sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on 5e General:
What're your character's grooming habits?

>no title
this is now Marcille thread

KA-posting....

This is the warlock of threads.

The elf child above isn't edgy enough. What a shame.

Do you design dialogue in advance or just wing it?

Repost of OP faggotry

>Minor Modrons
>Level 2 Warlock spell (Pact of Order)
>Components- V, S, M- A clockwork device aligned to Mechanus worth 100 gp
>Duration- 1 hour (Concentration)
>Cast time- 1 Action

>You briefly summon a 10ft wide by 10 ft tall one-way portal to Mechanus, from which 6 Monodrones march out and stand at attention.The summoned creatures stand idle until commanded. Roll initiative for the summoned creatures as a group, which has its own turns. They obey any verbal commands that a Duodrone issues to them (no action required by you) and ignore communication from any other beings. If a Duodrone doesn't issue any commands to them, they take no actions except to continue their previous command single-mindedly. The DM has the creatures' statistics.

(In this case the level 1 Law Warlock ability is "You speak Modron and count as a Duodrone when communicating with them)

My character was starting to go on a pirate campaign, where we would cross the ocean for weeks at a time, and I was the only one who bought soap and a change of clothes. So that makes me the cleanest of everyone in the group, somehow.

Tightly bound beard takes work and deeply fissured scars require thorough cleaning.

Why is the rogue's level 20 feature arguably worse than a feature that divination wizards get at level 2?

>not making your own soap out of sea monsters

>The elf child above isn't edgy enough. What a shame.

Stop ear-shaming Marcille! It isn't her fault she's obese! Really! She has to keep the crazy cannibal leading her party happy, so no refusing food!

Op and don't do this. We all know Warlock's one of the most boring classes around, giving it even more at-will damage isn't gonna fix that.

With this the Warlock would be stupid not to just have 6 of these following him around for an extra 6d6+6 damage each turn. Sure they die easy but between 6d6+6 and Eldritch Blast at level 3 he's gonna fuck over everything.

The idea is that they'd need micromanagement to not be dumb, as Monodrones do, but that depends on the DM and it's better to balance around hard rules rather than DM interpretation I suppose.

Level 20 features aren't all good. It's just that some classes get better ones, especially a couple of classes that get shafted in the levels earlier than that.

For example, bard gets jack shit in its very last levels.

Forgot to add- maybe it'd be better to make it take a full action to command them, as it takes you a while to essentially speak Binary out loud, so if a Monodrone kills a target and doesn't get new orders it would either stand idle again or attack a random target, including other Monodrones

Honestly I don't think this can work as a Warlock spell because we've already been over why Short Rest recharge Conjuring is bad. Then again those "Once per long rest use a Warlock slot" ideas are dumb as well.

I'd make it an invocation that lets them summon 6
for an hour once per day, put a level 4 or 5 level restriction on it.

>For example, bard gets jack shit in its very last levels.

Not true, they get 9th level spells and their final opportunity to steal two high level spells from any other class, giving them a free hand to pick out the best spells in the game.

Might be better as a class ability which upgrades with WLK level then, since I was otherwise going to make stronger ones as you leveled up, with a 9th level spell to summon a Modron platoon

I was referring to level 19 and 20 where many people consider multiclassing out of bard.
However, now that I look over it again, it's honestly not so bad - An ASI, an extra level 7 spell and 'possibly' some extra bardic inspiration if you're wasteful with it / if you insist that you can start an encounter with anything.

A lot of classes get 'you regain resources' at level 20.
Barbarian gets infinite rages as well as other boons.
Druid gets infinite wild shape.
But then,
Bard gets 'you gain a bardic inspiration under certain conditions'
Sorcerer gets 'you get four more sorcerery points on a short rest'
Monk gets 'if you somehow spend 20 ki before a short rest and start an encounter you can have 4 ki back'
Those last three aren't great but they're not bad.

Also rough overlay-

>Level 1
You speak Modron and count as a Duodrone when communicating with Modrons

>Level 6
You count as a Tridrone or lower when communicating with Modrons, get a 1/short rest Advantage or something

>Level 10
Count as Quadrone or lower, maybe a PC Axiomatic Mind? Not sure how to balance that though, as PCs can be nebulous at best when it comes to acting out Alignment.

>Level 14
Count as Pentadrone or lower, not sure what would be a good ability.

Making Modron summoning Invocations is probably the best way to go about it

>maybe a PC Axiomatic Mind? Not sure how to balance that though
Immunity to being charmed and frightened

I'm making a setting about airships and floating islands (because of magic wars sennanigans).
The surface is covered in darkness, and it is said that those who enter it never come back.
What's down there, Veeky Forums?

