Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Mornin' booze edition

Prev. Thread: >Veeky Forumshammer 40k discord server
discord.gg/VcZNNd4

>FAQ (New FAQ), questionable rules lore wise:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old crap
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>List Builder
Canceled like the Dark Angels Heterosexual Speed Dating Night.

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for triggered by Guard with bad paintjobs.

Are these particularly common?

you will rarely run into bad paint jobs

That a taster cubbard what else do you eat whilst painting?

Thinking about starting a new army, AdMech is my favourite pick. Are they any fun to play?
I'd start with 3 start collecting boxes, any thoughts?

>TFW still more paint on them than 95% of the Tau armies out there

>deliberately trying to start Guard vs the thread shit
kill yourself

I collect Crons and my fiance collect dark eldar but i wamt to start collectkmg some SM or CSM. i like alpha legion fluff, but im afraid playing them may be boring as they dont have any special units or anything. What can I expect from them for 8th? Should I check out some other factions?

Am I just too obsessed with bad guys?

Inb4 alpha legion aren't bad guys

Im starting to become offended since it's always my shitty Guard he uses.

How many Techmarines is too many Techmarines?

Is there a lore based limitation on how many Conversion Beamers a chapter can field?
I know there isn't any sort of rules stipulation as far as that goes besides how many Techmarines you can field, since Master of the Forge no longer has a seperate stateline.

No one can really answer that yet. I would just wait until you see leaks.

Alpha Legion has always been more about having a certain play style rather than tons of special units/characters.
Infiltration, MSU, having multiple smaller threats that combined can take out almost anything, that sorta thing. The way I've always played my Alpha Legion is by fielding units equipped in such a way that they have tools for almost all types of targets, which most opponents find extremely annoying to play against because there isn't one clear target they can take out in order to protect their deathstar/big stompy model/other valuable thing.

Orruk™ Warboss user here.
I will not not convert him into Warboss on bike but I still find it pretty gut to let him ride on a chubby boar. How should I build a unit of 5 nobz to save some bits for a Warboss and a Nob with Waaagh! Banner convertion? I mean which weapons should I use on nobz and what should I left from nobz kit for the warboss and banner nob?

Its the same fucking guy who used to start Ork shitshows starting back when the Wulfen came out. He's just a sad falseflagging faggot, just ignore his posts and the replies

CSM are going to be getting a codex soon, and so are SM. Just buy the GWs MKIII and IV plastic kits and maybe some forgeworld bits and run them as either.

At least you've taken the time. I paint well, but i can't stand painting more than half and hour, nor frequently. Your effort is apreciated, user.

>Dark Manlets actually unironically fielding Deathwind and Ravenwing in the age of 6 Unkillable Quad Fusion Commander

Thanks for the EZ game, Gue'la.

The best bit to make a Waaagh banner is probably going to be one of the Big CHoppas that comes in the box

What kind of things made them different from the other chapters? Is it just the playstyle? What fluffy rules have they historically enjoyed?

Does anyone have the pdf for the Dark Imperium novel? I know I saw it floating around on here earlier...

Fuck my life, I just tallied up everything I need to do to "finish" the models I've collected over the past 4 years, I've been playing with a half painted half built army that long.

Think you're allowed as many tech marines as you want, they're not limited by the codex astartes.

And beamers are rare weapons, they probably have a lot, but not enough to use most of them if they ever lose or break them.

Sounds like somebody got his ass reamed by a DA army and is shitposting to hide the pain.

Never being able to get slay the warlord on Alpha Legion.

DIS ERE MEKKBOY SED E'S GONNA STIK SUM STUFF ON YER BORZ LEGZ SO HE RUNZ AS FAST AS A BIK DUZ, YA GIT

WOT YE SAY TO DAT?

see

>top right helmet
Looks like Clockwerk from Dota 2

Its just mind boggling to me. I intentionally rush my infantry (because fuck 70+ Guardsmen) and take my time with my Vehicles and 40-50mm guys. I have no illusions that any of it is good but apparently my fruit hangs lower than other "Guardfags"

Tau upgrade packs when?
At least restock the Farsight enclaves shoulder pads gw.
And Farsight. And all the named characters, seriously what the hell.

