Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1591: Astolfo Positivity Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0nxQcrZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Astolfo is best waifu, hands down.

I know Val and I have companioned Astolfo, has anyone else? If so, why?

who that is a funny way of saying jibril

I have not, because I have a standing policy to never take as a companion anyone from Earth's mythology or history. But he does tempt me to break my rules.

I got THIS close to companioning him. Astolfo is a nice ray of sunshine.

That's a funny way of spelling Samus.

Rolled 414 (1d816)

Jump topic, yadda yadda, etcetera etcetera

Right now, no. Main chain's mostly gonna be importing companions.

Wren's chain however, he might. First Servant however's going to be pic related. If there's no other Companion by the time a fourth Fate/ comes along, maybe.

good choice sir but one is for genocide and absolute crazy the other is for explosion

I recommend poison immunity. That and giving poor Serenity the ability to turn her poison off.

>I recommend poison immunity.

Got it handled.

>ability to turn her poison off.

That... is actually a concern, huh? Do you think Toggle from Young Justice might be able to work on it?

Samus is for being your little sister.

ONEESAMA!

Speaking of him, any eta on FGO?

But user, explosions are awesome. A waifu who brings explosions everywhere she goes is double awesome.

>not both

>Wanting to give Ridley something else he can hurt Samus over.

Even if you waifu your little sister, you have to remember that she's your little sister first and foremost.

>not violently butchering Ridley at the first possible moment for hurting your sister like that.
>NOTHING LEFT TO CLONE, SPACE PIRATES.

true but can she bring crazy in to the special dungeon i think not

What methods are there to grant a person your perks that don't involve long periods of adaptation to them like with Sacrificial Bestowment? Emphasis on "a person", this would be for a single person at a time. I want to be able to create a protagonist out of a nobody, the whole zero to hero thing, and the narrative logic that many perks offer would help with that. I admittedly could do that through fate-warping magic, too, but I'd prefer to be able to grant access to fiat so that's just what their life is like, now.

In my defense, we were somewhat estranged due to me being a crime lord.

>Not teaming up to get revenge for your murdered family together, bonding as siblings along the way.

I thought about it since I don't have a trap in my harem.

Travelers,
what kind of wars have you propagated single handedly?

No I care not for the whelps you recruit, nor the feeble kingdoms you have allied with...

When have you forged great armies of megalithic constructs to sunder nations? When have you birthed armies of brothers or sisters to fight in your stead? And when have you thrown your hat into a major war unexpected by the powers that be?

Tell me about the ashes.

there's no ashes, all we leave behind when we get violent are hydrogen and oxygen, a ball of gas that may or may not form a new star.

Just give them the power your perk is based on senpai.

>I'm not sure how to feel about the implication there that being Jumper makes you like God...

Well by its more like being a Drop-In would make you the only living thing that wasn't created by God. That and the whole Drop-In tree is based on him.

>Exactly how much in your likeness are we talking here? And do you just mold them out of dirt or have to make them out of your rib?

The first one, the perk's fluff is not complete so I did not add that part.

>Since you are not, in fact, the will of God it should probably be able to be able to be put out by things other than your will. Just very tricky to.
Point taken.

>Also, double damage is very hard to define when you're not talking about a video game, does it cut people twice?
I meant it as your attack does as much damage as if you had attacked twice. Using your example cutting someone evil would do as much damage as if you had cut him twice in the same spot. Maybe I should change it to something more specific.

>The stuff about Jumper being from outside of creation makes me feel like Drop-in should get a perk based around not having original sin, but I have no idea what that would even do.

Maybe it makes you resistant to corrupting forces since you are born without sin? The concept and consequences of the original sin differ too much from people to people and it is rather vague.

But I'm not trying to give them powers, I'm trying to give them fiat changes to their narrative. Like that perk from Kamen Rider Kabuto that turns you into the main character and makes everything interesting going on happen to you.

Why not give him the confidence, skill, and charisma to make that a reality?

I can do that. I suppose it was a bad example. Okay, more like the Magnetic Destiny perk in Her BBS that means you keep meeting interesting and powerful people through sheer chance. I could set that up behind the scenes, but I'd prefer that this was an emergent process I could watch and be entertained by. Playing Jump-chan, so to speak.

Sounds like a job for Fate magic. Sidereals and Mage: the Awakening have some of the best.

In the Warhammer Fantasy Orks and Goblins jump do the Orks that you buy through the army option continue to create the spores that spawn more Orks? Can we just fanwank and say that it's turned off?

I'd rather not leave a plague of Warhammer Orks on a world whenever I need to bust out an army.

Yes, I'm aware. I already said, I don't want it to be me using fate magic. I want something fiat-powered, so no one can look at the threads of fate or whatever and go "oh, you've clearly been blessed by something". And don't start on perks that make it easier to conceal your magic. Those are nice but not what I'm looking for.

Hopefully not longer then next month. Writing pretty fast so I should start getting through everything but that and Dies Irae by the end of this month and while I do plan to claim one more thing next month, Go and DI come first.

So basically next month, provided everything goes well.

