Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1595: Dinosaurs are Cool Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

farmerbob1.wordpress.com/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50203511/#50210095
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You'll never be as cool as a triceratop humping a robot tho

>Implying I havent been a triceratops humping a gynoid robot while wearing shades

The symbiote jump, is based on what exactly?

The Symbiote web novel.

farmerbob1.wordpress.com/

No arguments here. What dinosaur jumps do we have?
Jurassic Park
Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs
German Hollow Quest
Carnivores

The web novel of the same name.

Going through the "Kamen Rider Heisei Part Final_ Decade Jump" Gauntlet, does "Kamen Rider Strongest" just let you switch between the various suits/gadgets with the Decadriver, or does it merge them together?

I want my character to experience life as every available alien from mass effect.
Where can I get a power/spell that will let me do that?
Needs to work both during the jump and later in the chain.

What three species would you choose for the Special DNA perk in Jurassic Park? They can any dinosaur-like species you've met.

animorphs

What is the most noticable trait when people first saw you jumpers?

I dunno, I have a lot of freckles.

A spirit of a long dead war general constantly challenging people to duel

>Like all Tyranid biomorphs, the Bio-Titan seems to be able to mutate its genome rapidly, evolving new organic weapons and defences.

What's this about? It's on the wiki so it may be untrue, or just fluff, but is this something nids can do over the course of an invasion or is it just talking about how nids can spawn different types and swap out their organic gear?

Pic related is how big the Hierophant Bio-Titans supposedly are, about 15m tall, and the wiki says the flying version, the Harridan is supposedly 30m long, and the Dominatrix not that kind is apparently the biggest bio-titan so may be larger than either - considering Norn Queens use them as tanks and mobile command centers that's about right.

Regardless, is this about the sort of size increase that the Bio Titan perk gives? Making a human grow to 15m+ and other things even bigger still?

Zerg-Deathclaw-Dragons.

Dinotopia.

How do you see nature, Jumpers? A greater order to revere? A cruel, uncaring force to be afraid of? An imperfect chaos needing to be tamed? Or just a tool?

The All-Father of the Omniverse

I've created a lot of cuckolds and single mother households

A bit of both I think.
Tyranids alter their bodies ever so slightly so as to be more suited to the environment.
Like, if they are attacking an ice world, they will be change and create units that retain their heat better. This fact is what makes building anti-Tyranid virus weapons such a bitch to build. Forcing armies to either hunt down things like spawning pools or first-gen planet invader Tyranids if they want to build a virus that can affect the Hive Fleet.
That line itself is probably there to infer that the Bio-Titan is not stuck with whatever it first gets, as I think Nids can change out their weaponry because, while they do fuse to them, they are actually separate organisms (at least in the lore I read).

That makes sense, and explains part of why they are so terrifying. From a biological perspective they always have home turf advantage.

Tough one.
Raptors for the speed, toe claw and brains.
Godzilla.
And maybe something crazy from Monster Hunter, Digimon or Pokemon.

Walking down the street, probably my eyes. I put a lot of upgrades into my eyes.

I view each world's 'nature' separately. Some places, it just is. Other places, it's your worst enemy. Most places, it's an ally and a resource, but not one that I like to call upon.

Yeah, they're also a bit like orks is that once they land they are a bitch and a half to git rid of completely.
Even if you managed to get rid of the Hive Fleet, it could take years to remove all Tyranid life from the planet.

Can Tyranids create diseases and infect the locals through Genestealers, spores, whatever? Seems like that would be more effective than just trying to drown the enemy with bugs.

Nyds do it over the course of an invasion.
In some of the fluff books Lictors can evolve in a single generation and somehow communicate genetic information back to the hive fleet so it can start the adaption process before the swarm is even in position to start landing.

I don't remember what book it is but the chain of events is something like this.