Yeah that's the obvious route but kinda feel like that steps on Archfey's toes, though Fear and Charmed is different enough from "Charm and Countercharm" it's fine.

A magical realm. THE magical realm.

Nothing. It's a bottomless pit that eventually becomes outer space, and if you go far enough the GOOs start wondering what the fuck you're doing in their kitchen.

Jungle world, fill with monstrosity.

Gravity reverses and it's a mirror image of the sky above the crowds, but slightly different.

The normal world, after developing after the war and returning to relative peace without knowing of the islands hidden in the skies by vast illusions.

why hasn't anyone returned, though?

Magical darkness means no plant life. Maybe some Underdark kind of stuff is still alive, glowing mushrooms and grimlocks and stuff like that. Or maybe the darkness is a thick blanket of toxic polluted air, and there's all futuristic ruins down there.

Some Invocation ideas
>Level 3
The above Modron summon spell once a day
>Level 6 or so?
Monodrone Familiars- once/long rest you can indefinitely summon two Monodrones to act as servants or guards for [arbitrary number] gp per summoning (in M components), you can only have 2 at a time and they vanish if they get [arbitrary distance] from you
Level 6 seems like the point where 2 cr1/8 creatures should have negligible effect on combat
>Better Modron summon
Summon higher CR ones once/long rest

A really hard surface with corpses and decay all over it, but the magic that holds the islands up keeps any dust from forming, so it's a massive graveyard.
Inside the really hard surface is the core of the planet, which turns out to be a long-lost alien vessel that has, for a long, long, long, long time been ruined and overrun by all sorts of creatures, and it happened to gather soil and become a full planet until shit happened and everything's in the sky.

People don't return because they either go down into the core and die there or because they can't fucking fly. Gravity.

How come there is none barbarian path based on the mongols?

Is there any homebrew?

Or just straight-up Underdark except instead of tunnels and cramped areas it's vast flat wastelands with only a few caves and cramped areas, with Drow adapting to "surface" life. Explorers that go through the dark have lanterns or etc. that attract deadly wildlife.

Call it something edgy like "The Nightlands".

Play a ranged fighter and ride a horse?

Is magic darkness the great equalizer? The spell caster can't see in it and the opponent can't see in it. Disadvantage canceling the advantage right?

A couple of reasons. First, people generally don't want to bring horses into dungeons, and so mounted combat gets little support. Second, Mongols aren't really known for flying into mindless rages like Norse berserkers are. Despite their nomadic lifestyle, their level of organization, law, and discipline make them more fighter-like than barbarian-like.

Honestly, what you want is a Cavalier fighter, which they've already released in a UA.

Devil's Sight, Blindsight, Tremorsense, and Truesight all exist.

>Level 14- 120ft Truesight
Mite b cool

Oh yeah, thing I didn't even consider - D&D barbarians are shit at archery. Their class features depend on making Str-based melee attacks.

That's what I'm taliking, what if a path let you use str for damage roll with bows and rage didn't end earlier?

It's always 20 instead of rolling, you decide to use it after you fail instead of before rolling and it comes back after a short rest instead of a long rest.

You can't use it on as many kinds of rolls, but it is better than portent in a lot of ways. Mostly it's just not portent. It also overrides portents used against you.

Because the flavor doesn't match at all. If you're a barbarian, you're a psycho who weaponizes anger to carve through enemies and ignore pain. That just plain doesn't fit with aiming a bow. You can throw weapons using Strength, but Mongols were more about bows.

Seriously, just be a fighter, preferably a cavalier. Why do you think you have to be a barbarian?

I come up with a basic message that needs to be conveyed, but a pre-written speech has a high likelihood of being re-written by players.

This. The Mingol (Lankhmarian Mongol) in my campaign is a Champion Fighter.
The only changes to him were the loss of Heavy Armor Proficiency for a Weapon Mastery feat of his choice (he went with scimitars/swords).

art related

What should a rogue use expertise on? Stealth and tools at level 1 and then base level 6 off the campaign?

Perception if no one else is good at it, Athletics if you are going to be doing a lot of free-climbing, Persuasion if no one else is a Bard or some other class good at it.

Also Athletics if you are a shitty meme-character wrestler.

>It's always 20 instead of rolling, you decide to use it after you fail instead of before rolling and it comes back after a short rest instead of a long rest.

But portent can be applied to anyone instead of just the user, which enormously increases its flexibility and makes low rolls very useful anyway. In addition, portent covers saving throws while stroke of luck doesn't. And portent can be used 2-3 times per long rest while stroke of luck is once per short rest, which in practice isn't a big difference, and sometimes makes portent even better (if you wanted to use it multiple times against a difficult enemy, for instance).

