That Guy stories. I'll start with a recent one

That Guy stories. I'll start with a recent one.

>start game with a homebrew setting
>It's session zero, we're working on building characters
>player asks if half-breeds exist
>sure but they just mostly take after one of the parents
>But GM aren't they oppressed a bunch for being caught between two races?
>Don't want to have a social justice game because the group is split right down the middle in terms of politics
>no user, most people don't care
>but some do, right? I want to play a half-breed from those societies
>why
>because it gives my character RP depth
>fine whatever
>next session, we're starting in a normal, non-oppressive city
>that player is constantly asking npcs if they're judging her for being a half-breed
>NPCs are just treating her normally
>she complains OOC that I'm not improv-ing right because I'm 'no-blocking' her
>If I wanted to run a good game, I should be letting her engage in the tangent she's trying to start

Just fuck me sideways. The worst part is that she's dating the player whose house we host out, so it'd be a pain to get rid of her.

Just have militant racists march in and murder her.

>No-blocking

What fresh cancer is this

i googled this and came up with nothing

OP, explain yourself

He's not providing her with Anti-SJW threats against her character. No-blocking is the SJW term for passive agressive behaviors that don't allow them to yell at you for not being politically correct.

its what they call 'being a decent and good person'.
Because you are not oppressing them, you are oppressing them, basically.

Apparently, it's a thing in improv theatre.

When some what puts out an idea, like "You're a doctor! Treat her wounds!" You should accept that, and then proceed as if it were fact. You might say, "Yes, and I just got my medical license. We need to amputate her arm."

But I was saying no instead, which blocks the flow. When she put out her idea of "Are you oppressing me, instead of responding properly and say, "Yes, and I think all half-elves should die in a fire," I no-blocked her by having npcs go "no. What are you talking about?"

Sounds like she's no-blocking you, dude. You're saying "Your character isn't discriminated against" and she's like "No, they are oppressing me."

Isn't that just called "No-selling"?

better yet
>you hate me because im a half breed!
>no i hate you because youre an uppity out of town tax mooching "adventurer" aka crown paid mercenary whos wasting my valuable time interrogating me about what i think of you, now piss off i have cows to milk.

Compromise and give her an NPC thats an asshole to her for being half breed

Then have them be a completly reasonable and bro-tier individual otherwise who serves their community and goes to non-denominational agnostic church to give gluten free canned food to the poor

okay so here's what happened

she demanded to be from a society that discriminates against half breeds

the PCs start their adventure in a society that does not discriminate against half breeds

her demanding that her character be discriminated against for being a half breed is no-blocking YOU

basically

Isn't that a wrestling term?

Is it? I don't know, she has more acting cred than me is because her high school had some bigshot theatre program.

OP is from /pol/ an crafted that story so he could complain about his SJW boogeyman.

Wrestling and improv theatre are basically the same thing

This.

How is that going to help?

No-sell is from "wrestling," where the dude does this huge dramatic hit and the guys taking it doesn't even react in the slightest, usually followed by a dramatic pause.

If she just HAS to be oppressed, make it clear that the city the party is in now is really tolerant, but some cities and towns later in the campaign might be more racist, depending on how things go. Hopefully her knowing that racists are out there will be enough to shut her up for a bit.

She gets to be "opressed" and look like a tool for acting like a douche to an otherwise good person. Bonus points if the NPC is actually A-Okay with both races otherwise, just thinks half-breeds cause trouble because they think they're being oppressed and won't fit into society.

This.
/thread, stop eating the bait, people.
>inb4 samefag, I'll be poster #16 when this post comes in

>Roll20 game, text only
>Satyr keeps talking mad shit at my Drow
>Roleplays like an autist, acts like an autist ooc too
>Just does random shit like tell the others in front of me that "We should just kill her" when I've done nothing but be nice and helpful, waking up 4 hours before the party does to prepare a delicious breakfast while holding the last watch etc
>Does random shit like "/me pokes the drow in the butt with an arrow"
>Sick of this shit, she's rude af to me ooc too
>Randomly while we're planning an ambush she says she pokes my drow's tit with an arrow
>Type 2 paragraphs describing her poked breasts on a whim instead of just ignoring her random shit like normal
>Like flicking a switch the satyr and player loves me, talks about how great and smart and clever I am, asks how my day was when I log on, never disagrees with my drow IC

????????????????????????????

