/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/these-eras-are-dark-too-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's your favourite WoD20th book?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Jophiel pls respond.

While I assume you're a perfectly nice Moros, I usually don't date user's from Veeky Forums.

>vampire treachery

Are you one of those Moros who thinks vampires are interesting and cool, or the type that thinks a leech vivisection is wholesome entertainment?

>leech vivisection

Ah, there's nothing like the sweet sound of vampire screams to relax by after a hard day of solving Mysteries.

>but that Child Vampire is not forever stuck with the emotions of a Child
>but they aren't stuck in the mindset of a child forever

Actually, Vampires are frozen mentally at the time of their Embrace. This stops them from going senile.

It's also a notable plot hook. A Vampire that didn't experience certain emotions in life might have difficulty comprehending them at a later period in his/her unlife.

Would the Autobots vs Decepticons conflict be better modeled as Demons vs Angels or Forsaken vs Pure?

I'd say Demons vs Angels.

>Actually, Vampires are frozen mentally at the time of their Embrace. This stops them from going senile.

They change that in 2e of VtR along with the 'you don't have any real emotions, just the memories of it' shit. Keeps elders or even older ancillae from becoming pathetic throwbacks who couldn't really hunt.

That's not what they changed. A vampire is forever frozen when they were turned, but they can still learn and develop.

An eternal child is going to be a very wise and experienced vampire, but with a very childlike demeanor.

The 'mentally frozen' part is still there, I believe.

If it isn't, then it's a flaw. Vampires shouldn't be living past a couple centuries without going mad. It's essentially a failsafe to keep them sane.

I don't like vampires. They're a plague on the streets. I mainly use Death to interact with ghosts. I learned the Corpse Flesh rote from a travelling Arrow that I beat in a drinking contest. We made the news because we were both using Life to cheat.

That's actually how my Moros learned the spell in the game I used him in. I told the ST I wanted it and he said we would have to justify it since it was an AA spell and I was Apostate at the time.

How do Liches not go insane then if they don't have the frozen mentality benefit that Vampires have?

They most likely do go insane. Or already are, to some degree.

Hopefully the Lich has Mind, so as to enhance his/her mentality without actually freezing it.

Who's to say they don't go nuts? Liches aren't well known for their calm rational decision making.

high gnosis allows higher stat caps so mental stats at 6+ keeps them sane

You mean just like Elder vampires who we were just discussing needing weird mental stasis to keep them together.

Well at the same time having a high gnosis also loosens your various screws a bit.

Well those ass hats were wrong and vampires arnt static anymore so yeh.

The only part about them not being static anymore is the notion that they are emotionally hollow.

Vampires being mentally frozen at the time of their Embrace is still a thing.

>Vampires being mentally frozen at the time of their Embrace is still a thing.
I mean, it does make sense. Their body stops. Their brain should too, unless you just want to go wholesale and say that every single function of a vampire should just be from the curse, or just ignore those kinds of things altogether.

show it in print and you can have a cookie. Otherwise stop spewing shit.

I just ignore all this shit because it makes no sense for a being with functioning mental faculties who continues to obtain new experiences to "Freeze" in any respect. Its dumb.

There is no need for such a thing to explain beings living centuries staying sane, because the idea that long life necessarily leaves to mental instability is wrong and stupid, especially when there is a community of beings with similar lifespans in existence.

>muh citations

You don't get it. They freeze mentally, they will always be the same individual at the time of their Embrace.

This does NOT prohibit them from gaining experience. An eternal child is going to forever have the demeanor of a kid, but will still grow as an individual.

Most people dont even read the books and just spew verbatim what they have been told. I bet that this his how some GM ran it in some poxy game you were in and you now think thats they way it is.

Go read the fucking books, find the text that says vampires are mentally static they arnt even physically static anymore and can use willpower n shit to gain tattoo's and other shit.

So all 18 year oldat embrace vampires are immature teenage pricks? No.

IRL we as a species are going to need to discover ways to enhance the conscious mind in order to immortalize ourselves. Our brains can only store so much information.

It isn't wrong or stupid, and is a thoughtful discussion.

They had the fog of ages before, its still canon in 2e just not as common. Old vampires might eventually forget parts of their existence via the fog.