The case can be made that they are about the same in overall usefulness, but one of them comes at level 2 and the other comes at level 20.

Disregarding those abilities. Is it neutral correct? Against creatures who do not have those options.

Portent is vastly more useful than Stroke of Luck, how is this even an argument/discussion?

Also, Stroke of Luck is arguably one of the worst 20th level abilities in the game.

Yes.

There are also certain classes that lose their penalty for being unable to see their foes.

Hey 5eg, I need some help from engineering types.

>Bearbarian 6
>Powerful Build racial feature
>Brawny feat

All in all the dude can lift/push over 2 tons.

Now, as far as doors, walls go, how should I reflect this massive strength in game?
Just looking for a simple chart, within reason, similar to how the DMG handles item AC.
So wood doors can resist roughly _____ lbs of push weight or whatever, stone walls can resist roughly ______ much ect.

I want him to be able to enjoy being the fucking hulk, you know? While also keeping things within reason.
What do you guys think far as numbers go?

>pic possibly related

Reminder that your stated lift/push is what you can comfortably do all day long without a test at all. If you need to move more weight, you can make an Athletics check.

Anyone who has used this, what are some good multiclasses that go with it?

I know, dude is literally in a world of Play Doh

desu I'd just let him tear down anything that's not heavily reinforced, and the reinforced stuff as well if given enough time. Don't need to go all maths in it, just do what you consider adequate.
So wooden doors he just kick them down, tears most stone walls in a couple of rounds, with a test to tear it all at once while raging. Stuff like that. The wizard is flying over obstacles, let the barbarian crush through them.

think I will probably.
I'll see what everyone else has to say, check with the group as a whole, but as it is for a cheese to the max hgh lethality game I think the party is gonna be stoked

I wouldn't have the surface covered in darkness. I would say to just have a generally thick cloud layer and then beneath that is all sorts of hazardous terrain like jagged spires and violent windstorms.

Then, it becomes something more interesting, since it's still hellish to try and traverse or explore it, but if you really need to slip under the radar or go unnoticed, you could risk your airship in a daring maneuver to fly that incredibly low.

So, earlier there was some discussion about abjuration wizard with armor of agathys. I'm doing stats right now, and I've come to a thought: If you want to get hit to trigger the AoA damage, is it better to go with lower armor? Survivability isn't really an issue with all the ward and temp HP that'll be flying around. What do you guys think? Intentionally go with lower armor, or don't?

Perception>Stealth>Athletics>>Investigation>Persuasion>Nature>Arcana>Insight>Acrobatics>Thieves' Tools

Choose any of those but the first three are highset recommendable.

Light Crossbow or Hand Crossbow for a halfing ranger? I like the light crossbow, but I assume that 1H Weapon + Hand Crossbow is a more powerful combo, especially with crossbow expert.

Stealth and Insight are the two with the highest potential to absolutely fuck you over if you fail on them. Anything else is nice to have, but Stealth and Insight are usually higher-stakes checks.

Might as well go hand crossbows since you can't use heavy crossbows. +1.052 damage per hit isn't worth it over an extra attack for 1d6+dex damage.

>Insight
Failing insight doesn't really screw you over. You usually roll insight when someone is suspicious and if you roll poorly then you're just gonna still be suspicious.

I'd prefer athletics or perception as they both get a lot of use.

Hand Crossbow is always the best choice of ranged weapon in the game, for any class. The extra attack from corssbow expert is just that good. There are entire ranged fighter builds made around the hand crossbow, but almost none around the longbow or heavy crossbow.

No love for deception?

You need a free hand to reload.

It's a maybe, but generally persuasion is better.
I guess if you're playing an evil character deception might be better but even then persuasion sometimes comes out on top.

It's just persuasion is generally better and there are times you can try both persuasion or deception.

shit, that's right. crossbow in one hand and nothing in the other, then? with CE I'd still be able to get the bonus action attack, right?

Correct. Add Sharpshooter for extra fun!

And with sharpshooter go hunter and get volley + horde breaker to add +10 to all of those extra attacks and refluff your hand crossbow as a machinegun.

I was thinking about going Stalker Conclave from the revised UA article but that sounds beautiful too

Warlock 1/Wizard X, go for a Deep Gnome.

When you get to 5 pick up the Deep Gnome racial feat for free casting of nondetection. You can cast nondetection whenever you want for 6 points of Arcane Ward.

Am I going to be annoying to other people if I take the Mounted Combatant feat even though I don't own a mount? My character's a Knight and I figure I'll buy a cheap Horse asap for travel and combat where appropriate.

Reminder that if your DM allows you to do this he's a cuck

I agree it's stupid, but even a singleclassed Deep Gnome Wizard can pull this off RAW and RAI.

