Post interesting ideas for the missing 2nd and 11th Space Marine legions...

Post interesting ideas for the missing 2nd and 11th Space Marine legions, and feel free to expand on other people's ideas

> Black and gold legionaries based on ancap philosophy
> Primarch raised by hive nobility
> Legionaries are self-sufficient, sharing is forbidden, survival of the fittest philosophy
> Informal/constantly shifting command structure
> Lots of bling and rare wargear/archeotech on officers
> Big on trading with merchants, rogue traders, guilds and rumoured to be trading with Xenos
> Reluctant to work with other legions or imperial forces without being compensated
> Only reluctantly joined Imperium, end up staging a non-chaos rebellion
> Wiped out by wolves, survivors fled to outside galaxy

Pic related for possible colour scheme

Other urls found in this thread:

menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/X.html
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/285838-the-lost-and-forgotten-building-the-ii-legion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're missing. Thats pretty interesting.

My go to explanation for what happen to the Primarchs' is that they were displaced temporally rather than spatially, one sent back to the Dark age of Tech and gave Big E the idea for the Primarchs in the first place. The other was sent forward to after the fall of Cadia, and several chapters with unknown Primarchs, and a few who are on paper Ultra descended, have found kinship with the child that they sense is their long displaced Primarch.

Here's an idea.

What if the primarch landed on a hostile world and was tortured to death, and when the emperor found him he was just a corpse?

This would lead to a legion who stayed completely Terran and had no primarch/planetary influence, with only the experiences of their Astartes to influence them.

I'd imagine the resulting legion would be grey (vanilla/original colour) with helmet stripes for identifying squad, rank and specialty. There'd be no bling or culturally influenced upgrade kits, just Astartes being Astartes.

I wouldn't even give them a name - their designation would just be The 11th Legion.

Without the sweet primarch DNA sauce they probably all died of attrition and were wiped from imperial history for morale purposes - Primarchs dying was unprecedented at that point.

>Black and gold legionaries based on ancap philosophy

Stopped reading there.

Or maybe intead of being dropped off on a planet Chaos just dropped him off in the void of space

I love that idea. Imagine if they never found their primarch and all died of attrition

Meanwhile in Trazyn's collection

Their primarchs are Sigmar and Archaon

>II - The Degenerators

Their Primarch was lost upon a world of biological marvels, where the ruling elite had genetically modified themselves to rule. He was adopted into a noble family for his superior genes, though was deeply curious about the source of his good genetics. Once the Emperor arrived to collect him and give him his Legion though, things were clear, though his interest in the topic did not die. With the arrival of their Primarch, two things quickly became clear. The first was that his geneseed had an unparalleled success rate. Nearly anyone given the treatment and implants would accept them, including abhumans, mutants, and even women. This came at a price though, as the more unsuited such a person was to be a candidate, they suffered from heavy damage as their flesh and body would become neurotic and wither away based upon how unlikely they were to be a proper recruit. Still, this did not deter their leader, who swelled their ranks with innumerable recruits from all walks of life, teaching the apothecaries of the chapter his advanced medical knowledge to cut out any defective flesh and transplant in new ones, using electrical stimulation processes to prevent rejection.

When the Legion eoon took the field, the results were horrific. A mass of stitched, hulking, mutated beasts, makeshift power packs constantly shooting then with painful electric arcs to keep their bodies functional. Due to their sheer numbers, they lacked enough power armor for all of their members, resulting in massive turnover rates. The Primarch only saw progress to be made though, continuing in his methods to try and cut out humans from the equation entirely. The Emperor, upon learning all of this and seeing what he had done to reject the human form and his vision so utterly, called upon the Space Wolves to purge the chapter. Piles upon piles of twisted flesh were burned to a crisp, amd the Primarch himself was hacked inro several pieces that went mysteriously missing.

>XI - The Xenos Indomitus

The Primarch of the eleventh Legion had been lost upon an alien world, though was rather fortunate to be taken in as one of their own. He learned a great deal of trade and politics, the world dealing with other alien races and humans within the sector. He seemed possessed of a silver tongue, and by the time he had grown he was already spearheading efforts to unite the handful of worlds under a single ruler.

When the Emperor arrived, he sent the Legion in to purge the populace of Xenos and reclaim the Primarch, though before long the man had convinced almost all of his genesons to join his side and defend this spurce of unity, declaring independence from the Imperium.