I don't know if it's worse that we have to see this thread every week or that it never really changes.

The player wanted to be called out for being a half-breed to she could (supposedly) flesh out her character as being mistreated, because some players do that. The GM doesn't want to change his entire world just to shit on one character, so the compromise is to make an NPC who's alone in doing so.

The "is a good guy in every other respect" part could be for a number of reasons, but I'd logic it's to make sure the oppressed character in question can't point a finger at the only racist guy in the city and go "Look! He's oppressing me! Everyone frown at him!"
It makes it a more persistent problem that the character would have to deal with if they're the only one who has a problem with the NPC.

For clarity it was 2 paragraphs of flowery erp-style bullshit talking about her pillowy tit-flesh and whatever

She wants to ERP with you, buddy.
That or her attempts to annoy your character really were her just trying to RP, and you ignoring them upset her, so when you finally played along, she thought you were now buddies.

>pillowy tit-flesh
Yeah she wants to ERP with you.

Your character description upgraded from "drow" to "hot drow" in his head. Simple as that.

Sounds like the origin story for the new Ironman chick.

>more acting cred
>high school
>>Does not compute

Tell her to fuck off, RPing isn't improv theater.

Man I didn't want to deal with all this shit

How does she looks like? You could bone her.
She's probably annoying and eccentric but not really crazy or that bad kind of crazy going yandere.
Hygiene could be lacking but she could also be cuter than what you could normaly score.

It's too late, you're practically married at this point.

This.

Alternatively, make npcs hate her for always bringing up race when it's not relevant.

>Being politically correct is politically incorrect.

You'd have to be so mentally unstable or Canadian to even think this way, it sounds like she's going to continue to be a problem player through most of the game OP.

I don't even know how the satyr acts, she doesn't actually roleplay. She just makes random comments every now and then, then goes afk until combat happens. I thought she was a Euro like the GM and cleric because of her terrible english, until someone mentioned she's from America.

Herefollows all information we've discovered about her
>Is afraid of wasting arrows but only has a bow, so often passes combat turns doing nothing but moving
>Isn't interested in any non-bow weapons
>Isn't interested in buying more arrows
>Will steal cheese when we have thousands of gp
>Likes to not share what she got off history and nature rolls for no apparent reason

to be quite frank, you're a Drow. You may as well complain about people treating Nazi's like they're always a bad guy. Which they will. Because they're a fucking Nazi.

You're a spider nazi is what i'm saying.

>OP is from /pol/ an crafted that story so he could complain about his SJW boogeyman.
Well duh.

But now that we don't have quest threads on Veeky Forums, these /pol/shit bait threads are the only entertainment on the board.

don't be mean to drow

I think she's got a vidya mindset. Doesn't want to waste any resources in case they need something big, but winds up never spending anything. The history and nature roll checks could be her idea of getting an edge up in case things go sour, or so she can reveal something and seem super cool.

Make your drow give her cheeses.

Honestly she just sounds bored and a bit dumb.

Honestly, is just add some clan members/purity cult/humanocentric thugs/whatever to the setting to give her a hook.

You can use it whenever the party gets distracted/too far off the rails.

>Browsing catalog
>See that guy thread
>See a second newer that guy thread
>Wonder if that guy knows about catalog
Look before starting a thread OP.

