Previous Thread: >>54141823

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What is your favorite mono color commander and how do you make up for its colors weaknesses?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-hapatra-edh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Babby Jace. What weaknesses?

>question
Kumano. I use Null Brooch, Chaos Warp, Capricious Efreet and Spine of Ish Sah to help for more coverage.

Feldon because he's easily one of the coolest cards in the game. I make up for mono-R's weaknesses by GOING FASTER.

Suddenly I want to make a Sliver Overlord EDH with a Shields of Velis Vel in it.

Are slivers okay as long as I don't make infinite tokens with Sliver Queen or what?

Selvala NO WEAKNESS

be prepared to be hated off the the moment you flip over your commander

Slivers are never ok

Sram, Sram, he's our man.
Drawn by Rahn, I love dat hand.

You'll be a target no matter what if your group has any kind of experience with Slivers. They tend to snowball out of control and generate exponential value just by being on the table. It'll take a little while for them to realize that you aren't doing anything degenerate with them. You'll have to tough it out through that.

I'll think about it.

First for new commander sux/is bretty cool shitposting

As far as tribal commanders go, it's pretty good. Cats don't have much support yet, but we might see something good come out of it. My girlfriend will probably like it

honestly id hate target you all out first no matter when, even if i knew your were not being a degenerate cause fuck slivers

I don't know why they didn't make it Naya. Just give it a 2R or 1RR activation cost

Brimaz is okay.

Kemba's good with voltron. Raksha's awesome.

Because wotc is retarded and loves cats for some reason.

I don't play them, I just know from experience (watched a guy get ass mangled because he was eating a lot of hate despite not doing much) that Slivers are pretty fucked. They skew threat perception because they can become a massive threat at any time and with little warning.

>no discord link
Seriously you mother fuckers? At least put a thread title and an edition. What are you, twelve? Are you afraid of my massive discord cock or something? Just grow the fuck up.

The problem is that playing Mono-W in EDH is suffering.

>favorite mono color commander
NO REST
NO MERCY
NO
MATTER
WHAT

It's a voltron deck with a decent amount of rocks and you have to make getting Sword of the Animist your top priority because lol8mana

might as well import my autism here

harmonize and concentrate are costed very generously, and are rare exceptions. even then, they're 4 mana draw spells and are therefore more efficient.

i don't really understand why you're bringing up cantrips either. they replace themselves. when you cast git probe, you're paying 1 mana to look at your opponent and replace the card. that's why git probe's effect isn't as strong as giant growth's. it replaces itself, while giant growth doesn't.

this shouldn't be that hard to understand

find me a draw 2 spell at 2 mana with no additional drawback, and i'll accept that a card is worth exactly 2 mana.

Then how about Jedit Ojanen instead? He's like turbo-Brimaz.

Ancestral Recall.

on the subject of mono color weaknesses, how jank is isamaru?

He's a 7-mana do-nothing commander who isn't good for much besides flavor.

>What is your favorite mono color commander and how do you make up for its colors weaknesses?
Gonti

I use Unstable Obelisk and stolen cards to help with artifact/enchantment hate. I'd love a Karn, but they're so expensive.

BTFO

Haha, OP you seem to have forgotten the discord link. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

It's an honest mistake though so don't beat yourself up about it.

illegal card friend

Solid RW wrath protection, but don't use them with tokens.

Voltron is white's only real hope. Isamaru isn't significantly worse than most things since getting your commander out T1 is pretty huge, but "not bad for mono White" isn't actually a compliment. I'd rather just run Sram.

>actually listening to Sheldor

OG Drana is my favorite, and black doesn't really have any weaknesses, but I compensate by never casting her, unless I can alpha strike/run out of fatties/can't reanimate anything.

I also run whip of erebos for surprise lifelink to make up for all the life loss that's about to happen.

It is not an honest mistake, I purposefully left it out.

No one said anything about in EDH. Ancestral Recall is a card that exists, therefore it can be used in an argument.

>Harmonize trades 4 for 3, or 1.3.

i only now realized how retarded you truly are

harmonize costs a card to cast. you pay 4 mana AND A CARD to gain 3 CARDS which means you only gained 2 NEW CARDS which means each card cost you 2 MANA which means you paid 2 MANA for EACH NEW CARD

Which would still mean that it would be worth 3 mana, not 3.5 mana. You're wrong regardless. And it's not Giant Growth, it's a more conditional Giant Growth.

>hurr look at me I'm cool because I remove something people like
fu*k u bitch nigga ur a bitch

New meme deck for people to whine when the inevitable Pyroclasm wipes their board of X/2s.

You can say fuck and nigger on the internet user.

you're paying an opportunity cost by casting a 4 mana draw spell. higher cost spells are more efficiently costed because of counterspells, aggro/tempo pressure, etc.

you're right that it's a conditional giant growth, and that's the point that people should have argued against me all along. i still think it's gay as fuck because it's free value every turn from a creature that is more or less removed from the game

just like ur mum last night m8

>oh fu*k me harder nigga my husbands dik made a bitch ass cuk

I bet you play some janky stinky titiana deck and don't even understand competetive EDH.