> I want something fiat-powered, so no one can look at the threads of fate or whatever and go "oh, you've clearly been blessed by something"
whats the difference

Oh, hey Valeria, I hope that the whole inheritance thing worked out alright for you.

I believe it did, just need to finalise some stuff. Thanks for the well wishes user.

If you just want them in the spotlight while you're around to see it happen, Golden Chains from SMITE or Lip Service from Medaka Box can probably do it.

Is there any perks that increase creativity?

I don't think WHFB orcs even make spores.

"ARE there any perks that increase creativity?"
or
"Is there any PERK that INCREASES creativity?"

They do. Used to be they reproduced like regular organics, but after 40k they turned Fantasy orks and goblins into fungal creatures.

>need to finalise some stuff
What gauge knife are you going to use?

I don't recall anything abstract enough to do that with actual perks, but the closest that come to mind are:

1. Stacking Talecrafting from Changeling the Lost with something like Sage of the Forest from Hero BBS, to give the new hero some extra narrative momentum

2. Spirited and Deal With The Devil form Ghost Rider to exchange some of your own heroic provenance to the beneficiery, and make it seem like he always had it. Reminder: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CONTRACTS lest he walk off with your power. Like the ghost riders did to poor old Mephisto.

Twice.

3. The Flask Plan from Medaka Box, since certain Skills include manipulating something like the force of shounen protagonism

That sums up the Glorft's invasion campaign. Coop was out of town and needed to borrow the Megas, so I used my elemental monarch powers to sculpt flame atronach-like bodies so my Cosmic Fire could watch my back.

We hit the mothership first, since everything being on fire provided more fire for me to sculpt flame-artillery and flame-bombs out of. While she engulfed the engines, I went through the databanks to make their artillery fire on each other. After that, I fell back to maintain the dimension anchors and watching the army burn and suffocate trying to fight fire with lasers.

The ash was a 3:2 ratio between alien alloys and carbon, I guess? Lots of impurities. We found that out after me trying to shower off the stuff clogged the plumbing for a month.

>Thinking I'd still need a knife when I just need to finalise things
All I need is a shovel and some deep dirt plots.

I think the lego jump has one.

Val, I have a drawback idea.

Three words: Frequent Chaldea Maintenance.

You devil !!!

>tfw it'll never get split into Lego Movieverse and Lego Themes

Man I need this smug old bastard in my chain. There's not enough smug levels in my party.

Does Bretonnia’s Raised by the Faeries get disrupted by any form of habitation, or would having a house in the woods not affect it?
Also, what can the magic in Warhammer Fantasy do in terms of non-combat uses?

>It will never allow you to summon infinite foot-seeking legos.

Who made the Lego jump anyway?

Wakfu user.

>the "stepped on a lego" meme

It's not even that good a drawback.

Didn't he do all the lego stuff we have except Bionicle?

How could I not.

A house in the woods, if it's just you and your students, is fine. A small number of houses probably isn't.

Not all that sure, didn't pay much attention to that side of the lore.

Sounds like a Post-Spark reward.

It's not a meme, it happened to me once.

Has anybody had a chance to customize their Digimon forms from jumps like Cyber Sleuth and Tamers?

Having some trouble with mine, have it down to at least the Names for the different forms, but unsure how the hell thematics work.

Yes, he did.

I thought someone else did Ninjago?

We have more than one lego jump?

Nope. Before he left, Wakfu had been griping about Ninjago's recent developments.

My advice is to think like your twelve year-old self. Think of something that you think is good/badass and just fucking do it, don't wring your hands and try and make it sensible. Hell, don't even bother if it changes your body. Go from biped to quadraped, from male to female, furry to waifu, robot to organic and back again, all of this happens in digimon regularly.

>My advice is to think like your twelve year-old self.

God damn it but my 12-year-old self had the shittiest taste tho.

You don't have to regress in taste, just apply the same thought process you did to stuff you thought up when you were twelve. You know, the whole "KATANAS ARE BADASS AND SO ARE GUNS SO I'M GOING TO MAKE A BADASS GUNKATANA WIELDING GRIM REAPER WHO PLAYS SICK GUITAR!" line of thinking.

>something something genies
>something something ghosts
>something something speed is an element

At least I think that's what he said? This was while he was working on an update, right?

There was shit like genies before that. I think his griping was more "HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SPIN TIME."

> No I care not for the whelps you recruit
Well then, you don't care. And neither do I. Because the thing about it is, when I create an army wholesale, under my own power, by the very nature of "I created them", they are disposable. I don't care if they die. They exist only to act as a wad of matter to act as a shield or a hammer, and there is nothing else.
There's no grand strategy. Orders are "sit here and defend" or "go here and smash". And I might as well be an Ork's warboss for all the tactical acumen I'm applying.
It is a game. I am doing this because it is fun.

But, while we're on the subject, you wanna know what's really annoying? When they actually try anyway.
You have no idea how tedious it is when some Beastmen actually thinks to study tactics and try advising me. Or when a goat starts asking me to justify my tactics.
It's like... I made you in a lab! You are beyond replaceable! Just be quiet and try not to screw up too badly!
If I ACTUALLY wanted to do something, I'd do it myself, instead of asking some no-name catboy I cobbled together for eyecandy. You think I need this? I'm like, 77% MADE of magic. I can fart a better attack than your whole area of serial numbers could ever dream of.