That Guy threads in general need to go and stay go

89.6% of the time the stories are 100% false and the remainder can be fixed by being a fucking adult and talking to the person

OR

just leaving the game

>that player is constantly asking npcs if they're judging her for being a half-breed
This is when having some idea of historical periods helps, see I would love to have seen her face when the response is "They ARE judging you but that's only because you are a STRANGER to them, they have no idea who you are and where you came from so for all they know you are a thieving, murdering serial rapist on the run from the king's law so until they have reason to think otherwise, they are going to suspect you of being just that, the mere fact that you happen to be part [insert fantasy race here] literally could not make your standing with them any worse. In fact your character's constant badgering about it is doing more harm to your reputation because they think you are trying to pick a fight with them. How do you like them apples?"

>every complaint, question, and comment on Veeky Forums can be answered by leaving the game in question
>thus, threads don't need to exist
Solid logic, user.

No need to thank me

This reminds me of an abortive campaign I ran which started with the PCs in a drugged stupor as part of a chain gang in the Everdark (basically, the Underdark). The drugs they were being fed -- I don't remember, but I think they might have been mushrooms -- were off and thus they began to come to their senses. They overpowered their guards and fled along with a drow NPC. Now, this was a heavily house-ruled game, and the races were significantly different and more fantastical than in D&D RAW (dwarves turn to stone in sunlight, elves can become invisible to any who aren't already looking at them if they remain motionless, etc.).

This included the drow, who were still ruthless and certainly not to be offhandedly trusted, but they weren't the embodiment of all evil that they tend to be in D&D. But one of the players refused to accept this to the point where he ended up attacking the drow because *somebody else* suggested that she heal him. Well, he pulled a crossbow on her, she drew a knife to defend herself, and he shot her in the face.

The problem with this was that the drow was the only one who knew the area, and without her, they were completely lost in hostile territory. Well, that and the fact that his treatment of and attack on the drow was so unwarranted that he ended up being driven out of the party. And really, even there, he could've dropped his weapon and parleyed with people, but he refused to compromise on account of his "righteous" indignation and ultimately ended up having to make up a new character when he went off on his own, taking a path that lead to certain death, despite warning signs along the way that any reasonable person would've heeded. I mean, he was pretty screwed trying to survive on his own anyway, but still...

In any case, he ultimately made a new character who was searching for the party members, and then promptly left the party with that character too. Some people you just can't reach.

Then we won't.

>Not lusting after Gerald Ford.

Da fuq?

I find it hard to imagine someone so fundamentally good would pick on an individual for factors out of their control. But they could definitely vocally advocate against race mixing.

You engaged. If she roleplays and talks that autistically, she's probably mostly used to dismissal and irritation. The fact that you put that much time and energy into responding to one of her actions by engaging with it, rather than telling her to fuck off, makes her think that she can bond with you.

It could work better if it was an Orc who was pretty well reformed and generally a standup guy, but disliked half-breeds because all of the half-orcs he'd ever met wanted pity points and were perpetuating Orc rape stereotypes.

I could see a preachy half-breed getting on his nerves and disliking them for always trying to start arguments between two cultures, rather than being a bridge between them.

This: She definitely wants to ERP, just keep responding to her advances if you want to get in on that sort of thing.

Half-Dragon that laments not being a real dragon, and argues against half breeds, as you lose the uniqueness that makes things special.

You know in your heart that you aren't really a white supremacist

Listen to it.

I think I'd go for a seeing hating half elf, who pretends to be a full elf.
>Do it! Kill me!
>Once less disgusting half-breed I'm the world.

Naw white people are pretty great.

That'd be good too, if they were a self-hating half-breed.

Rail against the half-elf for the fact that she'll have to bury one parent before the other buries her, and all of the other flaws that result. That if she had been born a full elf she could live for a thousand years to do whatever she pleased, and if she had been a full human she would have been blissfully unaware of the weight of such long lifespans, and would have surely lived a short, but glorious, existence.

Full Uncle Rukus mode.
Bonus points if you can bat the rest if the party to get there reference without letting her in on it.
>I'm not half drow
>I've got reverse vitiligo

I'm tempted to take this literally for my next campaign.

