/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/these-eras-are-dark-too-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the best game you've ever played?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYP_cqlvhQI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases
wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Pedophilia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gentlemen, how do we balance guns to melee? It's silly that a casual hunter usually has the same dice pool to hit as a master swordsman in cofd thanks to defense. And damage is no higher for melee to even compensate for this risk. A change is needed in some form in order to have more diverse builds for Hunters

I am planning on running a Vampire 20 the Dark ages game set in Rome during 1080 for years before the sack of Rome by the Normans.

Planning on letting the PC's set up their power base for the first 4 years in game, then have them have to deal with the sack and try and maintain their domains in its aftermath.

This would be my first Wod campaign o what advice might you have?
Would this work well?

Magic. use forces for a flaming sword and correspondance to teleport it into an enemy anus.

>missed the part where I said Hunter
I used to think Vampfags were the worst thing ever. Mages make me rethink that opinion

Don't get into melee as a mortal.

How does Mage sight interact with a changeling's mask/mein or a demon's cover? How can you tell their appearance isn't real and how could you view their true form?

There's a Practice for this specific purpose.

But what arcana(s)? And would they set off peripheral mage sight?

Spoofing still defeats Unveiling and Knowing spells.

Demon would be Prime, but you'd still have to get past all the bullshit that Demons can do.

Referring more to Unveiling here. A Demon / Changeling will be found out rather promptly.

see

No advice? Should I ask elsewhere?

Melee is 'viable' assuming the person you're fighting isn't supernatural or armed with a firearm.

If you're hellbent on playing a melee character fighting against the supernatural then you'll have to invest into supernatural merits to level the playing field.

>Gentlemen, how do we balance guns to melee?

Defense applies to firearms?

So I'm thinking about running Requiem for my group, but I've got no experience as a GM/ST.

I was just wondering if you folks had any tips or tricks for a beginner Storyteller?

Answer: Play a game set in a country with sensible gun laws that don't let every chucklefuck with enough money own a gun

Have the background fluff ready stuff like what factions are in the city and who controls what etc. But plan on your players going off the rails from the get go.

Just develop the simple method of GMing. Have a series of plot hooks and a vaguely intended story direction to default too, but above all master the art of improvising because nothing ever goes exactly according to plan.

If you intend for the players to go to Location A, you have to be ready for them if they decide instead to go to Location B, C, D, E or even W.

Usually this means being able to roll with the punches and make up new things to happen on the fly, but in a worst case scenario you can always abuse Schrodinger's Plot Hook.

For instance if a certain event or NPC was going to be at Location A, but the PCs have in their stupidity made their way over to Location W, its often entirely reasonable to put the event or NPC at the new location. The players will never know he wasn't always there.

Obviously you can't always do this, it'd be very weird for the ghost to be at the gay bakery instead of the haunted house, but other then that [or maybe even including that, this is White Wolf] you should get the idea.

>ghost to be at the gay bakery
Brings new meaning to cream filled?

If I ever open a bakery I am now naming it The Gay Bakery

>Implying gun laws mean anything to someone with the right connections and criminal intent, even under the UK's draconain laws.

What about crossbows?

Monopoly

Well yeah, but that means that a person needs to actually expend effort to have a gun, and also needs to expend effort to hide said gun and not get caught with it or shit gets real

The only country I know of like that is called Switzerland, and it's kinda small.

Every nation should aspire to become a little bit like Switzerland.

True, and i'm saying this as a proud burger

A tax haven for blood money and Nazi plunder?

There's better tax havens these days, and the Nazis owned most of Europe at one point - holding their shit was a smart move.

Even if swiss ingots have an abnormally high mercury content as a result.

>new vampire game this friday
>tell players they can choose any clan they want
>first guy to say something wants to be a Ravnos

Shit.

>Switzerland
>where every male has to do military service and is in possesion of an assault rifle if he is allowed to serve in the military (they do psychological tests)
>they had to resort to not handing out ammo because so many people did family massacres

Yeah no. As a Hunter in Switzerland you can get your hands on a military weapon fairly easy.
>

Wait what? Then what's the point in making them drag around a 10 pound hunk of iron then?

