Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sexy Grots edition

>FAQ (New FAQ), Tau Tiers Edition:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Dark Eldar!

Can I use this as a Leviathan dread?

>tau tiers edition

Yarrick vs Sharkan
Who's better for Cons?

>Zombie Drukari

>that hard nerf to Lootas in Wagons

Orks are finished. I'll check back next edition.

How can xenos and chaos space marines even compete with the primaris?

It is significantly bigger and a custodes model.

Doesn't he have rules in the same fucking book?

No, wrong size, wrong weapons

>Page 89 – Wargear
>Add the following before the final paragraph: ‘Models in Assault Squads that have the option for a flamer may take a meltagun or plasma gun instead (replacing their bolt pistol and chainsword).’

Lootas were never good, user.
Orks are a melee race now
inb4 m5

Transports, special weapons and price.

reposting
what the fuck have they done to the void shield generator ?
they completely gutted it's usefulness while doing nothing to the point cost
with a 5+ invuln and a 6 inch range it's literally worse than a skyshield landing pad while costing more both money and points wise

That sucks.
Can't use it in 40k though afaik.

With Primaris marines being shit on the board.

What will make a better base for an army
- SC box, Trukk Boyz and Ork Warboss Grukk's Boss-Mob
or
- SC box, Optimised Pathfinder Team and Cadre Fireblade

Imperial/Traitor Knight in a 2k match - worth it?

How WAACfag/anti-fun is it? I don't want my local gaming group to think I'm "that guy". I think the models look fucking great and I love inordinate amounts of dakka.

>Orks are a melee race!
>Initiative: -

>Complaining that lootas in battlewagons are nerfed
>When other people have been complaining about ork boy hordes being OP
>Quits over it

Wew lad

Without even trying, currently. Primaris are only barely viable at the moment.

Nio LGS. Is there a generic green stuff I can get at Walmart or hobby lobby?

Death Guard are doing just fine according to Dark Imperium and Genestealers will massacre any unit they charge.

>Can't use it in 40k though afaik.
Heresy doesn't have rules yet. Of course his rules are 40k.

And BA players around the world rejoiced that their models that have been legal for ages are allowed again.

Harker and Straken because then you have re roll 1s and orders and 3 attacks if you have a Priest too.

Asscan + fist dread - regular or venerable?

RIP acolytes.

Easily.

if you have the points venerable, because he hits better and is more durable.

What kind of question is this?

I really love my orks but i have never won a game with them and the rules are just fucked for them.

Planning on going necrons.

It's just me or anybody else can't see the new Designers' commentary in english? I had to download the one in my language to see it.

Primaris Marines are shit. Except Hellblasters and Inceptors. Especially Inceptors. Those units are fucking nasty cunts.

#
#
No. The restriction is that a charging unit may not move within 1" of a unit it did not declare a charge against with its charge move. There's no restictions on attacks since for normal units that's handled by being more than 1" away.

How fast are your games? I feel like I'm constantly rolling and moving and making decisions quickly yet my games take forever. My GW manager got annoyed with me today for taking too long and holding a table up so I want to make my games faster.

Anyone else have long games as Guard?

Can anyone tell me what the point of Land Raider Proteus are? They're 10 points more and you gain nothing, in fact you actually loose the twin heavy bolter over the normal Land Raider.

They seem categorically worse, am I missing something?

>Moved town across the country for work for a month
>Head to my local game store and book a game for today
>Went in, the kid I was playing was using Blood Angels
>He pulls out his models
>They are just bases with words like "tact bolter" written on them
>No actual model
>He hates painting and cant be bothered putting them together so just uses bases

What the fuck?

I'm using the primaris out of the box. Only the flying twin HB guys are doing any good. But I only have 3 of them.

I doubt they will be an army by themselves. Not enough Dakka.

People literally can't decide. I've heard literally every unit in the DI box called shit, mediocre and amazing.

Can't gauge how good they are because everyone's had a totally different experience.

Lootas in Wagons were the only playable orks units in 8e or what?

How are you losing?!

Nope, if you just wanna play a game with nothing then you don't get to play at all.

Try Dawn of War 3

What happened?

That tau starter is pretty solid, if you can find an targeted reconnaissance cadre you can drop the optimized pathfinders and fully round out the base

Long turns maybe.
Just make sure that you do movement quickly and don't take too long making split fire choices.
Know all your numbers and the enemies numbers as well.
Speak loudly and clearly so your opponent knows what you are doing and you don't have to repeat yourself.

Don't they have better pintle options? Like a Multi-Melta?

now 1W, not 3.