> play parthfinder game but we are all evil undead
> Play as Dhampir for fun and for character dev
> other player plays samurai servant of vampire opposing house
> expected to be miss treated but ultimately accept for my skills
> session 2 comes around and Samurai decides that he MUST spill blood due to drawing sword
> spends 3 hours of game time searching for ME despite the fact that there where rebels everywhere to kill
>challenges my Summoner to single combat and kills him cause I'm lvl 2 and hes lvl 3
> Everyone looks at him and he acts like he did nothing wrong

Just make NPCs get aggressive about being accused of racism. "My wife is half- you dumb cunt! Now if you keep pestering me, I'll have to teach you a lesson!"

I doubt this is true but you've got the benefit of the doubt.

In which case. Monty Python Jokes is the only answer.

'help I'm being oppressed '

'the violence inherent in the system'

'its only a model. '

Etc

>Playing DnD 3e
>GM started the game as a fun game but we got progressively invested in it and now we play it semi-seriously
>We go into a dungeon that leads to an alternate plane with a castle
>Go in there and the world literally turns upside down
>We fumble around rooms and open a door into a special room
>We find ourselves
>Like exact copies of our characters
>Initiatives rolled but the GM introduces a twist
>He takes control of our characters and we control the copies
>If the real character gets hurt, we substract the HP from our sheets
>That guy doesn't understand this
>Thinks the copies mimic the real ones so he tries to suicide
>We explain it as clearly as we can, even the GM explains the mechanic
>He doesn't understand and refuses to even attempt to understand it
>Claims this is GM bullshit
>Tries to suicide for a few rounds but the GM declines it
>He concedes the character and burns the sheet
>We didn't even finish the fight, the GM said that we won, etc
>Party mood is ruined
>Have blueballs from the unfinished game

I was so fucking pissed and the GM felt disheartened too.

The main problem with them is when you get the inevitable faggot that thinks they're being the devil's advocate, then proceeds to do the most absurd mental gymnastics to paint the poster as literally Hitler and everyone else as a good boy who dindu nuffin'.

>uses a term like cultural marxism which has actual traceable roots to nazism
>doesn't want to be called a nazi

as opposed to what? you? an individual who advocates openly violence for those who disagree with you?

No thanks buddy i'll sit over here with the adults who have actual conversations about their differences.

You could also argue that it has roots in the Frankfurt school. It's a stupid term sure, but it gets the idea across. Fighting the Marxist fight through culture instead of through economics, which is in many ways what leftist intellectuals do.

Not him, but freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.
Actually, I have a counter-example of what probably doesn't merit getting dinged over the head courtesy of a now-banned SJW tranny cunt that once was part of my game club.
Openly advocating racial violence is pretty damn punchworthy. Saying "aren't trannies a bit weird?" is not, but Alison Aggro thought it was.

inb4 some moron accuses me of cognitive dissonance, I don't advocate violence in any form but I'm not exactly going to condemn it happening to people who're one step removed from nazis

This

If you don't give a fuck about D&D, MtG, or WH40K, /pol/shit is basically the only thing on the board that's OC enough to provide entertainment.

Insinuating that it is okay to enact physical violence upon any individual regardless of their background for the mere transgression of speech is deplorable and should be shamed whenever seen.

It would help your argument if there was any actual calls to violence against minority groups coming from the individuals getting roughed up in these instances but there isn't. Even richard spencer was not advocating for violence.

Bikelock man was attacking literally indiscriminately if you look at photos involving him he legit was just trying to clock as many people as he could with his lock.

If you're going to attempt to bring alt-knight in as an argument against my argument there is a very significant difference between defense and aggression.

>Richard Spencer
>"Instead of asking how we can make reparations for slavery, colonialism, and Apartheid or how we can equalize academic scores and incomes, we should instead be asking questions like, "Does human civilization actually need the Black race?" "Is Black genocide right?" and, if it is, "What would be the best and easiest way to dispose of them?" With starting points like this, wisdom is sure to flourish, enlightenment to dawn."
>not advocating violence
Yeah okay faggot

It works in Improv theatre, but obviously, in a tabletop RPG, there are established facts, things aren't as mutable as in improv. Besides, if she's throwing improv terms around, you ought to remind her that letting go of ideas is also fundamental. If her idea of wanting to be oppressed ain't working out the way she wants, she should LET FUCKING GO OF THE IDEA.

yea okay faggot

Should the irish eat their babies?

