To settle a dispute, God and Satan are running an experiment. God calls a small number of people forward...

To settle a dispute, God and Satan are running an experiment. God calls a small number of people forward, yourself included, to a stage on which he and Satan reside.

They want to know who is a better DM/GM, so they offer two different campaigns.

>God has a campaign with a theme of redemption
>The worldbuilding is literally the best it is gonna get, with God being able to visualize everything your party would see as lifelike visions
>Your characters are not required to do no wrong, only that they learn from their mistakes
>The 'combat' kinda stinks. All encounters will have a peaceful solution; they are heavily encouraged
>NPCs fully lifelike, though a bit more saccharine than what reality shows.
>This campaign is sure to be comfy and make you leave feeling refreshed with fuzzy feelings

>Satan has a campaign with a theme of getting stronger
>The combat is amazing, being shockingly realistic, but without most of the pain.
>Your characters don't need to do evil shit, just get stronger and reap the benefits
>The worldbuilding is sub-par. While Satan does describe the world, he mostly breezes over stuff unless it is combat related
>NPCs fully lifelike, but more despicable than what reality shows.
>This campaign is sure to be exciting and make you leave feeling empowered

Some rules they made.

1. You may not switch after choosing
2. The sessions will not take up any time of the players on Earth; they are essentially out of the loop of time while playing.
3. This will end after a half year worth of playing time, and players will be asked how they enjoyed their campaign and why. Same for what they didn't like.
4. The players will be forced to tell the truth at that point; no lies will be able to protect feelings.

God says one more thing

The players on the side of the winner of this squabble will be given free reign over the powers/skills/wealth/waifus they obtain within their campaign and allowed to take them down to Earth with them.

So Veeky Forums, who will you choose?

In reality, I run both of them with different groups. They both make for cool campaigns in their own separate ways, and nothing stops you from doing both.
If I was to choose it'd probably be God though. But it depends on the people I play with, and the kind of fun we all want. I have nothing against either.

God.

There is no God but Jehovah.

We praise you, Lord of Lords, and King of Kings.

Jesus Christ, the son of God, is the Messiah sent to save all mankind.

John 3:16

Depends on the system.

Gotta side with with Big Guy on principle, but he sounds like a better GM anyway.

Ah, pardon. I meant 'He' sounds like a better GM.

Finding the peaceful solution _can_ be as fun as beating kobolds to pulp, when done well.

But they both sound really great.

I... think I'd like more information about the settings and such, but to be honest, Satan's campaign sounds like I'd have more fun with it.

I usually find immersive world building to be the core of a memorable campaign. Redemption is also one of my favourite themes.
I'm just afraid no one would pick Satan out of fear of God punishing them, and God would feel inclined to give them some kind of advantage. I really don't want Satan to win because he's clearly a shitty GM.

Both of those sound like they would be fun, for different reasons. But if you don't get to play in both games, how will you know if you made the right choice? I'm confused about how me playing in one game or the other will help either God or Satan end this dispute.

Afterwards, I'd seriously consider asking for a change of reward. Instead of having all the character abilities of whatever character I ended up playing, can I get them both to work together? I really need a good GM, and God and Satan working together sound like they would make something amazing.

I ask if I can play them both (because what's the point of telling me how the campaign is going to be? I have to experience it for myself), point out the flaws in both of their styles, and ask why they can't learn from each other or at least do a collaborative game.

If God is omnipotent, why then he just win the game instead? Because he doesn't exist, neither Satan does. Your thread is shit, kys asap please

He does win, Satan's just stupid/vain enough to think he's got a chance, like you on a date

Big G, hands down.
It's rarely about the cruch, and more of the experience.

I'm gonna go with satan. It's gonna be shitty with only two players but it seems alright. He can't be that bad of a guy.

Tame blandness vs. Something that's totally metal. Geez, I dunno.

Gonna go with the big S. Fluff is good an all but with no combat just Rping feels really gay

God because he can tell me what I need to do to be chill with him and get into heaven after I kick it.

Unless I get into Valhalla, I'd rather go there.

OP here. Based on the response, God gives another option. You may participate in both campaigns to have a more accurate measurement, but you will only get the special reward from one of them. Picking Satan as better GM will not get you instantly sent to hell, while picking God as better GM will not get you instantly sent to heaven. God and Satan are open to many systems, including making something from scratch, but it must can't be something they would be against (i.e. God will not run F.A.T.A.L.) Setting will be fantasy by default, but both God and Satan are willing to try something else.

