Has there ever been a time a Xeno was acceptable at all to the Imperium?

Has there ever been a time a Xeno was acceptable at all to the Imperium?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Jokaero
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Watchers_in_the_Dark
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Watchers_in_the_Dark
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, a couple of Eldar worked with a living Saint and helped revive Guilliman, so there's that.

Otherwise, a lot of xenos animals get sanctioned for human use as beasts of burden, warhounds, or livestock. Though they just as often transplant more wholesome Terran species around for use, even genetically engineering some for best results.

Radical Xenos Inquisitors and savvy Lord Generals may hire Ork or Kroot mercenaries, its not seen favorably but it can work.

Jokaero are a well kept secret of the Inquisition's upper echelons, but they certainly exist.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Jokaero

The grey knights use super smart orangutans

Orks from the Blood Axes clan trade with the Imperium and are sometimes hired as mercenaries. They're not particularly held in high-regard--but that's what happens when even Orks find you untrustworthy.

Fluff has gone back and forth, but there are the concept of a "Xeno Protectorate" and "Sanctioned Xenos".
A Sanctioned Xeno is essentially just that, an alien creature that someone in Imperial authority has given a "please don't kill on sight" order for. Usually, you have to have your sponsor or someone of similar authority with you at all times though. Krashrak the Stalker was an alien bounty hunter in the Inquisitor game, who worked with Imperial authorities and seems to have travelled independently at times. I doubt he hung around in bars scaring locals much though.

A Protectorate, as near as I understand, is essentially an alien species that the Imperium allows to live because they are some combination of too weak to pose a threat, too difficult to exterminate easily, and provide some sort of service or benefit to the Imperium. It's not a happy arrangement, and it's not something that's widely acknowledged as happening, but it does occur.
I could imagine, for example, a species of sapient jelly fish mining the depths of an oceanic world for the Imperium. They have no interest/ability to explore the stars, are timid and non-violent, and can provide the Imperium with vast mineral wealth. In exchange, the Imperium gives them Mafia style protection, scaring off all the other empires so long as the jellies keep giving up the goods.
(As far as sources go: the sanctioned xeno stuff is from Inquisitor and the FFG rpgs, the Protectorates I vaaaguely recall being referenced sometime around 4th edition, particularly in regards to the Jokaero. )

There are also all the aliens that Rogue Traders hang out with, but those guys are weirdos and technically outside the Imperium, as well as mercs that are hired by governors out on the fringes.

>A Protectorate, as near as I understand, is essentially an alien species that the Imperium allows to live because they are some combination of too weak to pose a threat, too difficult to exterminate easily, and provide some sort of service or benefit to the Imperium. It's not a happy arrangement, and it's not something that's widely acknowledged as happening, but it does occur.

This is basically what the Jokaero are, they're permitted in the Imperium but only if they're 'Sanctioned' kind of like psykers. They're treated with the same hate and suspicion psykers are because of XENOPHOBIC SPACE CATHOLICISM too

They would get along with the Eldar if the Eldar didn't always look down on them and act like they got a rod up their ass.

They do get along though.

There was that one time the Dark Templars spared a Xenos species from purging.

All the goddamn time
Xenos work with humans so long as they don't work against the Imperium

Pretty sure the Mechanicum wouldn't be on too bad of terms with the Necrons if the latter weren't usually omnicidal megalomaniacs. I'd love a Void Dragon C'tan model that either the Necrons or Mechanicum could field.

yes.
Plenty of sanctioned xenos.
The Emperor's "fuck xenos" attitude was against the ones who took the age of strife and mankind's temporary weakness as invitation to fuck up/enslave/exterminate man. He took a very poor view of traitors.

Ones who remained on good terms with mankind or didn't abuse the moment of weakness were okay as long as they weren't chaotic.

The Dark Angels keep a small race of hooded shadow aliens around.

No one knows what they are, what they look like, they can turn intangible to both physical and psychic attacks, and daemons instinctively feel fear in their presence. They also know about and attend to the comatose primarch. They're called the Watchers in the Dark.