Immature teenage pricks at their core, yes.

Will they learn to act more accordingly in association with everyday unlife and petty Kindred politics? For sure.

muh headcanon.

We got a rager.

That makes no sense though. The personality changes as being obtain new experiences, one process cannot be divorced from another.

Telling me that someone cannot develop new personality quirks, philosophies, ideas, etc [that is to say, their SELF] is the same as telling me they either can't obtain new experiences, or they cannot process those experiences [which is to say, they are brain dead].

The Self is not some unchanging core personality that can be flash-frozen, its an evershifting collection of interwoven components, a process that continues as long as the sentient being is alive.

To put this to a thought experiment, lets take your child Embraced. What does it mean for him to have a 'childish' personality? Reduce it down to certain traits, such as playfulness, impatience, and whatever other terms you like. Could the vampire, through an ascetic practice and diligent effort, remove each of those traits to himself? Obviously. The only question is whether the tendencies would be utterly removed or not [and unless they are genetically incoded, they would be removable. In other words, his being Embraced would if anything be a liberation since he could use his vampiric powers to overcome some of his inborn limitations].
The question isn't one of storage capacity. Saying vampires had bad memories is reasonable. Saying a vampire somehow has his personality flash frozen makes no psychological sense.

>Telling me that someone cannot develop new personality quirks, philosophies, ideas, etc [that is to say, their SELF] is the same as telling me they either can't obtain new experiences, or they cannot process those experiences [which is to say, they are brain dead].

You completely missed the argument.

Did you even bother to read the thread? It's still early, have a go.

I can see who is missing the argument and its not who you think it is.

The 'flash frozen' mentality of vampires is more in the frame, not the picture.

Or vice versa, depending on how you prefer the analogy.

Whether it's true or not, it doesn't actually have to make any kind of psychological sense.

After doing some google searching all i can find about emotionless static vampires is Twilight.

All these vampfags are in the wrong thread.

Why would you use google and not just look in the books? They're in the mega.

tell me channers, what's the consensus on Promethean 2e? did they fuck up my personal favourite?

Promethean got a 2e before Changeling did? Nigga wat?

Hey ive done all that. Which is why im 90% sure that the static vampirefags are completely wrong. I checked google to make sure some dev didnt say something somewhere or something.

Masq/DA was all about static vampires etc but nwod, not so much.

It's still somewhat of a thing in Requiem, just not regarding emotions. They're no longer devoid of being.

And really, the static minds of vampires makes complete sense.

Disquiet and Wasteland are less of a pain in the neck, the Pilgrimage is more codified, and the power system's different and with a lot more vocabulary involved. It's not bad and it makes some decent improvements, but still has some baggage. If Werewolf's the best of 2e and Beast the worst, Promethean 2e is solidly in the middle.

They're following original splat print order: Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Promethean, Changeling, Hunter, Geist. Only difference is that Geist 2e might come out before Hunter 2e, but Hunter 2e is being written very, very quickly so we'll see.

>If Werewolf's the best of 2e and Beast the worst, Promethean 2e is solidly in the middle.
I do like Forsaken 2
but this doesn't sound very good desu

did Prommies' "power level" increase like Vamps' and Wolves' did?

No it doesnt, Static would mean they cant learn anything new. The fact they can means they arnt mentally static.

I had to go check the definition of static for a moment "lacking in movement, action or change". Vampires can move, do actions and even change with enough will.

Not static.

I hate when people try to dryly present their headcanon in like this. But since in this case, you are the tranny from the last thread trying to find any excuse whatsoever why someone would even consider embracing the hot mess of mental illnesses and inability to cope that is a trans individual, it's all the more laughable.

Dude, you are roleplaying. This isn't a game. This is a thread on Veeky Forums. You aren't in your magical realm, stop LARPING.

What annoys me is the fact he says its a AA spell and he couldnt learn it.

If he had the Arcana he could do it without sucking AA cock. What the AA did was probably have a rote for it butaving to suck AA cock to learn a rote because your an apostate comes with the territory i suppose.

user, you're stupid. Try using proper grammar and spelling sometime, as well as using context to get a better handle on what 'static' means here.

