to Broodie to console him for this defeat

Takashi was a fun idea, and could have made a great addition to a party.

Just probably not Ensoulment considering how high-faluting it was and how jokey he is. He'd be better off in a game that isn't trying so hard to be deep and meaningful, something more like Overlewd or SEagle's Dragon games.

>Does he have any hobbies?
Crushing tiny heads of evil kobolds for the greater good. Sharpening holy axe.
>Does anybody know he hates blood?
Only his mom.

I just liked that he was legit just a basketball player.

You have terrible taste

This is very possible.

Takashi, C3, and Rinta probably all died for their schedule. Rinta got withdrawn for fluffy tails, Takashi having "Monday Only" ended him, and C3's abysmal schedule that amounts to "Saturday all day or Sunday morning teehee" basically fucked her sideways right from the start.

Does he visit his mom ever?

That screencap is quite enlightening.

So /pfg/ what was the real problem with Jericho not getting in and why was it DHB being a genuinely unlike able and unpleasant person to talk to/play with

Availability/composition, DHB is great and a precious member of our community

So, assuming no houserulings, in no particular order:
>Skill Focus (Survival)
>Eldricht Heritage (Orc)
>Improved Eldricht Heritage (Orc)
>Weapon Focus (Undecided)
>Intimidating Prowess
>Dazzling Display
>Disheartening Display
Well thankfully the Celestial Bloodline Bonus Feats from lvl 6 onwards helps wit this in almosst no fucking way whatsoever, why the fuck does celestial bloodline give you access to fucking Mounted Combat and Ride-By Attack?

>OGLASH
ORGLASH OF RAGA-THEL, GET RIGHT OR GET REKT!

Probably not, he's crusading far from his home, alone, after being an outcast for most of his life. He hopes to return one day, with the blessings of Ragathiel, and show all orcs a better way.

>middle aged elf-tiefling inquisitor||cavalier gestalt VMC Bard w/ 2 levels in alchemist on the cavalier side
>at level 4 has +28 to all knowledge skills when identifying monsters
>+40 if I burn spells
Never again will we not know what a creature is.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling/archetypes/rogue-genius-games-adept-godling-archetypes/blacksnake/
I found this neat thing, but I can't understand, how Rogue Genius Games' archetype packages work. Can someone explain it to me, please? Or at least point there it's explained.

Fucked if I know m8

Is this a solo campaign, or are you with a party on some mission?

aaaaaa I want to marry DHB

Would wearing a buckler classify as having an empty hand for Crane Style/Wing?

Anyone have the Sphere of Might playtest saved?

>actually using that dumpster fire

PF was a mistake overall.

Yes but the rule is not very clear on if you lose the shield bonus.

Dumpster diving for the few good stuffs

It was confirmed that Jericho was one of eight apps being considered a Saturday game.

Working on ORGLASH, BUTCHER OF BELKZEN, and while I've got some ideas for traits, we're allowed a Drawback, too.

Should I go with Lonely, Crueltu, Vainglory, Doubt, or Naive?

Any could fit the character, but I'm unsure which to take (and subsequently play up if he ever gets played).

He's alone, presently. He hasn't met up wit the party yet, and has recently reached the shores of the glorious Land of the Linnorm Kings, to seek honourable warriors and FIGHT EVIL.

Is there a way to use Oracles Life Link as a free action/swift action or something? Using it as a standard action just doesn't seem worth it, unless you precast a million of them before combat

So! Who's gonna take their NPC spots for Ensoulment?

How much do you bet Protagonist is gonna use your character anyway regardless of what you say?

I won't. Protag is a great guy, and can use my character if he wants, though I don't think he'd really do so without asking.

If I understand it correctly, it basically means every class has a set of class features that are defined as an "Archetype Package", defined in the column to the right. If you take Blacksnake, you replace the Archetype Package of your class with the new abilities .

I don't have an open schedule at the session time.

the more reasonable expectation is that players give some insight on how their character would act for protag to use them as NPCs. It's the type of thing I expected when he said people would be NPC'd and I don't see where the idea that people would play them came from.

If it'd be in some hope that they'd be the first in line after someone drops then eh. You'd likely be sitting there for a long time before those efforts bore fruit.

>I don't see where the idea that people would play them came from.
Him posting literally just that.

Oh, so in the right side are basic archetypes. I see it now. Thank you, good sir/mam.

> It is also worth noting that all elves’ ears are about as sexually sensitive as breasts, and a great deal of elven foreplay centers around them. One intimate greeting among elves is rubbing ears.
Friendly reminder to bully your party's elves by rubbing their ears.

so is cutting off their ears like circumcision?

Cutting off ears is mutilation and RUDE.

Depends on their class.

Doing so to the rogue or the slayer might be dangerous, while doing it to a witch who doesn't like her ears being touched is BAD. Healers, paladins, and summoners are very pettable elves.

Doing it to the witch is how you assert dominance.
Slayers and rogues can easily just be held down by the barb while you molest their ears as well.

>Healers, paladins, and summoners are very pettable elves.
>all of that not int-based, making them rare
Why is life so cruel?

>molesting someone who can grant enemies bonuses against you
This is not a survival oriented idea.

How does crafting magic items work when using CL? For example can I downcraft ie if I'm CL10 and want to create a potion of CLW as a CL1 and thus create cheaper but less effective potions?

Survival is overrated
Getting a cute elf to melt in your hands like putty is well worth any risk.

This guy gets it.

Point.

and who knows, if you do it well enough, she might make you a poppet that looks like her to snuggle in bed

Potions costs are flat rates for the spell level you use to cast the spell. You can't lower casting costs on them. Wands, on the other hand, you could do this with, as well as staves.

I won't settle for that, dammit!
Those ears need to be mine, no matter what the cost!
I just need to protect her enough that she gives in to her base urges and stops being tsun about her enjoyment of getting ear groped.

Magic items are by default crafted at the minimum caster level(generally determined by the spell/spells involved, but sometimes by other factors, such as staves having minimum CL of 8). You can, if you want to, craft them at higher caster level as well, limited by your crafting abilities, not by your caster level.

I'm just a bit thrown off by the formula being "Base price = spell level × caster level × 50 gp."

And since the minimum CL to pick up brew potion is 3, doesn't that mean that a CLW potion for example would cost 250gp if crafted by a 5th level caster and yield a potion that heals for 1d8+5, yet if a 20th level caster crafts the same potion the cost would be 1,000gp and yet still yield a 1d8+5 potion?

No. You pick which CL you craft the item at.
It's not related to your own CL in any way whatsoever.
Even crafting an item at above your CL is just a flat +5 DC to the check.

See >Magic items are by default crafted at the minimum caster level
Whether you're 5th level or 20th level, unless you deliberately choose otherwise, any potion of CLW you craft is going to be CL 1 and priced accordingly.