Have you ever dressed up/cosplayed/got garb for a tabletop rpg? How did it go?

Have you ever dressed up/cosplayed/got garb for a tabletop rpg? How did it go?

It was silly and grand. I knocked over two drinks at once with a flourish of my cape.

No, but this thread interests me, because my partner is down to play a tabletop rpg, only if we go all the way. With figures, costumes...
I basically just showed her OP's pic to be sure and she was all like "YESSS!"
What am I in for?
>I knocked over two drinks at once
Honnestly, this is what worries me the most.

no, but my group has joked about buying me some shit to wear when we play, and I've always said if they buy it then I'll wear it.

I was making some unrelated cosplay for our local comic expo, and got invited to a DND one shot game where I'd play an artificer

So I reworked the sheet to include an item familiar, a spiked gauntlet. I strap on my pauldron and vambrace, and proceeded to talk in character with my good friend Tim, the pyromaniac steel class assassin.

Lots of wacky hand gestures with that hand, casual asides to the rest of the party while throwing my voice, and interrupting myself with impromptu fireballs when wildly inappropriate

Much fun

No, but I've cooked appropriate food for it. It was delicious, but took a hell of a long time.

>What am I in for?

Best sex of your life, afterwards?

Every game I run i always implore my players to wear something an adventurer would wear.

When my game begins I fasten my tweed cloak with with a brooch, don my raven medallion, light some incense and light up a few candles.

I always run sword'n'sandal celty/horror games so setting up mood is always important.

>light some incense and light up a few candles.
>tweed cloak
Fire hazard detected.

I've always wanted to game with a cosplay group and go as our characters to a con

Back when I had a regular group I handed out tons of extra experience and loot if they dressed up as their characters for our game the week of Halloween. Everyone got into it, but definitely because it was a fun break from the norm and not an every week thing.

I did once ware a leather 'school shooter' jacket for my game of dark heresy to get that inquisitor look, the host had some sort of spaz attack at it saying it was shit n' gay. everyone else thought it was lit though.

The things one do for sex, dont forget to play GURPS or 3.5 and kill her in the first session

Some friends and I were actually talking about playing some Risk with dress-up and booze soon.

Any particular world leader or country theme one might suggest?

I dressed up as a goth chick for a VTM game once.

I'm a boy.

need pics

Me and my buddy dress up whenever we play Axis and Allies. Its all in good fun though. Nothing has ever been more fun than wearing a stick-on fumanchu mustache and referring to the japanese air force as the "gookwafa"

Last year, we did a post-apoc-themed New Year's Eve game. We we all dressed like our characters and that's it. Pretty fun to do. The dude with a gas mask couldn't see his rolls, though.

I didnt, but the first time i did the women across from my was wearing a scale cap of some kind. It would have been better if her white shirt didn't have a stain on it.

I wear a centurion helmet every once in a while. Being drunk helps.

No, doesn't make much sense for me.
But I've LARPed quite a bit

Once I DM'd a one-shot for like six people, only two of which had played before. One of them was a friend of a friend who happened to be visiting, and we wound up really hitting it off and we spent the afternoon making a prop for every player: a mace for the paladin, a staff for the wizard, a shield for the socerer (it was a family heirloom) and stuff like that.

Then he got drunk off an entire bottle of vodka and ruined the entire session by being a complete dick to everyone and we had to kick him out and his friend left to cool him down and drive him home. We haven't really hung out again since.

I just hope they don't play Werewolf or All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

>tabletop

Ye-...

>rpg

Oh... No then.

I did and it was awesome. Halloween party. I was DMing after the host heard that I played regularly. She had always wanted to try playing and most everyone was a new player or had only played once or twice before. Everyone got super in character (minus one girl who clearly didn't want to be there and got wasted before everything was done kinda spoiling things), and it was a blast. Our wizard was a senile old man who had his act down pat. I didn't even have to ask for bluff checks to distract a guard. The player put on an absolutely baffling display of "old man being weird and yet totally enthralling" complete with props, that I couldn't help but respect. A few drinks got spilled, but nothing damaged. All in all, a fantastic night.

I went to a game dressed as Geppetto from Shadowrun Storytime once, good times.

everyone should have a class appropriate funny hat or similar prop

Pics or it didn't happen.

I don't get it

Not yet but I am thinking about doing so for Gencon this year and as well as my friendly local tabletop gaming convention.

Regardless of how you feel about them the whole Nazi officer ascetic projects power with style. Black uniform with bits of a different color for an armband or other personal item as an offset.

You do know there are other tabletop games besides RPGs, right?

I've done it a more than times, and with the right group of people it's hella lot of fun.

When I was in high-school, my folks owned this property with these large fishing ponds and a one room cabin with a fireplace, no electric (it was built a long time ago for ice skating parties or some shit).
We used to get together and play D&D there, with just candles and the fireplace going, it had really great atmosphere with the crickets and bullfrogs in the background. After a couple sessions, I told everyone to come dressed in character or they couldn't come inside. Everyone was hooked, not only did the come dressed, but they came with offerings, like deer skulls or plaster gargoyles. I was a bit of a dick at times, but it was pretty epic.

I guess it's easier if you hang out with certain ppl. It's not much of a stretch for most of our group, they either religiously go to ren faires dressed up or cosplay at anime conventions anyway. I'm in the SCA, so since we have garb & chainmail or whatever, why not use it?

2 seperate DM's I've played with offered more xp for those who showed up in costume. I think it's a great motivator if you're a forever GM.

Well, I guess. Are you saying that you dress up for board games?

Hey, if they want to have hot shifter-on-zombie sex when they get home more power to them. Just don't make my game weird in the meantime.