I'm sure this question has already been asked to death on here but what systems would y'all suggest to try and capture...

I'm sure this question has already been asked to death on here but what systems would y'all suggest to try and capture the feeling of the Fate/ universe whether it's Masters and Servants or people taking on the characteristics of Servants themselves?

I'd imagine the go to would be 5e but I'm not too familiar with modifying existing systems yet so I wanted to know what advice/suggestions others might have

>5e
ha ha what the fuck

You want something more generic. >obligatory GURPS suggestion

Uhhhhh. The only thing that comes to mind for high powered crazy stuff in modern setting with less powerful people pairing up with the powerful ones would be to wait for scion 2e and then hack the shit out of it

I've tried running an experimental system and honestly it's hard as fuck. Having players controlling both masters and servants makes it hard for them to rp two different beings at the same time, having them play only one of the roles makes it too much arbitrary for the DM, having couples of players doing each one of the roles seems like the best idea, but... It's still really difficult.
Go for a generic system, be strict on the level of magic allowed, make an adaptation of the HGW system rather than just transposing its rules.
But mostly, good fucking luck.

My go-to systems are FATE and GURPS, depending on whether we want to play something simulationist or something more narrative and possibly lighter. Either of the two would work.

Beating FATE into shape would probably work though you'd end up making up a lot of shit as you go along. I've heard arguments for Wild Talents also, but that's a very fiddly, crunchy system - you end up with hard and fast numbers on things like "Excalibur has a range of exactly 5,000 feet - unless you take this one extra which means you can spend points to make it go more" so you have to get really in to all the details to very exacting circumstances or just accept the rules are gonna get in your way sometimes. I presume GURPS is a similar problem from how I've heard it described.

Or do like said and wait for the new edition of Scion and just bend it to shape.

For scenario stuff, best advice I've heard is having players portray both a Master and a Servant (but not their own) - that's a bit more workload for people but still fairly solid roles and maybe not doubling up in some scenes. The other thing is steal from /Apocrypha (anime airing now) and contrive a reason to do a 7 on 7 war so you are not immediately bogged down in a PVP slugfest or have to constantly deal with Servants giving each other the side-eye because per the rules you should be fighting (and even if not, odds servants are of compatible personalities normally seems slim) right out the gate.

>fate
why are newfags so obssessed with this? battle royales are insanely hard to translate into a TRPG format. try reading the rest of the nasuverse and do a campaign based off of that instead. tsukihime and kara no kyokai are great basises for that, not fucking fateshit

Because it's popular. Fallout and Pokemon don't make good campaigns either but look how many people want to play a tabletop game in those settings.

Fallout is fine because you can make an openworld game more or less in the setting and work fine. Hell, the games even have RPG mechanics ripped straight from GURPS. Pokemon is a harder case to make, but that's more of a "dude let's make this RPG from my childhood into a system" like the LoZ system. But the Nasuverse CAN work in a TRPG, but people just don't because Fate is all normies know

Well to be perfectly honest it's because the Fate Mobile game dropped recently and my group of friends are just talking a lot about it right now

Grand Order actually has a decent set up for a campaign too - you travel history unfucking "grail wars" which shouldn't exist. Just slot in the PCs as more than 1 mage who survived the Chaldea dust-up and summoned some servants and roll with ti.

Oh hey cool it's the next Nasuthread I was gonna make once but I wanted to cool it a bit after the last one hit bump limit

CAMPAIGN IDEA'S
SYSTEM IDEA'S
SERVANT/HEROIC SPIRIT IDEAS
MAGE FAMILY IDEAS
WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR WITH THE HOLY GRAIL?

>newfags

Fate threads are nothing new. And the answer is "Historical Figure Pokemon"

>And the answer is "Historical Figure Pokemon"

I rolled Jeanne earlier today in the gacha - I will be happy probably for the rest of the week.

Apocrypha style would work too, with the DM being the enemy faction.

>Siegfried has bonuses against dragon types
>Mordred, like Arthur, is a Dragon Type
>still getting his ass slapped

Sumanai

but that's incredibly restrained and allows almost zero freedom for storytelling and worldbuiling.
you know someone is a newfag when they start talking about Fate rather than the Nasuverse

I seriously want to play a game in the Nasuverse

I want to play as a group of Enforcers being sent after Dead Apostles, I want to get stomped on by an Ancestor, I want to meet Shiki (male), I want to do research at the Clocktower, I want to make a pseudo-grail war with my mates that gets invaded by outsiders, I want to be a heretic being hunted by the Church, I want to get a Sealing Designation, I want to hunt heretics for the Church, I want to cook curry, I want to be an alchemist of Atlas, I want to experiment on hydra husks, I want to meet an autistic sword, I want to become a Dead Apostle, I want to pass on my family's crest to a worthy heir through eugenics, I want to meet Dirty Re-

Definately go with a narrative system. In the the end, the less rules you actually need to implement the better. I ran a pretty successful Grail War Hong Kong game using a completely wrong system that worked well due to the players. It was initially planned to be Apocraphy style with 3 master/player pairs (6 players total) but after a pair of players dropped the duo pairs got to split screen time. Shuten got neglected a bit unfortunately. This game was set up in a series format for sessions with a general pace planned ahead of time and I believe having a projected beginning-climax-ending for the entire campaign is important. Make it important for characters to have flair.