DG are a dice-maverick's wet dream. Someone with a limp wrist can't get on with DG since they are a very luck-based army.

Gonna need some pics. Tell him you want to get a photo of his amazing army.

Oops, didn't even look at his rules, I just assumed it was a 30k model.

lmao dude just spam boyz, warbosses, and weirdboyz if you want to win

Can Deathguard be competitive without using Pox walkers? I never liked the idea of hordes of meat shields that really can't do much else.

>I doubt they will be an army by themselves.
Captains, Chaplains, Librarians, Apothecary, Reivers, Repulsor tank, and Dreadnought are coming.

movement trays m8

People have to stop trying to make "Inquisition" an army. You play one of the Chambers Militant and add an Inquisitor if you want.

Could have been 2 didn't need to be 1.

Game has been out for 2 weeks for Christ's sake and it's a complete revamp that has left few heads unscratched. For the foreseeable future here will be a lot of doubt, double-guessing and fact-checking on both sides. Your GW manager sounds like a massive faggot, so just buy some paints to get him off your back or something.

The bloat drone is pretty sweet. I would trade the poxwalkers for another drone.

Yeah they can take a pintle mounted multi-melta but for the pleasure of 20 points on a model that already has 4 S9 AP -3 shots seems a bit unnecessary.

They also loose the front ramp.

>Models that charged this turn can only target enemy units that they charged in the previous phase.

Fight phase, Choose targets, end of last paragraph

For what they are, they should have been 2.
Or, at least, have options for armor.

>I never liked the idea of hordes of meat shields that really can't do much else
Then don't play Death Guard. That is literally their shtick.

Don't forget Aggressors and the Overlord.

Also Agressors.

best eldar

Time your turns
chances are, you are about as slow as blackstrap molasses

Kneadatite is the generic name, you can buy it by the foot on eBay and Amazon.

*Drukhari

I've managed to fill up to around 1850 with DI box, +1 hellblaster and intercessor, 2 dreads and a Las pred

How the fuck am I supposed to fit any of this shit in?

>Not the rules for VSG at all
Have you tried reading them?

>really can't do much else.
Get them within 7" of Typhus.

I have lychguard, it is the children who are cucked.

Ok, my bad. I meant competitive. Not enough dakka at the moment. I love my primaris guys. But I feel out shot by everything. Maybe the jet pack guys will get a box soon. Have 3 squads of those guys laying down fire! 54 mobile HB shoots of doom!

Why does he have traffic lights?

>They also loose the front ramp.
Meaningless in 8th.

That's your answer basically. Proteus is if you'd rather pay for the Multi-Melta than the Heavy Bolter + Storm Bolter.

Are going to be the super devastators?

I'll probably not like them.

>Ahrimans arc killed by Yvraine in few lines
FOR FUCK SAKE, he was the one character with well developed growth

What are those?!

Missile racks. Agressors are armed with some kind of Cyclone Missile Launcher variant and flamers.

newfag pls go

2k is new meta so you should be able to drop those intercessors,dreads and your las pred and be able to add those new toys

Druk

hari

>muh slow tarpit

Useless unit unless your opponent is dumb as rocks.

Hmm anyone else no longer get the 'religious and authoritarian asshole' vibe from Space Marines anymore?

With introduction of so many more Imperial Factions, all those old memes about Marines purging this and that just doesn't shine. Dare I say it, I see them more 'positively', relatively speaking.

I still can't decide if a Blitza Bomber is worth it
or if I should take moar Mek gunz or Stormboyz

>dropping a Laspred in 8th
why would anyone do this

you brainwashed fasctist

I just only recently bought the Dreads :'(

And now he's a cuck who got rekt by Girlyman's gf, lifes a bitch.

Only some chapters were assholes.

DRUNK

HARRY

Aggressors are a gravis-wearing unit, though not a jump unit. Have shoulder mounted missile launchers and wrist mounted flamers.

Overlord is a dropship for the primaris marines. Possibly around the size of an old stormbird. has two doors like the corvus blackstar.

Dreads are great.

I haven't gotten that vibe since 3rd desu

One of my first proper paintjobs. Other than the lack of base texture and that unpainted trigger finger, how'd I do?

i fucking have you aidsmonkey , have you ?
Change the Projected Void Shields rule to read:
‘Projected Void Shields: All units wholly within 6"
of a Void Shield Generator receive a 5+ invulnerable
save against any attacks made in the Shooting phase
(unless the firing model is also within 6" of the Void
Shield Generator).’

Black Templars still exist friend. Its just that Ultras have always been one of the most benevolent chapters and the return of Rowboat has put them center stage in a major way.

Idk user, idk