The rebellion was eventually crushed and all records eradicated, though tales speak of their impressive uses of communication networks to coordinate strikes, as well as their extensive use of Xenos tech.

Except Russ himself was tasked to destroy both of the missing legions as well as their primarchs.

wrong.
Russ only destroyed one.

2nd Legion Primarch lands on a daemon world, with no access to untainted food or water, he quickly degenerates into chaos spawn. Emps puts him down. His legion remain blackshields

11th Legion Primarch lands on a civilised world, basically grows up in a similar fashion to Girlyman. Unlike his brothers though, his ambitions get the better of him. Believing that as a son of the Emperor he'll be immune to sanction he gathers his system rulers and Astartes Legion attempts to secede from the Imperium.

He's wrong, the response is swift and brutal. Unwilling to see his Empire fragment into warring kingdoms Emps unleashes the Wolves and Blackshields of the 2nd legion along with innumerable Auxilia regiments. The fledgling kingdom is cleansed of all life the head of the 11th returned to Terra on a platter. It wasn't elegant but the message was clear

2nd's Primarch: Gork, eventually
11th's Primarch: Mork, after a while

Wrong. Russ wrecked 3 legions in his career

[citation needed]

yeah and the other one is doomguy

The 11th Legion were the Sons of Malice. Prove me wrong, protip: you can't.

Well, from the information we have, we can't really reconstruct anything about their coloration, tactics, or doctrine; pretty much anything would go.

I always thought that the best explanation as to what happened would have to strike against big E's vision even more than falling to Chaos, which would be pretty bad. I once penned a sketch of a short story (never finished it, it was kind of crap) involving a chat between the hypothetical 2nd primarch and big E about why he deserted the Great Crusade, and was sort of an attempt to be The Last Church sort of dynamic without the incredible autism and stupidity, but I coudln't make Emps both plausibly wrong but at the same time intelligent.

But the main thrust was disillusionment following a piss easy campaign a weak alien speciesthat I'd have made up a name for. They had overrun a human colony during the Age of Strife, and Legion shows up to liberate them and save the day. They don't even need to do all that much. Once you have a friendly force in the area, the locals are perfectly capable of rising up and beating the aliens without much help, they just needed a friendly force to rally around, and the planet is under Imperial control in a week with little fighting to the Astartes.

But it shakes our pimarch's faith in humanity as a species, and human superiority is pretty much the cornerstone of Emps raison d'etre. Someone saying that there is no intrinsic worth to humanity, and that the Imperium or the astartes would never be anything but the Emperor (who is essentially nonhuman) imposing his spirit on the galaxy using humanity as his tools to achieve this; except of course he's trying to divorce himself from humanity as far as possible in order to serve it. This creates an autistic shitfit from Big E, which in turn leads to all mention of the Legion being erased.

The whole gene mutation thing is a bit derivative of Ol' Fabius desu and the mutation thing is kinda already covered by the Thousand Sons.

Not being a cunt btw just first impression, I like your writing style.

A Prumarch raised by xenos would be pretty cool and afaik original.

I think if it was a world where he was raised by Eldar, but then the Eldar got btfo by Slaanesh. It would allow for them to go Crusadin' with Big E until they ran into more Eldar which leads to inevitable conflict. Cue bawwing from Emps and rebellion by the XI after they side with the Eldar.

Doomguy and Guts if you wanna get pissy over female primarchs. Guts is basically just Doomguy stuck on a feudal world at this point anyway.

Gulliman says to Logar in Know No Fear that the Emperor should have fed Lorgar to Russ like the others

The idea was the extent of it. While other chapters had mutations and geneseed flaws to deal with, they still saw those as the flaws they were. I wanted to go for the marines were basically stitched together and hardly human at all, and the Primarch aeeing nothing wrong with this. I based it off that one blurb of Sanguinius claiming another chapter was purged for mutations, but I figured they would need to be very obvious and severe for the Emperor to put his foot down and for the Primarch to not accept.

Plus I wanted a bit of a joke for having a Frankenstein Legion to go with the werewolves and vampires.