>Lictor arrives on planet and realises after it's first kill the cold is a problem.
>It absorbs the genetic information from local fauna perfectly adapted to the cold.
>It goes into a cocoon and adapts to the cold while transmitting the information back to the hive fleet.
>The hive fleet starts manufacturing cold resistant nyds, but sends the dregs of it's last invasion down so be slaughtered/killed by the cold while probing the planets defenses.
>Less than a day after the dregs are sent down adapted Lictor starts hunting high profile targets and the fully adapted cold resistant partially camouflaged invasion force arrives.

The adaption process took weeks but that happened in transit to the planet.

They do, but the Imperium's Space Marines, and the fighting forces of most star-faring races like the Eldar and Tau, are perfectly capable of keeping hungry hive fleet ships away from the planet from sealed bunkers, orbital defense platforms, and from inside sealed armor suits.
Even the Imperial Guard can be equipped with filter masks en masse that will hold out for a while.

So the bugs have to go in to take out the defenses and stop any resistance that might try to sabotage the hungry hive ships as they feed.

Right now the only infection thing I know the Tyranids have is with the Genestealers which use their Tongue Ovipositor (Yes, really) to implant a parasites into people. *Cough*Facehugers*Cough*

Someone should invent a time machine and bring domesticated dinosaurs into the 41st millennium.

Don't Exodite Eldars already have those?

Are there perks that let you pull off speaking in an incredibly dramatic fashion?

Those are alien dinosaurs, humies need home-grown Terran dinosaurs.

> A greater order to revere?
That one, I guess. I mean, I'm not going to tell you that nature is nurturing and kind. Nature made bears, and bears are godless killing machines. But it's an ecosystem that can provide you food and resources and operates more or less independently. Also, it's pretty.

Actually, my favorite architectural/science aesthetic is solarpunk, which generally attempts to emulate the feel of or work in harmony with nature.
... but when I think of science, I generally immediately think of Atompunk, like, Fallout-style mechanics and things, so I think it's a sortof ideal that I as a jumper want, but am not too great at realizing.
At best I end up creating harsh looking factories that just so happen to be surrounded by trees, like some weird juxtaposition between nature and machine.

I've got like twenty cute perks, so probably how much they want to pat my head.

"Dramatic Ham" from the original Sonic jump.

>They wield potent psychic powers but are unaffected by the daemons of the Warp, a condition that would indicate a lack of a soul at the individual level for most Tyranids

From the wiki. Looks like Soul Devourer probably won't work on Tyranids.

Just go for Orks.

Atrociously loud fashion sense. I mean-purple with red hair? I wouldn't be surprised if even all the charisma perks couldn't cover up the instinctive urge to call the fashion police on me.

I'm pretty sure I went drop-in, but if I had: Deviljho-Yoshi-Archdragon

I'm mainly curious how the Yoshi DNA would express itself.

A bit of all, really.

It depends from world to world, but as a professional necromancer there's one thing I'm damn sure about nature: The part where things die is just as, if not more, important than the part where things get born. It can be pretty. It can be useful, and awe inspiring. But above all else, nature paradoxically strives by settling into fixed patterns-and then breaking them apart.

Like a spiral, never in the same point twice but always going forwards.

I suppose that's why my instinctive reaction has always been to direct it somehow. Try to turn trees into cyborgs or raise up dead ones as the more well preserved kind of zombie-hivemind, see how well lions take up ninjutsu or piracy. It's why I invested heavily in nanotechnology-because to be fair, there's a massive amount of energy going round the average rainforest. And it frustrates me that most of it seems to go into mating, or eating, only trying for something better when given literally no other choice.

But, on the other hand-curare's a great medicine as well as a poison. So these days, I just swallow my kneejerk reaction and try to look at it as a sort of brute force experiment.

Actually, I'm always a little surprised in worlds where nature DOES turn out to be fundamentally benevolent because there's a friendly hippy goddess of playing nice, pulling the strings. It's just so...jarring. Like finding out some watchmaker MEANT for his watch to be a little broken.