Papa Smurf let the Tau-er, T'au evacuate before bombing the shit out of the Tyranids, a hitherto unprecedented move.

I've been waiting for some kind of necron + AdMech/Dark Mech/Iron Warriors adventure

Is this real lore, or a meme joke I'm missing?

>warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Watchers_in_the_Dark
>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Watchers_in_the_Dark

They're weird and barely mentioned. In one of the HH books a named Tzeentch daemon sneaks into the Dark Angels base and then freezes up in terror when it meets one of these. The daemon fucking bolted and then the Watcher just watched it run off and then slowly walked the other way.

During the Gothic War, the Imperium helped save an Eldar webway so they could be taught how to use them.

It's real. The Jawa-looking homie with Azrael is one of them.

This makes me surprisingly happy.

If I remember right aren't these dudes part of the Cabal?
Also I wish I knew more about them, they have practically zero lore. ;_;

Grox

ventris was preaching about honourable tau to guillimeme

Half the admech already worship the c'tan and Cawl has flat-out stated in Dark Imperium that he's a xenofucker trying to reverse engineer the cadian pylons.

Sure. dead xenos are acceptable to the Imperium. The more, the better.

It's for the best, the Cabal is really shitty lore.

Forgeworlds have stolen/raided Tau weapons, Necron Tombworlds, and a Craftworld was even invaded for stuff to study. A lot of Magos are like Cawl, he just doesn't hide it.

And maybe not scheme to kill a billion humans to save a handful of Eldar.

Because the Imperium wouldn't happily kill a thousand Eldar if it saved a few humans either? People lambast the Eldar for treating the Imperium in the exact same way they're treated themselves.

>Also I wish I knew more about them, they have practically zero lore. ;_;
As the other user said, it's for the best. Whatever you come up with in your headcanon would probably be cooler than whatever they'd write.

Harlequins technically are allowed on all imperial worlds by order of the high lords. However, this is not well communicated, since space clowns arriving from nowhere tend to get shot at.

Is this one of those things where the fluff long implied that there were 'out-there' techpriests, but they never provided a prominent example of one until Cawl?

>Is this one of those things where the fluff long implied that there were 'out-there' techpriests, but they never provided a prominent example of one until Cawl?
No, they've always kinda been like this, they just like keeping it under wraps from the rest of the Imperium.
There was a bunch of tech-priests in one of the Sisters of Battle novels (forget the name of it) which were ludicrously obsessed with Necron tech. They'd even kill Sisters of Battle if it meant they were allowed to study the dormant Necron tech in peace.

Fucking Eldar, the Imperium has dibs on killing those humans!

I feel the same.

Don't impugn the honor of the Black Templars with your lies.

To be honest, if the Eldary said "we kill a billion humans, save a handful of eldar, AND you can have this worthless planet afterwards". The imperium would probably offer them 2 billion humans just be sure.

They did this, in Carrion Throne novel Inquisition offered planets to Dark Eldar for repairing Golden Throne. Rowboat will be so mad if he learns this.

Ain't it pretty heavily hinted they are some kind of demon or some shit since there's all that are they aren't they stuff with the dark angels being heretics?

Not really.

It's at least hinted at once or twice that they're part of The Cabal, which was dedicated to fighting Chaos.

But that could be just another misdirection, so who really knows, they might be Malal aligned demons or some shit, sure.

I want KF to bash his head in with ghal maraz

Whose head? Emperor's?

When they are dead.

No

Nope.
>Great Crusade, Imperium finds a Human/Eldar settlement
>"They're too grateful to the Eldar Vulkan, and will thus, never accept the greater Imperium"
>"Burn it all."
And Vulkan, being the nice guy he is, did so.

Fuck the Corpse-god, we could have had elf-pussy.

>Inb4 they're fucking skinwalkers

At least he's got good taste in ass.

Rogue Traders often employ Sactioned Xenos.

A Sanctioned Xeno is a Xeno who has taken the Imperial Truth to heart and is willing to repent it's sin of not being a Pure Human by serving Humanity against other Xeno Threats

Grox.