EDH/Commander General

"Back in the Saddle" Edtion

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What is a tribe that hasn't been revealed yet that you expect to show up in C17? What is a tribe that wish would show up?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giselas-angel-bash/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What is a tribe that hasn't been revealed yet that you expect to show up in C17?

Merfolk, to fit with Ixalan.

>What is a tribe that wish would show up?

There are so many. Oozes. Skeletons. Slivers. Rats. Bears.

I can't find the post right this second but Maro heavily hints that Merfolk aren't one of the tribes in C17.

Skeleton tribal got me all hot though.

>The first time I saw JoJo spam, before I hated it, I went through a wiki binge. Now, since I have this thing called a memory, I can remember what to report.

This needs another thread to let it properly aerate. You don't just indulge on autism this rich without giving it time to breathe.

>Skeleton tribal got me all hot though.

Can you imagine? THREE new Skeleton Legends?

Judging by the revealed ones, something we had a lot of, but didn't really had any tribal support. Maybe a demon that pops up sac fodder from the command zone? I'd go with wizards for the other one.

>thread questions
There's gonna be a mono-colored deck that features a super-common tribe. Soldiers, Merfolk, Zombies, Goblins or Elves. Definitely gonna happen. I'd wanna see Wizards personally, but who knows?

As far as a tribe I'd like to see get more love, there are many I could choose. For the purposes of this thread though, I'm gonna go with Kavu.

If they don't put out a sliver precon im just gonna build my own.
I love synergy and it doesn't get any better than slivers, come on sliver commander that poops out a 1/1 every turn.

I think some people are speculating slivers are a tribe here so if you're committed you may want to buy some of the staple sliver cards because they've been going up.

A lot of that speculation was thanks to the idea of all four decks being five-color. Feline Ferocity puts a big damper on that being the case.

On the bright side, maybe the lack of value for Selesyna Cats means Wizards sticks something noteworthy in there, like a Horizon Canopy. An user can dream.

>What is a tribe that hasn't been revealed yet that you expect to show up in C17? What is a tribe that wish would show up?
>Wish
Mardu Vampires
>Expect
Bant Spirits.

Well to be fair i dont have high hopes for them being one of the precons and even if they do i think most people will be turned off by the hate they draw. Either way i can wait a bit for speculators to sell or people who dont like it to drop slivers.

So this deck pretty much confirms somebody at Wizards is a big feline Furry, right?

If my friend embalms anointer priest with anointed procession in play and an un-embalmed priest in play, how much life would he gain?

What would linvala keeper of silence do to any of that, if anything?

>Give 1v1 Commander the benefit of doubt because it's in growing pains and will sure be great when they separate the lists!
>They ban Brainstorm, Ponder, Preordain and Treachery. Unban Biorythm and Painter.

What the fuck does WotC want that format to be, festering anal cancer?

Undoubtedly.

2 tokens etb, 3 anointed priests see it happen, he gains 6

Linvala only affects activated abilities of creatures on the battlefield, embalm is an ability of a card in the gy, and all the lifegain is triggered abilities

They want format diversity

>Discord link

Neck yourself autist.

Thank you very much for clearing it up!

At this point I am just willing to settle for someone that knows how to put the thread title in the subject line. Goodbye old autistic children. Good day, new autistic children.

FUCK DINOSAURS

Fuck any other tribe, I got exactly what I wanted. I like the idea of swinging Nacatle Warpride and Pride Sovereign, gaining +4/+4~ or so from Nactle, then doubling the Pride Sovereign for something like 12/12 trample. And it could be more like 15/15 if Arahbo booned the Pride Sovereign too before this started.

Friendly threadly reminder that you need to use different colored sleeves for your general or have a 3rd party available to check it's location since Sheldor fucked up the rules.

I don't just imagine it, I dream it.

>commander bounced to hand
>discard a card at random

Which copy of Dark Ritual should I put in my deck, purely for aesthetic choice.

>Thread question
I hope Zombies for reprints like Mikaeus and Death Barron.
Seeing as how we're getting fucking cats though, I doubt something as popular as Zombies will show up, so my backup dream is Mardu Warriors. Zurgo has zero synergy and Alesha doesn't bring enough back. Saskia should have been a warrior god damn it.

IF WE MEET IN THE PUBLIC I BREAK YOUR FUCKING JABRONI NECK

White bordered

I don't see the issue?
You just roll dice and resolve it like always.

>white border

No fuck dinosaurs, it's really about the cool ass jungle pirates

White borders are a sin, and only fucking outcasts pick them.

No, FUCK DINOSAURS.