I might want to see Satan try to run FATAL and how he'll try to make it fun.

Imagine being stuck there for half a year playing FATAL and doing the math for everything unless he houserules stuff.

Oh man, Satan is my homeboy, but I'm 100% with God on this one. It just sounds more fun & up my alley.

Satan sounds boring as hell, gotta go with the big G, even without the bonus on top. I like combat but if I just wanted to do combat I would play a wargame.

Laid back, feel-good campaigns are rare as fuck. Well done ones even more so.

There's a chance that the other players in the group could dampen the experience by way of being fuckwits, but having GOD as a DM would probably prevent most of that.

I ask them why are yhey not using gurps.

Then get obliterated until jackson releases GURPS: Existence.

Going with the Divine GM on this one, I'll finally be able to flesh out an excellent Paladin. Or maybe a Cleric or Druid.

Go with Satan on the basis that he runs shadowrun.

Accept reward.

Enjoy giving humanity magic and tech advancements.

God campaign, no context. I love world building, life like DMing would be wild, and I legitimately love finding peaceful solutions to situations in both table top and vidya, so God's game would be set for me.

>no context
Meant no contest, but honestly I'd go into God's campaign with no context and see what happens.

Am I going to go to hell if I like the Devils game better? Do I have the option not to play?

It is very difficult for me to find non-violent solutions to certain things.

Check out You don't go to Hell for siding with the Devil on this.

That's part of the fun. Getting stuck in situations where you're certain someone has to die for things to be resolved, and then coming out with some crazy plan that just works in the nick of time to either escape, bring peace to the situation, or hold off the fight until you can come up with a more permanent solution that doesn't involve a head getting crushed in.

See
I mean, God will understand if you don't want to play. He will just have to give phenomenal adventure, mystical power, and loving waifus to your neighbor Chad Thundercock.

>tfw my players keep trying to fuck all the monsters I throw at them.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the sin of lust and all, but it literally is the ONLY tactic they use. I might just have to switch out systems.

Sounds like a mixture of both would create the perfect setting.

I am 100% down for the noblecomfybright and thus going that way.

>t. Prometheus 2.0

That would actually be pretty good. Thanks for such a large contribution to humanity. Just keep an eye on that liver of yours.

Yeah, that's the point.

Well this a fairly predictable fight between the two. of them. I insist that I GM and that God and Satan make PCs. Not because I want to more powerful than them or a bit, but just because I'd much rather see how they work together in a party. Would they both become the ultimate That Guy's? Would the put aside their differences to beat my campaign effortlessly? If I can't GM, I'd like to Shadowrun

>God always gets 'miraculous' rolls when he needs/wants them
>God is a Savage peacemonger who tries to befriend all enemies after they are defeated.
>Gets into arguments because of the morality system

>Satan is a minmaxing faggot who wants to use his own homebrew race.
>He doesn't share snacks
>Is a total edgelord

>All encounters will have a peaceful solution; they are heavily encouraged

So this is not the Abrahamic God we're talking about then?

>The players on the side of the winner of this squabble will be given free reign over the powers/skills/wealth/waifus they obtain within their campaign and allowed to take them down to Earth with them.
Then I choose whichever DM sounds like he'll give me the ability to create and insert into other worlds without any dependence on reality.
Escapism is best.

I feel as if Satan's setting would be more fun in the short term, while God's would be more enriching and fulfilling in the long term.
But that's the point, isn't it op?

But will Jesus be joining the game?

Seconding this.
Revise your thread OP. There room for smiting and righteous fury in Christianity.

Fuck no. That dick always flips the table and starts a fight whenever he doesn't get his way.

He isn't exactly into tabletop games.

Then have God run Golden Sky Stories, the GAME of fluffy waff where combat is when things have gone horribly wrong and everyone has already lost.

>God and Satan want to know who's a better DM/GM
Why is no one asking about this

Best post in the thread.

Good combat

God, because picking up a pure waifu is better than a tainted waifu. Also benevolent magic and so on.

Omnipotence does not guarantee others will like how you DM/GM.

>The 'combat' kinda stinks. All encounters will have a peaceful solution; they are heavily encouraged
Does crushing the English pigdog and leaving none in our lands save those who remain as food for the crows and hounds count as a peaceful solution?

>"I don't play your games, old man."
>"Truer words were never said."

Wouldn't omniscience do that?

>GSS campaign run by God Himself