So, user, we heard you are into this bitcoin thing!

>So, user, we heard you are into this bitcoin thing!
>Of course, but not because of its speculative value. I truly believe in the power of the blockchain technology and how it will change our lives in the future.
>Oh, so how does that blockchain thing works?
How do you respond?

It's like accounting but fancier

It's like a block that's connected to another block hosted by strangers and checked by more strangers

>"user WTF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE INVESTING IN, BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD WW2, LISTEN TO MY FINANCIAL ADVICE THAT ISN'T RELEVANT ANYMORE BECAUSE WE RUINED THE ECONOMY"

> You will never be at a family gathering like this
No amount of crypto gains will fix my lack of a family

y-you too.

well basically-
>you give coinbase a thousand dollars
>then get 950$ worth of bitcoin
>which you send to YoBit
>wait two days
>great! your coin have arrived!
>now use your 376$ worth of bitcoin to buy magic internet beans
>send them to your bean wallet
>hooray you're sprouting!
>now watch them become worthless as bitcoin tumbles towards zero
:)

I have gatherings with the same amount of people but everybody looks depressed and sits in different parts of the house.

Especially my cousins, they're like 14 and holy shit are they autistic. I always thought I was bad because I sit online all day but these kids literally cannot communicate.

It's simple, it solves the Byzantine generals problem

You know all those things you think are of terrible importance? Governments, laws, banking, and stock markets? It is about to be disrupted much the same way as dozens of other industries have been disrupted by technology over the past decades, and in fact hundreds of years. This is just one more step in that cycle. And while we're on the subject, you've been laughing behind my back about this shit for five years, I know it, fuck you all. Either you see it now or you don't, but I'm not going to waste another second of my time trying to explain it to you.

>ywn have your coal burning cousin bring her nigger children and cuckold white bf into your own home to loudly and obnoxiously argue about nigger ball all night long
>ywn have your spinster aunt and senile grandpa sit around in your living room playing board games until 2am
>ywn have to listen to your female relatives all bitch and whine about Trump while your emasculated beta male relatives either say nothing or nod in agreement

You're not missing much.

kek

this guy listened to npr today

this

why is nobody eating the cranberry sauce

>>ywn have to listen to your female relatives all bitch and whine about Trump while your emasculated beta male relatives either say nothing or nod in agreement
I'd miss an excuse to wear my maga cap

me on the right

too spicy

>what it does is it records who owns something, and who it is transferred to. it keeps a record of this from the very beginning. so it's a a fancy accounting ledger, but everybody holds a copy at the same time.

i think i can answer what a blockchain is but have no clue what is good for aside from not being hackable. the absolute state of Veeky Forums investors

kek

The blockchain's basically a record of transactions everyone makes, and everyone can see these transactions for themselves to prove that they weren't fraudulent or anything.

>ywn have to listen to your female relatives all bitch and whine about Trump while your emasculated beta male relatives either say nothing or nod in agreement
I have the opposite of this problem. They all see him as the second coming of Jesus.

Not being hackable is it’s benefit think beyond simple transactions this is a way to make data so immutable that no single entity can corrupt it we can receive history in such a way that no single power can alter it for the foreseeable future and if it continues scaling and updating the data could stay pure indefinitely.