>Thread question
I predict Knights.
What I would have loved is Wolves because it tangents really hard into a lot of other tribes. I think they are associated with warriors, archers, shamans, werewolves and elves. I don't see it happening with cats as one of the tribes though. The other one I would love but will never see happen is spiders. I could imagine a spider/insect deck but I don't see it being very likely. BUGbugs for c17!

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF

>What is a tribe that hasn't been revealed yet that you expect to show up in C17? What is a tribe that wish would show up?

There's been dragons and cat tribes revealed

I'm thinking they're gonna go with dog/wolf tribal and some other meme like aetherborn

You need fresh bait.

>aetherborn
Why can I see this happening?

>aetherborn

You've brought a plague upon this set, user.

So yeah, it'd be pretty bad, but the Aetherborn have some pretty neat lore. Yahenni and Gonti are both great characters and I'd like to see more of that.
I'm just glad that for once the incessant quipping was justified. Yahenni quips because they live with a constant knowledge of their imminent death and can't afford to take anything too seriously. They stop quipping when they think they're about to die.

The funny thing is, it's a 100% true fact. People like you just think it's bait because you don't believe that Sheldon can make a mistake.

I am just spreading awareness. With any luck the loophole will be closed soon. There are only 6 cards that can cause the interaction to take place.

>Inb4 trolling and counter trolling.

Also there is some guy that pretends to be me to turn this shit into troll posting.

...so which is it?

The next tribe will be Jund Weres with Talrand and Skaharra.

Werewolves are strictly Gruul, though.

If there were 5 precons like there normally is, they could have one for mono, dual, wedge, 4C, and 5C. But we get 4 precons this time for whatever reason.

Fucking Wizards I swear to god.

No man I'm telling you. There is a whole line that uses black magic, the Leeraugh.

Last two tribes are confirmed as monoblack Criminals and RWU Social Justice Warriors

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MAGE!

I would like more elves please.

>What is a tribe that hasn't been revealed yet that you expect to show up in C17?
I'm guessing it'll be 5c dragons, GW cats, UB merfolk or fairies and mono R gobs.
>What is a tribe that wish would show up?
Rhox/Rhinos/Elephants/Hippos. I need a pachyderm lord.

FAT
ELF
TITS

ESPER spirits

What is a tribe that wish would show up?
ooze

I think hey did 4 because a 4 man pod is the normal size for a commander game.

Bears.

Honestly this. Especially now since one of the decks is Cats.

>Thread Question:
Fucking anything goes now.
What I want is either Grixis Vampires or B/W Angels.

How did I manage to fuck up a boros commander deck. Its literally a splash for red.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giselas-angel-bash/

Cut Bygone Bishop. You have 9 other 3 CMC or less creatures in the deck. He's a wasted slot. Aegis of the Gods also isn't worth it mostly likely at 1 toughness. Get Karmic Guide & Urza's incubator if Angel Tribal is your desire.

Ranger of Eos is also a waste. Recruiter of the Guard is enough. You don't want to spend 4 mana to tutor for your only 1 mana creature which is a land tutor.

Am I retarded or do you only have one target for Ranger of Eos?

You don't seem to have any way to deal with opposing Artifacts/Enchantments besides Planar Cleansing/Oring. I highly suggest Return to Dust, Tempest of Light/Patrician's Scorn, & Vandalblast. Replace Cryptolith Fragment with a different rock (fellwar stone, SOL RING)

>Played some EDH tonight
>Playing against an Animar deck, he has four or five counters on Animar
>He plays a pair of cantrip weenies
>He then taps out for a fatty
>Cast Mystic Confluence, mana leak your fatty, unsummon Animar, oh, and I draw a card
Holy shit this card is amazing. Why am I not running this in 100% of my blue decks? It's so versatile.

Cloud Shift would be a flavorful Instant to add to the deck. Use it in response to Aurelia's Untap + Bonus attack step trigger to get 3 attack steps in one turn!

You're missing the one and only reason to play boros.

for reference

Because it costs 5.

Since some creatures are being errata'd for Ixalan to be Dinosaurs, according to Maro, what do you guys expect/hope will be changed that might have relevance for Dino EDH?

Tribal is for plebeians and fat girls, I don't give a fuck about memesaurus rex.

>upgrade Rashmi, Alesha, and Zada to deal with cancer friend's Sisay and Zur decks
>Barely modified Entropic Uprising
>decks too strong for my more casual playgroups and I can't handle playing one of their horribly constructed decks to put myself at their level
What's a fun but casual-friendly deck/archetype that won't make people hate me? Am I wrong for employing Eisenhower Brinksmanship as my primary form of politic (if you kill my guy, you'll be dead in three turns, etc)? How do I put myself back in cas' shoes?