Yeah, it's a neat idea and is an angle not covered already, and is also a very easy reason to purge. It also helps if he was the most diplomatically skilled of the Primarchs, which thanks to his outlook would also lead to his downfall. While he'd probably convince humans to join the Imperium with ease, his different vision of including Xenos in the Imperium would lead to an earlier schism. A bit similar to Lorgar, but sparked far earlier due to him not respecting the Emperor.

I still like Desert Fangs as 2nd Legion.

One Primarch gets sent to a tyranid world & is ripped apart to make the tyrannid genes stronger

Tyranids weren't even in the milky way 10k years ago

>what are genestealers

Also half of the native life on Fenris

Never said it was a planet in our galaxy. Why do you think the Nids came here? They are looking for more tasty Primarchs

NEW HEADCANNON

Anakin Skywalker is a Primarch, sent to a galaxy far far way, he falls to Chaos over there.

>Doomguy
>Primarch of the Doom Slayers
>Legion is a combination of Angry Marines and Grey Knights

2nd legion is the funding father of the space sharks, rainbow warriors, flesh eaters and the most obscure rouge trader cheesy chapters that you can think of.

I was thinking on having him raised on an underwater prison only to years later descent upon the surface island where prisoners had made a culture there. He became a champion of them and later on escaped by swimming across the ocean till he found a landmass with a city, where he was adopted by a rouge trader and later on taught and shown the craft of space trade and raids.

He and his rouge trader band discovered found the emperor and he accepted the deal in a pretty swag way.

His marines are pretty cold,swift and merciless. They accept no authority except that of the emperor. Their "legion" was split into gigantic chapters who still happen to opperate and work together if and when necesary. The biggest one belong to the space sharks.
They manage huge trade routes and basically provide some inquisitors with important shit.

They are sort of the survival of the fittest and the independent instinct of the emperor.

I would like to think that they were wiped in the Rangdan Xenocide, with two Primarchs killed in battle, and it was erased to hide that defeat. Or maybe one killed and the other one tried to reach a diplomatic solution, which infuriated Emps and the other primarchs.
That would made the Rangdan Cerabvores pretty badass.

yeah but this implies Russ isn't a jobber and we know that's not true.

I like this idea.
Maybe the Primarch sent back became Malcador the Sigilite, and his Legion was taken away to become the Grey Knights
And the Future one, the one without, tried to strike out on their own to find their Primarch, growing impatient. They became the first to encounter the Chaos Gods, and they returned tainted, different. And when the Big emps saw them, they were abhorrent in his sight, and he had the closest Legion help exterminate them, that Legion being Russ and his Space Wolves

>Primarch is based on Alexander the Great
>Unmatched military genius, charismatic, and an absolute egomaniac
>Conquers worlds faster than any other primarch, but due to his aggressive tactics his legion has horrific casualty rates
>Guilliman is sent to convince him to slow down and regroup so his legion isn't wiped out through attrition of constant fighting
>When approaching Guilliman's flagship on a dropship, a bomb hidden on his ship detonates, killing him
>Guilliman fights a small skirmish with the legion before subduing them
>Discovers that a group of officers assassinated the primarch
>The traitors are executed and the remnants of the legion are inducted into the Ultramarines
>The fate of the legion was covered up to avoid spreading the idea of marines betraying their own primarch

I miss the rainbow warriors

There's evidence they got chaosed from damage to the pods

'Why have you brought us to this?' said Russ.

'Because it is wrong. This Crusade. This Imperium. The very notion of an empire is the greatest cancer to ever fester in the minds of men. We attack those who do us no wrong, slaughter them for not bowing to the will of a man they've never met, and when they've bled too much to fight us anymore we call them kin. It is wrong. It is perverse.'

'You know nothing of loyalty.'

'Loyalty? What is loyalty in the weighing of right and wrong? I'm sure it seems very palpable to you, absolutely fundamental to you , beyond all else to you Russ. You come from a world of savages, of rape and tooth and claw where loyalty is the chief virtue because it's the only thing that allows you to sleep within reach of another human being. My world was not one of loyalty, but of freedom, of justice and respect for the rights of your fellow man. Right and wrong, not loyalty, not loyalty to monsters over turning against them and working against their evil.'

'I''m asking you as a brother...'.

'I'm not your brother and he's not your father.'

'You will die.'

