Got tired of playing 5e what is one of this games a good alternative?

Got tired of playing 5e what is one of this games a good alternative?

Pathfinder or 3.5
Fantasy Craft
13Age
Hackmaster
Rolemaster
D6 Fantasy

any other suggestion that isnt gurps? i already know about it and i am not interested

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/txtl08
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the hell game do you want to play? What are you tired of about D&D and what do you like?

I am quite tired of 5e combat , from lvl 4+ its hard to challenge the players, also i dont like how it does skills

Then suck it up and play a video game, because none of those options, least of all 3.pf isn't going to fix the problem you have, which is a shitty GM. If that shitty GM is in fact you, your inability to challenge your players isn't the fault of the system, it is yours.

>Can't challenge players after level 4
>Don't like how it does skills

Heavily suggest against Pathfinder or 3.5. Skill system is arguably even worse, and if you're having trouble challenging 5e players at those levels you'll have a terrible time trying to balance 3.5 combat.

>also i dont like how it does skills
I don't think there's any RPG out there that handles skills well.

Except GURPS.

The thing with 5e is that most monsters are easy as hell to defeat and players can regenerate everything quite easy as well

OPEN D6?

Then either you are coddling your players, or not upping the challenge to where it needs to be, the DMG and MM are just ballpark estimates on what will challenge a party, and I believe geared towards a party of 4.

What do you want out of combat? The only two systems up there I know can have gritty/dangerous combat are Fantasy Craft and Rolemaster, not sure about the others. Do you want a game that naturally tends towards dangerous combat, or at least taxing combat that you can't recover from easily? Do you want tactical depth or a very game-y sort of tactics like what D&D has?

I like gamey sort of tactics and a game that combat can be challenging but if you take a poor decision it can get ugly

I got just the thing....

Strikefag is actually right for once. Strike! is the easier-to-get-into 4e D&D, which is exactly what you want.

Legend (Rule of Cool).

isnt it the one that got cancelled and doesnt have a player handbook?

Is it better than 5e? also are those all the classes?

The skills system looks kind of meh but i think you can work it around if it isnt rigid

It doesn1t have a monster manual, but it's very solid otherwise.

Define "better". I prefer it to it, but it's up to taste.

I also like to just replace the skill system with whatever fits the game.

Those are all the classes in core, but each has 2-3 paths usually, and there's also the role you gotta pick.

Also, here's a playtest doc with 10 extra classes. There's also a Rogue and a Psychic class.

How is strike at higher levels? what are characters capable of?

Download for rulebook: sendspace.com/file/txtl08

Also rogue

>Is it better than 5e?
Most systems are better than the utter mess that is 5e.

Characters go from 1-10. Combat-wise IIRC you are about 3-4 times as strong as a starting character. Character HP doesn't scale at all (keeps the fights tense), you only get more powerful abilities.

Skills-wise, depends on the scale. Characters (generally) don't go zero-to-hero in Strike!, you stay in the same "tier" of play. You could artificially jump up a tier every time you get a damage increase though.