Chaos meta - 8th

What have my fellow chaos-fags found to be strong in chaos so far. Currently im sitting on a 3/4 WR with my lascannon spam list. Will post it if asked.

Also, what is the general consensus on the gutted marks.

played one game so far, all i found out was cultists are garbage

Its time to fuck shit up. Combined arms ftw.

Still have a Sorcerer to pick.

I want to make literally dynamic models a thing.

My mechanicus must light up and move

They arent elite, and without characters they are just meat.
Where are Aspiring Champions and Sorccerors? Where is spawns shingangs?

Have you guys played with that new Bloat drone?

Personally, I want to make Leadership drain viable.
There are 3 unit in the index that cause loss of leadership. Raptors, Spawn, and Noxious Blightbringers.
Most units can pick an icon of despair.

What I want to know is how you lot would make this viable?

This interests me, as I am starting DG and the intention that nurgle fucks with morale is pretty plain to see...
I would want it to be the main theme, but it would be hard.
Ideally, you want to get a few units into a bubble of three or four units that lower morale, then do moderate damage to two to three units (no point to waste the points on just getting one unit, at that point WHY not just shoot the unit to death).
But the range is so short for despair icon...

Berserkers got a huge buff from the latest FAQ.

Well, depending on how you've been playing them.

A lot of groups have interpreted the "fight twice" mechanic as: activate berserkers, swing once, your opponent gets to activate a unit, then you can activate your berserkers a second time.

But the FAQ has specified that if your berserkers charge they get to swing twice in a single activation. That means they activate, swing, then swing again. THEN your opponent gets to swing with something.

They were already fierce. Now they'll just straight up demolish anything.

yeah i saw that, should paint up my berserkers and give them a go

If that's really what they meant, then why not just double the attack characteristic? It's functionally identical.

This will double +1 attacking bonuses?

Be'Lakor as well, and the Butcher cannon from fw causes -2LD on morale for a unit that's lost models from it

Not if you're locked in a multiple combat. If you just had double the attacks you'd have to math out statistic likelihood for killing one unit and divide attacks, now you roll one wave of attacks and get to see how much dies before you allocate the next wave.

6 Decimators with dual soulburners next to a Lord granting rerolls (they're legion) and the changeling (they are daemons with Mark of chaos) is absolutely filthy good and will ruin friendships

gunna grab some chinease recast chaos dreadclaws (always loved that model) and make a drop pod chaos army cus you fuck everyones feelings. Also lots of fast attack and maybe a hellblade also abbaddon could be fucking deadly if used right I think haven't played

gunna grab some chinease recast chaos dreadclaws (always loved that model) and make a drop pod chaos army cus you fuck everyones feelings. Also lots of fast attack and maybe a hellblade also abbaddon could be fucking deadly if used right I think haven't played in a long time

Is dredclaw good now? It was alway bogling my mind why chaos dont use them but smurfs do.

At 80 pts for 5 of them, they damn well better be good

What's better for zerkers, rhino rush, or drop pod for maximum overfuckery at turn 1? (at the expense of 200 fucking points per pod)
Also, are khorne warp talons worth it?

Noise Marines: Good, sonics are great, blastmasters are pretty good too but a little unreliable. The fact Noise marines get 2 attacks base is amazing too.

Termies/Bikers/Anything with Plasma: Really really good. Termies are great. Bikers are kinda fragile, you need to play them smart but since they can shoot plasmagun and combi-bolter it's fucking awesome how much heat they can put out. They are useless if they get charged though.

Havocs with missile launchers: fucking awesome, I'd take them over lascannons every time unless I knew I was going up against something super specific that needed the lascannons. It's really hard for me not to just fill all three of my support slots with havocs+ML every time.

Defiler: Eh, I think it's got too few attacks/too low tohit to be that great, but it's a pretty massive distraction that they can't ignore. Also tears the shit out of stuff with real high toughness with defiler claws, but the 4+ sucks. The big gun on it is next to worthless, hits on 5 if you moved so you'll rarely see it do anything useful, though of course that one time it nails something and does a bunch of damage it's nice.

Seems to me that Heldrakes are auto include again.

Eh...

Harass any unit you want? Good. 1-6 auto hits with baleflamer? Alright. Melee flyers? Alright.

They die pretty easy to any legit anti-tank like lascannons or krak missiles.

I was thinking guaranteed first turn charge. Yeah they'll be targeted by AV but somethings got to be.

DP with 2x claws+warp bolter is pretty great. I charged and killed a doom scythe in a single turn in the last game I played. It was cash.

I will admit, that is awesome.

Im still a little confused by the deathguard amy list selection, am i actually allowed to take teminators and vindicators etc in the same army just without the deathguard legion keywork?
I believe the rules say they must share a faction keyword, but does not state how many, is it just one?

That would actually work. Plague marines aim for objectives/stall enemy assault units while The Dark Bastard, Decimators, and your fucking dragons hit the infantry so hard they auto run

Don't forget that psychic power that fucks up units if you roll higher than their LD and furies who munch extra dudes on failed LDs

Yeah you can take whatever you want in your army as long as shares a keyword (chaos) but you can't take those units as Death Guard (so they don't get Death Guard specific aura buffs)

*face tyranid*
>everything autopass moral test
*face Tau, IG, Eldar*
>everything dies before your shitty combo

Rhino rush because it's cheaper and you will be going for a turn 2 charge, you can only do warptime fuckery with one unit in a dreadclaw for turn 1 anyways. A big unit in a Kharybdis on the other hand..

>tyranid
One army
>the other one
Do it right faggot or don't do it at all.

Astra militarum with the mandatory comissar.

"My one commissar is autowin"

Sure thing.

Only played 1 game so far, army was basically 3x 10 noise marine squads, they did fairly well vs all troop types. I might drop the doom sirens from them as they already come with enough dakka. Fully kitted out they are expensive but are strong all around and basically have a near guarantee of firing at least once a game.

Chaos Deredeos are also pretty useful, tried the malignos saker, gonna give butcher canons a shot next time.

Agreed on the doom sirens, I ended up dropping mine too but I might try taking one on squads that I put chainswords on. I actually like chainsword noise marines as crazy as that sounds but it didn't occur to me to wear doom siren on them until just now.

>he doesn't leave a minimum cultist squad in reserve to come in later and sit on your home base objective while the rest of your army rapes and pillages their objectives
stop playing killpoint-only games.