Putting aside whether it's true or not, when people say that vampires become mentally static at the time of their embrace, it just means that they maintain their same personality and mindset. They can still learn and process new information, but they won't grow or change like a person would over the course of the years. Static here is just meant to be the opposite of dynamic. Do you not recall middle school literature? Static characters versus dynamic characters?

Not to the extent of Vampire or Werewolf, but the new power system does make Prometheans potentially capable of a lot more. The right builds can make them powerhouses, but that's not too different from 1e.

It's worth a read and a play, at the very least.

It's a tranny. They are generally mentally volatile, emotionally unstable, narcissistic, mental cases. One common thread among them is they are virtually addicted to attention (positive or negative) and confrontation. They don't just relish it when they find it, they deliberately seek to provoke it, in their dress, in their behavior.

It's not even LARPING though. I was just replying in character because user was posting in character. Calm your autism. It was literally just one post.

I wanted to buy the rote, which comes from the Adamantine Arrow source book. ST made up a scenario to justify the buy and I played it.

>I was just replying in character because user was posting in character.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

>It's not even LARPING though

You were acting as though you were your character posting on Veeky Forums.

Please note - you weren't roleplaying in a thread, describing what you would do or say - you were literally acting like your character, in the comfort of your own home, and typing what he would have typed on an Albanian Ropespooling Imageboard.

You were LARPing, duder.

Not him, but you even used spoilers. C'mon.

>You were LARPing, duder.
No, I wasn't. Please look up what LARPing actually is, and if you do find a definition that details in-character posting as LARPing, please show it to me. I also don't understand why light in-character posting is bad. Are you embarrassed by roleplaying? Are you not here to discuss a roleplaying game on a board for roleplaying games among other people who play the same roleplaying game you like to play?

I am ready to go full-autism on this.

Cant prove his head canon, complains about spelling and grammar again.

Nice.

You were Larping dude. You were typing at your keyboard as your character.

A character who sucked some AA's cock for a rote.

Not my headcanon, and also what's this "again"?

>You were typing at your keyboard as your character
So are people who play online games also LARPers?

Only on rp servers. They are also gay.

Can confirm. Videogame RP made my dick like traps.

Happened earlier when people cant prove what they are talking about they call out bad grammar and shit.

What exactly do you think LARPing is? Seriously, I'm confused.

Live action roleplaying?

What do you think it is, just constrained to running around in forests throwing beanbags at people or hiding in cellars pretending to be vampires?

If you are roleplaying away from a tabletop game then you are Larping dude.

Wearing that furry suit you like and having kinky animal sex with your wife is larping too.

>I am ready to go full-autism on this.
You have been there from the start.

>I don't like vampires. They're a plague on the streets.I mainly use Death to interact with ghosts. I learned the Corpse Flesh rote from a travelling Arrow that I beat in a drinking contest. We made the news because we were both using Life to cheat.

Notice the "I" there. You are speaking in first person. Everything is being discussed from a first person perspective. Things only a RPG character would say, such as the learning of magical spell hocus pocus, and opinions of vampires involving them existing.

>angry vampfags attacking LARPer for antagonizing vampires in-character

Keep LARPing, user

>If you are roleplaying away from a tabletop game then you are Larping dude.
This is an incredibly stupid definition of it, and doesn't line up with what 'live-action' actually means at all, or even comes close to it. All definitions of Live-action roleplaying that I could find online do in fact detail it as roleplaying, in person, where you are dressed as your character and physically act them out in the course of a game that takes place in an area. Roleplaying on a computer is the polar opposite of that. In fact roleplaying at a table is closer to LARPing than what you seem to think it is. Where did you get that definition from? Your ass? I also went to look in the last thread, what exactly is your beef with in-character posting that would cause you to fucking sperg out over it? Or is that you're a vampfag and get triggered by user posting about his vampire obliterating NPC?

Fuck, I was prepared to be the autist in this situation but you beat me to the punch.

user, why does roleplaying suddenly become a non-autistic action for you when it's done seated around a table? LARPing is gay as fuck, but posting online in character isn't LARPing. It's just roleplaying.

Hey, Magefag here. Dude is still an autist for LARPing in a general

> but posting online in character isn't LARPing. It's just roleplaying.

