So how the fuck will the Octarius War resolve itself now that the Prophet of Waagh himself has arrived...

So how the fuck will the Octarius War resolve itself now that the Prophet of Waagh himself has arrived? Because so far it's been Orks getting pounded

1-Dumbass. The Orks cleared the Tyranids out of the planet Ocatrius. They won.

2-Dumbass, The Hivemind sent two tendrils in response

BUT

The Hive Fleet these tendrils come from has been deleted by Chaos. Leaving these two tendrils among the surviving bits of the Hive Fleet. This means no more reinforcements for the Tyranids. They will have to work with what they have.

3-Dumbass, Ghaz is building a teleporter to transport himself from Octarius into Armageddon.

As for things go, Orks have the advantage.

I actually stopped at Ghaz's arrival
I thought he grew bored of Armageddon, why'd he want to go back?

1. Dumbass, nice way to blow things out of contexts. Tyranids whooped Orks asses as soon as they arrived. one tendril got BTFO by Orks in space while looking for more resources, but from what few Nids they sent planetside, were able to consume all the Orks there and build new ships. Orks were getting pounded on Octaria until the sudden arrival of Ghaz and his fuckhuge army sparked the Orks planetside into a frenzy that wiped out ONE WAVE of tyranids on one planet. The Orks won that battle, they didn't win the war, evident in that it's still going on

2. >no more reinforcements
Show where in the fluff it says this or stop making bullshit claims

3. >Orks have the advantage
Stop headcanoning

>1. Dumbass, nice way to blow things out of contexts. Tyranids whooped Orks asses as soon as they arrived. one tendril got BTFO by Orks in space while looking for more resources, but from what few Nids they sent planetside, were able to consume all the Orks there and build new ships. Orks were getting pounded on Octaria until the sudden arrival of Ghaz and his fuckhuge army sparked the Orks planetside into a frenzy that wiped out ONE WAVE of tyranids on one planet. The Orks won that battle, they didn't win the war, evident in that it's still going on

Now, Ghaz wiped out ALL the Tyranids from the planet which were a giant swarm of them covered all the continents. It wasn't a single "wave".

They won the war against the tendril that was invading their system. The Hivemind responded by sending two more tendrils.

>Show where in the fluff it says this or stop making bullshit claims

"Leviathan's End". The Hive Fleet was devoured by the Warp. The majority of it is gone and what remains is being devoured by Hive Fleet Hydra. Hydra itself has no interest in anything but eating old and defeated Hive Fleet bits.

No reinforcements are coming for the Tyranids.

>3. >Orks have the advantage

Orks are still streaming into the sector while the Hive Fleet was deleted from reality. Momentum is on the side of the Orks. Deal with it.

Surprise Necron awakening on Octarius due to all the commotion above?

I'm seriously hoping we get a tyranid vs ork campaign somewhere down the line, octarius has been one one of the most interesting fights going on in realspace for a long ass time and it would be a shame to see it end in a footnote

Tyranids and Orks fought chaos to a standstill, Nids have consumed 4 named planets, but pretty sure other fluff has hinted at 2 dozen octarius worlds. Its been back and forth between nids and orks there for a while, orks tend to lose most fights, but where ever ghaz shows up they win

>"Leviathan's End". The Hive Fleet was devoured by the Warp
Wasn't that the Baal tendril?

Is this shit in a black library book? I've only read Eisenhorn, ravenor, and the first 3 HH books but this sounds interesting

They retconned the Baal tendril, which was extremely far away from the rest of leviathan, into the main tendril. It gets wiped out when the great rift opens. fhe rest of leviathan is still out there, with much of it being at Octarius. Most of the other tendrils are getting eaten by Hydra though, which is bad for everyone except the Nids. Leviathan fell the same way Kraken did. The main thrust into the imperium was halted, but there's still tons of them out there.

GW probably did this because they backed themselves into a corner with the Time skip. There's no way leviathan could keep advancing into the imperium for a hundred years without countless worlds being destroyed in the process. So they reset it back to where it was before, except now it seems Hydra is gonna be our shiny new hive fleet

Supposedly we are getting one soon, but I have no idea where those rumors came from. I'm hoping it covers the blood crusade as well, so we can finally know what really happened

At this point why not, aren't they the only army not participating in some capacity?

Pretty much. With all these factions involved, I don't know why this hasn't been a major campaign before. The only ones who would seem out of place there would be the Tau. It would be really awesome if they let the players resolve the Octarius war

Would the Octarian war start a chain effect on the galaxy? With all the fighting there, orks all around the galaxy will want to go there to get a piece of the scrap, and the mor orks, the more organic matter on the planet, so more tyranids. And with more nids, more fighting. Could we see the unification of the ork race on octarius, once the fighting reignites and the warpstorms allow regular travel once again?

