And this is Sinister Dexter, where the bullets are cheap, the women expensive...

And this is Sinister Dexter, where the bullets are cheap, the women expensive, and the hour is small on Central European Time.

Having accidentally caused a power vacuum among the crime families of the urban megatropolis Downlode thanks to a dedication to professional standards above and beyond the call of duty, Finnegan Sinister, last of the Lyrical Gangstas, and his partner in crime Ramone Algonquin Winnebago Dexter, now stand as the left and right hand of a new Queenpin: the dangerous dame Demi Octavo.

Sinister Dexter provides a wealth of inspiration to anyone interested in urban action, cyberpunk sci-fi concepts, or even just good old fashioned ultra violence. Downlode’s urban argot of street slang and swearing as well as its colourful cast of characters could be a particular boon to shadowrunners, hive scum and lowlifes of every stripe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQ65e9QHRMY&list=PLF4C445D6E234A0F6&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMX0Cs5Bc4
youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0
youtube.com/watch?v=kgl-VRdXr7I
youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4
mediafire.com/file/6204qnkuhhd3q42/2000AD_#1051-1061_Sinister_Dexter_-_Murder_101.cbr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=nQ65e9QHRMY&list=PLF4C445D6E234A0F6&index=15

Old thread

Funt, accidentally deleted the subject line again.

Billi does eventually get less irritating. Rilly rilly.

Anyone reading along?

Bumping OP

Reading every frame, user!

Keeping up with the theme of cover homages to then-current movies, this one is Heat (1995)

Zarjaz.

>Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Tears Of A Clown (1970)
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMX0Cs5Bc4

youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

>Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
youtube.com/watch?v=kgl-VRdXr7I

This is very similar to the rationale of Discworld's assassin's guild.

You can see here that the savant Aemos from Dan Abnett's 40k novel Eisenhorn, with his infection with meme viruses, was actually a teenage girl once upon a time.

Turns out that der polizai are perhaps better equipped than one gives them credit for.

youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

~Das Ende~

mediafire.com/file/6204qnkuhhd3q42/2000AD_#1051-1061_Sinister_Dexter_-_Murder_101.cbr

After Murder 101 ended Finnigan and Ramone went back to doing a series of shorter stories exploring their day jobs and Demi's rule as Queenpin, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. If the thread's still here I'll see you scuzzpucks then, but until then I hope you've enjoyed everything so far. If there are any more requests I can look to seeing what I can do as well.

Aw yiss, I knew you'd deliver Shakaranon. By the by, I read the sequels to the first Shakara, and I gotta say though the artwork was amazing the plot was actually a little bit lacklustre. Didn't matter though, the world is so out-there and bizarre that I didn't care. A solid read, will go back to. Thanks again, you da man.

Fuck. yes.

This shit is so good

Thanks for posting all these, mate.

The art's very hit-or-miss and the stories are like 15-second shorts, but there's a lot of atmosphere there and the background kind of accretes over time like soot in a smoker's lungs.

Having just read the Alibi of Broadway story in the last thread for the first time in 17 years, I wanted you to know you've made me incredibly happy and I love you.

>A billion-pop uber-opolis sprawling like a thread-veined odalisque across the chaise longue of Europe

Dat der's real pretty-like, pometry in mow-shun, mistah Cojones.

Fuck yes mate, loving every page

p10 bump

Wow over 20 years since that first pulp fiction spoof introduction, I now feel old

Sinister/ Dexter are a weird one. They are like the Stargate SG1 of 2000ad. Never actually bad but rarely 100% great either and always just chugging along just popular enough to avoid cancellation.
Still there are some genuinely interesting world building and fun characters

I mean, 100% great is pretty fucking hard to find. When it comes to 2000AD you've got the first couple chapters of Nemesis the Warlock and that's it. I'd say Sinister Dexter is among the better properties to come out of 2000ad.

Thank you all for keeping the thread alive.

Mr. Wet Leopard Growl can really turn a phrase when he puts his mind to it

It was certainly lucky to appear during the mid-90s when there was honestly not a huge amount of competition for attention. It's also one of those series that could have done with a few more rest periods - in raw page numbers and stories it became one of the top 10 largest 2000AD strips ever in a fraction of the time it took something like Strontium Dog or Rogue Trooper. That wasn't so bad when it was fresh and new but oh dear as the 90s faded into the 00s...

Sligo in North-Western Ireland is one of the country's largest county towns.

While is largely right about a lot of these feeling like 15-second shorts this one stretches to a full minute! Wowsers!

A little more attention to Floppy Dick's shop and what was once the Czar's black market in the underpass featured in the very first story