‘Yes. I know the order you've been issued with. The Obsidian protocol, the most secret of Imperial laws. I had the same talk with him we all did, I read the one tablet on which it is written, hidden away in his sanctuary. And did you notice something? It only applies to men like me. It only applies to betrayals of conscience. "Should any Primarch stand against the Imperium, Imperial Rule, or Imperial law, and in so doing challenge their core philosophical and ethical foundations, the Primarch shall be executed by all means at the disposal of the Master of Mankind, and all trace of him shall be stricken from all histories and records, unto the death of the stars, and the very invocation of their existence shall be the gravest crime,’

‘Do you see the omission? A Primarch could betray the Imperium through ambition and greed and lust for power, and they would remain within the records. A Primarch could ignore the law through hubris, and they would remain within the records. But one who takes a stand and says “The Imperium is wrong”, they must be purged from all memory and documentation. Because this sprawling, blood-soaked blanket you call the a society is sewn from lies and hypocrisy and unfulfilled promises, and it’s so obvious that merely speaking the barefaced truth and standing behind those words could tear it apart in moments. I could kill for power and history would remember me, for pleasure or tyranny or pure folly and my place in Imperial memory would be secure, but I kill for justice and the freedom of men, and I must be burned away along with every book that knows my name.”

'You’re wrong. We are strong now. Under him, man has the power to forge its own destiny.’

‘Under him, man has no power at all.’

‘Draw your sword’

‘Why not. Let’s give you a good tale to never tell.’

menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/X.html

What do you fellows think of this? Missing Primarchs are High Priestess and Fortune

I like the idea of a sagely Primarch who already knew too much (unlike Magnus, who's reach exceeded his grasp) and a Primarch who was too much of an I iconoclast for his own good. Maybe his otherworldly luck managed to let him escape.

Underrated post. Well writen, user.

Based fucking Magnus. You could be my friend, but alas.

>II
The moon of [REDACTED], where Joan's capsule would land, was a anchorite colony. Those wishing for religious seclusion would travel to this moon, joining monasteries where they could isolate themselves from worldly desire, meditating on the infinite mysteries of the cosmos.
Adopted by the monks near his crash site, Joan was inducted into the life of religious contemplation.
The system's religion was not based on the worship of gods or spirits, but rather concentrated on internal enlightenment. Through meditation, chants and reflection, the gurus claimed one could touch the very soul of the cosmos, the Universal Sea. The soul was in constant turmoil, fed by human emotion and feeding on human spirits in a great, eternal cycle. But, by quieting the mind and calming the soul, one could disconnect themselves from the churning realm.
Joan was a quick study and his rapid development in both mind and body startled those of his monastery. He could grasp even the most esoteric conundrums that would take an experienced monk years to contemplate. Soon, he was learning at the feet of the Head Abbot of [REDACTED], a position that many anchorites would not achieve in many lifetimes. Joan even began to pen his own essays and meditations, which were well received across the whole of the [REDACTED] system.
Finally, Joan ventured beyond the monastery, wandering as a pilgrim between the holy places and temples of the land, gaining many admirers across every planet and moon. But unlike the great spiritual leaders of the past, Joan never founded a temple or form a religious order, declaring such things as "ultimately unnecessary". He was content to merely wander, to give advice and guidance to those who sought him out, if only to tell them "your answer lies elsewhere" and meditate on the Universal Sea.

Then, the Emperor arrived.

Russ confirmed for absolute shit tier

>XI
It is a commonly accepted fact in those who serve in the Great Crusade that all xenos are ultimately dangerous. Those who aren't immediately hostile may be later, those who cannot fight will soon conceive of a manner to do so and those who claim subservience will one day seek to subvert. They must be cleared out and kept away from that space claimed by humanity.
In all, it is extremely likely xenos that would ever receive a vulnerable human would seek to inflict their inscrutable designs upon them.
So, if any Primarch would match the probability of landing among any xenos who would treat him well, it would be Anansi.
Landed in the far flung system of [REDACTED], Anan was raised in the most curious circumstances that could be conceived. While most of the population was human, they shared the space with a race of xenos, known as the Norns. These xenos took the form similar to great spiders of Terra.
By the time humans had begun colonization, the Norns were already in a decline as a species and when Anansi arrived, only a handful still lived and thanks to biological weapons of the humans, no more Norns were ever born. They retreated to lairs and waited for the ages to wipe them from history.
Anansi himself landed in the lair of a Norn by the name of Skuld, who grieved over her inability to conceive. Seeing the infant Primarch as the answer to her woes, she raised him as her own child but once he was grown to his fullest, she left him the care of his own kind, believing she was destined to outlive him.
Anansi, seeing the ignorance of his fellow humans (who lived simple, tribal lives) and the grief of the Norns, decided that he must bridge the gap between the two. Though it was hard earned, battling both the superstitions of the humans and the simmering hatred of the Norns, eventually both species came together, building a mighty confederation in the system.