Orks don't give a shit about the warpstorms, they've perfected teleportation technology and now Ghaz and his massive fleet are jumping around the galaxy according to gathering storm. Which pretty much confirms he hasn't stayed on Octarius this whole tomen

>they've perfected teleportation technology

Really? Wow, that is awesome. And embarrassing for everyone else. Just imagine the look of all the Mechanicus, Eldar and Tau when they discover the Orks have managed to develop a better teleporting system than either of them (do necrons have teleporting at the scale of Ghaz's mechboys?).

Because he doesn't leave a good fight unfinished.

No because Orkz are always more advanced than anyone else. Take the most advanced civilization, show an ork that technology at work, then the Orks will make their own working version out of scrap metal, red paint, and zzzapy bits glued on.

Probably because they should have woken up long ago. If they haven't, orc probably looted all the gud bitz for the big anti ship guns that blew up the first wave.

8th rulebook cites three more hive fleets carving into the galaxy. Hydra is starting to mop up the leviathan splinter fleets while ignoring biomass rich worlds for some reason. Scylla and Charybdis are doing the whole devour everything thing.

Seconding this question. Is this fluff all from codexes?

No, it's snippets that are talked about in the codices and rulebooks. It's the reason why anons argue so much with each other because the current conclusion isn't very clear.

Wasn't there an Avatar of Khaine thrown in here somewhere?

Heard Khaine was looted.

Are there any ork centric black library books beyond deff skwadron?

So is leviathan dead from Kraken or is the big fleet still hiding under the galaxy?

As far as I can tell no? Orks are never really used beyond being an enemy for someone else to fight.

The opposite, he looted orks.

I'm sure that's what the Orks told him as they looted him. Now he's going along with a bunch of Ork shootas strapped to his head, thinking he nicked it from da boyz.

You have to keep in mind that the ork concept of "perfection" isn't the same as other races, however.

Ork inter-galaxy teleportation probably does something goofy like kill 30% of the group everytime they use it. Orks just don't care because there's always more where that came from.

The Octarius War will grow so big that all the orks are gonna orgasm so hard that the Krorks will return.

The inquisition was absolutely buttblasted about it and declared all reports of Ghaz jumping around the galaxy to be falsified. There's no way an ork and a fleet of 5 million ships could loot on opposite sides of the galaxy in a matter of weeks, right?

If the Orks even returned to Beast WAAAGH!!! levels almost everyone would be fucked. Krorks coming back is complete overkill

>This means no more reinforcements for the Tyranids. They will have to work with what they have.
....user have you ever read like, a single iota of Tyranid lore in your entire life? How can one man be this retarded?

No, you are the retard. Leviathan is kaput. It's remaining tendrils are food for other fleets and these other fleets are not shown to be heading over to Ocatarius.

There won't be reinforcements arriving to help out the Tyranids like what happened when Ghaz cleared Ocatarius. The Tyranids there now have to work with what they have and hope they can pull out a miracle.

>still talking about reinforcements like this has anything to do with nids
Go read the Ghorala Swarm fluff

"The Tyranids there now have to work with what they have"

Somehow you missed this line, you illiterate bastard.

How did Leviathan, the biggest hive fleet trying to nom the galaxy from below, get so fucked up its breaking apart?

I didn't miss anything. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how Tyranids operate to begin with. That line is not even relevant to the discussion. It's meaningless. They ALWAYS only work with what the have, that's never stopped them from turning a literal handful of bugs into a whole new Hive Fleet in a matter of weeks.

The Great Rift opened and sucked most of it into the Warp where Chaos is LAW!

Did they just fly into the storm or did the rift open up large enough to cut off the main head below the galaxy?

The maps I've seen of the great rift doesn't look that big or even near where Leviathan is coming up. Unless they did some serious retcons on location.

No, it's relevant, dumbass. Tyranids have been wiped out before utterly by other factions. Namely, on Ocatarius. When meeting those kinds of defeat, Tyranids send more of the hivefleet to reinforce the struggling Tyranids. Namely, Baal where the Tyranids that were getting their asses kicked looked up above hoping for reinforcements only to get an Imperial crusade on their ass.

The Ghorala sitution had the Tyranids facing Orks that were disorganized and had no strategy. This isn't the case in Ocatarius Prime. Where Ghaz is keeping the boys in line and managed to hand the Tyranids their asses and wipe them out.

The Tyranids that are coming in the system are facing an organized and massive Ork WAAAGH! that's continuously grows from the Orks being born on the planet's surface and by the Orks coming to the system.

The Tyranids on the other hand have to work with the biomass they have because they have no Hive Fleet supporting them any more. There won't be any help when Orks gaining momentum grinds them to nothing and we know that Tyranids suck at wars of attrition.

Just shitty retcons from GW.

>Orks being born on the planet's surface
On a T-formed world? Lol

>The Tyranids on the other hand have to work with the biomass they have because they have no Hive Fleet supporting them any more
What does a "Hive Fleet supporting them" even mean? They ARE a Hive Fleet, and they harvest biomass constantly while in the warzone directly from the things they kill and the native ecosystem.

Am I responding to bait? I think this is bait.