It's roleplaying if you're playing a roleplaying game. It's LARPing if you're living out the experience.

If you're pretending to be your character and typing on a message board the things your character would type on a message board, you're LARPing.

If you're typing on a message board the things your character would say at a tavern, surrounded by a dozen tipsy orcs who are eyeing you off for spilling their drinks, you're roleplaying.

Jophiel, please liberate us from these autistic vampfags.

By all definitions, it's literally impossible to LARP online. Stop pulling shit out of your ass and show me where you're getting this from.

Plenty larps have forums you post IC too. If you post to it your larping.

posting here as your character is worse as your not even in a fucking game which proves you must do this constantly. I bet you live out this super drinking news worthy character every single second of the day??

Oh wow, stage 4 hissy fit achieved. Autistic screeching levels off the dial. Perception of safe space shattered. Tears streaming.

Keep trying to blather your way to victory though. It's making for some entertaining reading.

>If you post to it your larping.
No, if you post to it you're roleplaying as a character that you also LARP as. LARPing is literally physically acting out your character in person, period.

You're LARPing at the comfort of your own computer. We're just watching the tragic results.

What a petty discussion.

Do you want the magefags to return?

Fuck off!

>one brief in character post that wasn't even replied to
>user can't contain himself and replies to it nearly two hours later in a bitchy way
Yes, truly all my fault.

>We're just watching the tragic results.

No, we're reveling in and laughing our asses off at the sad, pathetic, and unintentionally hilarious results.

Posting in character on a board about discussing games, not a specifically in-character board just looks mentally ill. Don't do it if you can't handle being laughed it.

> A LARP is a collective fantasy world similar to the role playing game Dungeons & Dragons — but in the flesh

If it was tabletop you would say "I type this into the computer" if you actually type it into the in computer in the flesh thinking as your character then you are larping.

I do, actually. Yes, I would love the magefaggots to come back.

post the characters pic

user has drawn him for sure

need more laughs

This is a board for tabletop games. Naturally roleplay is going to be a part of that.

'In the flesh' literally means 'in person', which is what I said. If that's you're definition of it, then roleplaying at a table is also larping.

>it's literally impossible to LARP online

LARPing = Living out the actions of your character.

If you, as your character, make a post online - you're still LARPing.

Wait, why does it matter if someone is roleplaying just to take jabs at vampfags?

You guys will fight over anything.

What are you, weapons-grade autistic?

If you sit down at a table and say 'My character goes to the computer and writes this on Veeky Forums' - it's roleplaying.

If you sit at your computer and write 'My character would say X' - it's roleplaying.

If you write out what your character would write, in first person, like you were your character - it's LARP.

Otherwise you're making the literally retarded claim that while LARPing it is impossible to use the computer in character.

I dont take a spear along to my tabletop game and stab people with it like my character does.

If you were at a tabletop game and continued to type on your computer as your character then yes you would also be larping at it. Equally as sad at tabletop games as in your own bedroom just now.

So if you speak in the first person as your character at a table instead of the third, is that also LARPing? If you make gestures and expressions to act them out, is that LARPing?

I've got news for you user you might be the homosex.

No, it really isn't.

So the difference to you is just between speaking and acting in the first person (LARP) and the third (RP). user, that's fucking stupid. I'm sorry for not putting my character's lines in quotes and then putting "-Jack, Moros Apostate." at the bottom, even though I did differentiate by putting what I actually said in the spoiler and what the character said in plain text.

>So if you speak in the first person as your character at a table instead of the third, is that also LARPing? If you make gestures and expressions to act them out, is that LARPing?

That's where the line blurs. You could reasonably argue that you are LARPing while you roleplay.

My belief is simple - if you acting out your characters actions is the norm: then you're at a LARP. If you describing your characters actions is the norm: then you're roleplaying.

If you start making stupid gestures and expressions n shit at a tabletop then yes you are starting to larp and will eventually morph into a faggot.

user, you do realize you're in a thread for a roleplaying game, right?

No, you'd just write
>My character views vampires as a curse ect ect

Boom, simple.

What you did is LARPing, bucko. Just enjoy it. Go for the ride. By some foam armour and a nerf sword. Run around at night, screaming at cops about your +3 ring of electrical resistance, see where it leads you.