No, user. You must embrace the tribe. There is no way around it. Better lube your asshole for the big fat scaly dino dick.

What are some good cards to run with sunforger? Assuming wear//tear is a good one? Vadalblast? Anything else? Chaos warp?

Path, StP, Chaos Warp, Invigorated Rampage and Chaos Strobe and shit maybe since you're beating face?

Waves of aggression is a great include! Many people forget about the retrace and it can be ridiculously helpful! Especially in any deck with Gisela, BoG!

>Am I wrong for employing Eisenhower Brinksmanship as my primary form of politic (if you kill my guy, you'll be dead in three turns, etc

I mean, it's not wrong if you can follow up on it. I actually like to test these claims whenever they pop up, and people usually can't pony up. For good reason though. If with me killing off your shit and throwing off your game plan you can still murder me on schedule, then your deck is probably too strong for the deck I am using, and I need to switch to one of my stronger ones next game.

So I'm pretty bad at game politics, but I remember hearing discussion about spite playing cards if you're about to lose and how it's kingmaking because it could make the guy you're losing to lose on the following turn.
But if you're losing to the most powerful guy at the table and you're holding a card that can influence the rest of the game, isn't it kingmaking if you don't play it because you're essentially leaving the game up to people who may or may not have ways to deal with the boardstate?

I'd say for sure we're not getting elves, demons, beasts, or giants because we've already had those.

Five color dargons is a lowball pitch for money. Kitties seems like it's geared toward new players for their first EDH; people will buy it for singles but it's not going to be another Atraxa. I'd say the last two are going to be super safe, like esper spirits or rakdos/jund goblins, but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet at least one of the decks is going to be an 'occupation' tribal like wizards or rogues hopefully rogues.

Grixis/Esper zombies would be cute, but I don't see it happening.
Colorless Myr tribal would be the best of all possible universes, but since we're in the universe with creature AND planeswalker Samut, we're definitely in 'Universe B'.

I have never seen people get russled over this, but spitescooping can send peoples Jimmie's into orbit.

Was Atraxa a mistake?

It's almost guaranteed to not happen, but I would love either Cleric or Kithkin tribal. Zero chance, but I like both a lot.

Is your name Atraxa?

Boros-
Wear/Tear
Chaos Warp
Deflecting Palm
Wild Richochet
Path to Exile
Swords to Plowshares
Oblation
Master Craft
Comeuppance
Silence/Orim's Chant
Angel's Grace
Deicide (Erase, the Urza's Legacy one, is better)
Eerie Interlude
Enlightened Tutor
Faith's Reward/Second Sunrise
Honor the Fallen
Lapse of Certainty
Make a Stand
Mana Tithe
Prismatic Strands
Tithe

Mardu-
Utter End
Anquished Unmaking
Terminate
Mortify

>tfw playgroup I'm in has only ever asked one person to not come back and it was because of spite scooping.

Pretty much only massive faggots will ever scoop to deny combat triggers or something, fuck those people.

No, she is just the latest in a long line of very easy to build precon generals that everyone is sick of seeing.

Not really. Her ability is strong but draws SO much hate that you rarely get to use it, even when just using it for silly fun stuff and not unfair tactics. Her strongest aspects are her keywords and the range of colors she gives access to, though the Partner pairings for those colors are just as good for a good stuff deck and much more reliable.

You got some good opinions

I've definitely seen people complain about kingmaking when they are about to die, but a lot of the people I play with are pretty darn salty so I'm sure they would find something else to blame their losses on so that they don't have to accept responsibility for their losses.

>myr
user you are a man of fine taste, i salute you.

Well what do you know. Guess i'm a plebian fat girl.

spiting the guy whos killing you is fine.

fucking over someone uninvolved as you die is dumb

Homarid Tribal

Lose some weight and I will pity fuck you if you have a nice face.

>lose weight

No thank you.

Shh! You're not allowed to upset the fragile psyche of the average fa/tg/uy by implicating women post outside of /srg/ and /WoDg/. They can't handle the reality of a women being able to deal with the Shit constantly posted on Veeky Forums, it breaks their fantasy of women and of ca/tg/irls.

Far better that they remain a far off myth than an ugly reality that's too close to home.

Oh god the white kniggers are out in force

Weak attempt

Nope, just Wayne. I'm insulting and annoying in a more general, across the board sense, not in a hyper-specific, sexist/anti-sexist way.

Like South Park, minus the occasional clever bits.

Just hang yourself my man

Gross

I also like to gobble down giant cocks and my ass is accustomed to house multiple BBCs at the same time