Critical Role Thread

Place your bets, will it be another 4 hours of nothing, or will something interesting happen?

Will Matt ever let someone finally die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BndQrmT_ytg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Will Matt ever let someone finally die?
Lolno. He can't because of the format of the show.

You realize it's all fake and scripted, like wrestling, right?

It'll be 4 hours of:

"Oh great and powerful X, we need your boon to defeat Vecna"
>Okay. Go do Y for me
"But I don't want to do Y. Can't you see how important this is?"
>Okay roll charm
>NAT 20 LULULU
>Okay here is a boon

Rinse, repeat.

>Will Matt ever let someone finally die?

I fucking wish.

>Playing character who's a vaguely-defined Foreigner, let DM decide what country I'm from (Game has various settings exist as their own continent)
>Evidently I'm from the country/continent Critical Role is in
>I have never seen even a second of it before

Google doesn't have any good results, does anyone have any resources for a summary of the game setting? I'd like to at least know a little bit about my supposed "homeland".

i'm sure there's a critical role wiki

also, the dm of this game is going to publish a critical role campaign setting soon

Best you're going to get is the CR wiki

>all this tumblr fanart in the pre-stream
I think i'm going to puke.

about 10% of it is really good

that purple and pink one with all of the guest players looks cool but it passes too quickly to see the artist name

but yeah, 90% of it is obvious virtue signaling

>liam can't steal the scene as easily now

good

geek and sundry shitting itself

>but yeah, 90% of it is obvious virtue signaling

Not that guy, but what kills me is when they make the white-skinned characters like Scanlan, Pike, Vax, Vex, and Keyleth, dark-skinned. But never Percy.

don't you know user? you can't have a morally questionable character be dark skinned, that's racist!

Fuck off with the announcements already. You made us wait 30 minutes just to get the damn program started and shit is STILL fucking up.

Scanlan lived a year in Not!Arabia, so that's sorta justified for him to be well-tanned.
Pike is a Deep Gnome, so they're all wrong, white and brown alike. She should be grey.
Half-elves are tricky. Twins are probably supposed to be outright Caucasian; but Vesra, Keileth's hometown, is supposed to be southeastern-ish, so anything probably goes.

>Pike is a Deep Gnome

Holy shit, really?

You'd think with all those shekels they'd have working equipment and the ability to actually set up and test things ahead of time.

Yeah, I seriously don't know what the fuck is going on there. This shit happens every week.

Yeah I learned that after watching this for years only a few weeks ago
He said us gnomes hang in the forest, but she gets offended because she's a deep gnome.

I thought she was a rock gnome, honestly.

She says "Her ancestors were a family of deep gnomes with quite an unfavorable reputation" back in the original intro with PCs introductions.

pike is a smerf?

>stealing shit on the god's plane

are they actually that dumb or do they think they can get away with being so greedy? you'd think vex would have learned by now

That purple people eater has substantially more than one eye. It has a conspicuous number of eyes.

what are the chances they get in a fight with a solar

i wonder how in character these people actually are

is marisha actually a dolt and is laura actually that greedy?

What do you guys WANT to see them play in the next campaign? Not what you THINK they'll play, but what you'd WANT them to play.

>Travis
Dwarf Battlemaster (seeing him play a short but intelligent martial compared to the big dumb brute that is Grog is something I want to see)
>Sam
Human Wizard, no explanation necessary.
>Liam
Aasimar Cleric (something not edgy and with more focus on spells, since he seems scared of spells)
>Laura
Tiefling Warlock/Sorcerer
>Marisha
Human Sorcerer (I just want her to stay away from anything related to Wisdom and I don't want to see her use the "low CHA" excuse a second time)
>Ashley
Half-Orc Barbarian, self explanatory
>Taliesin
High Elf Devotion Paladin (I want to see him play something completely opposite of Percy

shadowrun instead of generic fantasy they already did every highlight of by now

>shadowrun

it'll definitely still going to be in the same world, it'll probably be a "20 years after Vox Machina" deal

i just want everyone to play what they should
marisha should be a barbarian, travis should be an eldritch knight, sam needs to stay as a bard, laura should be a rogue, and talisan should be a monk

>be a cleric
>in the realm of the god you worship
>cant even properly fucking pray to your god still

just put ashley down

I want to see them play starfinder when it comes out. i'm tired of fantasy.

OKAY we fucking get it, is the whole episode going to be them figuring out how to fucking walk? riveting viewing experience!

I wonder what Pike's boon will be.

>my lady, I am your humble servant. Lend me your power so that I may smite your foe

>yo saranrae ive always believed in you a lot wow this is so cool can you help me pls?

i dont usually dislike ashley but damn

DIVINE BLESSING INCOMING

I tried listening to their first episode.

Do they ever did their horrible audio problems?

I can't stand all of the distortion from the audio "red-lining".

>fixing this is EXTREMELY simple with any audio/video editing software.

>did*

*fix

WTF autocorrect?

Bro, Travis needs to play a caster of some kind. It would absolutely break the game.

Marisha is just widely considered to be the worst part of the show, and in a truly just world, she won't be on the next campaign.

audio improves steadily after the first arc or so, which is around ep 11 or 12. the first eps were still on the shitty GnS recorders they had before CR really got the ball rolling

>Marisha

What's wrong with her face?

>What's wrong with her face?
Kentucky

God I want to see Travis as something smart but he plays stupid so amazingly

Maybe a Wild Magic Sorcerer?

Autism

Travis-anything that has to think, wizard, sorcerer, or rouge.