>planning phase of new chronic
>player i suspected to be a problem wants to be a malkavian
>shit.jpg
>actually sees that a disorder is fucked
>i am going to read about the clans
>muh they are all boring
>What mortal do you want to be?
>i don't know

Fuck. Don't join the chronic then.

Its militia based i think. So they have local a local armory in case of a national emergency. I am not 100% sure though.

Anyways Switzerland is not a country with few guns and sure as fuck not the only one that should come to mind,

Also proves it's not the crazy people who do all the shootings, doesn't it?

Eh family stuff that escalates, extended suicides yada yada

Nasty business

I desperately want to play a Malk with alien hand syndrome.

That sounds like it would be fun. Maybe you could fluff your Dementation as your clan curse leaking into a person from contact with the affected hand

Imagine if you resist a frenzy but your hand doesn't?

Imagine if you don't resist a frenzy but your hand does.

So like 'the evil dead'?

Question for Awakening players. What sort of defensive spells do you have up all the time? And what steps do you take to avoid having sleeper bystanders from noticing your magic?

Forces 2: shield against kinetic damage (modeled off of Matter 2 - Alchemist's Touch).

Last time I played, I ran around with a Mind Veiling spell most of the time.
Think a lower grade version of Incognito Presence.
One that is Withstood, and ceases to operate temporarily if you make a scene.
Less "you can't recognise me", and more "please don't look at me".

Which meant that it:
1. Didn't cost Mana as it's not a hard-limitation effect
2. Generally doesn't cause Quiescence, as it's not obviously Magical

The Outward and Inward eye lets you see everything in your field sensory range from every angle.

Kind of unpleasant when you're trying to shit or something but good to keep aware of ambushes being planned.

Defecation serves the Lie.

A cloak I've enchanted with invisibility and counts as 5/5 immune to armor-piercing.

How can that be true if Vampires don't poop?

Vampires piss out blood

Anyone got filename pics that are WoD related? I have a couple

Is nWoD good too?

Paradox happened

>**grumble** Picture reminds me that I'm still angry at SatyrDouche for eliminating the Lions of Zion in M20 because some SJW might be triggered by Zionists, yet he includes references to every fringe craft **grumble**

Try setting it in Australia
>Low gun ownership/crime rate
>But guns are still a thing, not impossible to get your hands on, but impractical to try and carry around for the most part.
>Few urban centers spread out over wjde, empty areas
>You only need to worry about the dominions of a few major characters and how they interact, rather than one for every city.
>Entire population of Australia is about the same as New York.
>You get to bring out weird Australian dreamtime inspired monsters that haven't been done to death in the horror genre.

>Playing M20.
>Not disregarding that shit in favor of the infinity better 2e and Revised

Pic Related

Chiming in to say I have played a Malk with Capgras Delusion who would occasionally believe someone had been replaced, which got interesting when we had to deal with Tzimisce infiltrators.

There's also a canon marauder with Cotard's. That would be interesting considering a vampire with Cotard's isn't entirely wrong...

youtube.com/watch?v=EYP_cqlvhQI

>Not setting it in really small countries like New Zealand

What am I reading.

>Best Taste user
Sequel comes out soon. Kiwifags will get it months before Americunts.

I have no idea user, but I want to read this out of morbid curiosity

I asked this last thread but I think it got overlooked. Shitty politics aside can't you create your own tradition?

The problem is that the book includes references to the Technocracy [who brainwashes people], the Cult of Ecstacy who do every drug and sex act on the planet, the Celestial Chorus with all its jihads and crusades, and the Taftani who even commit pedastry, but apparently the Lions of Zion are a step too far.

Diddling little boys is just fine for modern sensibilities but God help you if you support Jewish Nationalism.

WTF

Well perhaps you can start diddling little jewish boys?

I have an idea for a webcomic. It's going to be loosely based on WoD. It's about a neonate vampire in the Dark Ages, who uses his powers to take to a life of piracy. It will chronicle his life all the way to the modern ages and by the end he will be a super powerful Vampire with abilities like blood magic, shadow magic, super speed, strength, flesh crafting etc. There will be things like Werewolves, Mages, Demons and other supernaturals. What do you guys think?

>itty politics aside can't you create your own tradition?