Then, the Emperor arrived.

So what part or aspect of the Imperium would Samus's legion represent.

The Star Dragons, a steel grey and red coloured legion closely associated with the Adeptus Mechanicus. The legion was created from the gene seed of the Primarch Archimedes, who crash landed on Syracuse, an isolated forge world in the Ultima Segmentum, during the scattering of the Primarchs. He was found by a local tech priest, who named him after an ancient Tierran inventor who was popularly believed by the local mechanicum to have been the first tech priest. By the time the Emperor found Archimedes, he had already taken control of the Syracuse mechanicum, serving in the role of Lord Fabricator, and replaced a great deal of his body with cybernetics. After reuniting with his father, Archimedes travelled to Mars to meet his legion, then known as the Void Masters, which had been undergoing training with the forces of the mechanicus at the Emperor's command. The presence of an above average number of dreadnoughts and cyber-enhanced marines within his legion greatly pleased Archimedes. At Mons Olympus, before the 80,000 men of his legion, Archimedes was granted command of the Void Masters by his father, and uniquely for a Primarch, formally inducted into the Priesthood of Mars. Shortly afterwards, Archimedes received his first orders from the Emperor. His legion was formally renamed the Star Dragons, and either a quarter of it, or 20,000 marines, which ever was lower, was to be permently stationed on Mars. The remainder of the Star Dragons launch with Archimedes from the Ring of Iron to join the Great Crusade with all due haste. When question by Archimedes as to why a quarter of his forces should remain away from the crusade, the Emperor would reply that it was necessary to "secure the future of Mars."

Continued:

2nd had fucked up geneseed. Few existing test marines scrapped.
11th perished in Rangdan along with most of his Legion. Few survivors rolled i
nto smurfs.

>AnCap
Pls go, and stay go.

Always liked the idea of one of the two primarchs just not wanting anything to do with it all. Maybe a psyker who had build up his own little humble piece of heaven and just wanted to be left alone.

Continued:

Join by his legion, Archimedes, the Emperor's technomancer, would conduct several campaign in the Ultima Segmentum, first near Syracuse, and then, further and further east. Of his brothers, Archimedes felt closest to Vulkan, Ferrus Manus, and Lorgar. In Lorgar, Archimedes would find someone with whom he could share his thoughts on the Machine God, thoughts the Emperor publicly accepted, but privately disapproved. The association of the Emperor with the Machine God was something which had not escaped Lorgar's notice, and would be another factor in his continued belief in the Emperor's alleged divinity. Of Magnus and Russ, Archimedes would not speak, considering the Thousand Sons heretics, and the Space Wolves barbarians.

The use of cybernetics by the Star Dragons steadily increased as the Great Crusade advanced. In order to speed up recruitment, aspirants were now receiving only the most basic of gene seed organs, before having the vast majority of their bodies replaced with cybernetic replacements. The remainder would be placed inside a power armoured shell and sent for training and indoctrination, first as scouts, and later as marines. Slowly, but surely, the front line marines began to replace more and more of their bodies with cybernetics, becoming in essence Thallax. This reduced causality rates, but increased logistical complexity and the length of supply lines, as large numbers of tech priests were needed to help maintain the marines and their equipment.

Continued:

One of the lost legions was destroyed during the Rangdan Xenocides against the mind controlling slaugth and bone eating khrave. Even hours feared those guys. The DA and SW cleaned them up. This is canon, in HH7 Prospero.

Anyone who disagrees does so sheerly because it hurts their feelings.

>tfw being few thousand years late

There's no proof he destroyed the lost legions. In the FW HH black books it's implied the Rangdan killed at least one.

