What would your assumption be about a setting like this just based on the picture? That said...

What would your assumption be about a setting like this just based on the picture? That said, would it be possible to get more like this?

An old west game mixed with a JRPG aesthetic. Darkish setting but more over the top elements that lighten the mood, focus on character interaction and RP.

I see a Ranger with a smug horse, a whisky swilling Paladin who's tired of people's shit, and a magic user/mechanic who's come from the bigger cities along the coast with her fancy motorcycle.

Miyazaki Wild West.

Would it use this for a world map?

SJW trash

Some kind of pre/post WWI aesthetics of some sorts with people immigrating from the old world to desert boom towns to start a new life

Is this just a joke thing somebody did, or the secret map of something amazing?

.....I would be fucking all right with that.

You bet your left tit you'd be OK with that.

Blacks were free in the wild west and most cowboys didn't give a fuck about your skin color as long as you don't spook the damn horses and cattle.

Setting is a sparsely populated frontier part of the world in a not-19th century America with some dieselpunk elements included designed around children having pulpy adventures.

So basically, like others have said, Miyazaki West.

>West Marches with a solid "3 days in a town" rule

>What would your assumption be about a setting like this just based on the picture?
It's shit.

>Miyazaki
>pulpy
Some of that man's work is incredibly dark, dude.

Pulpy can be dark. Lovecraft was pulp.

I love it.

It's from a JRPG for Sega Saturn called Far East of Eden: The Fourth Apocalypse.

Am I looking at Prussians with big guns quite literally steamrolling the post-Civil War American West? Because that's giving me an alt-history boner the size of than cannon.

I'm honestly not sure.

>What time period is your setting based on?
>Yes

>as long as you start away from the white women
Ftfy

Pretty much.

Don't reply to trolls, dummy.

Now now, racism did exist

but yeah on the frontier generally people gave more of a fuck about what worked

And many of the western territories did not want to become slave states (including, famously, Texas) because surprise surprise, a lot of the people who went out west early on were people who would have been slaves or 2nd class citizens back east

This, and it's foundations as a boom town for drugs whores and gambling, is probably why California has been so historically liberal and why Texas is so multicultural despite how conservative it is

>bobber
>pre-compressed girder front
>no transmission
>no brakes
>alternator is in the wrong place and has distributor wires going nowhere
>no battery or airbox
>either individuale throttle bodies or no throttle at all
>no wheelspokes
>longitudinal engine, but not shaft drive
>inline4
Like the (somehow indian) plate suggests it's trash

Friendly reminder there was actually a secret plot to rescue Napoleon from his island via submarine and spirit him away to the North American frontier where he could set up a government in exile. There were huge writing campaigns in England and a tremendous outpouring of public support to release him.

you want fucking alt history? Wierd West is a genre for a reason. Pre - Post civil war america was fucking bonkers.

Look m8 most folks don't know what those words mean and if it takes someone who actually knows how a bike runs to look at it and say "nah it's shit" it's already leagues ahead of most cogfop bullcrap that a drunk down syndrome baby can look at and say "googoo?" which in drunk baby means "the fuck is this why is it covered in gears" a lot of the meaning is conveyed in gestures is what i'm saying that's why nobody speaks baby anymore

This is how you cogfop
That has fucking floating wheels

just a stupid design where the wheels are held/moved by the frame you see along the inner curve of the wheel

that or the artist just forgot the spokes, but judging by the rear brakes and how they're set up i'm guessing no, the wheel is actually supposed to be turned by that inner frame which is hilarious and not connected to anything

I doubt any of you give a shit about motorcycles, but let me enlighten you in the ways of rice

pretty sure that's held by an internal clear plastic disk though

Yup
Plexyglass
An American custom shop does actual hubless wheels like that other user suggested

Like others have said, this seems like a "Miyazaki's Wild West" sort of setting:

>Alternate early 20th century in which the West remained a little bit more wild than it was in our history.

>A mixture of old-fashioned cowboy grit and new-fangled city-slicker tech to give the characters some fun toys.

>A campaign to find the lost city of Eldorado enriched by quests of self-discovery and doing what's right.

I'd totally play this game.

why do you pigeonhole them into D&D classes
that's retarded

Light steampunk old west set in the 1920s.

Would this be a "Weird West" sort of setting, or a more straight Wild Western one with light alt-history and steampunk elements? Oftentimes Miyazaki's films included at least a little mysticism of the "may be magic, may be mundane" variety.