>I-I was only joking!

Just kill her character off and tell her the fantasy racists do exist after all. Both of you will get what you want.

Nice projection, must be nice being a fucking retard.

What is a modest proposal.
What is you're fucking stupid.
What is kys faggot.

Fuck off lefty, get a real education.

>That Guy
>her,she

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

You have dared to enter the magical realm, user.

Okay, and what would that accomplish aside from making the board even shittier than it already is?

The catalog didn't improve when we got rid of smut threads, the catalog didn't improve when we got rid of quest threads, it didn't improve when we got rid of OC threads...

THAT GUY threads are the only fucking thing left that Veeky Forums can really call their own. Without it, we'd just start spamming D&D bait threads and /pol/shit would become more prominent as a result.

So I mean, if you want Veeky Forums to become /pol/-lite like /v/ was /b/-lite then be my fucking guest, but don't say we didn't warn you.

No. Obviously.

What does that have got to do with anything?

Sounds like she wants to be discriminated against vicariously so she can better understand the significance of it in real life.
Or she just has a victim complex.
>'No-blocking'
So basically, "I think you're being an asshole but I can't prove it due to the ambiguity of speech?"
I dunno OP, I think her attitude will become a problem down the line.

please stop making us look like retards

just have the party run into ignorant racist hill folk at some point or some patronizingly racist aristocrats and make a big deal about how the city their in is known for its tolerance like they have a half breed founder this way you interact with parts of their backstory without making it a big thing.

>roll20
>"im not a furry" playing a gnoll barbarian
>always makes it a point to talk about how his character is "nude but not really because he has a hairy body" when engaging in conversation with NPCs or other players
>when asked to get in voice he's skiddish as fuck
>awkward breathing loudly into the mic
>always asking if he can hunt animals with his greataxe and 0 ranks in survival
>always getting pissy that the DM isn't giving him the spotlight
>always getting mad and saying that he's being singled out in combat
>had a literal two hour meltdown about being attacked by a mimic when he ran ahead of the group and tried to fling open a chest
>constantly bailing on fights when they're almost done because "we can finish them off"
>has taken loot several times before anyone in-character has gotten to discover it, and then doesn't say a fucking word about it to anyone else
>has asked for (and sadly the DM has given in twice now) "do overs" on stuff that didn't work out well for him
>bitches and says we're harassing/judging/fursecuting him whenever we ask him to calm it the fuck down and stop being such a retard
>is the DM's sibling so we can't give him the boot
Am I that guy for starting to put together my own game so we can bail on this game and plotting to poach off the players in this one, minus furfag (and probably DM to avoid drama) ?

Yes.

Bitch to the GM instead to kick him. Nothing stopping you from doing that.

I have. WE have. He's even tried talking to thatguy who's always saying "I'll change" but never does.

Call him out on shit?

Don't be aggressive about it, but if the GM isn't doing his job, then start calling out shit and tell the players to back you. Peer pressure is a hell of a drug.
Just don't be an ass about it. If he's running off to hunt shit, say to leave it to a roll or just inquire why he's wasting time on it. If he's breathing into the mic, call him on being a mouth breather. If he has a melt down, just have everyone say they're not here for this and this isn't fun, before you all leave.

Peer pressure is great at getting shit done if you use it correctly.

How is he supposed to do that when the story is completely fabricated?

What an interesting and thought provoking thread.

Yeah, we all miss having quest threads on this board.

The only thing I sell is MERCHANDISE!

>doesn't want to be called a nazi
I think the point of the pic is that autisticly painting everyone you don't like as a Nazi can backfire.

Go away mister Cena

>freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.
That's literally what it means. That you have a right to speak your mind without fear of violence, imprisonment, or retaliation meant to silence your voice.

That Guy is universal and nos know gender boundaries.