Joan was expecting the Emperor, who had sent tsunami like ripples through the Warp as he moved about the universe. Through his advice and divination, he planted the seed of acceptance within the people of [REDACTED], so when the Imperial ships tore into realspace above the planets, they were met with diplomats, not destroyers, while Joan made his way to the place where he would inevitably meet his father and waited.
The Emperor was perhaps expecting to meet a fellow ruler or a conquerer, master of his adopted people. Instead for their first meeting, his son dressed in simply, carrying no weapon but a traveller's staff, wearing no armour but a monk's robe. We cannot guess at the Emperor's inner thoughts.
Now reunited, Joan was quickly introduced to his gene-sons, the 2nd Legion. Though a gregarious and wise as ever, it was noted that Joan had some distaste for his new companions. Joan had never been a warrior, or a battlefield commander. To fill this gap of experience, he began to study the many wars and conquests of history and the Crusade, but though he learned much, his distaste only seemed to grow. He would frequently question the need for violent engagements, positing alternative diplomatic solutions, much to the puzzlement of the Imperial commanders.
But Joan had held the attention of cities and countries and soon reached a rapport with his sires. He began teaching them of his home's culture, of the meditation rituals and cleansing chants, instructing them in holistic philosophy and the wisdom of within. Though secular by nature, thanks to Joan's magnetic personality and easy instruction, it was not long before the entire legion had adopted his philosophies, if not his spiritual beliefs. Joan molded them into warrior-monks, while he himself tried to mold himself into a monk-warrior.

Then came their first battle.
>could use a good name for the 2nd Legion, if anyone has suggestions
>Bonus points if you can think of a pre-Joan name and a post-Joan name

Continued:

One hundred and fifty years into the crusade, and eighty years after the discover of Archimedes, his legion had swelled to 180,000 marines. 20,000 were based on Mars at the Emperor's request, and a further 20,000 were based on Syracuse. The remainder were spread across the Ultima Segmentum conducting various campaigns. It was around this time that Archimedes and his fleet exited the warp into the Rapax system, located in the Eastern Fringe. The fleet had been drawn to this system by a distress signal, which had strangely been broadcasted in binaric. Upon approaching Rapax II, Archimedes and his forces discovered several ships stranded in orbit, abandoned. Sensor scans of the planet revealed no life signs, but evidence of buildings. At Archimedes command, marines were deployed to the surface, while he and his personal guard, the Bronze Scales, teleported over to the flagship of the abandoned fleet. What was discovered both shock and intrigued Archimedes. The ship came alive, and greeted the Primarch and his marines. Reports from the fleet indicated the flotilla had suddenly come to life, and begun to move. The marines on the surface likewise reported signs of movement, with ancient factories powering up, and robotic security forces deployed. Almost at once, Archimedes second in command, Captain Johannes Calgai, recognised the threat which confronted them. Yet before he could warn his master, the ship spoke once more. It told Archimedes that it was called HYDRA, and that it was an artificial being. It had been created by linking multiple human brains to a computer system, creating a being with the vast processing power of a computer and the flexibility and innovation of a human. Intrigued by this, Archimedes questioned the being as to its purpose, to which it simply replied "war."

Continued:

Continued:

Recognising the heresy inherent in the existence of such a being, Johannes attempted to convince Archimedes to return to his command ship, the battle barge Alexandria, but he would not be swayed, and, with the backing of the majority of his forces, ordered them to remain. HYDRA would serve the Imperium, but first, it must be studied, so that the technology behind it could be reverse-engineered, and ultimately put to use. Several months later, agents of Malcador arrived within the system. The Emperor had noticed that Archimedes had broken off his campaign in the Eastern Fringe, and had ordered Malcador to investigate upon the matter. What they found shocked them. Rapax II was surrounded by a fleet of autonomous ships, which patrolled the area alongside ships from Archimedes' fleet. When word of the arrival of the emissaries became known, Johannes immediately teleported over, informing them of the heresy which his master was committing. As quickly as they could, the emissaries fled to Terra, to inform the Emperor of the situation at hand. From bended knee, Johannes detailed to the Emperor the heresy his Primarch had committed. The Emperor was, as expected, furious. The study or production of Abdominal Intelligence had been explicitly banned by the Emperor, and that ban had been broken. At once, the Emperor contacted Russ, his loyal executioner. Russ and the Space Wolves were to travel to the Rapax system, destroy HYDRA, and bring Archimedes to Mars to answer on charges of tech heresy. The Space Wolves immediately traveled to Rapax, arriving no later than two weeks later. One chance was what Archimedes was given by Russ, and this was ignored. With no other option, the Wolves began their advance. Although the Wolves held the advantage in numbers, Russ' 100,000 marines to Archimedes 30,000, the cybernetic forces he had at his command were numerous and powerful.