>Implying DA are the lowest tier in 8th
>Implying they will ever get out of the index

Buttblasted GayMarines ;^)

Guard players are the only ones who finish their armies. They also seem to be the only ones who consistently play.

Also get to take chosen as troops and everybody gets infiltrate

Was it just the commanders or did you field his flamer bodyguard too?

Man, Tau are so salty they're barely mid tier now.

Well, I have a model with a banner to convert but I'm not sure if I should "sacrifice" a slugga to make a kustom shoota I don't even know how the fuck these weapons are looking desu

The use of cultists (before they had their own unit entry and models) and being able to infiltrate infantry. Alpha Legion has always been light on special snowflake rules, and the only special units they've had are in 30k (which no one ever uses because they're the worst units of that game) It's more of a DIY legion

It'll be interesting to see how/if this translates over to 8th.

>he buys bitz instead of maiking his own

I do like DIY and kitbashing and stuff. I think I may stick with it.

literally however you want, take an extra magazine/clip from another shoota and glue it onto the housing of the gun sticking out sideways.

It's super simple

>Riptide barely mid tier now

FTFY.

Kustom shootas are just the twin linked shootas the AoBR Warboss uses.

I just love killing 400 conscript / game

An Exalted Sorcerer and Ahriman gain the Daemon keyword when upgraded with a disc. Does that mean they also gain Ephemeral Form for also having the Tzeentch keyword?

I'm interested to see what the undivided legions get in the codex. Hopefully something close to traitor legions, I want my fast bezerkers back.

No, stop cheating

No, because they still lack the special rule in their unit entry. Fateweaver also didn't have it untill they added it through the FAQ

What sub factions can I hope for in the Drukhari codex at Christmas time? I'm hope it's not just a split between Kabal, Wych Cult and Coven and that there's seperate versions of each though I don't know how they'll do it.

What the fuck is this shit?

ephemeral form is not a keyword but rather an ability.

supply has run out so theyre gonna make some more but you could still find it in the shop

Who was wrong here?

Appears to be a Carnifex

Lorgar.

That's no longer available online! Not just temporarily out, but apparently not coming back!

People took the money they made selling their unpainted Riptides on Ebay to the GW store to buy their new Carnifexes and GW ran out.

Huh, so I will left him as he is but I will use a cybork head for him and glue a shoota on his back when I buy a boyz box. what about nobz and the warboss? What is the best gear for them?

They took all the Orks too

>tfw all my LGS has left is two gaunts/gargoyles boxes and a couple hive tyrants.

Apologists, ladies and gents. I bet all your armies look just as ass

Tyranids and Orks after Death Guard then?

Would it be crazy to make alpha legion marines in non-chaos armor? Without the horns and such? Since they are known for sneaky tactics and being I disguise?

I'm assuming it's because nids got a big boost lately so tons of people are buying them. Helps that the models are pretty dope.

Don't pay attention he's autistic. Your guard look pretty good and 75% of shit I see is unpainted anyway so you are doing great lmao. Even if they were painted badly it wouldn't matter, some people are into this hobby for the gaming primarily, some for the painting and modeling, and some for the lore and just to have fun. It's all good.

Used to be all Power Klaws but that is way too fucking expenisve

Id recommend a mix of Big Choppas, Regular Choppas and 1 Klaw. Klaw for the Boss as well

Warboss seems deadly with a klaw, but if you don't want to hit on 3s then you give him a big choppa. Gets him up to 8 strength, good rend and 2 damage.

Nob squads I usually put in one klaw, usually the boss, two big choppas for heavy hitting and the rest choppas. If you're not starved for points just use all big choppas and a klaw or add more klaw for more heavy hitting if you're facing a lot of tough armor or tanks.

Post body

Necron player here, I love painting and basing my army.

But as far as consistently playing, I only wish I could. No friends play. I've probably played 2 games of 8th by convincing my girlfriend to play

You mean uh pre-heresy alpha legion?

There's no such thing.
t. cogboy

storm bolter or heavy stubber for guard vehicles? -1 to hit for heavy and moving, but longer range although higher points cost, opinions?

Hazards are still better for 3+ or better save stuff.

Forgot to mention, if you're REALLY starved for points but still want good rends, use power stabbas. Someone said it's the cyborg spear arm, but I suggest stolen power swords or sword choppas it's sparky bitz glued on.