Having people play a different master and servant is a great idea actually. It helps solve a lot of the balancing problems inherent in the setup.

Wait a second, where's Chiron?

>you know someone is a newfag when someone talks about the most wellknown aspect of a property rather than the niche shit only represented in VN's and an old SNES fightan game

/a/ go

Chiron doesn't have a card in FGO yet. I'd bet there will be some tie-in to Apocrypha with that anime coming out which will round out the like handful of servants missing from that entry in the franchise into the game - probably with rate ups for the ones that are already.

Exalted.

Pic related or else Mutants & Masterminds, Valor, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, or even Fate itself strangely enough.

Well fuck, that's a shame, he's pretty awesome. I'd have assumed that all the already canon servants would have been in the game at this point. At least it means that they're being pretty generous with new characters, which is always fun and exciting.

Get in the box.

Side comment but I wish more games tried to have a simulationist bedrock with narrativist mechanics built on top of them.

I'm sorry I'm not a newfag like yourself. Sounds like something like /r/Fate might be more your speed.

OVA use fucking OVA for anything related to anime and stop asking this each week

OVA's mission statement is fucking impossible, no system will be the best for running every type of anime. That's like making a system for running books or movies. All it guarantees is weebshit.

So how's the best way to differentiate servants and masters?

Should the players be active in trying to kill each other or should it be some form of alliance going on?

Kamigakari actually has "Heroic Spirit" as a PC Race, as well as race + class choices to simulate almost everything Type Moon related, including MEoDP

I have never understood why people get obsessed with the nasuverse. The grail wars are among the few things I find entertaining in that setting. People like different things, but I don't see any good hooks.
This is coming from a decade long f/a/ggot if that makes a difference.
I keep hearing about this, but I've yet to check it out.

>154 cm
>42 kg

haha, holy shit

Mutants and Masterminds might be able to do it.

Have a low PL sidekick as the Master, and make the main character the Servant.

Or, have a humanish person as the Master, and a Summon power for the Servant.

Savage Worlds? Make Servants the maximum power tier and with some additional exp, graft your own noble phantasm system into it and have Masters begin as novices.

>All it guarantees is weebshit
What is anime?

Weebshit, but it's a bunch of DIFFERENT weebshit.

The same system isn't going to be as efficient as a more specific system at running fantasy, mecha, gunslinger, post-apocalyptic, and typical shonen battle shit.

What is GURPS?

>isn't going to be as efficient as a more specific system

Catch-all systems are a last resort and everybody fucking knows it.

Yeah, it's better to shoehorn everything into DnD, 3.5 preferably

I suspect OVA doesn't have 30 years worth of splats.

Also, while GURPS pays lip service to tropes of different genres by including "genre rules" that modify how the world works, it still remains a mainly simulationist system, which I personally despise.

So what's the deal with Alters?

"What if?" servants.

Then why are they all evil versions of regular servants?

A lot of those "What ifs" generally involve repressed anger or alternate perception, like Arthur being a tyrant

I just want to summon the heroic spirit of chesty puller

>"chesty" puller, Himmelmann, Simo Häyhä, Havildar Lachhiman Gurung and Claus von Stauffenberg are summoned for the holy war.

It involves less 1 on 1 battles and more tactical carpet bombing than ever before.

Simo Hayha is a fucking meme and anyone who wants him outright deserves to get put in a gulag

>impling that having him well known would't make him stronger as spirit.

SOMEONE STAT THIS
MY NIGGA

>Himmelmann
Forgive me user but who?

Assasin =claus?
Rider= red baron?
Berseker baron ungrum von Sternberg?
Archer: white death?
Saber : mad jack?
Lancer : Winston Churchill?

I'd take Simo over yet another 'dude what if Hitler was a heroic spirit?'

Good ideas all, but we're short a Caster.

William Lyon Mackenzie King?
Rasputin?

Maybe Patton?
WAIT HOLY SHIT I'VE GOT IT! OPPENHEIMER

>all these faggots posting modern servants

Don't you know the cut off is basically 1930 unless you killed a god or something? Idiots

It's fanfiction, we can do what we fucking like.

Characters from modern times have actual records so they can't be asspulled gender bent and waifued

>1930 cutoff
>EMIYA and Mash become find a way

What did he mean by this, Veeky Forums?

Dude, I'm not even him. I love the idea of servants from the 19th and 20th centuries.

But even I know that that's a stupid fucking argument when both EMIYAs are counter guardians and Mash is a demi-servant.