Continued:

Good question, I never played much Metroid personally, do the games ever elaborate much on her personality and traits that would be inherited by her legion?

Continued:

The Wolves rushed forward, as was their style, overwhelming HYDRA. As the Wolves ships grew close, they would conduct a series of deep strike operations against nearby ships. Holes were blown in hulls by Terminators, who would teleport out just before they were bombarded by fire from nearby ships. Although HYDRA was advanced, its responses were slow, as the brains which constituted half of its mind had long since decayed. What neural links remained were enough to keep it active, but only barely, and they too had begun to decay. Against the Wolves, HYDRA stood no chance. The Star Dragons resisted with all expected ferocity, inflicting harrowing casualties on the Wolves. At least five thousand marines were killed before the Star Dragons were pushed back. Enraged, Russ and his personal guard pushed the advance teleporting directly into HYDRA's computer core after a salvo of plasma battery fire depleted what remained of its shields. Desperate to prevent the destruction of his prize, Archimedes and his Bronze Scales teleported in, and placing themselves between Russ and HYDRA. With Johannes at his side, Russ pushed the attack, bolter rounds piercing HYDRA's neural containment tanks, destroying the few links which remained. As HYDRA began to fail, Archimedes confronted Russ. A powerful warrior due to the enhancements he had received, Archimedes was an even match for the lord of wolves. Equipped with a power mace and a plasma cannon, he was well armed, as would be expected of the Emperor's technomancer. The battle is said to have lasted hours, ending abruptly as Russ suddenly brought down his axe, knocking away Archimedes mace. Though the warrior had lost both of his legs, one of his arms, and was rapidly losing blood, he managed to stand before Russ. Looking him directly in the eye he began to charge his plasma cannon. Russ ordered his forces to retreat, acutely aware of how this fight was going to end.

Continued (Final):

(You)

And final:

Minutes passed before Russ teleported back to his battle barge, injured yet alive. A hole had been punched in his chest, destroying one of his hearts, and the wound had been cauterized. When asked what had become of Archimedes, Russ merely responded that he had been dealt with. Leaderless, the remaining Star Dragons were purged within a week. At the Emperor's command, and the insistence of Russ, HYDRA was destroyed, permanently putting an end to the threat it posed to the nascent Imperium. The remaining members of the II Legion, 150,000 in total were thoroughly investigated, and ultimately spared, being merged into the Iron Hands and the Ultramarines. Syracuse was directly placed under the command of the mechanicum, and all records of Archimedes and his legion were destroyed. The statue of Archimedes which stood in the Imperial Palace was permanently covered, and the Martian garrison was split up and deployed. Of Archimedes gene seed, no more would be produced. The remaining forces of the II Legion would know no legacy, and would contribute nothing towards the next generation of Space Marines. Over time, as they began to take losses, they would be merged into Ultramarine chapters and companies, leading to the erosion of their legion culture, and ultimately its extinction. The Horus Heresy would lead to the deaths of the Star Dragons that remained, ending the legacy of Archimedes, his legion, and the heresy he had committed.

Checked.

>before: Steel Talons
>after: Silver Shields

They should focus on feints, close combat, and defensive warfare.

Bump.

Not them but I'm guessing most people on Veeky Forums haven't because Samus isn't human she's a bird. She'd be listed as some sort of mutant human xenos hybrid and she'd never be given the chance to have a legion. No, she basically doesn't have personality beyond seemingly irrational actions like letting a metroid live. People make Samus out to be one of the best female video game characters ever and she is almost literally a wall at best. There is almost nothing there and what is isn't great.

Honestly, the best take on a forgotten legion was done at the Bolter and Chainsword. Not only was it good fluff but he made his own army and actual primarch.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/285838-the-lost-and-forgotten-building-the-ii-legion/

...well shoot, looks like this guy managed to make what I was looking for
Bloody good art and models.

Guess I gotta pour my heart and soul into the 11th! Fortune smiles!

Bump.
Be back with content soon.

I know it's a crack pipe idea, but I still want your thoughts.