Claim to be the most loyal Primarch, putting his father's vision of Imperium before anything else

>claim to be the most loyal Primarch, putting his father's vision of Imperium before anything else
>shit on Edict of Nikea and found Librariums as key parts of chapter structure in Codex Astartes

>claim it is necessary to adhere to the Codex, so that marines are ready for anything, well regulated and nothing like Horus Heresy will happen again since "no single man should ever wield the power of a whole legion of Space Marines alone"
>first thing he does is gather ALL the Ultramarines second founding chapters together, forming a Legion in everything but a name, and descends upon Night Lords on Tsagualsa.

Meet Lord Hypocrite, new master of the Imperium.

Alpharius will return and finish the job.

Only Alpharius can save us now.

Are you trying to say Chaos was right all along? Because that seems reaching.

I hope the Lion is the next loyalist Primarch. I can see the two squaring off both building and consolidating their own power.
The Dark Angels are also the only other legion that have a power base close to that of the Ultras.
Despite Khan being my favourite loyalist if he came back he'd take one look at the state of the Imperium then fuck off again.

The new fluff is stupid. So very, very stupid.

>Roboute Guilliman's new book on how to govern properly and stop being a corrupt shitshow of an Imperium.
>Lesson one: Completely ignore everything I said about decentralizing power the last time I wrote one of these.

>Opinions cannot change after seeing their implementation over 10,000 years

The Codex was a mistake, Rowboat even admits it, or at least he just ignores it when he thinks he needs to ignore it and if anybody complains he tells them to shove it up their ass.

But yes, we know that he wasn't the most loyal Primarch. That he goes out of his way to hide references to his Second Imperium (and admits it) is evidence enough of that, assuming the very existence of Dorn and the Lion doesn't prove he wasn't most loyal.

No I agree user it would be much better if he just left everything to keep going to shit.

>Same speed ahead Kiff!

Please save us Sanguinius!

The things I mentioned dod not happen after Gulliman's resurection. He did that right after the Heresy ended.

The emperors vision was a united, atheist humanity living in a galaxy without aliens.
Things have changed.

The edict was clearly not fit for purpose even during the heresy. The traitors utilised forces that had to be combated by psychology power. The emperor founding the grey knights proves his change of heart.

Guilliman said a soldier should use his initiative as well as the rules of the codex so that when a problem arose that wasn't covered they could improvise.

The imperium stands on the brink of annihilation. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm sure guilliman is aware of his hypocrisy but weighed against the future of mankind he will comprise his ideals.

>psychology power
Fucking autocorrect. Unless this is the origin of the Freud marines.

couldn't gw just let him rest in peace sweet prince?

If they need to do Primarchs than just add them to 30k and let every marinelet player throw money at a 30k army and make the poorfags REEEEEEE

Totally agree. Primarchs are what makes HH what it is, but they ruin 40k.

They should've brought back the Lion.

A paranoid and haughty but brilliant cunt who consorts with xenos and uses all kinds of forbidden tech is much more interesting than Emperor but weaker.

The Lion is much more like the Emperor than Guilliman.
Bobby G is too nice.

No no, you don't get the Codex Astartes.
It doesn't say: You shall not centralize power It says: YOU, YES YOU, MOTHERFUCKER, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS shall not centralize power. It says nothing about: Guilliman shall not centralize power.

>consorts with xenos and uses all kinds of forbidden tech
This is what Roboute does.

>>claim to be the most loyal Primarch, putting his father's vision of Imperium before anything else

Wrong. Guilliman is more loyal to the dream than the man. A united and prosperous galaxy of mankind is more important to him than the Emperor's autism.

>>first thing he does is gather ALL the Ultramarines second founding chapters together, forming a Legion in everything but a name

The Codex Astartes never forbids co-operation between chapters. It just removes the absolute authority of a strict command chain. Thus the Marines will work together to achieve a righteous goal, but not be fettered by duty to follow a corrupt leader en-mass.

>Meet Lord Hypocrite, new master of the Imperium.