>janky stinky titiana deck
Yes. Your mother Crop Rotates on my cock.

bitch, I just made a ur mum joke, make up ur own humor I'm OG

ur titana deck would eat a bitch dick with my smokestack

i saw this coming. ever since the dragon leak people have been wondering "what are the other 3 tribes??"

but it was right in front of their faces the whole time.
>cat dragon
>dragon avatar
>spirit dragon
dragon, cat, spirit, avatar.

>No eldrazi
Fug, someday we will get better devoid, exile matters and , someday

HOO

No Universal Solvent?

They should've been legends.

Do Hybrid Mana Symbols count as one of each for devotion?

Ye

>no skeletons

Fuck! Why did you lie to me, /edh/?

Almost anything black can't do can be compensated with artifacts

>Avatar
>not Human

Taigam's the key, user, not that two of our face commanders are Avatars. I bet the last two are also Avatars with Eminence though, I'll give you that.

They only count for one symbol but they're applied to both colors. So Fists of the Demigod would count as 1R for Purphoros and 1B for Erebos, but it would still only be 1 devotion towards activating Mogis.

Enchantments and Artifacts are still a bitch though, hence why GB is such a good color combo. It covers nearly everything.

I'm not sure it's worth it. Seems strictly worse than Unstable Obelisk and Scour from Existence. Might be better in mono blue, due to artifact interactions though.

Examples?
Gonna build her next.

steel hellkite is my MVP
lightning greaves/swiftfoot boots for haste/evasion
expedition map to find cabal coffers/urborg/nykthos or hate lands
i also run grip of desolation because it can kill Iona

Im the fag who plays daxos the returned and I have too much social anxiety to play with people at a lgs. What do?

>is in the command zone effect

We already know that all of the cover commanders from C17 will have an in-the-command-zone effect.

If this is lolcats it's shit.
If it's Avatars and we get Snek, Doge and Birb Avatars, it can be saved as the ultimate memedeck.

Tribal Giants confirmed?

Mom jokes are easy.
Like your mom.

It's almost certainly only Cats considering that its effect is only useful for Cats.

You missed part where it says "Feline Ferocity".

post spicy cards you recently found

>feline ferocity
>effect targets/pumps exclusively cats
You blind?

Return to Theros will have a colorless god representing atheism.

>dragon deck has a human in it

The ability to drop it two turns early, making it an eight-mana Scour, feels more useful than as a poor mana rock, I feel like maybe worth the additional slot.

they can't possibly fuck it up more than they already have

>naya

no, if i can't run spooky mirri, it's still shit

Literally just copped this card because someone posted in this thread. Works perfect in my black sac deck

Foil ones are like 60 cents

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-hapatra-edh/

R8 plz

getting a custom playmat of pic related :^]

I found it a while ago but I think it's worth being put in any spicy tech discussion
>stuck on two lands the whole game
>GR stompy dude ramps up and casts Vorinclex
>cast this
>cast reanimate on my next turn

i thought you couldnt add cards in your deck if it didnt have the same color identity, dual mana symbols included?

Commander decks always have one nigga who didn't read the memo and has a completely different strategy.
Birb Avatar is a posibility until it isn't.

You can't.

then
does not have a valid deck

Correctomundo

fixed. I just changed it over from scorpion god; forgot about kulrath knight

>waifu
>posts the bad artwork

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-hapatra-edh/
I feel like you have plenty of ways to make snakes, but you could use more ways of making snakes into victories. I recommend Sadistic Hypnotist, Regal Force, Woodfall Primus, and Natural Order.

Has Harvest Season worked out well for you?

It wont be Avatars because I'm guessing the face card for all the other decks will be Avatars for their own tribe
>Cat Avatar
>Dragon Avatar
Also that deck is going to be cats you dumb dumb.

is flipped hanweir captain pretty much the only cleric token shitter?

Westvale abbey and heliod both produce cleric tokens as well but only for mana.

Westvale Abbey and Heliod.

Speaking of westvale abbey, am I able to use it in a monoblack deck or is that not possible because the tokens it produces are black and white?

The color words don't count as a color identity, just the symbols. You can use the Abbey.

forgot about heliod. still expensive but not as slow or pointless as westvale

no white mana symbol, so it is legal

Awesome, thanks.

how the shit do I get into mtg? my buddy and I mess around with his vehicle and vampire decks, but I'm not sure what boosters or set to buy. we're pretty casual.

t. 3 (regrettable) years of hearthstone player

Well you should research formats hard before buying anything. I bought a bunch of modern and ended up liking edh more.

Did you buy kaladesh? I'm thinking about dropping $15 on these 1k ebay bundles

1k ebay bundles?