What will your character do when he retire from adventuring?

What will your character do when he retire from adventuring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QspZZcIEI
youtube.com/watch?v=gEDOMaTOSGE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She wants to retire from shadowrunning to become a shrine maiden, have her obvioius cyberware removed, and have a daughter.

No, she doesn't understand what 'maiden' means.

Probably go back home and make them all pay for kicking him out, then settle down with his dragon waifu.

Become the next BBEG.

*que theme* youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QspZZcIEI

He retired after the adventure was finished, being a bounty hunter until he set up some business, then he enjoyed a life full of booze and whores until he got some incurable sickness and died because the GM rolled on a table to see how he would die.

She wants to find a nice, quiet magical nature spot to set down roots and protect, maybe even take on an apprentice to carry out her Oath of the Ancients, like a prettier Yoda.

Marry his bevolved, have a ton of kids and start a academy for training the next generation of Paladins, until he can hand the academy off to a successor. Then spend his remaining days growing his garden.

>Oath of Ancients
My ally in green!

I like that

You'll end up living in the swamp with Shrek

Die because he would have accomplished his goals and the last goal is to finally take his own life.

Dead people can't do anything user. He never was the one to stop halfway and he made too many if not enemies than at least rivals in his life. The only way he is settling down is if someone nails him to a metal slab (He probably will be able to break stone one).

Go back to and work at her human foster father's inn/tavern, perhaps eventually taking it over if/when he dies. At least for a few decades, anyway. Eventually she'd probably want to go back out into the world and adventure again.

>Dead people can't do anything
Necromancers disagree

No retirement for someone who lives forever. Non-natural death is inevitable.

Green knights best knights

Most recent character isn't really the happy ending type. Probably dies heroicly, or lives long enough to become someone else's BBEG

Then they are not properly dead. You need to kind of have some standards. Spreading ashes over a continent is a minimum. And he pissed of enough people for some pretty creative solutions to possible resurrections.

Be in five or six movies worse than one animated in 1977

The moment my character takes Strahd's life, the dark power he made a deal with will take his. That was the set upon deal.

All he just wanted was to be a hero, then finally be able to go home and be a family man after all of the blood he had to shed.

The hardest part about being a knight in shining armor is getting the blood stains out of the armor.

What? No it's not. Water and polish. Easy.

In the land of Barovia, the dead do not forget

Well, he's fallen in love with the elf of the party. So either that goes through, or he spends the rest of his life being bitter to hide the fact that he's sad.

My most recent character isn't an adventurer. Just a guy doing a dangerous job. His retirement would be a simple retirement to live out the rest of his life on what he put aside for retirement.

My most recent adventurer didn't survive the death of the BBEG. We had caused the anti-matter containment on the BBEGs ship to start to fail and had the choice between fleeing in an escape pod or staying to make sure that the BBEG's crew didn't prevent the containment failure at the last second. My PC was one of the two that stayed, the other two got to the escape pod.

Oddly enough, over the course of the campaign I've come to realize that there have been eerie similarities between my character and Strahd. As if he was the same side of a different coin.

Have an arranged marriage to a hsuband that will bring something useful to her House and chill out on her estate and have a bunch of kids.

Sounds like Barovia needs more/better necromancers and/or exorcists ?

Then no better a place to hone one's skills than within the Shadowfell (You're own personal Silent Hill)

Spending her time creating harmless curses to get back at the party fighter harassing her all the time, regardless of how much she uses her magic to protect and heal him.

Isn't silent hill everyone's personal silent hill?

Might try his hands a politics. Being a spy has helped him make a lot of useful contacts, with very little being actually known about himself. Coruscanti politics can be plenty dangerous though...

He will drop back into obscurity, taking on the role of observer and chronicler of history as the world continues to grow and change around him and his Gaira Dragon waifu
Also put in work as official Gatekeeper, when Gaia gets recognized as a Netherworld by the Dark Assembly.

Decompose

youtube.com/watch?v=gEDOMaTOSGE

Underrated post

Settle down with his immense fortune after creating a vast shipping empire. Pass the wealth down to his children and grandchildren, one of which shares his wanderlust and thirst for adventure.

Walk out into the desert one day to face his father's judgement, and never look back.

He's only on this quest because the party leader knocked him out and conscripted him. They needed an alchemist, and he was going to kill himself anyway. If they'd asked what happened to his father, they'd have let him do it.