Do Orks have souls in 40K? Aren't they fungus?

In the same way humans are meat, yes.

Don't they need souls to be a psychic race?

That's pretty small.

>the Dominatrix

What were they thinking when naming that one? Seriously, was that an in-joke or something they hoped the kiddos wouldn't look up?

Warhammer 40K has always had raping demons and raping space elves that acted and dressed like dominatrixes, what's your point?

Well, when you put it like that. It still seems strange they'd name a giant bug not related in any way to those after one, though.

It's literally just a feminizing suffix on a verb to make a feminine agent noun.
Ruler+Female=Dominatrix

> It still seems strange they'd name a giant bug not related in any way to those after one, though.

How do you know it isn't related? What if some Norn Queens got together, had a kinky party, and created the Dominatrix?

The Dominatrix is the biggest Tyranid ground unit controlled by a mindless drone that effectively functions as a direct conduit for the mind of a Hive Queen, just in case she feels like she needs to direct the battle herself. It effectively gives perfect directions and coordination to all the surrounding tyranids without needing to relay them through a synapse creature that may or may not perform them perfectly. So in that sense, the name works in two ways. One, the Dominatrix helps a Hive Queen DOMINATE the Tyranid ground troops on the planet, and two, the Dominatrix is a vessel for the ruler of the Tyranids.

But yes it's also a sex joke. 40k is full of references and jokes that fly over people's heads.

Gor Saga Jump when?

World Seed - druids can do that and more. They can take the form of pretty much anything alive after studying it for a while.
And unlike Animorphs it doesn't have a time limit, though Animorphs shifting potentially comes with memories.

So in a fight between my zerg army vs a tyranid army which is more likely to come out on top?

Well first off you should probably define "army" a little better, because to the Nids the default military unit is "hive fleet".

Assuming roughly equal numbers, broadly speaking-the Zerg have better air support, a lot of their units adapt faster and much better combat engineering, while the Nids have much more raw psychic power, their individual units tend to be physically better and more durable (barring exceptions like the undying Ultralisk), and their firepower generally hits harder.

I'd say it really depends on the kind of battle you're planning to fight. The Zerg are more suited for hit and run, asymmetric warfare-maybe making use on a third party species as hosts and architecture.

Ark Survival Evolved.

Obsolete. It was an effective and necessary mechanism to create intelligence and life, but survival of the least inadequate is inefficient and unkind when applied to sapient beings.

Nature is just eugenics without oversight. Because there is no one to blame, people are more likely to become resigned to the problems which crop up, to turn a blind eye to the lives ruined due to genetic disorder or any other such natural failure, instead of taking steps to correct them. This is nothing short of tragedy.

Mythological nature tends to have the same problems and also be insufferably narcissistic at the same time, lacking even the excuse of being a mindless system. It makes for excellent eating, though.

The Tyranid army more likely, because they have a wider genetic base to create their guys from and generally have larger numbers/stronger guys.

The Zerg would still put up an admirable fight though, and if a Jumper is leading them then they probably could win anyway. Especially if you used genetic engineering to improve upon the nastier of the zerg units.

Do the Zerg Cannocially need minerals and vespene? Because Tyranids only need biomass.

> a lot of their units adapt faster
You sure that's not just the Feral Zerg? I got the impressions that the Hive Zerg needed to rely on beings like Abathur to add/create new strands for the Zerg.

>barring exceptions like the undying Ultralisk
The Tyranids have their own equivalent with units like Old One Eye, a Carnifex that can regenerate from mortal wounds.

I was thinking of things like Scourges eventually being spawned from Leviathans instead of larvae directly. Or for that matter, Hydralisks being able to turn into Lurkers for being better bio-snipers.

Whereas from what I'm told, the 'nids need a couple generations to get anything done. Presumably if user is leading an army of them, he has a system at least like what the Cerebrates have to coordinate the Zerg.