I bought some shit from Elite Games and they said I'm looking at a 2-week delay for some Death Company marines, because GW have been seriously not pumping out shit at the moment. Fucking annoying - means I'm gonna have to substitute them with another tac squad for the local tourney and I forfeit a CPS since I can't fill my Vanguard slots.

I can only speculate but I think they've diverted a lot of their resources to making bulk batches of these new Primaris and DG kits that a lot of their less popular shit is falling behind on supply.

Did they stop all of the cloak and dagger stiff post-heresy? I would prefer to keep current time period I just don't like the chaos aesthetic sometimes and I honestly feel like the big showy horns are a little bit opposite of the Alphas sneaky MO

Alpha Legion are arguably one of the best ones for not using non-chaos armour.

No game store to go to? If you do visit the store, leave the girl behind.

It just ends up badly if you've never been there.

Storm Bolter is better. BS5+ is shit. Stubber for Pask or Tank Commander since it will be BS3+ and BS4+ on the move for them.

Storm Bolter also gets more shots up close, so it's better on Chimeras or Taurox/Taurox Primes because then you can fire a bunch of shots up close, charge with the Chimera after you unload.

The Alpha Legion's cloak and dagger got even worse post heresy, to the point where it is doubtfull that all AL know what they all are up to. They've even succesfully replaced a lord inquisitor with one of their agents.

I've been to GW a few times, she's been with once or twice. It's pretty hit or miss with it either being dead, or a large group that seems kinda cliquey. Maybe I'm just to shy haha

Well then that settles it I'll be making some non-chaos chaos marines.

I never understood that some marines would sit there and make their armor look "evil". Black Legion? Word Bearers? Red Corsairs? Sure, why not. I can buy that.

But why the fuck are frothing, raging madmen going to sit there and embellish their armor with spikes and gilding the edges of their armor and making scary faces on their knee pads when instead they'd rather just massacre everything in sight, then go massacre everything in sight somewhere else? I doubt even the Iron Warriors would make themselves spiky. They're too busy making shit be as functionally FUCK YOU as possible to have evil spikes. Function over form.

Storm Bolter. No moving penalty and an additional shot within 12" range.

Except you're talking about a Basilisk or other Artillery, of course, where you should take neither.

We had an autistic dude accompanied by his girlfriend in our FLGS few weeks ago, he took a whole hour to come in and ask someóne for a game.

What about the range? Lot of vehicles, esp tanks have far greater range than 24 or 12 to get into rapid fire, so it be better to actually get those shots, even if you have to move around for positioning. Last ed heavy stubbers were better and look cooler too, you could even put the heavy weapons team shield on them, and probs closer to fluff

Using what rules though?

I don't play them myself, but I do know that Onagers are the best tanks in the game right now if given neutron lasers, and the infiltrators are fantastic.

Gameplay wise they are pretty standard, loads of cheap infantry backed by heavy vehicles.

Probably alpha legion, assuming their rules aren't garbage when they come out

Na, it actually makes more sense to do so, seeing as they don't hang out in the eye.

I bet ive got thousands upon thousands of well painted orks because im not a WAAC army swapping shit posting bait tier faggot like you.

No youre not getting pictures fuck you.

>power stabbas. Someone said it's the cyborg spear arm
Not gonna lie - I have a problem with working out how some weapons look like. Bu thanks for advice

Well I'm pretty sure the World Eaters' armor is possessed to look that way. Like they splattered so much blood on their armour that Khorne thought, "yeah, I dig that" and planted a Daemon onto the armour. That's where the trim and the faces come from and everything else is just dried blood the Marines splatter onto their armour thanks to their Chainswords and -axes.

With Orks it doesnt really matter what they look like, I have no idea what Power Stabbas look like either

4 U

And?

Haha. Well when you're not used to the community, and only communicate with the community through Veeky Forums, sometimes you may be afraid they will be hostile to newbies so I can see why he may have been nervous. Especially with a girl with him. But he is better off than me, I've never played a stranger

And what? I was just commenting on it.

Do I have to add two big shootas to the point cost for Zhadsnark da Ripper or do named HQs get a pass for point cost?
Also there is no mention of 'ard case for battlewagons in the xenos 2 book point cost page but In the ork wargear section in forgeworld book they are 3 points.
What da fuck I do about that?

Kharn is bald?