He's faithfully serving the oath he gave his close friend the king, and the oath he gave the princess. But being on the run from the usurper's forces at such an old age is wearing on him. His position was afforded by way of friendship, loyalty, and nobility, not due to extraordinary skill. He was the head of his family, which was a part of the lower nobility. When he fled the capital with the princess in opposition to the usurper, his family was forced to disavow him while giving many concessions. He feels there's nothing left for him or the princess there, and wished they would abandon their adventurous beggaring to find an ally to seat her on the throne. He wants to retire in a farming community or other peaceful place, far from the city streets where he grew up. He spent much of his middle ages penning memoirs (uninteresting tomes of lesser penmanship) of his soldier days and would like to try his hand at a compendium of his life. Regardless of his retirement activities, his health is failing and he's not long for this world.

Hopefully return back to her destroyed kingdom and spend the rest of her life building it back up, or at least set a great foundation for the future if she dies of old age in the process.

Live in his castle and fuck the girls he's picked up over the course of his adventures.

Well, the adventure was the only driving force in his life after escaping the enslavement he was practically born into. Probably spend his material wealth really poorly, become an alcoholic, and die in a gutter somewhere.

Be so goddamn confused that nothing has killed him by now.

I guess marry into nobility and have kids.

Other character will start a school to pass on her teachings and have kids.

Is his dad dead? Why's he letting a ghost judge him? Did he kill him by accident?

My character is a hedge knight, he hopes to distinguish himself and be granted a minor lord ship somewhere sunny where it's not raining all the time and they have good food and the women are ever so free with their affection.

Based on our campaigns progress he's more likely to end up in a poorpers grave from disease or stray arrow. Like two of previous of our companions.

Open a string of FLGS's. Friendly Local Gear Shops, each being _'s FLGS, where each blank is one of his adventuring buddies who died. Keep the adventurers supplied, and keep the memory of his buddies alive while making some money.

She a Troll?

Retired to a small boom town and opened a shop where he sells random junk he found in his adventures and supplies from people and traders he met.

Become the leader of the followers of the god that he is worshipping and get lots of money, booze and wenches to worship his dick.

Basically live a life of luxury like he is supposed to do with all of his money and all the favors that he is owed.

Probably tend to the farm until his time comes and he can see his daughter again.

He has no intention of living to see retirement. To him the experience of adventure is worth more than a mundane existence, even if it kills him.

She would love nothing more than to return to the Order Famulous but she knows this will not happen. Not only did she fail in her duty, but she is now changed, a psyker in service to the Inquisition. She will complete her penance and if by some miracle she lives, likely serve out the rest of her life in the Inquisition until it is claimed by some cosmic horror or mundane ganger.

Have a happy life in the city with the missus. Do occasional fights and maybe some bounty-hunting to keep them funded. Find a young'un in a rough way and be the Rocky to his Donnie. Go to all his arena fights, cheer him on, and eventually pass on in peace.

She's a cleric, sent out to investigate something for ger temple. If she survives, she'll presumably go back to teaching at said temple

>join the military for steady pay and with a commission

>do as her mentor did, settle down in a small village and train the next generation of kids on what it means to be a Paladin

>make the antiquarian side-business a full time thing and occasionally pop into the the police station to harangue people still

No, just not very bright or well-read. All her points went into murder, and not being a hobo.

>retire from adventuring
>not using your lvl20 wizard powers to traverse the multiverse and into epic levels
>become a god in my own right
>crate demiplanes filled with blackjack and hookers
>troll the fuck out of other puny gods planes >sometimes playing the BBEG, sometimes the DMPC mentor, or sometimes the magical girl.

step up sempai.

Currently playing two characters in a Final Fantasy campaign.

Half-elf Red Mage has a seat lined up for him in the Knights of the Round at the recommendation of their god Odin, so he's got a cushy life as a politician ahead of him. Probably would end up spending his free time trying to pick up chicks as usual.

Viera White Mage's church is sort of a shitshow at the moment from their ritual to resurrect their deity (Phoenix) being sabotaged and used to resurrect a false god (Amaterasu) who is less than benevolent. Luckily, she's imprisoned in the inner-most shrine of the church, so she can't really cause any trouble, other than pestering the low-ranking priests around to let her out (which they don't have the power to do anyway).

If she could get the whole mess settled out without the religion absolutely falling apart, she'd likely take her position as high priestess, and possibly settle down with a Bard NPC she sort of has a thing for.

Probably slowly die in the wilderness after getting his ass beat by bandits; however, he may jump at the chance of being immortalized as a legend such that he can be summoned Fate-style in the future (i.e. another campaign wherein he'd be an NPC) as a familiar of an individual of exceptional willpower.

One of my characters actually go to retire.

Being a wizard researcher, he went to go and write a research paper about his adventure, then several follow-up papers on magical events he encountered. He's also raising an immortal dragon who recently reincarnated, and sort of accidentally became a dragon himself due to using true polymorph for too long.

The other players in the party made fun of me for being really boring, since they "play D&D to get away from college, not to write papers". That made me kind of sad.