If I'm actually trying, I'll work with the populations and guide them. I try to make the world better as it currently exists!
As it is, you were never meant to exist in this world at all, Teddy. I could really care less about what you do in it.

Militarized Nanoha-Earth, launched a coup to puppet the TSAB with a core of Earthers and loyalists, went full Committee of Public Safety to rip out the corruption and weakness, then turned it loose on the neo-Belkans.

The Belkan language is spoken only in hell.

...Cannons.

My chest is a cannon. My arms and legs are cannons. My fingers and toes and face and mouth are cannons.

My name shall be Cannonmon, and my signature attack is 'Everywhere' because thats what I end up hitting.

Is this 12 enough, or am I also an angel type digimon with cannon wings?

...Actually, no, I'm definitely an angel type with cannon wings.

There's already a very similar Digimon funny enough. His body is guns.

Pic related?

Is FGO supposed to have a lot of maintenance issues? I haven't noticed any.

Do your cannon wings have cannon feathers?

Exactly

No, his body is /a/ gun. My body is /all the cannons/.

It's right in the theme song, you just jump up, kick back, whip around, then spin. Then you jump back and do it again.

Soon. You will realize.

That's fine. Now decide what you digivolve to.

A galaxy far, far away was not expecting Brutally Efficient Self-Replicating Mechanisms of War.

Neither were the Reapers, or the Covenant, or Kane or the Scrin, or the Go'auld, or... actually, ever since jumping Supreme Commander, a LOT of places have not been expecting their new Von Neumann Overlord.

>reapers weren't expecting not!reapers
wot?

NO ONE EXPECTS THE MIRROR MATCH

In the same sense that I have cannon arms and fingers, yes.

I wanna say that that's my... Ultimate? Second from the top.

My mega is probably Lasercannonmon, which as you can guess, stops shooting actual cannonballs(and grapeshot and other stuff) and starts shooting lasers.

My burst mode is Lasercannonmon Double Mode, where I clone myself, one of me turns into a fuckhuge gun, and I shoot the other me for explosions everywhere.

You never decided what you look like, silly.

hide your kids hide you waifus cause ____________.

being married is illegal

Yes, let your inner Gilgamesh out young moth!
~satisfied dragon sigh

I look like cannons? Lots of them.

I mean Lasercannonmon. You're going to look different. Digimon is almost never so lazy as to make a digivolution look very similar to the form before it.

not if your priest is jumpchain your best man is (the king in yellow) and you bring a giant inflatable turducken.

Oh. Lasercannonmon is similar to Cannonmon, except she trades out piratey looking cannons for more scifi looking ones. So, the primary difference is that she went from circular to triangles and squares with tron lines.

For jumpers doing writefagging for their chains, how much have you written in total?
Trying to work up the motivation to start is hard when early chain is so boring.

I have written up every single jump for my current chain. It's an interesting experiment in terms of creative writing, although there have been occasional jumps where I've written only a couple of sentences for each build, and others... I've wanted to write far, far more than would be reasonable in less than a half dozen posts, with more that WANTS to be written but no real room for it.

I encourage you to try it, if you have any doubts. Look at drawbacks as obstacles to be overcome, give it a shot with a couple of jumps. Once you get in the swing of things it ends up being easier than you'd think.

Or at least it is for me, since I'm writing up #373 right now.

I know there are perks that let you kill things normally unkillable, but is there any perk that prevents any kind of resurrection?

About 200 pages so far.

At least 30 of those are actual plot.
The rest are smut.
BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY GOD DAMN SHIT I HAVE THE INSPIRATION TO WRITE.
IS GODDAMN _SMUT_.

Don't worry, my hobby is writing and editing smut. You're among friends.

My current chain and the first 100 jumps officially clocked in at about 100k and 365 pages, though note that is including builds. I have been writing it nonstop since...May? April? I don't even remember when I started. Some were short. Some were long and took up 5-10 pages.

My biggest advice is to have a central theme in mind, or some sort of gimmick your chain can roll with. A vanilla Jumpchain works too, but generally do jumps in an order you feel makes sense and fits whatever narrative your building.

For me, this is focusing in the micro-scale and the personalities and actions of individual characters, and leading up to the end results of that. I have a very 'human' personality and mindset for most of my characters, and while that makes them easy to empathize with, the characters themselves regularly encounter challenges caused by the scale of Jumpchain. Not to mention the unending 'adapt or die' circumstances.

Oh, and because this advice worked for me - don't default to a cruel or sociopathic (or at least unstoppable) benefactor, unless you have a way to keep it from being emotionally draining to write.

I think Factorio is pretty much done.

pastebin.com/0nxQcrZ0

About 40K words of various abandoned chains.
Working making a sort of GURPS-like adaptation right now, so I can autism properly.

Most of the perks that let you kill the unkillable?