Asked in the general, but they're arguing about shit

Asked in the general, but they're arguing about shit

So I know a majority of Necrons have lost most, if not all, of their sentience. What is the average Necron's personality like though? Like a kill team of Immortals/Deathmarks for SWA? Would they even have one? Would they fear the one mostly autonomous Necron on their team as "what might befall them" eventually? Do they crack jokes? Are they people? Or are they just second-hand store Terminators?

Can we discuss Necron culture in general?

get back to the general, shoo

Depends on which set of lore you're going with, I think. From what I understand, they're either all terminators, or snarky Egyptian skeleton robots that just think they're the hottest shit.

I tried

warriors are little more than robots, with no emotion and no personality, no purpose save what the overlord tells them

immortals have an actual personality, but so buried within their necrodermis and loyalty protocols, its hard to see

lychguards have full sentience and personality, with only anti-disoby protocols limiting their otherwise full free will

lords and overlords have full free will, with them having the most unique and diverse range
they probably set the goals and agenda of any dynasty you make, as well as any idiosyncracies

lords and overlords retain the

Nice.

I love the idea that the Warriors can at least understand they're missing a personality, and it makes them feel empty. Not sad--they don't know what sad is.

I personally like them as "ack ack ack"

Lame

How many personalty Necrons are there in relation to personality-less Necrons? Are there enough emotion Necrons out there so that they believe in their culture and what they're fighting for, or in the grand scheme of things is it just a few guys with a lot of robots who want to control all the stuff?

You know what? Fuck you. There is no need to spoonfeed you this basic stuff. Read the 5th ED and 7th ED Necron codexes. They are in the 40K general links.

A few hundred planets worth, I'd wager.

OP here, that's not me. Someone else is asking that question, leave him alone.

O.k., that's fine for you to say, but understand that there are probably people on here who will just talk about 40k lore for fun and be glad that someone is interested, because it starts a conversation about a thing that they like to talk about.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just know that's how I feel about Tolkien lore.

Wow user, don't be mad. I'm not OP, buddy, I was just hoping in. I'm not gonna read those codexes either because of that attitude, you rude boy.

Thanks friendo.

You are the cancer killing this board. There are codexes paragraphs discussing the personlity of the Necrons and their drives. Too lazy to download them? Go to the wikis or god forbid 1d4chan.

Don't come over here and ask about basic stuff.

>'m not gonna read those codexes either because of that attitude

You're hurting yourself more than me, bucko.

Okay friend, whatever you say, God forbid someone asks a question about Necrons in a thread about Necrons.

k

>Moron starts a thread : GEE GUYS WHAT'S THE COLOR OF THE ULTRAMARINES

That's the equivalent of you.

But I'm not OP, amigo.

...people having conversations are not the cancer killing this board.

What the fuck kind of perspective even is that?

OP is nothing like what you've just projected lol

Yes, spoonfeeding kills the board. Drags down the quality of discussion. Learn from other boards such as /a/. NO SPOONFEEDING.

You are of the same type of cancer. The lazy kind that expects to be spoonfeed basic stuff

i agree with angry user. google your shit and make a decent thread instead of killing a thread to ask a stupid question.

It's not a stupid question. I want to discuss the implication of Necron's sentience/lack thereof. It's interesting.

>"What is the average Necron's personality like though? Like a kill team of Immortals/Deathmarks for SWA? Would they even have one? Would they fear the one mostly autonomous Necron on their team as "what might befall them" eventually? Do they crack jokes? Are they people? Or are they just second-hand store Terminators?"

The codexes have pages discussing the personality of each caste of Necron caste and gives examples. There are abridged versions of this in the wikis. OP was too to do his research that would have taken him a few seconds. He is contemptible.

>/a/
>quality

your average dynasty would have thousands, or hundred of thousands, of warriors at their disposal
they are treated as little more than currency or weapons to spend

immortals, death marks, and so on are more like the "average" necron, they do have some degree of personality and self-awareness, but they rarely act on it and are completely subservient to their overlord

the lord and his court, lychguards, crypteks, etc
are the ones who actually have "normal" conversations with each other and other dynasties, and are likely the only ones who remember that they had a culture and can enjoy it

so you end up with a very small elite still capable of interacting with the universe at large beyond "shoot them with space lightning"

there are an uncountable number of tombworlds, each with their own overlord, lrod, or phaerun, so there is ample opportunity for necron to interact, but it will almost always be from the perspectives of lords against lords, common necron are often slaved to the lord and dont really do much when off-duty

for an outsider, assuming you werent flayed alive for violating an ancient trespassing law you knew nothing about, you wouldnt get much of a conversation out of anyone who isnt in the lords court

that being said the necron lord is often very "quirky" in their old age and may do things like still believe they are necrontyr and hold lavish feasts for their visitor, not knowing they can no longer eat

Why trigger yourself over nothing?

Dude, read the Necron codexes or wikis and if there is something you don't understand or find interesting come here.

Don't come here and ask for the basics. We are not here to discuss the basics. We are not here to tell you who the Emperor is or how the geneseed works. We are here for the MEAT of things, not the skin.

Now get out.

Just ignore his bait and go on discussing Necrons you guys, he's not worth your time.

AFAIK many lords and overlords retain the ideal of fighting for the good of their dinasty, while some just went cuckoo during hybernation and act upon instinct and some yet again just woke with an intense desire to further their own objectives. After all, they do have personalities that can be as unique as you want them to be.