You can of course do anything you want in your own chronicle, although an entire new Tradition would really upset the setting. However, the Lions of Zions already existed in Ascension/Sorcerer's Crusade canon, and were liked by a great many fans. Their exclusion, particularly in light of Phil's whitewashing (err..., snowflakewashing???) and name changing so many other Traditions and Crafts is just galling, and to the extent the rest of M20's setting and rules weren't already a steaming pile of crap, would be enough for me not to want to support the product and OPP.

>would it have been better if Phil's "fixed" the Lions?
>Kittens of Vague Judaean Ancestry who Have Nothing Unkind to Say About the Religion of Peace(tm) But Would Appreciate it Greatly if Parties Who Shall Not Be Mentioned Would Stop Slaughtering Their People

>Well perhaps you can start diddling little jewish boys?

>Confusing Jews with the Catholic Church

Which one sucks baby dicks again I get them mixed up?

World of Shiver Me Timbers

>sucks baby dicks

???

Is that a niche WOD reference?

The Tale of Gary Stu ???

fuck off please

>Mhmmm yes that is a fine suckling if i do say so my self

Nope, still going with Catholic Church

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

Imagine the heads that would explode if this was ever mentioned in the WOD or M20.

wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Pedophilia

Jeffrey Epstein, it's you?

too bad their isnt as much outrage over school teachers or daycare abusers.

and its easier to just accept Ahmeds cock up the ass in those countries

I was thinking of making an arc were he fights Demon Ninjas or Chinese Vampire Ninjas. Ninja vs Pirate action.

And people ask why I have such a problem with Abrahamic Religion.

Well he's not going to start of powerful. It will basically be a Shonen Horror hybrid.

If you're running WoD, and your games don't feel even a little bit like Phantasm, you should be running Chronicles instead.

But he will eventually surpass everyone else right?

Gary fuckin' Stu

>And people ask why I have such a problem with Abrahamic Religion.

Paedophilia and sexual abuse have nothing to do with religion per se. Abusers will always use positions of authority and trust in respected institutions to cover their abuse, regardless of whether it's religious institutions, schools and day care, or perverts at BBC.

The abuse relating to the Catholic Church was so vile, not only because of the many victims, but because it was so incredibly widespread and the powers that be in the Church actively covered-up the crimes of so many abusers for so many years. Like many scandals, it was the cover-up, not only the horrific crime.

>And people ask why I have such a problem with Abrahamic Religion.

I have a problems with many unions, particularly teacher's unions. They routinely protect and defend terrible sexual abusers and other criminal.

And you could sue the church and get lots of money. Dont forget that part either. Cant sue the local daycare or the city park groper for that sweet payday.

Chronicles of Darkness: SVU

>flashbacks to Forever Knight

>He was brought across in 1228,
>Preyed on humans for their blood.
>Now he wants to be mortal again.
>To repay society for his sins,
>To emerge from his world of darkness,
>From his endless forever night.

Idea for a Hero: they simply call him the Rodent, for he protects the poor and the powerless in places that other Heroes do not find so glorious. He is extremely urban savvy, and has a Gift that allows him to use a limited form of spatial control through subways, alleyways sewers and such. Whatever rewards he earns from killing Beasts or saving innocents, he shares with the poor and powerless. He possess surprisingly high Integrity, but has a dark secret. He is actually hundreds of years old, and has been keeping himself alive by killing Beasts. He was born as a nobleman, but was cursed by an Incarnate Beast to live as an eternal outcast for his snobbery and arrogance. Now he roams the great cities of the Earth, seeking a way to bypass the curse, return to glory and retain his Heroic powers.

No, there will be new threats that arise that match his new powers of course. Mages will be OP as fuck for sure.

I'm normally not big on gratuitous lawsuits, but if there ever was an inexcusable and widespread breach of a duty of care to children, it was the Church abuse scandal.

Whatever the Church has paid, it's not enough.

You might as well just say all religion. And pretty much every institution ever. Genital mutilation, pedophilia, and other forms of sexual abuse aren't just limited to Abrahamic religion.

Thats nothing. Look at the number of missing children in the DC area compared to the entire state of California. For an area about 1/10th the size it sure is doing its best to have more faces on milk cartons

World of Lawyers

It's because politicians have Satanic kiddie sex parties in pizza shops. It's true, and I've actually been pretty worried because have you noticed how people who speak up are just disappearing? It's almost as if somebody is