Realistically what would happen is they would become zerganids, that would likely be controlled by the tyranid hivemind.
Canonically Zerg can use biomass just fine, they just happen to harvest raw materials because biomass isn't quite so abundant as they would like. The nids themselves though leave planets rather depleted, they likely take more material from a planet than the zerg do.

As for zerg adaptation, they only need cerebrates, queens and abathur to control their evolution, they evolve and add new strains naturally. Anything they infest actually becomes a new strain of zerg, though they tend to take time to properly refine them, but even normal dogs got infested and became a real threat to some terrans.

Overlord(series) jump question here. Tireless, long game, and world champion all have discounts applied to them by the warrior background, yeah?

Yes.

Yes

One Eye is supposed to be a one-off, a unique Carnifex that its hive keeps regrowing because he's that its Norn can't replicate for some reason.

Thanks. Doing some cleaning of jumps to make sure I did them right, just got 100cp back.

They only need a couple gens (Which is a couple weeks at most) to adapt to the planet. The Hive Ships are already filled with and generating units units that they are send to the ground in giant spore-pods.

>Realistically what would happen is they would become zerganids, that would likely be controlled by the tyranid hivemind.

Depends on what the Hivemind has to fight. I could see the Overmind holding it's own, not so much for anything lower than him though.

>Hive Fleet meets up with some Zerg, even some Primal Zerg.
>The horrifying sound of a Norn Queen squeeing is heard echoing throughout the Warp.

I thought we were just talking about user's army of zerg. See, I told you guys we should've figured out exactly how many nids we were fighting before we picked a fight with the whole damn hivefleet

Why not fuse em?

So in the league of legends jump, how fucked am I if I choose the Shadow Isles drawback and take Kindred as a companion?

You can't just rush into into. You have to clash at each other first. Show some emotions and passion.
You can't just skip the foreplay and go straight to sex.

The nid hivemind is just too big for even the overmind to manage, and it would depend on their connection. A nid fleet can be cut off from the rest of the hivemind, if one was I can see the zerg overmind, or even a skilled queen managing to hold their own. But if there is a connection to the wider hivemind of the nids, then I don't see the zerg putting up a fight with anything less than Xel'naga Kerrigan and that's questionable.

To be fair, it seems like Hive Fleets generally don't share information between each other, which is part of the reason why they can have different bioforms/strategy from one another (The other being that they're all controlled by Norn Queen(s) who have their own personalities and decide all of this) so the hivemind being restricted to a per-fleet basis wouldn't be unreasonable.

>Xel'naga Kerrigan
That never happened!
Kerrigan was killed by the ghost of Praetor Fenix!

>doubting Metzan's waifu

She was last "seen" making life miraculously regrow on planets reduced to rubble, he'll just have her pull the power to neuter nid reproduction out of her ass, along with her Super Xel'Naga Rose form.

So how do they stack up against a mother fleet from hive queen quest jump?

Hard to say, hive queen uses both biomass and tech but they can flat out convert tech to biology in a stupid fast amount of time. Provided a hive queen is around they may even win, until the nids get their hands on a ships genetic structure.

The big thing is Zerg get absolutely rekt'd by anti-psychic anything in canon. The Tyranids own Shadow in the Warp, even aganist a Swarm controlled by a Jumper would wreck havoc. Then you'd have to worry about the greater Hivemind trying to turn the Swarm aganist you.

Norn Queens are far less competent than a Hive Queen, and their creations aren't as advanced/efficient/varied/'neat' design wise, but a Norn Queen and her fleet reproduces way faster and is far more destructive in nature. So I give it to the Tyranids by sheer virtue of overwhelming numbers.

The Hive Queen really needs time to prepare and birth herself a galactic-scale fleet, though. Sure if she gets herself some Imperium or Eldar tech and enough time she'll kick ass, but Tyranids have size, momentum, and reproductive speed on their side.

Worth noting that the actual size here is artistic.