Yeah, because rules should never change once their made. So says some neckbeard off the internet.

Also, my understanding of the librarius is that they maintane knowledge on fighting psychers, which the chapters would be hamstrung without. The edict of Nikea is probably referring to things like, i dunno, a whole planet of psychers.

Guilliman is Alpharius

Exactly, but it's OOC for him.

The Lion would have made more sense, plus they didn't need all those ass pulls

>It just removes the absolute authority of a strict command chain.
Except primarch

DIvision into chapters was meant so that no one man can lead a Legion. Gulliman divided his legion into chapters bearing different names, then took them all under his supreme command and lead them against the Night Lords. I don't see a difference between that and actually leading a Legion.

Nikean Edict meant that the Legiones Astartes, beyond the use of Navigators and Astropaths, would no longer employ psykers.

Saying that it no longer applied after the Heresy because there ware no more Legiones Astartes only mount Gulliman's hypocrisy count.

Because it was for a single operation. Chapters regularly work together on engagements, doesn't mean they're breaking the codex.

And Nikea was abandoned because psykers are needed to fight daemons and chaos.

This is no different than the ban on chemical weapons getting lifted if we were attacked by aliens.

Nope, even Primarch.

>I don't see a difference between that and actually leading a Legion.

The Chapter's agreed to follow him for that mission. Each chapter remained autonomous and could do what they wished. Nothing forbids chapters cooperating, it just means that they won't cooperate if the leader is judged unsuitable.

>Nothing forbids chapters cooperating, it just means that they won't cooperate if the leader is judged unsuitable.

That makes Lugft Huron a rightful leader of the Badabian separatists, at least according to the Codex.

>Only has a single aquila in his armor

His faith and conviction was always lacking!.

Hivemind

Nope, he cannot lead anything but his own chapter. Other chapters did decide to back him, but he could lead them only so far as they allowed themselves to be lead, he had no official power over them.

The problem wasn't Huron working with the other chapters, it was him rebelling

He took supreme command over more than one chapter and then rebelled. Proving that, in general, what is written in the Codex about "never again one man shall..." and why is right. Yet Gulliman, the author of the book, did exactly that.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

See: the role of dictator in ancient Rome

True that. But wouldn't that be silly if Marius would say "we should NEVER have one man in charge of everything in Rome!" and then proceed to be the one man in charge of everything in Rome?

Can someone help a newfag out here and tell me where in the fluff guilliman goes off to fight the night lords on tsagualsa?

Night lords trilogy, by ADB.

Well, when he wrote the codex life was pretty comfy; no tyranids, tau or necrons, traitors rotting in the eye, corruption hadn't spread as much through the system.

Now is a different story.

Though I'm sure if one of his brothers returned there would be serious reckoning. I particularly like Abnett's take on Guilly, In that he's subconsciously power hungry and an empire builder at heart, even though he denies this. Thus, even if the current danger passed he'd cling onto his throne.

>But wouldn't that be silly if Marius would say "we should NEVER have one man in charge of everything in Rome!" and then proceed to be the one man in charge of everything in Rome?

No, not if the circumstances changed drastically.

>spotted the Lorgar cry baby

After the whole Cypher being the good guy? The lion is probably a traitor, m8

You dumb. For real.

Loyalty is its own reward, chaosfag.

>Your choice of weapon is illuminating, Xeno. An overlarge power sword? Hm. Tell me about your relationship with your mother.

I can read the words you're saying, but all I'm getting from them is "Matt Ward". They make sense separately, but when strung together they turn into that. I don't know what's happening.

Lion was a traitor

>AHHHH SAVE ME LEMAN

Like father, like son

>not shown: Russ getting BTFO by Horus at Yarant

What are the chances of Guilliman falling to Chaos, going full Justice Lords on the Imperium and kicking off a new heresy? Cause that sounds neat.

>descends upon Night Lords on Tsagualsa.
you need to stop reading edgy dembsy bowden trash books.
All he ever do is tread and suck on the magnificence that was Lord of the night.