When the Great Rift opened there was darkness the obscured the stars and cut off all communication for the Tyranids and Imperials. When the darkness lifted the hive fleet was gone and the only clue for what happened to the fleet was the massive nid skull mountains aligned in the symbol of a Khornate daemon on one of Baal's moons. All what remains of Leviathan are scattered tendrils. The rest of the hive fleet....are now playthings for KHORNE

>On a T-formed world? Lol

Yes, Orks spores are said to be fighting the Tyranid Phage cells as aggressive as the Orks are fighting the Tyranids. You can't even read your own lore.

>What does a "Hive Fleet supporting them" even mean?

Reinforcements because Tyranids on the surface can't always harvest biomass as fast as they are killed which necessitates the hive ships above to pour more forces into the planet to even the playing field.

You are an ignorant moron.

Continued...

Furthermore, you asshole, the Overfiend and Deathwatch (2016) novels had the Tyranid Hive Fleet sending parts of itself outside of the Ocatarius sector in order to harvest biomass and then return to reinforce the Tyranids in the Ocatarius meat grinder.

You can forget about this now since the Hive Fleet was deleted. The Tyranids in there are on their own and won't get any support anytime soon.

The Hive Ships are still there. You're confusing the lore around the invasion of Baal with Octarius. Those were two completely separate tendrils halfway across the galaxy from each other, holy shit how can one person be this retarded.

>spores beating phage cells
Yeah, I'm sure those helpless fungus spores are gonna do great against aggressive motile microbes that overpower space marines immune systems.

Because any time Chaos isn't in the scene, all the characters should ask 'Where's Chaos?'

Please tell me this is true, it sounds super fucking metal.

>The Hive Ships are still there

Only the ships of the two tendrils there currently within the system engaging the Orks. There won't be help from other splinters and tendrils that will pour biomass and more bodies into the system.

And there won't be a repeat of Ghorala since Ghaz is leading the Orks and by now the Orks know better.

The Tyranids will lose this war of momentum.

And again you show your illiteracy. When did I mention Baal in the reply chain?

>Yeah, I'm sure those helpless fungus spores are gonna do great against aggressive motile microbes that overpower space marines immune systems.

Fuck off. There is no lore saying that Ork spores are getting beaten just the microscopic war as brutal as the actual war with ork spores engaging the Tyranid cells in combat.

Yep, it's true.

Remember when the ending of Shadowbrink had the daemons pissed at Leviathan for denying them a world and banishing them back to the Warp? Remember when the daemons vowed revenge on the Hive Fleet and plotted for it?

Well, there it is. Daemons got back to their oppressors. Don't be pissy at GW for following with a plotline that they seeded in the Nid codex. I mean there are consequences for crossing the forces of Chaos. You just can't offend them and get away with it.

got back at their oppressors*

I love you too, Carnac.

fucking carnac

>he thinks nidbros are mad Leviathan lost
>that wasn't even our final fleet lol
Oh no, Leviathan lost and the tyranid threat still hasn't diminished in any way.
8ed confirms the previous hive fleet were only the vanguard, the main fleet has yet to show up. I mean this was always known, but here were those occasional faggots that tried to claim leviathan was he main fleet or there was no solid lore on the "main fleet." Now the tyranids finally have reason to consider chaos a direct threat

I have a question.

How come Orks deal with attrition so inconsistently.

Against the Tau or Armageddon for example, the Orks are brought to a standstill, sometimes thwarted by attrition whittling down their numbers.

And yet against the Tyranids, whose whole thing is massive attrition and consumption of supplies and resources the Orks "Get bigger and stronger because war is good for them and they can eat war."

So which is it? You'd think the Tyranids would try to eat their fungus farms or something.

Orks thrive on all conflict, but most of the time ork wars consist of being hit with mass bombardment and little actual fighting. Tyranids are always on the offense, which the Orks love, so they enjoy their war with the tyranids and grow more from it. also the Orks and Nids are constantly fighting, there is no retreating or ceasefire

>And there won't be a repeat of Ghorala since Ghaz is leading the Orks and by now the Orks know better.
>The Tyranids will lose this war of momentum.
Orkfag here. Worth noting that ol' Swarmlord got sent down to Octarius to deal with the damn greenskins at some point in the last 100 years.

For some reason I feel like his experience ended up being something along the lines of pic related.

>Daemons got back to their oppressors. Don't be pissy at GW for following with a plotline that they seeded in the Nid codex. I mean there are consequences for crossing the forces of Chaos. You just can't offend them and get away with it.

So, theoretically speaking, the warpstorm that dropped most of Khorne's best champions along with a shitload of other khornate followers on Octarius in the recent fluff (and resulted in them trying to fight both Orks and Nids at once and getting brought to a standstill until the daemons got dragged off by the warpstorm, leaving the mortal khornate crowd in a rather awkward position) might not have been a random occurrence, but the daemons trying to destroy the last of Hive Fleet Leviathan?

Orks and Tyranids share two things in common: strength in numbers, and preference for CQC. Yeah there are exceptions to this but for the most part the Tyranids and Orks prefer to go toe to toe. Which is why Tau and Imperials whittle their numbers down from a distance before resorting to melee.