>artistic size
I almost thought you were talking about the picture of the coloured tyranid. And was going to mock you fiercely. Almost.

Who knows, maybe someday a dying 40k will introduce stupid shit like that just for more sales/attention.

No, that Tyranid is to scale because that's a Jumper in Nid Form that has finally achieved ultimate HUGE!

Shit, that's a good point. Normally I'd point out it's different types of psychic energy and all, but from what I understand the Shadow is just pure nid hungriness jamming everything so I imagine the Zerg would be pretty messed up.

Listen, if you want a lifeform that can go toe to toe with the nids and come out on top? Get all the cloning tech you can and grow some Vajra from Macross, or use the tech in Knights of Sidonia to grow a swarm of Gauna or Chimerae.

The former can reverse engineer black hole-like weapons by sight, have better FTL, can resist mental inteference to some extent given they kamikazi'd against their own queen when she was hijacked and UNINTENTIONALLY created a bioweapon while trying to communicate with a non-hivemind. And if it has to be said-the airborne/spacefaring Vajra make the Nids' look like either a joke, or a slowpoke with a glass jaw.

Meanwhile the Gauna are a fair bit slower-but the average ones have tanked shots that can burst a Jupiter-like planet. Are basically space shoggoths that react fast enough standard procedure is to snipe them from miles away. Can sense things hurtling at them from the assend of the planet they're on, and can clump together to form a massive clump rivaling planetoids in size.

That gets into metaphysical interactions of each form of psychic power. The warp itself would fuck over the zerg really hard, because almost all of the hydralisks would suddenly find a god in Khorne. As far as Psychic power in Starcraft, it's actually a special kind of skill to use energy from another plane of existence, and not how psychic powers normally function. So theoretically the shadow in the warp would have no reason to have an effect on them, because it's just a lot of activity in the warp, to the exclusion of other forms of activity.

Should point out-slower than the Vajra. I'm not up to date on how fast nids are, but I'm pretty sure they had problems with FTL and the Gauna are fast enough to outpace the Sidonia's bullshit fast (like, Mach 50ish) mech-jets.

Sidonia has a jump?

Yep

Oh wait, hang on.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50203511/#50210095

Could you use the Fourth Magic to emulate the First by simply destroying the nonexistence of something?

No, the two are incompatible.

No, because True Magics are neither free lunches nor no limits fallacies even though they are very poorly explained (by Nasu) and defined.

Maybe, you might also try to emulate the Fourth Magic with the First by summoning an object's complete destruction.

Alright so which option in the Tyranid jump would make me a hivemind, or closest to one?

Pretty sure that the Scenario gives you the ability to transform into the Hivemind itself (at least for a particular fleet).

Norn Queen, then pick up any command & control/psychic boosters you can. Maybe the 600cp Genestealer perk to make you a Super-Duper Norn Queen aswell.

I know that the Jumpmaker has been gone for a while, but does anyone know if the Religious Heroes from Age of Ice Part 2 become Companions?

Then jump the Imperium jump, pick Space Marine, and become a Dorn Queen.

Do Tyranid psychic powers draw from the Warp or is it a self-centered field like with Orks?

Mostly just wondering if my Tyranid psychic powers will meld with my Psyker powers from other 40k jumps.

Questions about an item from Princess Bride.

Are written works, including fanfiction, able to be used in the Adaptanator?

Also, can the Adaptanator be used to obtain video game versions of non-video game forms of media?

Like say putting a cartoon DVD into the Adaptanator and getting a video game out of it?

As I remember, I think that was the idea yeah

Does anyone have a picture of the magic armor and mecha from Mushoku Tensei? I have no idea what they look like and Google gives me nothing.

>bears are godless killing machines.
You do know that bears mostly eat roots and berries, right?

But nature did make plenty of scary shit. I mean, it made sharks and those ARE godless killing machines. Even if they normally don't prey on humans.

It also made mosquitoes and that's enough reason for anyone to hate nature.