For example, I fluffed my overlord as having been hybernated with doubts about the role of his retinue in the power struggle ensuning from the War in Heaven and when he woke up he just said "fuck it, we're going AWOL. Who cares about the old geezers and their empire, we're pirates now."

>dinasty

See? This is the cancer I am talking about. They just can't even spell DYNASTY. This is how lacking of the basics we are taking about.

Thanks man, this is a really good break down. Answered basically everything I was wondering about Necron personality.

Not nothing. Everything. OP and some in this threads are parasites who want to feed on the work of others rather than contribute. They get to get called on on it.

nigger its a stupid question, google it. then come back and make a thread about something interesting. this question belongs in the general and if you couldnt get it answered there you fucking search it you shit

>OP and some in this threads are parasites who want to feed on the work of others rather than contribute.
Could you maybe chill, Andrew Ryan?

I have read and googled shit and I've gotten a shitload of conflicting answers.

Mainly do Immortals/Deathmarks have a personality, making them interesting for SWA? If not then why play Necron in SWA?

How do you go from one planet (or even a few) of Necrontyr to a nearly unlimited empire of dudes? There is no way to make new Necrons; so that would mean the Necrontyr were already a galaxy spanning empire when they were suckered out of their meat bags. Is this a fatal flaw in the lore?

You fucking cunt.

>Necron culture
>not pursuing the wholesale enslavement of the galaxy to create a life-force buffet for the immortal C'tan
Oldcrons best Necrons

Well, the Crons were a galaxy spanning empire, strong enough to fight C'tan and win
Although they can't be Imperium of Man size, as the Eldar were strong enough to threaten them

based user.
Matt Ward wanted crons to be "your dudes" with personnality, retconned the shit out of the fluff and realised he had to give them a purpose...
They want to restore the greatness of their empire n shit... like practically every single other race that isn't orks, chaos and nids.

I feel if the 'crons had a more obvious target to aim for, probably involving the C'tan, people would be more interested in them.

Maybe they could be fighting for the shards to fuse them together into The Chained God to basically fuck over the materium and immaterium with their own pet galactic apocalypse.
Or they seek to devour the shards and become gods in and of themselves, Lords trying to eat each others shardsouls at the same time in some horrible parody of the C'tan themselves during the War in Heaven.
Hell, use the pariahs and say they're slowly eroding the immaterium itself. And with that is no emotion, no life. No more souls, today and forever but the hollow mockeries they simulate in looping eternity.

7th Edition says that if all Necrons were awoken at once, the Imperium of Man would face "an enemy as numerous as themselves". Considering how rare it is for a Necron to be destroyed completely and that more dynasties are awakening in 8th Edition, it's not looking good for the Imperium.

>wanting to limit a discussion for no reason but over weird money issues.

haha your gay dumb thread got deleted for a better one looks like you have been utterly blown out and you can do nothing about it hehe lol

It's alright, we've been working on new tech while they've been sleeping. Bring them on, robots ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

My question is what Necrons do with the human populations they conquer. Do they just exterminate them or are there petty empires populated by humans with a Necron aristocracy/military?

It annoys me that pariahs were retconned, if only because it insinuated a kind of interaction between the Necrons and younger races.

No, you know what, fuck YOU! We never get to talk about necrons on this board so you can bite my shiny metal ass

In new/better lore, they are trying to get out of their robot shells and be flesh bags again. They were tricked into their necrodermis by the C'tan so they could feed on some of their lost souls. Now that they beat the C'tan and non-elf fleshies are running around they have a target.

Old/worse lore just killed or enslaved them.

Then there are Pariahs...

>exterminate
9/10 times most of the humans were killed or captured
the captured were probably flayed alive for violating some ancient necron law

there are no canon instances of humans being allowed to serve as vassals for their necron overlords
but it is not impossible that a some overlord out there suffered brain damage and now sees himself as the rightful ruler of both flesh and metal

Slaves at best. There seemed to be significant slave populations in The World Engine.

Look up "Illuminor Szeras".
He does plenty of "interacting" with younger races.

One thing people haven't said is that Necron Warriors used to be farmers, artisans, merchants and plebs in general who never touched a weapon in their life. This is why their useless brain was erased and replaced with war protocols.

Necron Immortals on the other hand used to be actual Necrontyr soldiers, and lo and behold they were allowed to keep more of their earlier mind.

No need for pottery and wheat in their new robot society basically made them destroy the minds of all dedicated to that in their previous life. Everything's about shooting now.

What if humans are leftover Necrontyr?

I do recall there is a dynasty where even the warriors are intelligent and the silent king uses it as his base of operations

What about servitors and AdMech personnel? Do the Necrons treat them better, the way we treat Chimps in zoos?

i can dig it

Athe very least it's implied that necrons/old ones manipulated the DNA of humans. I don't see why they think giving an ape or rodent dormant psychic/null potential was a good idea though. We're talking millions of years of evolution. There's the long game and then there's a cosmic gamble. What were they expecting?

Nobody wants to be like /a/ and /a/ would realize that if it were still physically possible for them to pull their heads out of their gargantuan lard-asses.

>Learn from other boards such as /a/. NO SPOONFEEDING
>learn from /a/
hey user would you like your army's asshole?

On average? Nothing left or not enough to qualify as person.

Depends on the Overlord I think. Maynarkh dynasty disembowels them and wears them as coats until they rot, then go out and get more.

Soisoisoisoisoisoi

>people having a discussion about 40k is killing this board
I'd sooner say having /generals/ are cancer now that quests are gone thank god