How is Other Dust? I'm looking for a simple game that can run something in the vein of Horizon Zero Dawn...

How is Other Dust? I'm looking for a simple game that can run something in the vein of Horizon Zero Dawn, and this system interested me along with it's compatibility with Stars Without Number.

I ran a few sessions of it, it's a good system. I recommend re-skinned a lot of the goofy existing setting, but if you're making H:ZD out of it than obviously you'll be doing that anyway.

Be known that it is very much an "Old School" game, which suits my tastes just fine but may or may not be what you're looking for as far as character lethality and focus on survival vs. narrative adventures.

I plan to have the players as all members of a single Tech level 1 tribe just to begin, and as they explore and expand out, they can replace losses with other sorts of people from different tribes and societies.

My one question is how necessary are Psionics and Mutations to the game?

Not at all, they're entirely optional. I didn't use psionics, and nobody started with mutations either, however I kept the chance of acquiring them through radiation exposure.

That actually looks cooler than the protagonist in the actual game.
Fuck

The concept art for H:ZD is fucking amazing.

What would you say is the sort of mainline technological level of the campaign, barring exceptions. Tech 1?

Why did we get fetal alcohol syndrome ginger and not this?

I don't think Aloy looks that bad, she's just a rather plain girl.

grrl gamers have a hard time projecting on a female lead that's actually attractive so they feared a backlash for making her good looking

its the backlash wonder woman is suffering from now for not being feminist forward enough. she has to be overweight and half-black and pudgy facial features for normal women to get behind

I don't know about that, but it is true that they didn't want a very sexually attractive player character like Lara Croft. They wanted to pull from things like Ripley from the Alien series, who while feminine isn't really a sexual character, despite the overt sexual overtones of the aliens themselves.

It's not like they couldn't, they clearly have the technology with the multitude of very sexually attractive female NPCs in the game.

Jesus their faces are kind of unsettling

Anyway, OD is a pretty fun game, OP.

I genuinely can't find her attractive in the slightest. Even if she's not fat or disfigured or if it's in a relatively subtle way I'd say because of that face she's more ugly than plain

I suppose it's a matter of preference then. I find her quite cute.