>Literally any D&D or similair game.
>Instead of the servant classes use the names of the classes in the game.
>Add overpowered magic items.

Servants, uh, find a way

Yeah and neither do they have time to get enough REGEND

As much as I hate Simo and Hitler, they're good candidates for modern servants just because of the amount of ridiculous REGEND attached to them

Chesty Puller? US Armed forces wank, who gives a flying shit

Fist of all the entire United States Marine Corps cares
Second of all are you so autistic about thus cool idea of a setting ruined by Jap's rules that they just threw out the window with the release of the mobile game that you have to burst in on some anons brainstorming and having fun to tell us we are wrong?

The entire United States Marine Corps are a bunch of faggots who obsess over their own shit because every single unique though gets purged out with pointless marine corps historical trivia.

No one who actually matters cares.

I can't quite place my finger on it, but you seem like a meathead racist. Well, don't be.

They can't become heroic spirits because 1) not enough mystery and 2) guns take no skill in the Nasuverse.

You mean the japs who made the setting and its rules?

Gee user, did the marines teach you to be this retarded, or did you end up that way yourself?

Hitler would only be eligible for caster and would have the fucking lance of Longinus as a magical staff

Simply because all the mystery comes from nazi ufos and high kraut magic

Yeah japs was a bit much I just love history and myth so much that since it's clear they did do the research and should know better the fact they just threw accuracy casually out the window makes me irrationally mad

It's a different universe you retard, their historical figures and myths are different.

Your entire purpose Marine is to soak up bullets so that the Army doesn't have to, that was why your branch was created, I hope you knew that trivia.

Hey what if the anons who want to brainstorm 20th century heroic spirits can do so knowing it's not canon and never will be and the anons who don't want to do that talk about something else?

>high kraut magic
>get completely bamboozled by one Hungarian magus with sub-par Circuits

Forum drama.

Fate isn't about history. It's an urban fantasy setting where myths are true, including dragons. magic swords, and Herakles, Medea, and Medusa as heroic being summoned in the first story.

If you're gonna include a historical figure, it's gonna be based on those rumors and legends that got attached to them, like Mozart sold his soul to the devil to weave magic into his music.

It seems that's actually happening, albeit the other topics seem to be racism and the infamous interservice rivalry of the US.

Such is the nature of advanced kraut magecraft

>Fallout doesn't make good campaigns
What? Fallout started out as a GURPS computer game.

Do a round robin. Everyone makes a Servant and a Master, but then passes their Servant to the player sitting next to them for them to play.

We seem to have stalled on a caster
Any ideas?
Ignore Hitler of course
Oppenheimer sound good?
How would we stat them

Any one got any ideas for good avenger-eligible servants? I know they're edgy as hell, but I need one for a thing I'm doing

The guy who tried to stop the My Lai Massacre

From Greek Mythology
Medusa and the Gorgon sisters as the monsters. The Son of the King of Minos if you alter the interpretation. Grendel if you go by certain interpretations.

Weren't they for boarding actions in sailing ships?
Are you thinking of the French Foreign Legion?

Oops, Grendel is FAR from greek mythology. My bad.

Oppenheimer sounds terrific for Caster. Einstein is an obvious choice, but maybe a little too on the nose. But ultimately I'd go with Max Planck. He effectively reshaped Alaya in a way none of the others did; he may not be he most famous, but he's the quintessential Caster of the 20th century.

I was talking the modern iteration of the US Marines their purpose is bullet soaking, every essential personnel for actually fighting the war is in the Army. I'm not saying Marines are bitches by any stripe but they're unrestrained killers whereas the Army is more surgical and thoughtful in the way they operate.

Interesting never heard of him
Being obscure could be an interesting character trait with him sick of being forgotten in favour if Einstein and Oppenheimer

The minotaur?

He's already a servant as well, as it happens.

It doesn't matter either way as the current working list excludes him. Any feedback/ ideas as an user I assume is an army dude?

He's the father of quantum theory.

You've never heard the words Planck's Constant? it's quite literally at the center of any and all research into the nature of quantum physics.
I'm not an Army dude, I've just researched our military a lot, and have former Army family members. But feedback/ideas on what specifically? Modern military servants?

I looked him up and he seems cool but since being heard of is part of the spirit requirement I think he's out Einstein could work though he hatred violence and not sure he would want to be a heroic spirits

No I haven't I know a lot of history but jack about physics and yeah on the working list of memetic/ famous / archtypical twentieth century dudes preferably related to the world wars

I've never heard of Diarmuid before he appeared on F/Z, and I think Max is less obscure than he is.

Good point but he at least was part of a group and old.myth line one of the knight of round table even if individualy obscure can piggy back on the fame of other members

MacArthur, Eisenhower, Teddy Roosevelt, are three off the top of my head, and Roosevelt would fit the Pre-1930 req.