>a united, atheist humanity living in
it was doomed to fail from the beggining. Fucking horus heresy books ruining shit.
40K is nothing without it's dogma.

>I need help in this fight. Better call for the guy who doesn't win fights.

You call for Russ when you want talk. You call for Lion when you want victory.

Wow youre retarded.

>Implying the Eldar didn't mind-wipe Rowbout when they help Cawl bring him back to life.

Considering the sheer number of Eldar "just as planned" types that were on site for the resurrection of Guiliman would you really be shocked if someone like Eldrad didn't do some psyker trickery as he's coming back to life?

Hell Guiliman doesn't even have the anti-psyker defenses necessary.

Lion got BTFO for 10000 years by a non Astartes

Ignoring the codex when it doesn't work or apply was how it was originally intended to be used anyway. He's using it how he always intended it to be used. Did you think Ultra McWhoTheFuckIsThisFaggot from Macragge Macaroni Gluers chapter, 10th Company knows how to use the codex better than its fucking creator?

And yet he still got the job done and won the fight. When can you ever say that about Russ?

He shares his name with the former master of the Imperium

Fulgrim will return and finish the job

ftfy

Fulgrim is too busy farting himself into ecstasy to do shit, per Dark Imperium

Prospero?

Fulgrim doesn't do jobs. He does art.

>backed by golden boys and pariah bitches
>still barely pulled it off
l m a o

if marius was magically teleported into 4th century AC Rome? Guilliman was Lord Commander of the Imperium and never lost his rank, he never forfeit his authority.

It seems to me that people like to misinterpret the codex. It doesn't drastically change the power balance in the imperium, the Adeptus Astartes combined are just as powerful as the Legions were, but the Codex basically gave every Chapter Master authority over his Chapter, even when Chapters are gathered under central command for a large scale operation, the Chapters themself are individually loyal to the Imperium first, and have no alleigeances in between. This way every chapter that goes traitor does so by it's own volition, and isn't goose stepped into it by a Primarch Figure.

Then how come the Last Wall operation was considered heresy?

No, not at all.

>"Russ, I want you to arrest Magnus. Take some of my best soldiers, these anti-Psyker girls, and your entire legion. That should be enough help to get the job done."
>"Kill Magnus in a one-on-one fight got it boss AWOOOOOOOOO~"
>Barely survives the fight. Would have been killed outright if his girlfriend hadn't gave her life to stop a killing blow. His girlfriend is a wolf.
>Magnus escapes, falls to Chaos, and shatters into different physical beings

End result: Russ failed so badly at killing someone that more versions of that person were created by the attempt. And that's his greatest "victory".

*By the high lords.

Not by Guilliman

>AWOOOO
>gf is a wolf
literally /fur/

By far the best among them.

imagine being the emperor
>Ah, my noble son Russ, did you bring back Magnus to me so we can sort this mess out?
>bombed the planet
>would've bombed Magnus to death as well if it wasn't for the kine shield
>got a 3rd of his legion slaughtered
>got rekt
>got his wolves rekt
>Magnus escaped and is now most likely with Horus
>on the way back somehow got ambushed by Alpha Legion

Russ will return as a Slanneshi Daemon. Screencap this.

did you even read dark imperium ?
he states that a) he felt it was wrong for spehs mehreens to rule the imperium of man
b) he forgot that mankind is just as divisive and power hungry as the primarchs where
he actually states he fucked up with his old views and realized he's made a mistake
people are allowed to realize their mistakes, it's called character development

>arrest this one person and bring him here for trial
>starts by orbital bombarding the whole planet
he's a genuine retard, russ apologists are the worst loyalists players, that's coming from a loyalist

He was intended to be the Emperor's statesman. We have no idea what role the Emperor was planning to take after the Webway project was completed and the next evolution of humanity arrived.