Sam- someone who takes command probably battle master or Paladin

Liam- Not edgy, so lawful good cleric

Laura- not annoying, so warlock or something

marish-death, if not anything that doesn't talk so champion fighter or barbarian so she doesn't RP as much as humanly possible

Ashley- out of the comfort zone so something in the face or more chaotic so maybe a mad wizard or something

Tailesin- not a gunslinger and not a noble.

nothing really "wrong" with her face it's just off, and she's a fucking idiot so there's that.

i like this tree lol

Dick Tree. Superb.

Welp, that was a fucking prophecy.

youtube.com/watch?v=BndQrmT_ytg

bitch planet sounds pretty retarded. comics are dead.

>comics are dead.

And soon enough ttrpgs.

I doubt it. ttrpgs have always had a lot of females in the hobby because back in the day it was primarily played by children.

>Oh shit it's Thursday night, I better check on Critical Role
>feminism feminism feminism
>77 cents to the dollar
>80% of the enchilada
>a comic about a prison planet for women who dared oppose the patriarchy
>Holy shit, is this what they really think the world is like?

I could get this bullshit any day of the week at any hour. It's unavoidable. Can three hours on a Thursday night please not include this shit?

Just tune out during the break like the rest of us.

welcome to mainstream "nerd" culture.

>>Holy shit, is this what they really think the world is like?

They live in LA, so yes.
Theybait on an insulated echo chamber listening to the sounds of their own farts. Breathing in the noxious fumes until they can't tell reality from falsity.

>that break segment

that was rough. that was bad. that was fucking awful.

fucking vax edge hurts

Lesson learned, I suppose. Eh, it's their channel, they can do with it what they please. Still, it somewhat disturbs me that they would use their channel as a platform for progressive evangelism.

>Actually watching the break segments
>Not using the time to use the restroom or grab a drink/snack

Seriously the only thing worth sitting through is the fan art part. Some of its not too bad

just have to remember that it's not CR pushing forward the tumblr shit, its GnS

>Hurr I've never worshiped a god before but right now, right in front of you, seems like a good time
My god can she asspull any harder

IVE NEVER BELIEVED IN ANYTHING AND THE CLOSEST GOD I HAVE A TIE TO IS MELORA BUT ILL SUCK YOUR DICK PELOR SINCE I DONT WANNA WALK AWAY WITH NOTHING

FEMINISM

top tier roleplaying.

how does laura manage to cry every week

god that was the most cringe worthy shit from marisha

actresses are really good at crocodile tears.

kek even matt was like

>Really? Are you guys sure? No one else? No one other than Keylith? One final offer...

HOURGLASS HYPE

Just glad Matt didnt play into it.

The group has never been bright to pick up on things.

oh my god that reminds me of fucking saundour in the feywild that shit was infuriating

They're doomed with how indecisive they are

KEYLITH BACK IT AGAIN EVERYONE

honestly this is how i see all druids, never seen a non sperg druid

If Matt actually used this hourglass threat to keep combat moving outside of this one singular encounter, they might actually be able to get through multiple ones in a night instead of just one big one per session. But that would make too much sense.

Anyone else think that the simplest way would be the most effective?

>Vex humbly asking the Planar if she could pass?

that would be too much stress, even i think that's a recipe for horrible dnd play

Marisha taking too long on her turns even when there's an hourglass in front of here. I'm not even mad, I relish these antics.

>proud woman literally breaking the glass ceiling

so powerful im crying

You mean the stress of actually learning what your goddamn modifiers and spells do before your turn?

let your players think for a goddamn second, an hourglass is just being a dick for no reason, it's only an issue if you just never bother to remember anything like marisha

It's like the Hillary victory ceremony all over again!

>Not doing that during other players' turns
Look how fast Grog's turns are compared to literally any other member. They ALL should be that fast for a show like this.

...that's because grog is a barbarian. he can do ONE thing. he recently got more attacks because he multi classed into fighter

Oh gee I wonder what the others will do!
>Percy: Pew pew pew!
>Scanlan: Maybe has an excuse to take a bit
>Vex: More pew pew pew!
>Vax: MY FAMILY IS DEAD! I mean, dagger dagger dagger
>Marisha: Should just fucking die

been away for a while and now theres a fucking critical role general?

holy fuck bring the quests back ill take anything over this

good fucking god

FUCK YOU MERCER SHE DIDN't EARN THIS

dont be a chode, this a game not a competition. if my dm ever pulls that time trial shit i'm leaving

it's a lot easier to say 'yeah i go over to that guy and just smack the shit out of him' compared to say, a druid, who has several different options and can basically make or break a party in fights

>i can't believe people are talking about a popular dungeons and dragons stream with voice actors from the gaming industry that happens once a week on a board that talks about dungeons and dragons!

fuck off

I wouldn't normally use an hourglass, although used rarely like this, I think it offers a fine dramatic twist. In general, however, if combat rounds are consistently taking too long, then some soft time limits imposed seem sensible, otherwise it's entirely unnecessary.

ive barely paid any attention to this episode

just me or anyone else bored by 99% of what's been going on

the fights and the comedy are the real pros of this show, but there's no way to tell when those come up if you don't watch the whole thing

>Reinforcing the natural 20 on a skill check meme

Guys please. Please guys.

im pretty much ready for this campaign to be over with. i don't know how they fucked up not killing vecna in the first encounter. just feels likes they're extending the campaign instead of just fighting vecna again.

And nothing of value was lost

This is pretty much my point. If you can't come up with and execute a course of action within three minutes, no matter the class, then you either don't know your character sheet/spells or you're a mouthbreathing idiot.

Weren't they actually supposed to fight Orcus? That was the original bargain they made with The Raven Queen wasn't it?

Wonder if any of them are gonna remember that chestnut