The weird part is I think this is the only cheesy combo that is allowed in AL games, because it only requires a single feat to be able to function.

Just use warlock's armour of shadows.

It's slower but you're probably using it mostly out of combat anyway and you get mage armour out of it.

It doesn't change the fact that any DM who actually allows this is a retard.

Issue there is you've now spent two more levels in Warlock when you're likely INT based. Plus you lose out on Arcane Ward points.

Depends on the group, in a party of CE+SS Rangers and PAM+GWM Barbarians it's a perfectly okay thing to allow, in a normal party you're probably gonna want to shut it down as soon as you see a Deep Gnome Abjurer.

But you get to pick up agonizing blast, which is much better than just flinging firebolts around.

I guess the problem is if you want to use armor of agathys you're probably going to put yourself in danger which means you also need high con, and 'maybe' good dex (Though higher AC means it's harder for enemies to hurt themself).

Deep gnome is probably a better way of doing it but it's race-restrictive and more likely to get gunned down by a DM, I suppose.

I was planning on being a Tiefling rather than a Deep Gnome. Perhaps another time.

It's not even good.

What do I do if I want to play a character who's entire thing is he's trained for years on becoming tough as shit to kill or bring down.

We're starting at level 5 but will likely go to 20, this is my favorite group because they can actually keep it together for a long campaign.

I was thinking a Long Death Monk, maybe Hill Dwarf or Revenant if the DM will let me. Any other ways to become unkillable?

Was this fan-art?

Long Death Monk
Immortal Mystic
Champion Fighter (at high level)
Bear Barbarian
Life Cleric
Moon Druid (might not fit the implied theme)

Use the one Planeshift Human if you can, +2 HP per level. Take Tough for an additional +2 hp per level.

>Use the one Planeshift Human if you can, +2 HP per level. Take Tough for an additional +2 hp per level.
The Planeshift humans are just variant humans with preselected feats and explicitly can't take a feat that replicates their racial features.

You can also make an AC whore if you're okay with AC unkillable rather than mound of health unkillable. You can refluff most misses as being hits that you just shrug off, anyways. A good race for this (if you don't want to wear actual armor) is a Lizardfolk with high dex.

Bear Barbarian is a big pile of HP that gets Resistance to all damage (except Psychic) while in Rage.

DEX Barbarian on top of that gets the best non-magical AC.

However, both of these options have a vulnerability hole in their Wisdom saves. Can patch it up a little bit by being a Half Elf and taking Resilient (Wisdom).

That said, DEX Barbarian loses heavily in the damage department - it's not worth it. Better to just use a shield.

STR Barbarogue (Barb 3 or 5, 3 is all that's needed to be tough while 5 gives extra attack) does well with a shield since its damage starts scaling up using the Rogue's Sneak Attack. Uncanny Dodge and Evasion help survivability, making up for the loss of HP, and at 15th naturally get proficiency in Wisdom saves, though it comes rather late for the multiclass even if it saves a feat.

Multiclassing also misses out on Persistent Range at 15th, which makes Barbarian tough all day long rather than during combat.

All that said, though, Paladin is by far the most solid mix of survivability and killiness, having an extra pool of HP equal to 5xlevel, CHA boost to all saves, and beefy d10 HP by default with Heavy Armor proficiency. Ancients gets resistance to all magic damage at 7th, while Devotion gets immunity to charm.

Don't know if they allow 3rd party stuff but this set might be pretty good. Basicly Strength monk that completely disregards Dex in favor of Con.

Flavor wise it takes the best of Monk and Barbarian: Not just blind rage but still focuses on taking hits. Like how Says, you can fluff hits that are supposed to miss as just things that hit but don't faze you.

Seconded this. Throw in 3 levels in barbarian for totem if you want. It's not necessary but it helps.

Rate these pseudo stunning strike options for one of class' subclass.

>Multiclassing also misses out on Persistent Rage at 15th, which makes Barbarian tough all day long rather than during combat.

To my understanding, your rage still only lasts a minute, but you don't have to hit something to maintain it. It just automatically maintains.

You'd be correct.

Hey if they did oriental adventures again what races would you like WoC to introduce as player options?

>No title

Fuck me took me ages to find this thread cunt.

>Dinosaurs

Do you let your players polymorph into Dinosaurs if they've never seen one or heard of one?

Since dinosaurs died out millions of years ago

DnD dinos aren't real dinosaurs.

Its fantasy roleplay senpai.

Nothing is real.

No, I mean the "dinosaurs" depicted in the MM are only cursorily similar to the actual namesake creatures that inhabited Earth millions of years ago.

They are as fantastical as owlbears.