>We'll hate him because he can take it

Robooty Girlyman confirmed for Batman

>shit on Edict of Nikea and found Librariums as key parts of chapter structure in Codex Astartes
Someone had to. After Codex Grey Knights 5e forced Nikaea into a retardfest, one of the Primarchs had to unfuck it so that GW didn't have to discontinue an entire class of spehs mehreen model.

>And Nikea was abandoned because psykers are needed to fight daemons and chaos.
GEE, IT'S ALMOST AS IF MAGNUS WAS RIGHT

>people take painkillers when they're in pain
>THEREFORE IT'S OKAY TO TAKE THEM ALL DAY EVERYDAY
t. you

M8... He throughly wrecked the 1k Sons, this is not even debatable. I mean he beat Magnus so hard his sould broke into dozens of shards

And he lost a 3rd of his legions, and that's with surprise on his side and the custodes and the SoS.

Magnus was a retard but Russ was as well

So wrong my samefagging friend he tried speaking to Magus through a man who everyone including Valdor, Amon, Typhon, Fulgrim and Askellom believed to be a hidden one. He pleaded with Magnus to surrender peacefully and got no answer so he attacked.

Also the Emperor clearly wanted Magnus dead, if he wanted him apprehended he would have sent someone other than his appointed executioner.

Simply not true. Every source describes Space Wolves losses as moderate, meanwhile 9/10ths of Magnus' legion were killed. A massive victory for Russ amyway you look at it.

>massive victory
>drives a loyal son into the hands of the enemy and wastes the Emperor's valuable manpower when he could've just life eater'd them

Yifffags are as bad as Magnusfags

>>claim to be the most loyal Primarch, putting his father's vision of Imperium before anything else
Inaccurate. What Guilliman is loyal to is is father's end vision of a golden age for humanity, free from the terrors of daemon and xenos. He's just more flexible than his old man was about how to get there, able to recognize mistakes whether his father's or his own and willing to try correcting them. If he was as autistic as the Emperor he'd be fedora-tipping the Ecclesiarchy like daddy did Lorgar, but Guilliman's figured out that policy was retarded.

Ya'll jealous that he's tapping this sweeeeet ass while ruling the imperium and having new toys from his homie cawl, meanwhile armless the harmless throws a bitch fit and is only saved by the soon to be fired "lore" writers along the vagina faced commies and the other third rate factions.
The second coming of the imperium can`t happen fast enough!

Thats dumb logic and some seriojsly massive reaching. Thats like saying Ferrus could have just life eatered Isstvan or Horus could have done to Terra.

Well yeah, they could've.

They're retards.

What else is new?

>I can see the two squaring off both building and consolidating their own power.

I need it in my life. Lion and Russ when he comes back putting aside their differences to get things done would be amazing.

So....is Bobby G loyal to the Emperor or the Imperium?

I think he's loyal to the idea of the Emperor, but loyal to the Imperium the Emperor was trying to make first.

He and the Emperor both seem like "at any cost" sort of dudes and I think, at least to Rowboat in the way he's been written, he's trying to be faithful to the Emperor's ultimate goal.

Neutral observer to your dumb argument, but yeah what a great story it would have been if instead of a galaxy shattering rebellion ended in 10 minutes with a virus bombing. Delete your Veeky Forums account and never post here again.

>durr do u kno it is a feekshunal universe?!?!?!

Yeah no shit retard, next thing you'll be telling me that there ain't no warp or space elves either.

>the very existence of Dorn
He was a much more interesting character when he was just a centurion...

Then what the fuck point were you trying to make jackass?

That GW were retarded for giving the factions such powerful weapons?

If Harry Potter knew a spell which would fuck up Voldy in an instant and didn't use it that's a glaring plothole

>Lion
>loyal

Pick one. Even Malcador had his doubts about the Lion and lets not forget Marines take after their Primarch and the Dark Angels had some very oppurtuneistic Marines

Holy shit this thread is golden. It's like two retards in a playground slapfight

So, now that Guilliman is the head honcho of the Imperium, is life better in the Imperium of Man nowadays?

How about spreading some of that Ultramar utopia to the rest of the Imperium, hmm?